PDA

View Full Version : Once upon a time, in a game far, far away!

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 05:17 AM
Old King Fuzio was bored one day, and he called for the royal game maker. He said, "Build me a game." The royal game makers thought and thought. They wanted to make King Funzio happy.

King Funzio was a brave warrior. His Majesty led the Funzites to win many battles. The royal game makers created a game called, "Ancient War." Old King Funzio was very happy and his Funzites were, too. They played "Ancient War" and all was good within the Land of Funzio.

Old King Funzio wanted to make the people really, really love him. So his best adviser, Jarhead the Magnificent said, "Sire, why dost thee not deploy the NO-NO?" Old King Funzio asked, "What is this NO-NO, Jarhead?"

Jarhead the Magnificent said, "Majesty, it will make the people very happy. The nobles will not like it so much, sire, but you're the King. Nobelesse Oblige, Sire."

And so it came to pass in the Land that was Funzio, the people played and many loved the NO-NO. But, as with all happiness, some grew disenchanted rapidly. Some felt cheated, and unrest began to brew.

Sir Gree grew unhappy. Sir Gree decided to overthrow Old King Funzio. And, he battled Old King Funzio, and his army won.

Sir Gree named himself Emperor Gree. He called the conquered people, Greelings. He changed "Ancient War", and called it "Modern War".

Things were great, as is the way with these things. Old King Funzio was but a memory, and Emperor Gree soon came to be beloved and revered. Emperor Gree was pleased.

Emperor Gree saw the people were becoming unhappy. They loved Emperor Gree and he knew it.

The no-no was deployed to enchant some people Old King Funzio was attempting to exhort to spend money from his nobles. Somehow, Emperor Gree thought giving near invincibility to many to thwart a few to be foolish, and financially unsound. The few just took it for a very long time.

Emperor Gree saw the stupidity of Old King Funzio's Folly, the no-no. Emperor Gree created and deployed the YES-YES. The many received what they had bought, NOTHING.

Count Crass was dispatched by Emperor Gree to calm and soothe the sheeple. Count Crass was very clever. He had a way with words. Count Crass could say things and the people believed him. Count Crass' oratory was supreme. The people were soothed.

The few, which by now had grown by many, were spending a pretty penny. The few, the nobles believed, were freeloading. Emperor Gree is very financially savvy. Emperor Gree believed in giving his subjects ONLY what they buy, sometimes.

Actually, that's very smart, but also kinda creepy. If you buy a pound of coffee, you don't expect two pounds. But, when you buy a pound of coffee sometimes, you just spend the money to buy the coffee, and never get the coffee. But, I digress.

If you want an indestructible army, buy one was Emperor Gree's message. But, Emperor Gree wanted the people to "pay to play". Otherwise, those other trinkets ain't nothing but popcorn waiting to run into someone's popper.

The Nobles no longer cared, but the rabble became displeased. The gnashing of teeth by the rabble has begun. That's why Old King Funzio deployed the no-no. Old King Funzio would sometimes listen, rarely cared, but hated noise.

Emperor Gree cares about one thing, profit in his mighty realm. As the coins fell on his counting room floor, the noise can't be heard, just the jingle of profit. The Nobles are smiling, the rabble are whining, and a silly game still gets played. Emperor Gree knows a many, many things.

The YES-YES is here to stay. But, if the no-no returns, it won't be by Emperor Gree's royal decree? Either way, I just don't care. You shouldn't either.

All hail Emperor Gree. Long live, Emperor Gree.

Count Crass, we love you, too. Please keep the subjects informed.

Your faithful and obedient servant, Sir Insane of Idiocy

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTQnKCCMEArH6YVnhoB6ZktaA3dVMpu DmEGG1R5f2tvyO6JeYJ3g

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6rIFbwwhTlGn0nqGey9Z7eaa7xtaMN N_tx7vj6JJRUpId9KgkcQ

http://www.politifake.org/image/political/small/1005/your-majesty-obamaputz-political-poster-1274616953.jpg

Hassleham
04-03-2013, 05:18 AM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x46/dobbinish/PJmeme2_zpsf8deb06d.jpg

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 05:23 AM
What makes no sense, to many, is the truth.

A lie is easier to believe.

To understand the truth requires thought and the ability to discern.

Scotch Ego
04-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Thanks PJ.

I enjoyed your story. Like life, it makes no sense. I feel sleepy and have trouble focusing on the truth.

Can you tell the story of the Emperor who lost his shirt?

JUJUs Little Brother
04-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Old King Fuzio was bored one day, and he called for the royal game maker. He said, "Build me a game." The royal game makers thought and thought. They wanted to make King Funzio happy.

King Funzio was a brave warrior. His Majesty led the Funzites to win many battles. The royal game makers created a game called, "Ancient War." Old King Funzio was very happy and his Funzites were, too. They played "Ancient War" and all was good within the Land of Funzio.

Old King Funzio wanted to make the people really, really love him. So his best adviser, Jarhead the Magnificent said, "Sire, why dost thee not deploy the NO-NO?" Old King Funzio asked, "What is this NO-NO, Jarhead?"

Jarhead the Magnificent said, "Majesty, it will make the people very happy. The nobles will not like it so much, sire, but you're the King. Nobelesse Oblige, Sire."

And so it came to pass in the Land that was Funzio, the people played and many loved the NO-NO. But, as with all happiness, some grew disenchanted rapidly. Some felt cheated, and unrest began to brew.

Sir Gree grew unhappy. Sir Gree decided to overthrow Old King Funzio. And, he battled Old King Funzio, and his army won.

Sir Gree named himself Emperor Gree. He called the conquered people, Greelings. He changed "Ancient War", and called it "Modern War".

Things were great, as is the way with these things. Old King Funzio was but a memory, and Emperor Gree soon came to be beloved and revered. Emperor Gree was pleased.

Emperor Gree saw the people were becoming unhappy. They loved Emperor Gree and he knew it.

The no-no was deployed to enchant some people Old King Funzio was attempting to exhort to spend money from his nobles. Somehow, Emperor Gree thought giving near invincibility to many to thwart a few to be foolish, and financially unsound. The few just took it for a very long time.

Emperor Gree saw the stupidity of Old King Funzio's Folly, the no-no. Emperor Gree created and deployed the YES-YES. The many received what they had bought, NOTHING.

Count Crass was dispatched by Emperor Gree to calm and soothe the sheeple. Count Crass was very clever. He had a way with words. Count Crass could say things and the people believed him. Count Crass' oratory was supreme. The people were soothed.

The few, which by now had grown by many, were spending a pretty penny. The few, the nobles believed, were freeloading. Emperor Gree is very financially savvy. Emperor Gree believed in giving his subjects ONLY what they buy, sometimes.

Actually, that's very smart, but also kinda creepy. If you buy a pound of coffee, you don't expect two pounds. But, when you buy a pound of coffee sometimes, you just spend the money to buy the coffee, and never get the coffee. But, I digress.

If you want an indestructible army, buy one was Emperor Gree's message. But, Emperor Gree wanted the people to "pay to play". Otherwise, those other trinkets ain't nothing but popcorn waiting to run into someone's popper.

The Nobles no longer cared, but the rabble became displeased. The gnashing of teeth by the rabble has begun. That's why Old King Funzio deployed the no-no. Old King Funzio would sometimes listen, rarely cared, but hated noise.

Emperor Gree cares about one thing, profit in his mighty realm. As the coins fell on his counting room floor, the noise can't be heard, just the jingle of profit. The Nobles are smiling, the rabble are whining, and a silly game still gets played. Emperor Gree knows a many, many things.

The YES-YES is here to stay. But, if the no-no returns, it won't be by Emperor Gree's royal decree? Either way, I just don't care. You shouldn't either.

All hail Emperor Gree. Long live, Emperor Gree.

Count Crass, we love you, too. Please keep the subjects informed.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTQnKCCMEArH6YVnhoB6ZktaA3dVMpu DmEGG1R5f2tvyO6JeYJ3g

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6rIFbwwhTlGn0nqGey9Z7eaa7xtaMN N_tx7vj6JJRUpId9KgkcQ

http://www.politifake.org/image/political/small/1005/your-majesty-obamaputz-political-poster-1274616953.jpg

LoL it sure was funny lmao

Aidan
04-03-2013, 05:45 AM
Brilliant!!! I really enjoyed the story. I was there when Ol King Funzio deployed the No-No. I was just a boy then.

You missed one part tho.The beheading of Count Carac de Montfort......

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Brilliant!!! I really enjoyed the story. I was there when Ol King Funzio deployed the No-No. I was just a boy then.

Shhh, Emperor Gree has forbade us to speak of such things.

Your majesty, forgive him, he knowest not of your proclamation.

Beamer
04-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Idk I couldn't stop reading it so I guess it was good.

BigD@wg
04-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Never had the almighty no-no or the despicable yes-yes. Maybe mine is a so-so? :D

Drama Llama
04-03-2013, 06:35 AM
Ok someone enlighten this poor peasant as to what the no-no and yes-yes are?

Q Raider
04-03-2013, 07:07 AM

The no-no meant that people only had to buy or loot something once and it was always there....just like Gold.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 07:35 AM
The no-no meant that people only had to buy or loot something once and it was always there....just like Gold.

The NO-NO was a gift bestowed upon the lucky subjects of Old King Funzio.

That gift was deployed to about 70% of Old King Funzio's subjects.

Emperor Gree took the gift back by changing a 1 to a 0 in a line of code.

Yes, i have seen he code.

Yes, I know when the change was made.

Blawson
04-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Great thread. Would read again (sarcasm)

freshtouch
04-03-2013, 08:13 AM

No-No-YeS-YeS
If you want to find out anything from the Pirates about the methods they use, I advise you to stick closely to one principle: don't listen to their words, fix your attention on their deeds.

Vegaman
04-03-2013, 08:43 AM
There is only one morale to this tale....

"The King is dead... Long live the King" and so it goes on.

The End. *Closes book*

JUJUs Little Brother
04-03-2013, 11:04 AM
The no-nopmeant that people only had to buy or loot something once and it was always there....just like Gold.

So this explains why my rate drop of transport raiders is 100%. Am I understanding this correct?

GRW
04-03-2013, 11:04 AM
There is a saying similar to "don't cast pearls amongst swine"pj... They don't get it ... Wisdom or reading between the lines..sad really.. We are a "take it on face value" society now!

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 11:08 AM
There is a saying similar to "don't cast pearls amongst swine"pj... They don't get it ... Wisdom or reading between the lines..sad really.. We are a "take it on face value" society now!

I know, but if one has knowledge, one is obligated to share it with the masses.

Munch
04-03-2013, 11:51 AM

Maybe the truth will come out with so muNch uprising from the peasants. Maybe the Tyrant Gree will see that the income from the 150 + members of the top 3 , can not surpass the revenue of the other 5000 + factions in Greedome. I hope they can see the light and maybe shed some truth to the DARK

boardgames rule
04-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Hey dont forget about the countess. as well. Does anyone rembember her?

Aidan
04-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Hey dont forget about the countess. as well. Does anyone rembember her?

She ran off with WP, got married and they now have beautiful 6 month old baby girl ��

Agent Orange
04-03-2013, 01:53 PM

Alas the poor subjects doth speak of this beheading..... poor Count Carac indeed..... but how soon forsaken and forgotten. Yet the tongues of a few still speak of said Count in the present for he hath been saved and the beheading a hoax.

But tongues doth wag just as the tail of the dog yet those who have seen the light know of many things not spoken of in the open in front of the peasants of the once prosperous land for the hoax is now cloaked in darkness. So who indeed is this Count and for whence has he gone, perhaps to lead a secret group of magicians who will one day arise and expose the wrong doings of the King.

Gritix
04-03-2013, 01:58 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x46/dobbinish/PJmeme2_zpsf8deb06d.jpg
Hahaha that was actually funny

ChaosButter
04-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Some of us get it, PJ. The Pirates are cheating with Gree's blessing.

Either say what's going on or don't. Personally, I think you're deliberately obscure so as not to become useless on this forum. If we knew what you know....you'd be useless, & no one would listen to or reply to your posts.

The_Don
04-03-2013, 07:39 PM
I think I just had a WTF WTF.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Some of us get it, PJ. The Pirates are cheating with Gree's blessing.

Either say what's going on or don't. Personally, I think you're deliberately obscure so as not to become useless on this forum. If we knew what you know....you'd be useless, & no one would listen to or reply to your posts.

If we were playing hot and cold, in this thread you're cold.

In the other thread you were hot.

If confronted with the complex or the simple, always choose the simple.

Philly982
04-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Great thread if one can read between the lines. In all seriousness, I would love to see this turned into a full length motion picture series. Three 3 hours movies released a year or two apart like the Lord of the Rings, however, the first line should read, "Based on true events......from an iPhone app". Now you need to start working on a plot for the prequel......CC perhaps?

Ghost Recon
04-03-2013, 08:20 PM
If confronted with the complex or the simple, always choose the simple.Sometimes the simplest choice is not always the best choice :)

Q Raider
04-03-2013, 09:14 PM
All that glitters is not Gold it seems.

I think there was a break in at the Gree headquarters recently.

All the Gold being used for the indestructible units was stolen and replaced with lead.

In despair Gree used the Lead and covered it with gold paint hoping nobody would notice...

Crypt
04-04-2013, 03:53 AM
All that glitters is not Gold it seems.

I think there was a break in at the Gree headquarters recently.

All the Gold being used for the indestructible units was stolen and replaced with lead.

In despair Gree used the Lead and covered it with gold paint hoping nobody would notice...

dude, i think its only right someone fills you in on this lil secret... its not real gold bars your buying just 1's and 0's. That being said the new creates are awesome.

oh btw PJ this aint kingdom age save your ye ol stories for that forum. we are real men here and talk about man stuff like guns and tanks and pink bushes

Crypt
04-04-2013, 03:59 AM

its not a question of what is the "no no" its a question of how did you acquire a "no no"

Q Raider
04-04-2013, 04:09 AM
dude, i think its only right someone fills you in on this lil secret... its not real gold bars your buying just 1's and 0's. That being said the new creates are awesome.

oh btw PJ this aint kingdom age save your ye ol stories for that forum. we are real men here and talk about man stuff like guns and tanks and pink bushes

I am perfectly aware it is a game of 1's and 0's.

The point of that post is that it now appears that the term "indestructible" has a different meaning in the Gree vocabulary to what the rest of the world understands the term to mean.

NaRciS
04-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Makes perfect sense....