PDA

View Full Version : CC failed to load due to invalid data...or all players are beaten up

Vito Corleone
04-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Well after the latest update a lot of Android players got this problem.
I had 9 bonds and was going for the 10th.

As mentioned in other threads the probability to get the 10th is much higher
if the tries can be done after each other. But if I can only open 25 at the time before getting this message.

This is unacceptable...

Ghost Recon
04-02-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm getting this too. A simple restart of the game fixes it but it's pretty annoying.

Vito Corleone
04-02-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm getting this too. A simple restart of the game fixes it but it's pretty annoying.Yes but you loose the history of the previous opens.

BigMoney
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm assuming we're talking about this error:

http://i.imgur.com/kKWg77W.png

since the new dataset. If so, restarting the game DOES NOT fix it for me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times now, and I'm still get the error. I was able to visit one person's hood before it gave me the error again. Once in someone's hood (if I can get there), I get the "this player is too beat up" error when trying to rob any buildings (super annoying after I came across someone with two robbable nightclubs). I've had nothing but BLNTs so far, which I'm pretty sure is related to the issue (usually stems from not being able to transmit data --> default to BLNT).

So ****ing annoying.

Edit: also, I'm on Android too.

lucky83
04-02-2013, 03:25 PM
I think pretty much all of us droid users have the same probs. I don't know if other operating systems are affected too?

BigMoney
04-02-2013, 03:43 PM
We're getting totally screwed with briefcase opens. I know it's not going to happen, but at the very least, I would like if GREE were to give us free timer resets for each failed open. I've had 4 straight BLNTs and I'm sure it's related to the issue. The first open is supposed to be the easiest. The amount of time GREE takes in responding to my Support ticket will determine if I ever spend money on this game again.

It just prompted me with a "new dataset" download (even though I currently have the briefcase download), so hopefully that's a new dataset to fix the issue as opposed to another glitch.

lucky83
04-02-2013, 03:46 PM
i had the same "dataset download", doesn't look like it worked for me though :/

MoarKrabs
04-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Heh, I got like 4 bearer bonds earlier to day and due to that error, I've lost all of them. This is utter bull****.

mxz
04-02-2013, 04:31 PM
I would like if GREE were to give us free timer resets for each failed open.... The amount of time GREE takes in responding to my Support ticket will determine if I ever spend money on this game again.I'm starting to see why support doesn't respond to you. This is unreasonable and a waste of a ticket.
I've had 4 straight BLNTs and I'm sure it's related to the issueIt's not. That's called probability - you can blame math and science.
The first open is supposed to be the easiest.Ok, maybe you just misunderstand the gameplay mechanics (maybe Lupo can teach you more), but your statement is inaccurate. It is no "easier" to open a box the first time, second time, or last time. Want to get something other than BLNTs? Use gold :)

teo
04-02-2013, 04:37 PM
I have a new version of briefcase problems. I had 6 in iventory, I collected 5 from robberies and the counter reset and 6+5 = 5

great.. oh well, I wont bother support with it, I will just go rob some more

Gunflame
04-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Hey Everybody, Better Luck Next Time :eek:

BigMoney
04-02-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm starting to see why support doesn't respond to you. This is unreasonable and a waste of a ticket.It's not. That's called probability - you can blame math and science.Ok, maybe you just misunderstand the gameplay mechanics (maybe Lupo can teach you more), but your statement is inaccurate. It is no "easier" to open a box the first time, second time, or last time. Want to get something other than BLNTs? Use gold :)

Hey, thanks for the sarcastic and condescending response.

First things first, I go to graduate school for Mathematics. Your condescension to me on this matter is offensive. I'm well aware of how probability works, lightyears beyond you do.

Second, I'm convinced the Android case issue is related to the BLNTs. Try putting your phone in a concrete box, and try opening a case. I guarantee you it'll be a BLNT. Further, you'll notice it'll be instant. Successful case opens take a second, where you get the circular loading icon (the same one you see when depositing and withdrawing money from the bank). I obviously can't prove it, but I'm fairly convinced that being unable to transmit data guarantees a BLNT.

Next, the probability of a successful open (i.e. in this case, one that results in a "bearer bond") most certainly does go down with each successful open. If this were not the case, there would be a lot more people with grand prize items. Since you fail to grasp even that simple concept, just think about how many cash opens it takes for someone to get their first "bearer bond" (or "experimental round", or whatever the current event item is), and how many opens it takes to get that final item. There are people who've spent vaults of gold trying to get that last open (since the game defines a "successful open" as one that results in loot, not necessarily "bearer bonds" or what have you) who have STILL been unable to get that final item. If you think that the probability of receiving a bearer bond when you have 0 bonds is the same as the probability that you'll receive a 10th, it is you who is daft.

I'm fully aware that it's not terribly statistically unlikely to get 5-6 BLNTs in a row for my first open, but my remark was that I felt that it was related to my game being unable to transmit data of any sort (can't visit hoods, can't rob/attack players, etc). I'm fully aware that the statistical event is possible (though unlikely), my unproven assertion is that it's related to the game errors Android users have been having.

But really, thanks for the condescending reply demonstrating absolutely no knowledge of statistics or probability whatsoever. I at least found your hypocrisy amusing.

Edit: I also want to add, since you apparently think I'm completely retarded, that I sent a support ticket in because my game has not been working properly since the new dataset-- I have trouble visiting hoods, am unable to rob/attack players, and get "invalid data" error messages advising me to uninstall and re-install my game. I did NOT send a support ticket in to ask for compensation for the BLNTs. Try upping your reading comprehension a bit before firing off such an inane post next time.

BigMoney
04-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Ok, maybe you just misunderstand the gameplay mechanics (maybe Lupo can teach you more), but your statement is inaccurate. It is no "easier" to open a box the first time, second time, or last time. Want to get something other than BLNTs? Use gold :)

Also, it took a grand total of five minutes to disprove your absolutely stupid assertion that "It is no "easier" to open a box the first time, second time, or last time.", but thanks for questioning my understanding of game mechanics.

Source: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21735-Wall-Safe-Event-is-live!&p=132381&viewfull=1#post132381

Relevant quote:
Emeralds:
This is sort of an event currency. Emeralds have a chance to drop anytime a Wall Safe is successfully opened. Players will need to collect Emeralds to obtain the loot seen in the main events window. Once 10 Emeralds are collected, the end event item is awarded. At this time, players may still open Wall Safes, although Emeralds will stop dropping.
The rate for emerald drops is gradually reduced as your total number of Emeralds increases. This never becomes a 0 or below-0 number.

In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about. Have a nice day.

mxz
04-02-2013, 08:35 PM
In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about. Have a nice day.You should check out some of my research. Your degrees may lead you to believe you understand probability and gameplay mechanics - but that doesn't make you right.

Stick around for another few months and maybe you'll figure out what CCM meant by that. Feel free to search some of my past threads - it's been explained before. Had you not melted down I might have even linked it for you.

Any time you'd like to have an adult discussion on gameplay mechanics I'd be happy to oblige you. :)

BigMoney
04-02-2013, 09:43 PM
You should check out some of my research. Your degrees may lead you to believe you understand probability and gameplay mechanics - but that doesn't make you right.

Stick around for another few months and maybe you'll figure out what CCM meant by that. Feel free to search some of my past threads - it's been explained before. Had you not melted down I might have even linked it for you.

Any time you'd like to have an adult discussion on gameplay mechanics I'd be happy to oblige you. :)

Oh boy, you sure should me, with your lack of evidence (that you purport exists, but won't show me). That line from the developer means exactly what it said: each time you get an item (in this case a "bearer bond"), the probability that you will get another one decreases. To assert otherwise, as you did in your initial post, is completely wrong. To say that the probability you get the 1st one and the probability you get the 10th one has to be the stupidest thing I've read on these forums.

I mean really, why'd you even bother responding? You refuted nothing (my claim that inability to transfer data results in a BLNT, or the claim that the probability of a successful open decreases after each successful open). You really just came back to say, "neener neener, I'm right." What a waste of time.

Tommy Two Toes
04-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Sorry to interrupt this feud, but the problem seems to have rectified itself on all three of my devices.
Anyone else?

http://i.qkme.me/3ojzsc.jpg

BigMoney
04-02-2013, 09:48 PM
I got an Enhanced Bike on my last open, but I'm not willing to say it's "fixed" yet.

Edit: not willing to say it's fixed because I've had a few times looking at the "traveling to rival's hood" message, and a couple times where a building gave me the "player is too beat up" error message. I'm not saying I don't think it's fixed because of my drops. Since certain people have below-average reading comprehension, I felt the need to make this explicit.

dudeman
04-02-2013, 10:07 PM
The first open is supposed to be the easiest.

Ok, maybe you just misunderstand the gameplay mechanics (maybe Lupo can teach you more), but your statement is inaccurate. It is no "easier" to open a box the first time, second time, or last time. Want to get something other than BLNTs? Use gold :)

To paraphrase mxz, since I have the impression that what he said was misunderstood, the open rate for event boxes is not the same as the drop rate for special items obtained from an open box. The open rate for boxes is always the same regardless of event progress, and depends on which method of attempting to open the box you choose (free, cash, gold). The drop rate for event items starts off fairly high and decreases as you progress, meaning the first opened event box will usually contain a special event item — which is not at all the same as saying the first attempt to open a box will usually be successful.

Now that that's cleared up, hopefully Vito can have his thread back.

BigMoney
04-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the clarification, dudeman. It should have been obvious from the context of my posts that I was referring to the "drop rate" of the special items, not the "open rate." Obviously the open rate doesn't change. Sorry if I was misunderstood.

Edit: I'm not even sure how what I said initially to mxz was misconstrued-- I said "the first open is supposed to be the easiest." Clearly I was referring to the probability of a "successful drop." The fact he responded with such condescension after his own terrible reading comprehension just makes mxz an *******.

DvD
04-02-2013, 10:56 PM
I am doubtful the clearing has occurred but hopeful, none the less. Cheers Vito.

tassychris
04-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the clarification, dudeman. It should have been obvious from the context of my posts that I was referring to the "drop rate" of the special items, not the "open rate." Obviously the open rate doesn't change. Sorry if I was misunderstood.

Edit: I'm not even sure how what I said initially to mxz was misconstrued-- I said "the first open is supposed to be the easiest." Clearly I was referring to the probability of a "successful drop." The fact he responded with such condescension after his own terrible reading comprehension just makes mxz an *******.
MXZ was being a pain we all knew what you were talking about. 8, 9 and 10 can take 3 times what it takes to get the tokens for the earlier ones spending gold or not.
P.S the first hour always seems easier thanks Gree for stuffing it up once again for Android. Got up early to do it game crashed and I was not only not able to get the event done and dusted but because I had crashed I got robbed of around 20mill oh well used to it. LOL

Vito Corleone
04-02-2013, 11:46 PM
So it seems the problem is gone. A server issue probably. This has happened once before that I know of at least.
This CC failed to load problem.

The problem is that this cost me a lot of unnecessary extra spent gold to get the 10th one. That's what I'm upset about.

tassychris
04-03-2013, 12:09 AM
So it seems the problem is gone. A server issue probably. This has happened once before that I know of at least.
This CC failed to load problem.

The problem is that this cost me a lot of unnecessary extra spent gold to get the 10th one. That's what I'm upset about.
Yep and a glitch always makes it easier first hour.....oh well such is life I have my new car but far down on my stats hope the 30% discount works for level 9 cas that brings them under 2 bill

gambet1234
04-03-2013, 12:52 PM
If it makes anyone feel better, I knew mxz was right (has been since I started here) and at the same time also misread him in the same way you did. Half way through this thread I was about to re-evaluate my understanding of collect 10 events. You guys were talking about a bag full of apples and oranges and arguing about what color they all are.

mxz
04-03-2013, 01:13 PM
If it makes anyone feel better, I knew mxz was right (has been since I started here) and at the same time also misread him in the same way you did. Half way through this thread I was about to re-evaluate my understanding of collect 10 events. You guys were talking about a bag full of apples and oranges and arguing about what color they all are.After reading this gal's responses that appears to be accurate. Make no mistake, though, I've been wrong before.

I was wrong about box opening seeds and being able to predict when you should open to get what you want. A couple hours into testing we found out it was likely inaccurate. Subsequent testing confirmed it.
A few months ago I saw some evidence that suggested collect-10s may be gamed by using gold at a specific time...got proven wrong during our secondary trials.
I was wrong about being able to hide yourself in the rivals list by using a certain trick.

It's not so bad to be wrong, since it helps us learn. Just need to be careful about what you choose to hang your hat on and who/what you want to dispute when you don't have evidence.

Jman
04-04-2013, 07:25 PM
I don't know if other operating systems are affected too?
I'm on ios and it broke when i updated the game. The "bug fixes" should have said "introduces bugs." I have restarted and uninstalled several times to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix it?

gambet1234
04-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes, mxz, but you never go all gung-ho when you haven't tested and gotten proof. You are clear about hypothesis vs theory. You say things like "it seems" or "I think" before you go screaming about how it is. You keep expanding based on available data. You correct yourself when you come across a flaw. I know when you aren't sure because you haven't created a graph or spreadsheet for it yet :) TY