PDA

View Full Version : Another time zone bug? Building raidable 1hr b4 u can collect!!

Apone
03-31-2013, 02:58 PM
I was waiting for my 2 AC to give up their cash and I get a news notice that I've lost 4.6mil, strange as all vaulted up.

I notice on both my ac there is a black bar in the middle like they have been raided but they can't as they have 5min timer on them still.

Wait the timer out and soon as they hit 0 both are already raided for the exact amount I've been hit for 30 mins earlier!!!

I'm uk based.

Gonna be hard to save if u can't collect b4 being raided!

Killer_Elite
03-31-2013, 03:07 PM
All you can do , if you are able, is change your time zone on your settings to New York time, and you will see your buildings, but if they have been raided, nothing you can do.

Rayda
03-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Any sensible / rational / intelligent multiplayer system works on server side information. If you need to send time around you send time around in UTC which is the same everywhere in the world , otherwise it isnt Universal Standard Time. The client agent will then work out what UTC is in local time for Display purposes only.

So not only is there system flawed by having too much client side intelligence / decision making which pretty much dictates that the system will be hackable.

But they also confused to how they can cope with time across timezones.

Its a farce really. The developers are a bunch of monkeys. Its not like its a complicated system either.

Desert fox
03-31-2013, 03:46 PM
I was waiting for my 2 AC to give up their cash and I get a news notice that I've lost 4.6mil, strange as all vaulted up.

I notice on both my ac there is a black bar in the middle like they have been raided but they can't as they have 5min timer on them still.

Wait the timer out and soon as they hit 0 both are already raided for the exact amount I've been hit for 30 mins earlier!!!

I'm uk based.

Gonna be hard to save if u can't collect b4 being raided!
this happened to me last year it was wired i emailed gree & they explained how this happens for me when time change the collection is fixed so others see your money buildings ready but for you you need one hour to collect them . i don't think that gree have solved this problem yet it i guess that you have to change your collection time & expect it to happen next time .

Apone
03-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Seems if I change my time zone to USA the timer displayed is 1hr shorter!! Do when I play modernwarfare I have to to swap zones :-( that will be a bugger with calendar notifications etc. guess its only 6 months till clocks change!!

CJ54
03-31-2013, 11:56 PM
That's THE daylight savings bug that we are still fighting (and it's several steps down from the one we used to have, where all of your buildings went back into "under construction" for several days and you couldn't do anything to them). It will subside before too long though, you won't have to wait six months.

Any sensible / rational / intelligent multiplayer system works on server side information. If you need to send time around you send time around in UTC which is the same everywhere in the world , otherwise it isnt Universal Standard Time. The client agent will then work out what UTC is in local time for Display purposes only.

So not only is there system flawed by having too much client side intelligence / decision making which pretty much dictates that the system will be hackable.

But they also confused to how they can cope with time across timezones.

Its a farce really. The developers are a bunch of monkeys. Its not like its a complicated system either.

First point correct, it was essentially a newb mistake made when the developers were a much, much smaller company just starting out and didn't have enough experience under their belts. If we could go back and do it again (or went completely insane and did a complete re-write of the server-client timer interaction) we'd use industry standard practice.

Second point no (server still checks the actual actions against server time, the client is all display. In some similar cases involving building collection for instance, you can sit there logging out and back in and see your buildings already ready for collection but they won't actually collect when you try to do so. Or rather they will and then the server will take it away).

Last point, for when you get back: reread the forum guidelines and please don't call people monkeys. Thank you.

HGF69
04-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Same issue and will send in a ticket but haven't seen the cash or gold from my last two tickets so time to tell iTunes

marko101
04-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Same, lost my level 2 AMR !!!! Sent ticket

Rayda
04-02-2013, 04:38 PM
i appologies for the derogatory ending paragraph, it should have been better phrased.

i question your response to the second statement given that many of the hacks are client side hacks. The missions hack, skill points hack, are possible by altering client side information. Thats an incredible flaw for multiplayer game.

Disapointlingly also i have seen the gold i lost returned. The problem i think occured because i was playing during the transition. when i started playing that day i got on the server ok in the middle of the war. i was hopping back and forth between multiple devices. then i realised tHe his didnt seem to take , least that was my thought because my health showed 100%. what seemed to happen though is it did an automatic health recharge as eventually it would let me do a hit because i run out of gold. then i just quit the app and got the issue of not being to see the war.