PDA

View Full Version : Profile Stats

dbell525
04-02-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm on Android. When I look at my own profile, it shows stats that are inflated. Is that due to the profile bonus bug that is stickied above or some other cause? It's driving me nuts to see 28K attack, then when I attack someone, its somewhere around 15K.

YourPastLife
04-02-2013, 10:49 AM
It is a different issue that has been going on for a few months and gree knows about it but can't seem to fix it.

atretes1
04-02-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm on Android. When I look at my own profile, it shows stats that are inflated. Is that due to the profile bonus bug that is stickied above or some other cause? It's driving me nuts to see 28K attack, then when I attack someone, its somewhere around 15K.

Its been like that since Greenland. Wish it would get fixed who knows what our boosted numbers are?

klonik
04-04-2013, 04:11 AM

I am playing on Iphone my stats are what they should.

AFAIK issue with android is in profile instead adding bonuses together (as server side is doing) is multiplying them. ie u have 20 from bonus buildin 10 + 5 from unit and 30 from faction

server side / ios resulting bonus will be 65%
on android profile it will be 1.2*1.1*1.05*1.3 > 80% ...

In reality its even worse than that and they may count all bonuses for all units its mess :) because same happen with def buildings

For my friend he real value should be 62k on ios i see 60k but that could be from different rounding ... he sees 100k while units in his rooster are 50k at best no bonus applied ... few def building do not change this much

I know than IOS on faction profile does not count faction bonuses in or not correctly (its there for ages) so thats why there is diff between what should be and what ios sees

but showing 2x times higher stats is a new FEATURE (understand BUG) particular to android from 3.7

Except for u doing analysis of your units u have no chance knowing your real strength before fight and for def since there are no battle reports other than win / loss u r completely on your own

Ascent
04-04-2013, 04:29 AM
I am on iOS

It used to be that enemy profile stats showed lower values, as boosts and bonuses were not shown.

Now, what I see is that the actual fight screen shows much lower stats for the enemy than the profile stats.

It cannot be Skill Points, since I have all of mine vested in Defense and have no Attack Skill points at all.

ProCision
04-04-2013, 04:34 AM
My stats were XX,XXX before joining a near maxed out faction after joining my stats were XXX,XXX, when i would attack my stats were still XX,XXX sometimes XXX,XXX. After leaving that faction my stats are XX,XXX and sometimes I get an attack that is XXX,XXX. The only change was what I seen in the profile screen. There hasn't been any other change from before and after.

HGF69
04-04-2013, 04:49 AM
So hold here, are we saying that Android stats are wrong? Should they be higher or lower?

When I look at my faction members android stats I see 100k less in his stats than he does.

Who is seeing the correct stats?

Are android players under the illusion they are higher than they are? If so that's unfair on them. They need to know what they have A/D.

klonik
04-04-2013, 05:13 AM
I am playing on Iphone my stats are what they should.

AFAIK issue with android is in profile instead adding bonuses together (as server side is doing) is multiplying them. ie u have 20 from bonus buildin 10 + 5 from unit and 30 from faction

server side / ios resulting bonus will be 65%
on android profile it will be 1.2*1.1*1.05*1.3 > 80% ...

In reality its even worse than that and they may count all bonuses for all units its mess :) because same happen with def buildings

For my friend he real value should be 62k on ios i see 60k but that could be from different rounding ... he sees 100k while units in his rooster are 50k at best no bonus applied ... few def building do not change this much

I know than IOS on faction profile does not count faction bonuses in or not correctly (its there for ages) so thats why there is diff between what should be and what ios sees

but showing 2x times higher stats is a new FEATURE (understand BUG) particular to android from 3.7

Except for u doing analysis of your units u have no chance knowing your real strength before fight and for def since there are no battle reports other than win / loss u r completely on your own

I thought about this from programmer side ( i do not program much anymore, but in past i did )

Any sane person doing 4 platforms (ios, android, google+, FB) for 4 different game with same basic rules would do to show stat on profile following

an SQL view with counted values (thus including bonuses applied server side) for ATT and DEF separately ( u cant sort it only one or other way correctly) dropped anything after current rooster and send info to client resulting in totaly same info on all platforms

What i think they do instead is they sort your units by base stats send over and let client handle counting

It's very devious and very stupid thinking ... they think they save server time... which they save, but not much,as they do exactly same calculations for battles anyway ...
thus making a programming error on client will make all of client show wrong stats. And since they cant do same mistake for all clients every single of them will show different non realistic values ... on top that it will count with units u do not have in rooster as bonuses for different units may have (and have different values)

OH and BTW by this approach they at least triple net traffic for any profile view too.

I may be wrong, but i doubt so ... Seen doing same stupid mistake done by people doing 250k+ as programer why wouldn't small company one do exactly same

Ph4ntom Stranger
04-04-2013, 05:27 AM
So hold here, are we saying that Android stats are wrong? Should they be higher or lower?

When I look at my faction members android stats I see 100k less in his stats than he does.

Who is seeing the correct stats?

Are android players under the illusion they are higher than they are? If so that's unfair on them. They need to know what they have A/D.

You are probably seeing a better representation of their true figures. Android profile stats as stated above are inflated (the higher your stats the higher your inflation #).

On the battle result screen for android those numbers are correct. And yes they still jump around above and below your boosted stat number because we can still see the effects of skill points and the hidden random factor we always hear about.

So since we can see the fluctuation of our stats you can approximate your boosted attack by logging 30-40 attacks and taking the average. You can take that a step further and make note of the lowest figure you logged and you can then use that figure to determine who you can attack without losing (assuming you have a good idea of what your opponents defense is). It has worked out well for me anyways.

Hope this helps some of the others on Android.

YourPastLife
04-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Sum of stat problems us android players have -

1. Profile stats with faction bonuses are greatly inflated, my stats show 80k+ on my profile but are actually closer to 45K

2. Comp. factory does not show an increase in stats when upgraded for android users and not sure if it is working at all.

3. If I try to view the stats of a faction member from the members section it will show their profile with a variation on my profile att/def stats. Makes it a pain as an officer of the faction I cannot check stats of potential new members.

Feel free to add any I have missed

atretes1
04-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Sum of stat problems us android players have -

1. Profile stats with faction bonuses are greatly inflated, my stats show 80k+ on my profile but are actually closer to 45K

2. Comp. factory does not show an increase in stats when upgraded for android users and not sure if it is working at all.

3. If I try to view the stats of a faction member from the members section it will show their profile with a variation on my profile att/def stats. Makes it a pain as an officer of the faction I cannot check stats of potential new members.

Feel free to add any I have missed

Sounds about right mine has all those flaws. Plus crashing all the time mine will crash half of the time when scratching a scratcher. Who knows if I ever get the item. It always crashes while clicking the stats of someone I am replying to from my news feed. I wish we could get an answer or solution on this besides it has been forwarded to the developers.

YourPastLife
04-04-2013, 07:42 AM
I also crash about every third day after I scratch off my scratcher to see what I won, I get to see my results but crash before shown the reward. Lots of missing buildings that come and go and visiting rivals causes a crash quickly.

atretes1
04-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Travel time to bases is crazy also sometimes I wait 30 seconds and give up and have to force close it.

Long dong silver
04-04-2013, 08:15 AM
I'm glad this point has been raised. My llp account is on android, I was attacked yesterday and lost, it baffled me. My defence is 64k and was attacked by a player with 33k attack .!!!

This needs to be rectified Gree

Cheers
Lee

Ascent
04-04-2013, 11:26 AM
I thought about this from programmer side ( i do not program much anymore, but in past i did )

Any sane person doing 4 platforms (ios, android, google+, FB) for 4 different game with same basic rules would do to show stat on profile following

an SQL view with counted values (thus including bonuses applied server side) for ATT and DEF separately ( u cant sort it only one or other way correctly) dropped anything after current rooster and send info to client resulting in totaly same info on all platforms

What i think they do instead is they sort your units by base stats send over and let client handle counting

It's very devious and very stupid thinking ... they think they save server time... which they save, but not much,as they do exactly same calculations for battles anyway ...
thus making a programming error on client will make all of client show wrong stats. And since they cant do same mistake for all clients every single of them will show different non realistic values ... on top that it will count with units u do not have in rooster as bonuses for different units may have (and have different values)

OH and BTW by this approach they at least triple net traffic for any profile view too.

I may be wrong, but i doubt so ... Seen doing same stupid mistake done by people doing 250k+ as programer why wouldn't small company one do exactly same

I think there is a very simple explanation: all humans pick the easiest solution available right now. We are not good at thinking and preparing ahead. So, the programmer slaps together something that works now and later hacks any additional new things around it. after a while the whole thing is a patchwork of bandainds and nobody dares to touch it because it may all fall apart and nobody can follow how the damn thing actually works because it is all intertwined with everything else. Naturally, there is never time or money to rewrite the thing the right way, so things only degenerate even further.

I have seen how programmers work, I've been doing game development all my life. Out of hundreds of programmers I have known 3 who actually sat down and designed the data structure and program architecture on paper, ahead of time before touching the keyboard.

Programmers are interested in solving problems. Give him a problem and he will solve it, give him a task, a functionality and he will code it. He is not the person who has the vision and the scope and any possible future expansions or new features of the game in his head. He is not interested in those things. That is why they code in a very shortsighted way.

Most of the time when I sat with the programmers I was busy explaining to them why will it be a dead end if they do it the way they plan to do it and later, when I may want ot add some other functionality, he will be either in trouble implementing it or will have to rewrite the code in a more structured and nerdlike fashion. but their most favorite challenge is to code something as compact as possible. Only to spend a hundred hours a week later trying to understand how that damn thing works, because it is not human readable anymore and by that time they themselves forgot their brilliant compacting idea.

Finally, it is rare, that a seasoned programmer is in charge or the designer, producer, project manager role, who would catch these things ahead of time.

klonik
04-04-2013, 02:40 PM
I think there is a very simple explanation: all humans pick the easiest solution available right now. We are not good at thinking and preparing ahead. So, the programmer slaps together something that works now and later hacks any additional new things around it. after a while the whole thing is a patchwork of bandainds and nobody dares to touch it because it may all fall apart and nobody can follow how the damn thing actually works because it is all intertwined with everything else. Naturally, there is never time or money to rewrite the thing the right way, so things only degenerate even further.

I Have to agree. on top of that programmer is more often than not being told priorities and what to do by people who haven't slightest clue about programing ... and its even worse when online part is discussed and it runs on DB ... DB are pure evil black magic for most programers .. for art director or game designer its pure geek thing they do not want have anything in common :D

I know ... we work around same business :D from different angles tho :D