PDA

View Full Version : Briefcase Event

MrL
04-01-2013, 12:34 PM
This event says it is in progress but it is now showing for on my home screen - advice please

Bala82
04-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Yes waiting data to be pushed normally in 24 hours

Lonestoner
04-01-2013, 12:41 PM
You'll just have to wait for the popup screen like we always do.. Case events rarely pop for me right at 12PST anyways.. I'm on droid, so it's usually ~24 hours late actually.

Shades7
04-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Ok, so to declare war this screen will eventually let me in? Because I tried Saturday and it wouldn't let me in. So I assumed the fight was locked until the 1st. I'm confused. We didn't have any problems declaring wars whenever we wanted to on the first screen.

Please school me!

LucaLuca
04-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Ok, so to declare war this screen will eventually let me in? Because I tried Saturday and it wouldn't let me in. So I assumed the fight was locked until the 1st. I'm confused. We didn't have any problems declaring wars whenever we wanted to on the first screen.

Please school me!

You are quite lost. In fact, I'd say you're Criminally Insane...

The Billionaire
04-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Gree don't work on the holidays so the event will probably go live at some point tomorrow

host
04-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Its not active for me either. It usualy takes som time because i am on droid .

Joe Brown1
04-01-2013, 06:20 PM
April Fools:)

Gree's version of their standard joke;)

TRAZ
04-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Yep, must be an April fools joke.

Scarface78
04-01-2013, 07:05 PM
they should change the "in progress" message to "working on it"

tehlolkid
04-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Two men are having a drink in a bar. One says: "You know, I've never really understood what a dilemma is..."
"Let me tell you a story," says the other man, "Imagine you wake up in a bed with two people next to you. To your left is an incredibly beautiful woman willing to have sex with you, and to your right is a very horny gay man."
"So where's the dilemma?" replies the first man.
"To whom do you turn your back?"

Sorry, I'm just bored waiting for the event.

splintuh
04-01-2013, 10:59 PM
they should change the "in progress" message to "working on it"

They really just meant it's a work in progress...

Mr T Perfect
04-02-2013, 02:36 AM
anyone seen the pop up at all??

also as new to cc - is there a lower player level limit on these things like in KA?

Billy Big Bucks
04-02-2013, 06:14 AM
Two men are having a drink in a bar. One says: "You know, I've never really understood what a dilemma is..."
"Let me tell you a story," says the other man, "Imagine you wake up in a bed with two people next to you. To your left is an incredibly beautiful woman willing to have sex with you, and to your right is a very horny gay man."
"So where's the dilemma?" replies the first man.
"To whom do you turn your back?"

Sorry, I'm just bored waiting for the event.

I dont get it.

ianmac
04-02-2013, 07:26 AM
I dont get it.

You must be new here :)
Well newer than me anyway ;))

Kidkiller
04-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Lolz I get it. But how I'm suppose to participate in this briefcase event when its up, just minding my buisness or whatever else?

Bala82
04-02-2013, 09:11 AM
or by doing maps

Ben Weston
04-02-2013, 09:52 AM
I dont get it.

poor choice of words there friend.

gunny22
04-02-2013, 10:11 AM
I think we're about 24 hours after april 1st noon PST. Still nothing yet (droid).

Daswi
04-02-2013, 10:26 AM
I think we're about 24 hours after april 1st noon PST. Still nothing yet (droid).

Not quite there yet. Noon PST is 3pm EST

Justsimply
04-02-2013, 10:42 AM
1hr 13mins to noon PST

NTM
04-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Just start for me left 3 days 11 hours! normal?

Shades7
04-02-2013, 12:40 PM
This is ridiculous!

Ghost Recon
04-02-2013, 12:42 PM
This is ridiculous!Open the menu, click "MORE..." and then click "ABOUT". Let it finish updating. It will prompt you to restart the game once it finishes.

Ben Weston
04-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Mine has just come up, unbelievably late!

Shades7
04-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I followed your instructions to update but it didn't update. It states Content Version 20130402 3. To cover my bases, I restarted my iPad and tried again. Same results AND I still can't get in. The Content Version remains the same as well.

Maddawgkilla
04-02-2013, 01:28 PM
try either clicking help and reading up there and/or uninstall and reinstall

Ben Weston
04-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Shades I have the same Version with build 350.2

Shades7
04-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Ok, after uninstalling/reinstallining, I tried to get in. Nothing.

I retried the update steps. Nothing. Content version is now 20130306 0.

I'm clicking on the name of the game in progress. That is the is correct thing to do correct? No one on my team has been able to play on this new screen thus far. They are aggravated that I don't have the answers. So this is me trying to get answers.

Help is no help.

Tech support is backed up. The last time it took me weeks to get an answer. We don't have weeks.

Superfly
04-02-2013, 02:08 PM
1 reinstall, 1 reboot and a few log outs and my game is still playing up. Cant do PVP as every players is too beat up and Im getting the delete/reinstall app message again...

Ghost Recon
04-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Ok, after uninstalling/reinstallining, I tried to get in. Nothing.

I retried the update steps. Nothing. Content version is now 20130306 0.

I'm clicking on the name of the game in progress. That is the is correct thing to do correct? No one on my team has been able to play on this new screen thus far. They are aggravated that I don't have the answers. So this is me trying to get answers.

Help is no help.

Tech support is backed up. The last time it took me weeks to get an answer. We don't have weeks.http://i46.tinypic.com/29h18x.png

http://i45.tinypic.com/sweo2r.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/2iih3d5.png

Shades7
04-02-2013, 02:22 PM
1 reinstall, 1 reboot and a few log outs and my game is still playing up. Cant do PVP as every players is too beat up and Im getting the delete/reinstall app message again...

I'm no expert by any means. All I can offer is my experience and is sounds like you did it and just didn't note it. Uninstall the app first. Then reinstall. I made the mistake of just reinstalling over top. You can get away with that in Windows.

The "players too beat up" problem is something I fight daily. It happens to me when my Internet signal is weak. It might have nothing whatsoever to do with your problem. I just wanted to throw it out there in case.

I hope I didn't insult you if this is well below your knowledge. I was just trying to help. People have trying to help me today and I appreciate it. I want to give back if I can.

Superfly
04-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Hey no problem and I appreciate the help. It was a clean uninstall/reinstall but Ill see how it goes. I contacted support and I understand this sometimes happens so I wont post here again about it. :)

chicksdiggit
04-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Just got the event to load, 5:30pm central. Iphone.

Shades7
04-02-2013, 03:59 PM
The update has never happened. It just sits there and looks at you. The content number (20130306 0) changed because I upgraded to HD.

Ok there's been a change. I took a screen shot to show you updates were not working. The graphic was refused as invalid. So I went back to the game and kept trying stuff. I looked at the version content and its changed to back to what I had with the old version of the game: 20130402 3. I changed screens, went back in and waited several minutes to see if it would update. Nope.

I still can't get into the war either. I can play anything else fine.

BigMoney
04-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Are you on Android, Shades7?

Shades7
04-02-2013, 04:21 PM
The newest iPad.

Sunsets
04-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Posted this in the other thread, but I'll leave it here as well to see if anyone can give me some tips:

It's a question for the players who are more experienced with these Collect 10 Events:

I'm having a very difficult time just collecting the Leather Briefcases. Dropped 5 full sets of Energy and I can't even get one. What have you guys found to be the best method to get them to drop? I play primarily PvE, so how should I go about using my energy as effectively as possible to obtain these briefcases?

Should I focus on doing several low end & low energy jobs? Or should I aim to only do a few of the highest energy jobs I possibly can? Is it best to shoot right for the middle with average energy tasks? Is it better to only do map bosses instead for these briefcases? And if so, would lower end or higher end bosses be my better bet?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out

Shades7
04-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Posted this in the other thread, but I'll leave it here as well to see if anyone can give me some tips:

It's a question for the players who are more experienced with these Collect 10 Events:

I'm having a very difficult time just collecting the Leather Briefcases. Dropped 5 full sets of Energy and I can't even get one. What have you guys found to be the best method to get them to drop? I play primarily PvE, so how should I go about using my energy as effectively as possible to obtain these briefcases?

Should I focus on doing several low end & low energy jobs? Or should I aim to only do a few of the highest energy jobs I possibly can? Is it best to shoot right for the middle with average energy tasks? Is it better to only do map bosses instead for these briefcases? And if so, would lower end or higher end bosses be my better bet?

I pick them up on the buildings a lot on the maps. Also the low-level meandering people. I just use average energy. I do well on pvp fights as long as I check their stats and make sure my attack is higher than their defense. You don't get anything from buildings.
That's just me.

sargent rich
04-02-2013, 05:12 PM
add me 123-157-952 i accept instantly

BigMoney
04-02-2013, 05:14 PM

Is there a reason you can't just rob laundromats? I've gotten 20 briefcases just from this.

Also, it seems like the drop rate is different for different tasks each event. I remember in the last event with Experimental Rounds, you couldn't get a case to drop UNLESS you did jobs, at least until a couple days into the event when they fixed it.

cooch
04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=Sunsets;681020]Posted this in the other thread, but I'll leave it here as well to see if anyone can give me some tips:

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out[/QUOTE

PVP is usually best way to get item...

Ghost Recon
04-02-2013, 05:19 PM
add me 123-157-952 i accept instantlyPlease use the mob center (http://www.funzio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?18-Invite-Mafia) (Linked). General discussions is not the right place.