PDA

View Full Version : 50 Allies; What I'm I doing in the whale zone?

Sakki
04-02-2013, 03:27 AM
I have only 50 Allies, but find myself in the whale zone. I'm level 130.

What is the problem?

I can't complete missions if i keep running into rivals that are 100k stats compared to my 20k!!

camper killer
04-02-2013, 04:18 AM
Will someone at Gree admit they screwed ip the rivals list with this new implimentation?

You have had nothing but complaints since its launch. I think its time to put things back how they were.

If its not broke don't fix it.

Blest@iBOB!.mw
04-02-2013, 05:50 AM
I'm level 130. 20k!!

What is the problem?

It's the second number...

Kot
04-02-2013, 05:53 AM
Whales love small fishes

Ssne
04-02-2013, 05:58 AM
Yes, but the point is at 50 allies you should not be paired up with 500 ally rivals. camper killer is spot on.

Ranger4Life
04-02-2013, 06:41 AM
The issue that needs to be rectified ASAP is the fact that some people in the Whale Zone can see down to level 130 from 200+; however, NONE of the level 130 players can see anyone over their level.

PLEASE FIX YOUR BUGS!

#1GREEFAN
04-02-2013, 06:48 AM
will someone at gree admit they screwed ip the rivals list with this new implimentation?

You have had nothing but complaints since its launch. I think its time to put things back how they were.

If its not broke don't fix it.

please do not make such negative comments against gree. Accusing gree of making a mistake is very wrong. Stop trying to make other people think gree is wrong, because that is bad and you should be banned.

camper killer
04-02-2013, 08:26 AM
please do not make such negative comments against gree. Accusing gree of making a mistake is very wrong. Stop trying to make other people think gree is wrong, because that is bad and you should be banned.

you my friend mistake negative for truth. never let the two confuse you. example: i am at 99 allies just got hit by someone at 850 allies. before that 550 allies, before that 502 allies. none of which ever show up on my list. I cannot see above 250 allies being at 99. Now tell me how 99 allies should ever be on the rival list with 500 or more.

oh and the rival list bug is back..... wrong names and bases are showing up as well as the string of numbers after names. Support was warned about this over a week ago and sent back a generic response. Everyone remembers what happened last summer when this bug crept in then? yeah it was rival list nightmare. Guess what, its happening again and starting to get more frequent......???????

Alo
04-02-2013, 08:27 AM

U forgot to insert irony tags :D

#1GREEFAN
04-02-2013, 10:04 AM
you my friend mistake negative for truth. never let the two confuse you.

I used to have an unenlightened mindset such as yours. But then my brash attitude and lack of respect for authority caused me to stumble, and I was cast out. Now I have learned from my mistakes, and have returned to help others see the error of their ways.

Even if GREE did make a mistake (which they do not) you should not talk about it, because that only spreads disharmony and confusion. GREE knows what is best for us, and they will do what is right. Telling them what to do only makes them unhappy and distracts them from taking care of us.

mistergreen
04-02-2013, 10:17 AM
I used to have an unenlightened mindset such as yours. But then my brash attitude and lack of respect for authority caused me to stumble, and I was cast out. Now I have learned from my mistakes, and have returned to help others see the error of their ways.

Even if GREE did make a mistake (which they do not) you should not talk about it, because that only spreads disharmony and confusion. GREE knows what is best for us, and they will do what is right. Telling them what to do only makes them unhappy and distracts them from taking care of us.

You are more on.

Jd-fors
04-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Gree will get to our problems after they deal with theirs.they have to count their new found money you know.
1,2,3,5 oh crap 1,2,4 oh crap 1,2,3,4,6 oh crap.gonna be awhile.lol

ProCision
04-02-2013, 11:04 AM
It's the second number...

Spot on, how the F are you level 130 with only 20k in stats. Find a different game, you clearly don't know how to play this one. Not saying what is happening to you is right, cause that is also wrong, but even if it was right you would be on here saying that people that are level 130 with the same allies are beating the snot out of you.

RedCloud
04-02-2013, 11:22 AM
The issue that needs to be rectified ASAP is the fact that some people in the Whale Zone can see down to level 130 from 200+; however, NONE of the level 130 players can see anyone over their level.

PLEASE FIX YOUR BUGS!

Almost right. I'm at 138, a/d 65/83. The whales can see me and I can see them. But fish that are smaller than me have become very rare, and those few I see are never more than 8 to 10k below my attack (easily within the margin I need to allow for boosts). Why even call it a rival's list? Mine's just a list of people I don't dare attack.

Ranger4Life
04-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Almost right. I'm at 138, a/d 65/83. The whales can see me and I can see them. But fish that are smaller than me have become very rare, and those few I see are never more than 8 to 10k below my attack (easily within the margin I need to allow for boosts). Why even call it a rival's list? Mine's just a list of people I don't dare attack.

You're the first person I've heard around your level that CAN see players up to level 250.

RedCloud
04-02-2013, 12:43 PM
You're the first person I've heard around your level that CAN see players up to level 250.

Maybe I'm not understanding the official definition of "whale" then. No, I haven't seen anyone at 250. But the players on my list have a/d as high as 6-700k. So what is that? A great white? I dunno, the effect is the same. I'm not taking on anyone with stats 10 times mine, no matter what their level.

Vertex
04-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Maybe I'm not understanding the official definition of "whale" then. No, I haven't seen anyone at 250. But the players on my list have a/d as high as 6-700k. So what is that? A great white? I dunno, the effect is the same. I'm not taking on anyone with stats 10 times mine, no matter what their level.

Ranger is referring to those players who are level 200+ (not Attack/Defense score). The rival list is currently bugged where level 130 players can only see 2-3 levels around themselves, while players above 200 can see down to level 130. This has nothing to do with attack strength or defense.

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Aside from the wiley battle generator issue, I would say the largest problem you have is your stats. 20K doesn't cut it at level 50! Try camping for, I don't know, 6 - 8 months and buy wisely.

There are a few people with those monster stats at your level. Several people have decent cash and lots of smarts. Many of them camp except wars, so you will soon level up beyond them, then REALLY feel the pain.

Sound about right R4?

BigD@wg
04-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Aside from the wiley battle generator issue, I would say the largest problem you have is your stats. 20K doesn't cut it at level 50! Try camping for, I don't know, 6 - 8 months and buy wisely.

There are a few people with those monster stats at your level. Several people have decent cash and lots of smarts. Many of them camp except wars, so you will soon level up beyond them, then REALLY feel the pain.

Sound about right R4?

Well I would have agreed 100% a month or so ago but there is no "camping" any longer. Sure you can not level and stay below the whale zone but you are still going to be a target for stronger players.

I'm below the whale zone but I still constantly get hit by stronger players. Increasing attack and defense does nothing at this point except get you a rivals list with even stronger players that are not even visible to me. With the new structure, unless you are willing to constantly outspend your competition to be the strongest you are somewhat wasting your time. Buying gold units is pointless unless you plan to outspend 95% of of all potential rivals in the entire game.

RedCloud
04-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Ranger is referring to those players who are level 200+ (not Attack/Defense score). The rival list is currently bugged where level 130 players can only see 2-3 levels around themselves, while players above 200 can see down to level 130. This has nothing to do with attack strength or defense.

But isn't that the old algorithm, where players were matched by level and number of allies? CJ said the new algorithm matched on power. Power is attack strength and defense, no?

I know for a fact that there are plenty of players at and above my level who have 500+ allies and much lower stats than mine. I encountered lots of them during the China event. I'm assuming it's this new "power match" that's keeping those weaker players off my rivals list. But for some reason that same power match doesn't eliminate players with 10x my power.

Any way you look at it, it's bent.

Meta Rage Trollbot
04-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Well I would have agreed 100% a month or so ago but there is no "camping" any longer. Sure you can not level and stay below the whale zone but you are still going to be a target for stronger players.

Oh, I TOTALLY agree! But you and I have taken our time. We have a lad here who leveled up way too fast. At least I would say camp except during wars (which is what many in our range do anyway). Just adding allies for our friend will help somewhat, but slowing down is essential for him.

Sakki
04-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Spot on, how the F are you level 130 with only 20k in stats. Find a different game, you clearly don't know how to play this one. Not saying what is happening to you is right, cause that is also wrong, but even if it was right you would be on here saying that people that are level 130 with the same allies are beating the snot out of you.

I expected something better from someone who's a 'senior member' in the forum. If everyone had the same level of expertise in the game, i guess there wouldn't be a forum. If everyone had 100K stats at level 80, who's gonna beat who up?
The point is not if my stats is 2k or 500k, the point is I am at only 50 ALLIES!! Why do I see rivals with 500 allies?

ohgreatitsryan
04-02-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm at 199 allies, hunting people with double to single digit allies. I like it. Change nothing!

Brahmin
04-02-2013, 05:41 PM
I agree with you sakki our rivals lists should consist of a similar ally count as our own because this allows us some form of control over the strength of our allies. I understand this was the way it used to be.

BigD@wg
04-02-2013, 05:51 PM
I expected something better from someone who's a 'senior member' in the forum. If everyone had the same level of expertise in the game, i guess there wouldn't be a forum. If everyone had 100K stats at level 80, who's gonna beat who up?
The point is not if my stats is 2k or 500k, the point is I am at only 50 ALLIES!! Why do I see rivals with 500 allies?

The answer to your question:

If you are unaware of the change, Gree altered the algorithm which originally matched people within a specific allies range. They changed the algorithm to match rivals based on power. Therefore, you might as well add 450 allies to achieve max stats because everyone at 500 allies can now see you on the rivals list.

Jahootie
04-02-2013, 05:54 PM
You gotta be kidding me.......dude go find a tranny......

Sakki
04-03-2013, 02:52 AM
The answer to your question:

If you are unaware of the change, Gree altered the algorithm which originally matched people within a specific allies range. They changed the algorithm to match rivals based on power. Therefore, you might as well add 450 allies to achieve max stats because everyone at 500 allies can now see you on the rivals list.

Thank you bigD@wg.

whiskeybravo
04-03-2013, 07:21 AM

PLEASE FIX YOUR BUGS!

This x 100.