PDA

View Full Version : Getting lower level Casualties possible?

Majorpattycakes
04-03-2013, 12:03 PM
My question is how do I get lower ranked casualties? I now lose demolitions, expert att drones, Hardened marines, bradley tanks and vipers. How do I go back to losing light gunners? Is it based on how many total units I have or my iph or my level or what? If I can reduce something to get lower ranked casualties, I'm all for it. Anyone know?

Thief
04-03-2013, 12:09 PM
You will always bring your most powerful Units to battle that is the default setting. You are probably not even bringing light gunners to battle anymore so the only thing you can do is lower your ally count so you bring fewer units to battle. This will make you weaker but you will loose less units because you are brining less units to battle (but still your strongest ones)

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 12:09 PM
My question is how do I get lower ranked casualties? I now lose demolitions, rovers, Hardened marines, bradley tanks and vipers. How do I go back to losing light gunners? Is it based on how many total units I have or my iph or my level or what? If I can reduce something to get lower ranked casualties, I'm all for it. Anyone know?

Nothing you can do, but go all gold.

You could lose any of your existing 2,000 units that play.

Enjoy the NEW normal.

ohgreatitsryan
04-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Take my approach, I'm at 199 allies and only hit people with 80 or less allies. Usually single digit ally counts. I dont take casualties.

ohgreatitsryan
04-03-2013, 12:12 PM
And you can find them that are general rank or higher so that you still get boosts BPs.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Take my approach, I'm at 199 allies and only hit people with 80 or less allies. Usually single digit ally counts. I dont take casualties.

What if someone hits you?

Thief
04-03-2013, 01:15 PM
What if someone hits you?

Lol PJ is currently in the Process of dropping down to 199 Allies

Burnt
04-03-2013, 01:50 PM
I would say, "spread the wealth too." For example, if you bring 500 very low units and 1 high unit to a battle, you will have a higher percentage chance of losing your very low units in a fight. I would find a infantry unit that you can bring to battle and stock up on them. You will lose them like crazy, but they are cheaper than med, low, very low. This is referred to as the meat shield strategy.

ohgreatitsryan
04-03-2013, 01:53 PM
I haven't been hit outside of a WD event in months. Come beat me up so I can see that inventory. I'm waiting PJ.

Burnt
04-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Also, if you attack opponents whose def is 40% of your attack, you shouldn't have any casualties. Of course, there are always exceptions, but that is a general rule.

Cha
04-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Also, if you attack opponents whose def is 40% of your attack, you shouldn't have any casualties. Of course, there are always exceptions, but that is a general rule.

Nope. I'm over 100k attack and even when I attack someone with 20k def I still lose 2-3 units per attack (usually brigands and attack drones).
Could be because I have a lot more units than I should for the new game.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 02:14 PM
I haven't been hit outside of a WD event in months. Come beat me up so I can see that inventory. I'm waiting PJ.

I'm a peaceful one.

¥♣RespectAbility♣¥
04-03-2013, 02:19 PM
I agree with what was said before.

Burnt
04-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Nope. I'm over 100k attack and even when I attack someone with 20k def I still lose 2-3 units per attack (usually brigands and attack drones).
Could be because I have a lot more units than I should for the new game.

Yeah, that's interesting. I saw that post in another forum, but it was beginning to flame out, so I didn't respond. Could be boosts, but not likely. Only if they lowered their ally count. Could be your last statement. What flag do you carry?

Burnt
04-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Oh and have you tried the meat shield strategy?

mkelly9779
04-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Burnt I am having the same issue. I am at 70k attack hitting mainly people at 25k def or less still averaging 2 to 3 units an attack or raid. Before now I could raid somebody 75% of my strength and only loose a unit every once in awhile. Now I am loosing high valor and high cost units to raiding or attacking people 25% or less of my strength almost every time.

mkelly9779
04-03-2013, 02:43 PM
I was reading another forum on this but it has become really juvenile with a lot of personal and non constructive attacks on each other. I just want to know if this is the norm now or was the norm before and what I was seeing before was just luck in not loosing many units especially to vastly inferior opponents. I am loosing units so fast I can't build strength unless I do nothing but the map missions and farm my base.

Burnt
04-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Yeah dude, I don't have a better explanation than the one I provided Cha. A couple of things to try and minimize the losses or minimize the impact of losses would be:

1. Meat shields
2. Defensive posture - I switched from American to Brit Flag to focus on defense and my casualties went down.
3. Build IPH
4. Hospital Boost Blg - Reduces casualties

Cha
04-03-2013, 03:01 PM
As you weren't losing units before you will be taking a lot of high end into battle. These will be vulnerable and you will lose a lot on each attack until the numbers a reduced then I think it will settle down.
The problem is that we have more units than we should so are losing a lot at the moment.

I've stopped pvp and am thinking about reducing ally count drastically - but no point in protecting units that will never be used. Can't calculate optimum values though until I know what a sustainable level will be but I suspect my few thousand valor units and high end drops are a lost cause.

WhatUSmokin?
04-03-2013, 03:54 PM
My advice is to boost infirmary ASAP - seems to finally be working. Hit guys 40% lower stats at the least and have plenty of "meat shields" like commandos.

mkelly9779
04-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks guys. I will concentrate on that and see what it does for me

What is an IPH

BigD@wg
04-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Thanks guys. I will concentrate on that and see what it does for me

What is an IPH

IPH - Income Per Hour