PDA

View Full Version : European Daylight Saving and War Gone

Vegaman
03-31-2013, 01:43 AM
Hi CJ and GREE.
Been playing on my UK iPad and iphone 5 no problem, but since the clocks went forward 1 hour all my money building units are showing 00.00 for time till next payout in my base.
The China War has gone to Progress on each event and a continuous green bar at the bottom of the globe icon.
The clock in the war game showing days/hours left is blank.

I can see my faction of which I am leader, and the USA guys are still fighting etc.

It looks like a daylight saving issue??

Luckily I've only spent 1 vault and 1 truck load of gold.

I guess as its Easter Sunday you won't get this for a day or two. Very unfair if half the players can't fight ??

Staffyman
03-31-2013, 01:46 AM
Me as well

Dutchie
03-31-2013, 01:46 AM
Same glitch too! Game is fooked. I am also in the UK and now cannot partipcate in the WD Event as the world icon has ALL the events in PROGRESS. All my buildings have 00:00:00 collection times. Another daylight saving fook up. Where is my gold?

Awgeorge
03-31-2013, 01:47 AM
Can confirm that I am having the same troubles. Exactly how vegaman described.

Paulss99
03-31-2013, 01:48 AM
Same problem here, I cannot collect from buildings, all my energy has gone and cannot access the war! Also lost some gold!

Killer_Elite
03-31-2013, 01:49 AM
Same here. Add in health not increased since about 2 in morning, nor has stamina, all. Buildings showing 0.00 and no money to collect and also no war option. Small faction. I am in had managed to get into top 1000, but guess, since we have lost 7 hours or so, that will have changed. What a shambles. Have spent fair amount of gold to get 3 man faction as far up as we can, and to be honest everyone getting 50 gold will not compensate for this, as we have used 5 vaults of gold between us so far. (just checked and KA is the same).

Modern Warrior
03-31-2013, 01:49 AM
Same problem here too...

Killer_Elite
03-31-2013, 01:50 AM
Just checked phone and android is working, but iPad and iPod are not. What a surprise that moving clocks forward would cause problem.

Rayda
03-31-2013, 01:55 AM
I put my Phone from Automatic Set time to Manual. Set it New York and game seems to be working ok again. Gold however is still gone. Didnt have an issue with money.

Also the War is showing again.

Dutchie
03-31-2013, 01:56 AM
This seems to be UK specific after asking members in my faction.

Killer_Elite
03-31-2013, 01:58 AM
Changed setting to New York on iPad and everything working. Guess that is what you need to do.

Rayda
03-31-2013, 01:58 AM
*** On iPhones / iPads - Instructions:

In "General->Date Time" set:

- Set Automatically "OFF"
- Set Timezone to "New York"

Time should show around 4:57 (its 9:57 in UK)

This did NOT return the gold I lost while attacking.

Dhusagar
03-31-2013, 01:59 AM
Same issue on all 4 games :-(

Blackbird-X2
03-31-2013, 02:11 AM
Same here. Fiday I couldn't log in for 4 hours due to gree server issue. Today I've been put on hold. This isn't to first time Gree have fallen down on daylight saving. It's completely ruined this event for me and wasted the gold I've bought. I want a refund for the gold I've bought since Friday.

iPad IOS6 UK based. Name: jj ID: 208 689 417

Loudlychilled
03-31-2013, 02:15 AM
... Having been playing for last month it seems, in preparation for 'the main event', pumping money in to buy gems, upping my stats as best I can, seems pretty bad that developers didn't anticipate UK clocks going forward ...

Everson25
03-31-2013, 02:24 AM
I'm really furious and I will be one of players from UK sending a ticket to report problem and demand my gold back, 2 vaults. I know it's not much but I lost them because of the incompetence of Gree.

Blackbird-X2
03-31-2013, 02:29 AM
Game is now back, but I can't declare war. What is going on???

simpleman
03-31-2013, 02:31 AM
You could just sit there b*tching and feeling sorry for yourselves or you can help out you faction and get back in the game.

There's a fix people!!! http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?50116-Daylight-Savings-Fix

MadManDK
03-31-2013, 02:42 AM
It's all of Europe, changing to New York did it for me. Thanks.

Update: It's the time zone that matters, you can set the clock to your own time.

Blackbird-X2
03-31-2013, 02:43 AM
You could just sit there b*tching and feeling sorry for yourselves or you can help out you faction and get back in the game.

There's a fix people!!! http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?50116-Daylight-Savings-Fix

I am back in the game but that doesn't solve not being able to declare war. It's not b*tching, it's Gree's ineptitude technically and their levels of customer service.

groovdog
03-31-2013, 02:47 AM
Put your panties back on guys its only an hr, all the bugs have resolved for me across all Gree games. Happened at exactly 10gmt as you would expect (8 hrs different from 2am PST like most of the bugs here, WoW, etc etc etc).

Ghurka
03-31-2013, 03:01 AM
As explained before, no battle interface, no regen, all clocks stopped.
Nice touch from Gree is: we can follow ongoing battles on the in-App forum and read how our mates are being slaughtered (or live victory).
Am enjoying this kind of gaming more and more every day Gree !!!
What's your next surprise ? Negative regen, lead instead of gold, ... ?

Happy Easter everybody!

Oh yeah, the "fix" mentioned above did get my clocks back ticking, but no access to the ongoing battle yet!

Kot
03-31-2013, 03:05 AM
I think GREE should offer compensation to all European players (definitely UK players) affected by the timezone glitch!
At least 50 gold for the trouble we have have encountered!
50?
Make it 30k for me

Stinno
03-31-2013, 03:08 AM
Same here, also as leader cannot do anything, this needs to be sorted now

Killer_Elite
03-31-2013, 03:23 AM
While moving time zones is quick fix, it has not sorted problem of building output. If I look at rigs, they can be raided in about 12 hours, but in UK time, I can't collect for 13.5 hours. Same happens every time change, you get raided by US players, and you can't do anything unless you sit changing settings all the time. Think we got 200 odd unit as comp last year.

Ghurka
03-31-2013, 03:34 AM
While moving time zones is quick fix, it has not sorted problem of building output. If I look at rigs, they can be raided in about 12 hours, but in UK time, I can't collect for 13.5 hours. Same happens every time change, you get raided by US players, and you can't do anything unless you sit changing settings all the time. Think we got 200 odd unit as comp last year.

You actually mean that they had the same problems last year ?
I really can't believe this!
Bunch of amateurs

Philly982
03-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Interesting. During Egypt I believed they disconnected the servers for a matter of hours during the US daylight savings time change. It caused an outrage on the forum, but I would rather have the inconvenience than a disadvantage for only a few. Wonder why they would not do the same, or better yet perhaps they should not schedule these events during the various time changes throughout the world. I am in US and not affected, but it is not fair that I am not affected when you guys and gals are and even more, it does not seem that the player should have to be responsible for having to fix the game. Think of the many players that are not on this forum, they probably have no idea about changing their time zone settings.

Col Matt
03-31-2013, 07:33 AM
Same issue!

CJ54
03-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Interesting. During Egypt I believed they disconnected the servers for a matter of hours during the US daylight savings time change. It caused an outrage on the forum, but I would rather have the inconvenience than a disadvantage for only a few. Wonder why they would not do the same, or better yet perhaps they should not schedule these events during the various time changes throughout the world. I am in US and not affected, but it is not fair that I am not affected when you guys and gals are and even more, it does not seem that the player should have to be responsible for having to fix the game. Think of the many players that are not on this forum, they probably have no idea about changing their time zone settings.

That wouldn't have affected this one given the way it works, but we did put some stuff in place so the effects would be lighter. We're still looking for a good way to rectify this recurrent issue permanently; the problem's intrinsic to the original server design and we'd essentially have to re-write half the game engine (which would cause all sorts of fun, unexpected stuff to happen).

In the meantime, setting your device time to one of the Pacific/Central/Eastern timezones should mitigate most of the effects for people seeing them. We'll get the building issue solved as soon as possible.

Rayda
03-31-2013, 12:10 PM
What about the gold lost? I was attacking and it didnt look it was registering but was using an AUTO HEALTH RECHARGE!!!

Also some players (not me) thought they were speeding up build times with 1 gold but it took hundreds?

Durt McGurt
03-31-2013, 12:23 PM
That wouldn't have affected this one given the way it works, but we did put some stuff in place so the effects would be lighter. We're still looking for a good way to rectify this recurrent issue permanently; the problem's intrinsic to the original server design and we'd essentially have to re-write half the game engine (which would cause all sorts of fun, unexpected stuff to happen).

In the meantime, setting your device time to one of the Pacific/Central/Eastern timezones should mitigate most of the effects for people seeing them. We'll get the building issue solved as soon as possible.

May I suggest not scheduling major events over these sort of times, as well as holidays. I think that might work.

CJ54
03-31-2013, 01:04 PM
What about the gold lost? I was attacking and it didnt look it was registering but was using an AUTO HEALTH RECHARGE!!!

Also some players (not me) thought they were speeding up build times with 1 gold but it took hundreds?

That's a new one to me outside forum reports this time around, but Support will have to check it against peoples' in-game records.