PDA

View Full Version : Can I use clear data option in android to free up some memory on my device

zhenyu
04-03-2013, 09:11 AM
I have this game installed on a nexus7 running latest android (4.2.1?). Under settings->apps->Modern War, I have notice that the data size of this game is getting bigger and bigger after each data package updated. I will like to use "clear data" option to clear up those old data package (assuming they are no longer needed). I want to make sure I can do that without losing any of my current data. Can someone confirm whether it is something can be done?

If not, I will like to see GREE do something about it because my data size is about 600MB now.

Is this a problem for those of you using iOS devices (iPhone or iPAD)?

Systematrix
04-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Yes you can safely clear the stored data. It will reset your settings, the last mission map you visited, etc but all important info is stored in their servers. You can even uninstall and reinstall the game and your character and base will still be there. I clear my stored data about 1 or 2 times a week (android).

Some Random Clown
04-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Yes you can safely clear the stored data. It will reset your settings, the last mission map you visited, etc but all important info is stored in their servers. You can even uninstall and reinstall the game and your character and base will still be there. I clear my stored data about 1 or 2 times a week (android).

Yes the main app is just over 32MB so dump that stored data and do it often. The game can be uninstalled and reinstalled without loosing your stuff. When the game is reloaded it uses your device ID which doesn't ever change to retrieve your info from the servers. All details about you are saved off each time you play and are kept on the server. It all gets reloaded again when the game starts up again. any data mismatches from crashes or hacks are ignored in favor of the servers numbers. I dont think anyone with IOS has ever mentioned these issues.

Agent Orange
04-03-2013, 10:15 AM
On IOS the main problem seems to be more CPU speed then system memory. Only IOS device that has freezing issues is an iPad 1st gen we have for beta testing. The dual core iPads don't seem to have any problems at all.

zhenyu
04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
thanks for all the replies.