PDA

View Full Version : Huge bug in my game

xFran
03-31-2013, 05:22 AM
I already said something about this in another topic, but maybe starting my own thread will attract people with solutions.

I'm having this problem for about 1.5 months now. Every time I open my game, it takes 10 to 40 minutes to start. Also, every time I go to another hood, or another place, it takes even longer. It's annoying as hell. And I can't participate in boss events, because I can't attack them.

What I've tried:
Sent a ticket to Gree on the 21st of February.
Got a reply on the 7th of March with the question 'are you still having this problem?'
Replied right away with extra explanations and things I've tried to make it work again, so that they could help me faster.
Now it's the 31st of March and still didn't get an answer or solution. Sent another email to customer support 2 days ago, because I wondered if they even got my reply.

Also tried reinstalling the game multiple times of course. And took the advice from someone on this forum to delete all the CS files and then reinstall, but nothing worked. Wifi or 3g, doesn't matter what I use.

Now after such a long time of playing CS like this, it's getting more and more frustrating. Even more because of the boss events and the items I'm missing out on.
Please, does anyone know how to solve this freaking problem?

SOLUTION:
My in game avatar wasn't showing. Don't know why, but by resetting my avatar and saving it, the problem was fixed.

TZora
03-31-2013, 05:43 AM
i can try to help but u should've provided this info: what device r u on? what operating system? android? iOS?
assuming ur on android, here's something u can try. do u have a computer? if yes, install bluestacks (bluestacks.com). transfer the game from your mobile device to bluestacks. when the game is successfully transfered, play it on bluestacks and see if u can play the game without any problems. if yes, its ur device that has some problem. backup ur contacts, messages, etc and factory reset your mobile device. transfer the game back to ur mobile device and then see if the problem is solved :)

xFran
03-31-2013, 05:55 AM
Android Galaxy S2. Transferring won't be necessary, I think? It's really a bug in the game, not on my account. It's just not working with my phone right now. Resetting my phone isn't really an option. Too many games of which I will lose all progress when I factory reset it.
But to keep it as an option, for if nothing else works, does a factory reset delete your game progress for CS, so that I have to get my account back and stuff?
And for some extra info: the game stopped working without me doing something weird on my phone. Just got on in the evening, nothing wrong with the game, tried to get on the game the next morning and it stopped working. So I really don't know what could have happened that night. Maybe a CS update...

TZora
03-31-2013, 06:04 AM
how much is the RAM on galaxy S2? since u mentioned there r loads of games on the phone, i suspect the memory is getting stuffed up. if u didn't know, "any" gree game takes a hell lot of memory (not talking about the storage, RAM is different than storage). use the FMR memory cleaner. download it from google play and install it. then run the FMR memory cleaner, clean the memory. then try playing crimecity right after cleaning. nothing is going to get deleted, don't worry. if while playing crimecity, there is less than 200 MB of memory free, the game will act weird. it just needs to have more than 200 MB memory free. once again, i'm not talking about the storage .. i'm talking about RAM. when i run the FMR cleaner, my free memory shows up 450 MB and then i can play crimecity without any problems. and, i have ONLY this game on my phone, none other games. i have a sony xperia s that has 1 GB RAM. hope this info helps ..

TZora
03-31-2013, 06:12 AM
i just checked the s2 has 1 GB RAM .. i think ur gameplay is affected cuz of these 3 reasons (could be either of them) ..

1. Internet connection - if ur internet connection is poor, communication with the server will be poor and hence, the gameplay will be affected.
2. Too many applications - if u have too many applications/games on ur phone, the RAM is stuffed up and there isn't too much free RAM available to process data.
3. There's really some problem with ur account on gree server (i really don't think this is the problem in ur case but who knows).

try to remove some apps/games that u can re-install later on .. see if that helps

xFran
03-31-2013, 06:28 AM
Thanks for all your help.
Tried the Fmr cleaner, checked my ram and it says that I'm using 371 of the 831 available. So that can't be the problem right? The game still isn't working btw.
My Internet connection is also good.. I think? Do you know a way to check that?

TZora
03-31-2013, 06:50 AM
i would still suggest u to try transferring the game on bluestacks and see if u experience the same problem while playing on bluestacks .. if not, then u know it is ur device. if u still experience the same problem on bluestacks, then it is the gree server acting up on u.

Iqbal
03-31-2013, 06:56 AM
on your galaxy s2 go to task manager and clear you (Random Access Memory) RAM Then Wait a Few Seconds And Go To Crime City Should Work Perfectly.

xFran
03-31-2013, 12:51 PM
Oké, Tzora. I'm going to try and transfer now. I'll let you know how it worked out. When I transfered, I'll also reset my phone I think. Made a back-up, so I hope I won't lose anything.

Dipstik
03-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Buy an iPad!

xFran
03-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Ok... Lol, the bug is apparently in my account. Bluestacks now takes 20 minutes to start. Does anyone have a fix for this one?

Dipstik
03-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Buy an iPad!

QUoted for truth!

Ghost Recon
03-31-2013, 01:16 PM
Ok... Lol, the bug is apparently in my account. Bluestacks now takes 20 minutes to start. Does anyone have a fix for this one?I get this too sometimes. Try running it as an administrator. Also, when it takes for than 10 seconds to load, close it completely (Using the icon exit button) and open it again. Almost always works.

xFran
03-31-2013, 01:21 PM
I get this too sometimes. Try running it as an administrator. Also, when it takes for than 10 seconds to load, close it completely (Using the icon exit button) and open it again. Almost always works.
Sorry, not the bluestacks itself, but the application Crime City takes this long to load. It did before on my phone, now it does on bluestacks. So the problem is inside of my account I guess. Do you know what the problem may be?

(CCK) Cam
03-31-2013, 01:23 PM
I get this too sometimes. Try running it as an administrator. Also, when it takes for than 10 seconds to load, close it completely (Using the icon exit button) and open it again. Almost always works.Do wat this guy says

Ghost Recon
03-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Sorry, not the bluestacks itself, but the application Crime City takes this long to load. It did before on my phone, now it does on bluestacks. So the problem is inside of my account I guess. Do you know what the problem may be?Oh, I see what you mean. Are you using the latest update of both Crime City and BlueStacks? My copy is (beta-1).

xFran
03-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Oh, I see what you mean. Are you using the latest update of both Crime City and BlueStacks? My copy is (beta-1).
Yes, last updates of both. So it's a problem in my account. But I really don't know how to fix that... And I don't know what the problem is.

More info: In game you can't see my avatar. I can't, but also people robbing me or whatever can't see me.

sister morphine
03-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Buy an iPad!
A huge swatter would seem more appropriate

Dipstik
03-31-2013, 02:08 PM
A huge swatter would seem more appropriate

Sounds Kinky.

kimberleyj
03-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Buy an iPad!

why an ipad?. i have problems getting on the game 90 per cent of the time for nearly a month now, the first answer i got 5 days later was sorry the game was down during their update, sent another they said they fixed it which they didn't so i sent another they said they had fixed it now. i sent a another ticket 7 days ago. seen as i am having these problems on my ipad , i don't see what is so great about playing crime city on it.

xFran
04-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Thanks for all the scheiß about iPads, and my game is working again. Resetting my game avatar was the answer all along.

Dipstik
04-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Thanks for all the scheiß about iPads, and my game is working again. Resetting my game avatar was the answer all along.

Watch the language, mein freund.