PDA

View Full Version : Consolidation of #3-13 factions

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-03-2013, 05:48 AM
I would like some feedback on this idea:

Lets face it, there are about 500-800 big spenders on the game. The WD requirements keep going up, and faction# 11-13 at some point just have to settle for top 25. There is always some dead weight in a faction that can be cut, and it's replacement gets cut the following months.

If three of the factions ranked 4-13 disbanded and joined the remaining 7 top 10 would be guaranteed for the big fish in our pond. Gree would still get their money and us bigger spenders would be guaranteed a top 10 placement much like the top 3 is a foregone conclusion.

Any thoughts?

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 05:53 AM

Lets face it, there are about 500-800 big spenders on the game. The WD requirements keep going up, and faction# 11-13 at some point just have to settle for top 25. There is always some dead weight in a faction that can be cut, and it's replacement gets cut the following months.

If three of the factions ranked 4-13 disbanded top 10 would be guaranteed for the big fish in our pond. Gree would still get their money and us bigger spenders would be guaranteed a top 10 placement much like the top 3 is a foregone conclusion.

Any thoughts?

There is no reason for any player to help Emperor Gree pick your pocket.

There is a reason for players to figure out how to keep your cash and get the same thing for less.

Keep trying, you'll figure it out.

Frankly, 1st through 10 should look at doing LESS and getting MORE.

There is a way.

I have revealed the way.

No one thought it would work.

It will work, I assure you.

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-03-2013, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the hijack and buzz kill PJ. Why Do you even care? You guys own the planet

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the hijack and buzz kill PJ. Why are you even worried? You guys own the planet

I'm not killing your thread.

I am saying that no one has to leave their faction, just agree to tone down the spending.

There is no difference between 1st place and 10th place.

That said, if people agree to reduce their play by 50%, nothing changes but your bank balance, it doesn't decrease.

Ascent
04-03-2013, 06:10 AM
Sounds like you are proposing a cartel. Funny how people demand free and fair competition until they get to the top, when they will want a monopoly set in concrete :D

go for it... you obviously do not enjoy playing...

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-03-2013, 06:21 AM
go for it... you obviously do not enjoy playing...

Well, I guess I know where your vote is

whiskeybravo
04-03-2013, 07:26 AM
faction mergers are already happening . The bigger spenders have been consolidating into the top 10 factions for the last couple of events.

Q Raider
04-03-2013, 07:33 AM
But the law of diminishing returns in respect to expenditure Vs battle rewards says PJ is on the ball.....

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Thus my feeler question. I didn't say PJ was wrong: he is spot on. Figured the cartel idea was a way around it.

I'm killing this thread. Go free agency!

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 07:43 AM
The only thing that needs to change, because most people are averse to change, is to put a 2 vault limit on gold expenditures.

Thief
04-03-2013, 08:05 AM
I was with you Meta Rage....It made Sense from an economic Standpoint.

Really what needs to happen is we need cooperation in order to bring down WD points as a whole. Have all big spender going to top 10 teams and Just get above the 11th mark and sit there.

The same for top 25 and so on.

Captain Jack
04-03-2013, 02:44 PM
the only thing that needs to change whether you're a free player or spend enough on gold to buy a new Lamborghini is to have a game that works as advertised. A game where you do not feel like you could have used some lube and kiss when when you get done playing, just a little basic functionality. Like say when you attack someone and the display says you lost even though you just beat the exact same player 2 seconds ago by a margin of between 1 point to as much as wait for it... that's right we have screen shots of players losing when they put margins of attack with over 300k superiority in fact I challenge you all to put up screen shots of your losses that should have been wins, that you spent your hard earned cash achieving lets see who deserves the Costco size years supply of free lube, hell since GREE won't spring for it I'll pickup the tab. Hey if you're someone who feels like they like a kiss after I'll see if my wife TittyGuns can give you a little peck on the cheek! Come on GREE! stop dry humping us and give us a happy ending! A large majority of us are combat veterans where we never faced the kind of SNAFU that goes on around here! to say that things are FUBAR! at GREE would be an insult to all the men and women who served in those cluster****ed situations, do the honorable thing fix the problems or better yet, just fall on your swords!

Hassleham
04-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Things will change depending on each persons priorities. Some people are happy to just play the game and enjoy it, others are willing to sacrifice friendship for success.
Success in this case being one or two extra units.

That is life isn't it!

You saw the gap between the eleventh and twelfth factions in China, in Ireland that 11th faction won't have any big hitters left and that huge gap will be between 10th and 11th place. All the top ten factions will be there and the real fight will be between the remaining people trying to be top 25.

andypandy2
04-03-2013, 03:50 PM
If each faction has 50 members, and each player averages 300 points per hit, and each faction fights 40 battles, and each player participates evenly, and you get a free health refill for each battle, then the 10th place team would have needed 6,442 gold per player. The first place team would have needed 15,840 gold per player.

So, that is 4.3 vaults per player for the 10th place team. And 10.5 for the first place team. Or in dollars, (at $60/vault) it would be $257 for 10th, and $633 for first.

If you factor in more free hits and more faction members, this cost goes down.

If you do this same math for the top 10 teams, Gree only made $175,000 for China (not counting Apple's take).

Math is a funny thing.

Hassleham
04-03-2013, 04:02 PM
If each faction has 50 members, and each player averages 300 points per hit, and each faction fights 40 battles, and each player participates evenly, and you get a free health refill for each battle, then the 10th place team would have needed 6,442 gold per player. The first place team would have needed 15,840 gold per player.

So, that is 4.3 vaults per player for the 10th place team. And 10.5 for the first place team. Or in dollars, (at $60/vault) it would be $257 for 10th, and $633 for first.

If you factor in more free hits and more faction members, this cost goes down.

If you do this same math for the top 10 teams, Gree only made $175,000 for China (not counting Apple's take).

Math is a funny thing.

$175k for writing a bit of code and then sitting around all weekend watching it go wrong? Sounds like a great job to me :p

andypandy2
04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
I am in the profession. I'd have to make a lot more than that to put up with you guys!

Ryans67
04-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Agreed PJ. I thought this would be the first event where spending would decrease. Instead, a single faction full of hackers was able to increase the cost for 1-10 50%. And they pushed a legit faction into 11th. No need to name names, I just hope apple fixes this by Ireland. If not, I think we're going to see a mass exodus of legit spenders.

sigtrygg
04-03-2013, 07:03 PM
I used to laugh at people who spent money on this game until the WD events started and I got caught up in the battle frenzy!! I got sick of getting my *** kicked so I started spending money. I'm still no where near the top 250 and can't compete with the 160k+ stats. As a little guy in this game any of you big dogs want to share a secret or two with me on how to improve. It would be greatly appreciated. Allie code 678-882-300

The_Don
04-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Agreed PJ. I thought this would be the first event where spending would decrease. Instead, a single faction full of hackers was able to increase the cost for 1-10 50%. And they pushed a legit faction into 11th. No need to name names, I just hope apple fixes this by Ireland. If not, I think we're going to see a mass exodus of legit spenders.

I totally agree.

lemonhaze
08-19-2013, 01:09 PM

If three of the factions ranked 4-13 disbanded and joined the remaining 7 top 10 would be guaranteed for the big fish in our pond. Gree would still get their money and us bigger spenders would be guaranteed a top 10 placement much like the top 3 is a foregone conclusion.

Any thoughts? my faction kill yo self is pretty happy to just stay in the top 25..its alot cheaper then to spend all that extra cash for 1 more unit..for all the extra cash i would have to spend to stay in the top 25 i can get alot more stats useing that gold on ltqs and the commando tourneys..i have run across quite of few ppl that dont even have top 50 or top 75 units in thier inventory and they are well over 1m stats just from ltqs rivals and upgradeing the LE builds

TIMB0
08-19-2013, 01:30 PM
The only thing that needs to change, because most people are averse to change, is to put a 2 vault limit on gold expenditures.

Why in the name of God's green earth would Gree do this? "Hey, I know you want to give us a fortune but sorry...2 vault limit". And if you are implying that it's an agreed upon thing by the honor of players it's a sucker play. Someone will break the rule to take advantage and dominate. Human nature.

Meta Rage Trollbot
08-19-2013, 02:31 PM
This is an old thread. Please let it die its humble death.

Durt McGurt
08-19-2013, 03:58 PM
This is an old thread. Please let it die its humble death.

Bump

Hello Old Friend.

Thief
08-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Bump

Hello Old Friend.

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE (of course i mean this thread :P)

Great to see you both on the forums.

Twist of Cain
08-19-2013, 06:03 PM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=misfits%20die%20die%20my%20darling&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWBP fC9FzDL4&ei=F8ASUr65DsWt4AOfsYCgBw&usg=AFQjCNFwWyL9Uqdfj_6zdELicjl2ObqqBQ&bvm=bv.50768961,d.dmg