PDA

View Full Version : World Domination...

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Things are better when they are simple.

Why not allow every WD Event to run for 28 days?

That eliminates time zone glitches, schedule conflicts, etc...

If a team wanted to play 168 battles a week, they could.

Another team could battle three to four hours a day and stop.

Think of the possibilities, Gree.

A WD Event starts and ends after 28 days.

Simple, isn't it?

Also, no need to run other, less profitable, or more boring events.

But, you could also run those events simultaneously, too.

So many options, but WD becomes the big thing you want it to be.

Your faithful and obedient servant, Sir Insane of Idiocy

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjaankuA2G3edH2UxnKaBU-AbgNcFIuGzI4cbURIPljsULn44Tzg

http://www.touchmyapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/pinky_and_brain-r100.jpg

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u347/s-castro89/Motivator%20by%20me/Others%20motivators/WorldDomination.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRna-8_KbmsgEnoSmiFUsUXSVZ06UaZ2n8bSEn5KVPv3wdkxZO

ohgreatitsryan
04-03-2013, 11:44 AM
I honestly like the idea of much, much longer WD events, or 48 hour ones, but with a longer WD time, and events happening during it, it could change the nature of the events and the approach to then most factions take. More strategy could be involved, rather than the current button mashing race, though enough button mashing would still occur to satisfy the bottom line.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
I honestly like the idea of much, much longer WD events, or 48 hour ones, but with a longer WD time, and events happening during it, it could change the nature of the events and the approach to then most factions take. More strategy could be involved, rather than the current button mashing race, though enough button mashing would still occur to satisfy the bottom line.

The event starts say on April 1st and ends on April 28th.

Teams still have one hour battles, and nothing changes but the events duration.

That would take strategy, not just tap, tap, and declare.

The only change would be that NO team could fight more than three battles without a one hour break.

ohgreatitsryan
04-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Or they incorporate all of the concurrent events so that individuals earn WD points for completing certain missions/goals or WD points are awarded as consolation/insult prizes instead of bricks/allies.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Or they incorporate all of the concurrent events so that individuals earn WD points for completing certain missions/goals or WD points are awarded as consolation/insult prizes instead of bricks/allies.

Slow down, think about what you're asking and who we're discussing here.

Trebor
04-03-2013, 12:11 PM
All do respect pj The masses complain about 5 days. Everyone wants 3 days. Here is a 28 day proposal OMG ! We are all servants of gree. We do as they say and for how long we do it. Bottom line they say jump( buy gold and smash buttons) we jump and keep jumping.

As for your idea. Pure GENIUS I love it !

Thief
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
The issue i would see would include Matchup issues (fewer opponents are going to war 18+ times a day)

Burnout Rate....who wants to play non stop for a month....turn around and do it all over again.

Forts are no longer used...as you can't accumulate that much concrete to cover your wars (or maybe you allow players to pick and choose when they want a fort)

Gold Consumption actually Drops. The benefit is Active players are actually useful as they can battle more often

ohgreatitsryan
Slow down, think about what you're asking and who we're discussing here.

Silly me. Trying to make their stock prices rise.

PIRATE JUSTICE
All do respect pj The masses complain about 5 days. Everyone wants 3 days. Here is a 28 day proposal OMG ! We are all servants of gree. We do as they say and for how long we do it. Bottom line they say jump( buy gold and smash buttons) we jump and keep jumping.

As for your idea. Pure GENIUS I love it !

It doesn't have to be a 28 day event.

It simply runs for 28 days.

You can enjoy as much or as little of it as you can stomach.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 12:15 PM
The issue i would see would include Matchup issues (fewer opponents are going to war 18+ times a day)

Burnout Rate....who wants to play non stop for a month....turn around and do it all over again.

Forts are no longer used...as you can't accumulate that much concrete to cover your wars (or maybe you allow players to pick and choose when they want a fort)

Gold Consumption actually Drops. The benefit is Active players are actually useful as they can battle more often

Again, only an idiot would do this 18 hours a day for 28 days.

If the request wasn't matched within 30 minutes, it would be stopped.

Read carefully, and TRY to understand.

I only said the event runs for 28 days.

Nothing requires anyone to play for even one hour.

ohgreatitsryan
04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
If it ran for 28 days, and the prizes were considerably more enticing, think of the pressure anyone in top 100 faction would feel to be competitive. A gold sale wouldn't even be necessary to drive profits up. Teams couldn't play constantly, so when they are able to, they would most likely feel the need to spend more to ensure their ranking remains.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 12:27 PM
If it ran for 28 days, and the prizes were considerably more enticing, think of the pressure anyone in top 100 faction would feel to be competitive. A gold sale wouldn't even be necessary to drive profits up. Teams couldn't play constantly, so when they are able to, they would most likely feel the need to spend more to ensure their ranking remains.

Water seeks its own level.

I don't think more money would be spent.

If anything, it would be expended over 28 days, however.

I never suggested the prize structure or anything else be changed.

I simply said let the event exist, as an option for those who play it for 28 days.

Gree will never do this, so its just a concept we're batting about.

ohgreatitsryan
04-03-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm not advocating the necessity of spending more money, what I'm saying is that their would be more money spent given the current mentality that seems to be unwavering in it's determination to inflate WD scores far beyond where they realistically could be, given just a slight amount of understanding or cooperation.

It has never been GREE forcing us to spend more money or gold or what have you, it has been, and sadly will continue to be, all of us forcing each other to.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm not advocating the necessity of spending more money, what I'm saying is that their would be more money spent given the current mentality that seems to be unwavering in it's determination to inflate WD scores far beyond where they realistically could be, given just a slight amount of understanding or cooperation.

It has never been GREE forcing us to spend more money or gold or what have you, it has been, and sadly will continue to be, all of us forcing each other to.

What us, bwana?

ohgreatitsryan
04-03-2013, 12:43 PM
What us, bwana?

You're the first person I've heard use that that wasn't Somali or Kenyan.

I like pie
04-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Why not just have one all year round

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Why not just have one all year round

That's the spirit.

Mr. Pink
04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Since we're tossing around ideas...

1. Make WD a perpetual game
2. Break up the world into X number of regions with each region having unique "bonuses" and "burdens" (special units, boosts, alliance and member caps, casualty rates, gold free zones, etc.). Boosts are great but burdens would generate more strategy to the game.
3. Allow each faction to set their "base camp" in any of these regions.
4. The region a faction chooses will dictate who their faction rivals are and what kind of bonuses/burdens they have.
5. Factions fight each other to control regions and/or expand. Losing factions can get pushed out of regions (losing bonuses/burdens in the process) while winning factions can add new bonuses/burdens. Make it easier to control a region that is adjacent to home base versus controlling a region on the opposite side of the map.
6. WD turns into a never ending game of chess where factions must balance maintaining control of their regions while expanding out to new regions to gain new boosts/bonuses/prizes.
7. Get rid of 1v1 faction wars and have the regions dictate how fights are structured. Some regions are 1v1 only while other (more lucrative) regions can be 1v5 or more. Depending on the situation/region, alliances can be made between smaller factions to take on a stronger faction and have parity.
8. Each month throw in some LE events in the various regions and force factions to prioritize their resources around the LE prize they prefer to go after.

This game would be much more interesting and entertaining. It would also generate a lot more money IMO.

ohgreatitsryan
04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
New plan. Turn this into risk. Gree, do that and I will just throw all my money at you.

sparckle
04-03-2013, 05:35 PM

2. Break up the world into X number of regions with each region having unique "bonuses" and "burdens" (special units, boosts, alliance and member caps, casualty rates, gold free zones, etc.). Boosts are great but burdens would generate more strategy to the game.
4. The region a faction chooses will dictate who their faction rivals are and what kind of bonuses/burdens they have.
5. Factions fight each other to control regions and/or expand. Losing factions can get pushed out of regions (losing bonuses/burdens in the process) while winning factions can add new bonuses/burdens. Make it easier to control a region that is adjacent to home base versus controlling a region on the opposite side of the map.
6. WD turns into a never ending game of chess where factions must balance maintaining control of their regions while expanding out to new regions to gain new boosts/bonuses/prizes.
7. Get rid of 1v1 faction wars and have the regions dictate how fights are structured. Some regions are 1v1 only while other (more lucrative) regions can be 1v5 or more. Depending on the situation/region, alliances can be made between smaller factions to take on a stronger faction and have parity.
8. Each month throw in some LE events in the various regions and force factions to prioritize their resources around the LE prize they prefer to go after.

This game would be much more interesting and entertaining. It would also generate a lot more money IMO.

I like this idea. All regions should be perpetually contestable. It fits the theme of war and certainly makes for a much more interesting game.

Rebeca
04-03-2013, 05:36 PM

Thats the Risk Game - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_(game)

Its a great idea Mr. Pink

Speed ump
04-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Welcome back, mr pink

SNAKEEYEZ
04-03-2013, 06:39 PM
may not be a bad idea, but it's pretty unstable right now as is

ChaosButter
04-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Things are better when they are simple.

Why not allow every WD Event to run for 28 days?

That eliminates time zone glitches, schedule conflicts, etc...

If a team wanted to play 168 battles a week, they could.

Another team could battle three to four hours a day and stop.

Think of the possibilities, Gree.

A WD Event starts and ends after 28 days.

Simple, isn't it?

Also, no need to run other, less profitable, or more boring events.

But, you could also run those events simultaneously, too.

So many options, but WD becomes the big thing you want it to be.

Your faithful and obedient servant, Sir Insane of Idiocy

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjaankuA2G3edH2UxnKaBU-AbgNcFIuGzI4cbURIPljsULn44Tzg

http://www.touchmyapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/pinky_and_brain-r100.jpg

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u347/s-castro89/Motivator%20by%20me/Others%20motivators/WorldDomination.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRna-8_KbmsgEnoSmiFUsUXSVZ06UaZ2n8bSEn5KVPv3wdkxZO

Hello! Newbie here (to the game, not to the forum. I read, read, & followed the forum well before considering installing/playing MW.)

Pirate Justice's thread makes perfect sense if you've been reading his posts. One in particular that caught my attention was the "Easter Egg" Poll. Funny title...."someONE..." PJ is very deliberate in what he/she says.

No doubt, there are certain favors (Easter Eggs!) made available to high-level, uh, "players," through code
manipulation.

Then we have legit people....keep spending your money to chase the Pirates, Ferr. You're exactly what Gree wants. :\

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Hello! Newbie here (to the game, not to the forum. I read, read, & followed the forum well before considering installing/playing MW.)

Pirate Justice's thread makes perfect sense if you've been reading his posts. One in particular that caught my attention was the "Easter Egg" Poll. Funny title...."someONE..." PJ is very deliberate in what he/she says.

No doubt, there are certain favors (Easter Eggs!) made available to high-level, uh, "players," through code
manipulation.

Then we have legit people....keep spending your money to chase the Pirates, Ferr. You're exactly what Gree wants. :\

Your powers of discernment are working well.

Congratulations.

This game simply takes a bit of thought to master.

Once you understand that, you sit back and reap the rewards.

sparckle
04-03-2013, 08:09 PM
The real way to master this game is to master the control of your urges. In the absence of such control, this game will control you.

And you will be victim to the puppet master.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 10:02 PM
The real way to master this game is to master the control of your urges. In the absence of such control, this game will control you.And you will be victim to the puppet master.My goodness, here comes a very intuitive person. You are on point like a laser beam.

sparckle
04-03-2013, 10:10 PM
My goodness, here comes a very intuitive person. You are on point like a laser beam.

Your words of praise have touched me deeply. My instinct is no more superior than that of the average man. I am merely observant.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Your words of praise have touched me deeply. My instinct is no more superior than that of the average man. I am merely observant.They know not what they do. They are caught in the jaws of a very hungry beast. They feed their ego and are never satisfied. The creature laughs and foists more baubles and trinkets before them. Help me reach them, wont you? They fear the truth I tell. This game can't be beaten, it only deceives you into submission.

Q Raider
04-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Not too sure it can't be beaten PJ, I believe that in true Pirate fashion "X" marks the spot.

Find that, select that, and you will have truly beaten the game....l

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Not too sure it can't be beaten PJ, I believe that in true Pirate fashion "X" marks the spot.Find that, select that, and you will have truly beaten the game....lThis game is designed to be played, not won.

sparckle
04-04-2013, 01:20 AM
They know not what they do. They are caught in the jaws of a very hungry beast. They feed their ego and are never satisfied. The creature laughs and foists more baubles and trinkets before them. Help me reach them, wont you? They fear the truth I tell. This game can't be beaten, it only deceives you into submission.

There is no return for those that fall in the abyss. The hungry beast is particularly apathetic and unrelenting. Its jaws grip tighter at the sound of helpless pleas. We can only mourn their losses. Their sacrifices however, should not be in vain. Let them serve as examples to the unscathed. It is the best that can be made of their dire fates.