PDA

View Full Version : The darkness

amir1974
04-02-2013, 09:05 PM
i Heard about what happened to The Darkness , and i feel so sorry for them , i was a member of this great faction and i know the effort all members put into the event , especially BAP who really was Amazing in Everything ,
i Think WE , the players of MW must stand stand with them , they have the right to reclaim what is theirs , it's gree fault that they Went off the top 10 , because they couldn't declare war while others were accumulating more Points ,
any faction can have this problem , so we all must Think like one , and stand for the ones we admire , Think if you get it after , you will whine , get mad . sad and begin flooding this forum ,
so , in order for this not happen again , i Think we all must stand behind The Darkness and get Gree to see their fault , and be fair ,
The Darkness deserves the top 10 spot and they MUST get the rewards according to it , it was Gree fault not theirs .
all hail The Heroes of The Darkness
stand together and we will win

Jhenry02
04-02-2013, 09:15 PM
I agree it's sad, but other factions timed their wars so they could fight until the last minute.
I agree it sucks, but it isn't gree's fault.
It was like this in Egypt and Greenland. You know you can't declare war with under 60 minutes left.

I have much love and respect for jacko and The Darkness; but they knew how the game was played.
We had the same issue, a 200k lead on spot #50. But out last war ended with 55 minutes left. So we got to sit and wait and watch teams score more points.

-Jason

amir1974
04-02-2013, 09:20 PM
true , but if you read their thread , they are sure that they couldn't declare war 1hour and half Before the end of the event , so they had a real big chance to get into the top 10 , 1 h and half and you can't declare war ? it's nonesense

Gambit12
04-02-2013, 09:37 PM
i Heard about what happened to The Darkness , and i feel so sorry for them , i was a member of this great faction and i know the effort all members put into the event , especially BAP who really was Amazing in Everything ,
i Think WE , the players of MW must stand stand with them , they have the right to reclaim what is theirs , it's gree fault that they Went off the top 10 , because they couldn't declare war while others were accumulating more Points ,
any faction can have this problem , so we all must Think like one , and stand for the ones we admire , Think if you get it after , you will whine , get mad . sad and begin flooding this forum ,
so , in order for this not happen again , i Think we all must stand behind The Darkness and get Gree to see their fault , and be fair ,
The Darkness deserves the top 10 spot and they MUST get the rewards according to it , it was Gree fault not theirs .
all hail The Heroes of The Darkness
stand together and we will win

I second & i'm with you on this...

Thief
04-02-2013, 09:58 PM
I don't know if they had over an hour left or not because i heard an error with the countdown clock due to Time changes. Regardless i'm more concerned about how the other factions placed that may have done it in a manner that wasn't legit.

In the end Darkness still deserves top 10 prize IMHO.

Jhenry02
04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
If my brain still works, I think bap is euro.
We had a few euro guys that still could see full action screen after US timer expired.
We didn't try to have them declare.

So if the event ended 12 noon US PST. It would still be showing for Euro Players. So they would show ability to declare but can't because technically the event had ended. But how other factions were still battling is beyond me. Unless it was just a complete eff up on grees timer systems not accounting on euro time change.

If that is the case then they deserve the rewards. But if it was a simple, we didn't leave enough time to declare a full war, that's on them.

-Jason

HunterKiller
04-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Lots of factions were able to declare war in the last hour, if you couldn't and lost a prize because of it then gree should be adding this to the long list of things they need to apologize for...

Blest@iBOB!.mw
04-02-2013, 11:50 PM
What would it hurt Gree to award a great faction like The Darkness top 10 prize? Just my $0.02...

Jhenry02
04-02-2013, 11:58 PM
The only thing i can think of.
Is it could open pandoras box and now all factions 1 place back from a cutoff will complain and flood gree with complaints.
Then real tickets will take even longer to resolve.

-J

Scot
04-02-2013, 11:59 PM
I agree Darkness deserves it!

I don't find it to be fair either way with the final hour. I think it was a better idea like in brazil when the battles just stopped whenever the timer ended for the event. I understand the strategy aspect of waiting until final hour and couple minutes to declare but what if you don't get matched like darkness did and you get screwed? There ought to be a better solution I believe.

Just my opinion,

ScottyD

Aidan
04-03-2013, 01:14 AM
It was a display bug which affected Euro players.
Players in europe were seeing an hour and a half extra when the rests of the world were showing less than 1 hour. but it was simply a display bug. The correct time was the US time.

My bet is that Euro members in darkness saw that they have 1 hour plus left and thought that they could squeeze one more battle in (so did us). Whereas US players were seeing less than 1 hour. As you all know, the system doesnt allow you to declare war if the timer is less than one hour.

This pic was taken when our US players have 50 mins left in the timer.
As you can see i cant declare even though i have 1 hour 29 mins left in the timer. If this was the case for darkness, then i'm sorry but imho they dont deserve it. ALL factions were affected by this bug (unless you dont have any euro players in your faction)

http://i45.tinypic.com/ws136.jpg

procsyzarc
04-03-2013, 01:19 AM
I think the better bet is do a full investestergation into all top 10 teams and ban and strip the point from any hackers and then re distribute the prizes to the real winners. That would solve darkness issue too

mikejmc
04-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Unless all members of Darkness are in Europe, I don't think they deserve the 10th place prize.
We are all playing on the same rules and it's part of the game to time the last battle correctly. They could get more points to get an extra buffer. If everyone can declare in the last hour, I bet the results will be very different.
It's intense watching the guilds fight for top 100 and 250.

Blest@iBOB!.mw
04-03-2013, 01:43 AM
The only thing i can think of.
Is it could open pandoras box and now all factions 1 place back from a cutoff will complain and flood gree with complaints.
Then real tickets will take even longer to resolve.

-J

Oh yeah... that...

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-03-2013, 03:05 AM
Oh yeah... that...

Don't comment on "that." Verboten.

Big Apple
04-03-2013, 03:25 AM
Especially when you know that there are hacker factions in top 10. The Darkness deserves that Gree looks in this issue ASAP!

amir1974
04-03-2013, 04:28 AM
i think it's not only The Darkness but all of us MW players are affected by this BS , the timer was showing 1h and half for us too and we couldn't start a war , buildings that we couldn't vault , gold disappearing , crashes , bugs , just because someone so dump wants the event to be in that exact date and could not or right to say didn't bother to listen to all of us and make it after , we all suffer high losses glitches and other s... but no one cares .
i think that i made my point , it's not only a matter of one faction , this affects us all , our voice is never heard , we shall just follow and be quiet and greatful , nothing more , if not you get a ban and a pang .
So i say that all of us must stand behind The Darkness till they get their right , they fought for it , they wasted thousands of money , time and sleep to get it .
I am with The Darkness and any other faction that suffered the daylight changes , and hope everyone and i mean EVERYONE will do the same .
cheers from Sweden

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-03-2013, 04:36 AM
Shhh, there are things we are told NOT to discuss.

We know what governments do, and in some countries they lock you away in gulags for discussing those things.

In some countries, one is required to display the "dear leaders" creepy portrait in your living room.

In this place, we are told NOT to discuss, ahem, THEM and what they DO.

Please, knowing what you KNOW, proceed cautiously; because there are things you don't know.

amir1974
04-03-2013, 04:43 AM
Shhh, there are things we are told NOT to discuss.

We know what governments do, and in some countries they lock you away in gulags for discussing those things.

In some countries, one is required to display the "dear leaders" creepy portrait in your living room.

In this place, we are told NOT to discuss, ahem, THEM and what they DO.

Please, knowing what you KNOW, proceed cautiously; because there are things you don't know.

with all my Respect PJ , i know what you mean , and i know that i am at the top of a bridge and can fall anytime , but one get fed up and thinks that this BS must stop one day , we pay to play , we want just what we pay for , a fair game with no bugs , no glitches , no hackers , WE WANT A FUN GAME .
i do respect your point of view PJ , you are diplomatic more than me , but someone must stand for what he see it is right and fight for it .
thx for your reply bro
cheers from Sweden

It's all a dream
04-03-2013, 05:23 AM
In Egypt there was the dst from the US. US players could declare war after the timer ran out in the rest of the world. However prizes were out at the official time (which was the same as in non-US). Points gathered did not count.
This time we had dst change in Europe. I tried to declare, it gave me pop-up Aidan already showed. And prizes went out while I had still 1h on the clock.

IMO gree did good. Otherwise we would have had the same discussion as before, we still got points, pushed us over the top... but we didnt get the prize.

If the Darkness could not declare war any other time of the event then Gree messed up.

rce
04-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Everyone should know by now that GREE does not care about compensating anyone, even if it was their fault.

Idiokus
04-03-2013, 06:33 AM
Thanks to all taking our defense!!! To make it clear...many of our faction members could not declare war, we have pictures to prove this, one member has a picture with 1:50 left to play but couldn't declare!!! So I'm confused to read about having to declare before last hour...WE TRIED!!!!! We had way over an hour left!!! It was not a mistake from my team's behalf!!! This was an error, DST problem which could have been avoided by Gree knowing they can encounter this type of error by launching event when they did! Why should DARKNESS get penalized for an error we did not make??? We did not cause these time issues...so what every time there is a DST problem teams that are affected by this should just accept this?? It's not Gree' s fault but the client's fault for not being able to declare??? Is it normal too that from the start of event many of our players could not log in and play??? I managed to log in hours after event started normal??
Is it normal to send evidence of time issues with pictures to support only to get a message back from support stating the engineers looked into this your team had less than 50 minutes ...must declare before last hour. HELLO the picture showed timer 1:50 ...what is support saying?? They need to respect their loyal clients that spend real money on this game!! I'm mean really support ...these pictures are proof of your wrong doing please just rectify so we can move on and enjoy playing this game!!! This is not about Egypt Battle...good if they were issues and Gree rectify by giving those in factions their rewards! Now do the right thing too this time around!!! Give DARKNESS thier rightfully deserved units and avoid doing events during DST!!! This was not an error from our faction's behalf...time to step up and do right!!!
Good day...

mxz
04-03-2013, 06:44 AM
I can certainly sympathize with their plight. There have been many DST related issues and this could have been avoided with timing. However - the in game clock has been screwed up for all these events for certain groups.

From what I can tell, Jhenry is correct - doing it here would set a dangerous precedent where they'd have to go back and award anyone with a screen shot of the wrong clock the prize of the next tier up. As forum members, we can't claim that we didn't know it ended at 12PM PDT, as that was clearly posted.

Tough situation, and it could have been avoided on both ends.

Idiokus
04-03-2013, 07:51 AM
@ MXZ...so like I stated is it normal? So my team should just accept this because this will raise problems for Gree??
So they shouldn't fix what went wrong to avoid the list of those who found themselves in a similar situation?? That's a good one...yes lets just continue spending gold and accepting all their errors like they never happened so like this Gree doesn't get swamped with past requests to rectify! I'm not a Gree employee so I'm not concerned about them having skeletons from their past haunting them about past errors. I'm a client and would like to see an event that went wrong handled properly by Gree...we all were aware at what time event ends by the way, we where just shocked that it ended for us before its time!!! So for me there is no tough situation and I don't understand what you mean when you state "could have been avoided on both ends". Please don't take wrong...I understood you feel bad for us and its appreciated but we DARkNESS want this fixed!

Thief
04-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Idiokus i hate to say it but almost all of the top 10 teams had Europe players that were impacted by this. However most are lucky enough to also have US players who were showing the correct time and we communicated together based on what we had read on the forum. There was certainly confusion because of it but the fact remained that the event ended at 12:00pm PST. So while i understand your frustration the Darkness was given the same amount of battle time as any other faction (excluding the first 5 hours of the event where it seems 25% of Everyone couldn't log on anyways)

Now does gree mess up? Of course. People left and right couldn't log on initially and they showed a countdown clock that mis-represented the timing. But that isn't the first or the last time that there will be a display that is incorrect. Look at the Limited time PVP event right before. Beat 30 Objectives and get a tank...ohh wait just kidding. In that case we are talking a legal issue of Bait and Switch but with the timer issue it's only an issue if everyone of your players that were online showed the incorrect clock (still not right...but it's a different story) In the end there was under an hour to declare.

Now as i've stated i think you deserve the prize. You got the short end of the stick but i think you deserve the prize for a different reason than the DST clock issue.

Vegaman
04-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Guys you only have yourselves to blame. Waiting till the final hours was a bad tactical call. If PUN FERR ETC can rack up nearly all their points by Sunday eve then so could you.

Yep i feel sorry for you but we are all in the same boat here. Our faction got hit too by the final hours mix up but we had already secured our place. Does this mean everyone gets more units?? Lets be real its not going to happen.

bradyj4
04-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Guys you only have yourselves to blame. Waiting till the final hours was a bad tactical call. If PUN FERR ETC can rack up nearly all their points by Sunday eve then so could you.

Yep i feel sorry for you but we are all in the same boat here. Our faction got hit too by the final hours mix up but we had already secured our place. Does this mean everyone gets more units?? Lets be real its not going to happen.

To be clear, Darkness did not wait until the final hours. We were well ahead of the 10th spot (8th) when the last war we were allowed to fight was over.

Philsbase
04-03-2013, 08:50 AM
I put my vote to you guys and I would be very surprised if Gree did nothing...........

TEG
04-03-2013, 12:42 PM
My team was close to top 10 too, and almost half our our players were locked out of the event for a good part of the first day. There are problems and injustice spread around in many ways.

#1GREEFAN
04-03-2013, 01:05 PM
To be clear, Darkness did not wait until the final hours. We were well ahead of the 10th spot (8th) when the last war we were allowed to fight was over.

If the last war you were allowed to fight in ended at 11:11 PST, you would be just inside the 50 minute window where no one could begin a war. If another faction declared war at 11:00 PST, just outside the ceasefire window, they would have 49 minutes to accumulate points when you could not.

If this were the case, you could have dropped from 8th to 11th during this time span. While it would suck, I do not believe it is necessarily unfair. It would just be a case of vaguely defined rules causing one team to not take advantage of timing rules.

Rough Neck
04-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Too bad, last minute poor strategy try to conserve gold, try harder and build a better lead in Ireland, congratulation on 11th place and Gree should not compensation anything

Philsbase
04-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Too bad, last minute poor strategy try to conserve gold, try harder and build a better lead in Ireland, congratulation on 11th place and Gree should not compensation anything

The advertised end time was not in fact the correct advertised end time... Yes the Darkness should get something back .... miss-lead, fooled, conned, scammed, misrepresentation or bug call it what you like they should get a resolution from Gree

I like pie
04-03-2013, 02:09 PM
In the words of Arnold, stop whining.