PDA

View Full Version : New Chance Chest

BilboSwaggins
03-29-2013, 01:21 PM
As of the update there has been a new chance chest added to the already existing two, as well as an update to all three of the chest's mechanics.

The Chest addition is the Dark Prince's Chest, which is guaranteed to yield an armors set that is a Rare tier (two gold stars) or above on the newly implemented rarity scale. Interestingly enough, the Dark Prince's Chance Chest apparently now has a chance to drop a set of the current Boss set, as well as the respective Nemesis set. The "old", normal Enchanted Chest will still give high-level materials, potions, fusion stones, gems, and Uncommon and Rare armor sets based upon the new armor rarity scale.

The basic silver chance chest still costs 5 gems to open (or with a key). The Enchanted Chance Chests costs 10 gems to open (or with an Enchanted Key). The Dark Prince's Chance Chest costs 20 gems to open.

What remains unknown is if the Dark Prince's Chance Chest can be opened with the Enchanted keys that previously opened the Enchanted Chance Chest. I presume not, but could someone confirm this?

The new mechanic implemented is that if one spends enough gems to open 10 chests one-by-one (50 gems, 100 gems, and 200 gems respectively), then they will get an 11th chest opening for free (50 gems, 100 gems, or 200 gems for 11 openings respectively).

I think we all now see why the Boss rewards were changed during this boss. Enchanted Chance Chest keys aren't as useful as they used to be. This is probably quite a bummer to those people who were hoarding Enchanted keys pre-update.

What do you think?

Timothy13
03-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Where did this get confirmed?

DreamM0d3
03-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Its in the new update that was released on 29th March.

Just asking, are there any other ways to open the Dark Prince's chests besides spending 20 gems?

Timothy13
03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Update isn't available for me yet in the appstore :(

Timothy13
03-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Nevermind lol <3

joepohlkamp
03-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Honestly, I think this update is garbage. I twice tried it out the buy 10 get 1 free and the results that you get from the Dark Prince's enchanted chest are laughable. I got the nemisis armors and everything else was Super Rare (fancy word for terrible armor) and below. No level 70 armors, a ton of snakeskins.... Not crying over spoiled milk, but the thing that upsets me is that there no longer an option to "retry" for a discount. Not a big fan.

Catastr0phy
03-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Anyone tried them new chests yet? *crosses fingers* Hope they do give materials too..
nvm, they don't xD

AND BAH hate them for taking out the discount retry option!

Newbish
03-29-2013, 02:29 PM
The new chests looks like gree is just getting money hungry now. But I bought 2 and got chimera and wave charmer mantle + since you can get the+ versions it maybe worth it
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o742/newbish/aa22f82fc58bbe1de1107f6404c252dc_zps33cdc14b.jpg

Catastr0phy
03-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Atleast the silver key dropped by bosses, doesnt open it:)

discopalace123
03-29-2013, 02:59 PM
I hate it too.. But didn't they already take away the chance retry? I thought it was a previous update.

zhy
03-29-2013, 03:49 PM
wait...so no more nemesis from gold chest?

Newbish
03-29-2013, 03:54 PM
wait...so no more nemesis from gold chest?

Nope looks like there only from the 20 gem chest now

Deluxey
03-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Nope it doesnt says so, there now are pictures of the armor which u can get and nemesis and more 4gold star armor sets are only obtainable by Dark Prince's chest

BileJAR
03-29-2013, 04:07 PM
It's cool that they added a new chest and have been updating the game recently, but really? Add another chest, make it cost more, move the items that were previously available in the Enchanted Chance chests and make them only in the Dark Prince chests?
I thought 10 gems was enough. Gah, another game gone Money hungry. Thought this game woulda been different.

zhy
03-29-2013, 04:07 PM
-.- i better had used the gold keys i earned in this boss event b4 update...well gree, u could at least give us 1 or 2 black keys at earlier stages than 60...

edit : btw i wonder if there are +version "super rare" armors that are better than the current ones in their respective dualelements?

Deluxey
03-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Just a litle comment on the chance option to repick a chest, there still is 1 i think. It appears at the bottom of your screen when you just opened a chest for like 3 seconds or something. Couldn't try it though cause i'n out of keys

Catastr0phy
03-29-2013, 04:22 PM
was gonna spend some money again to get + versions of dragon tamer/ kaleido/ exo armors. this updat just makes me keep my money in my pocket... :) both angry and happy they updated i guess:P

Catastr0phy
03-29-2013, 04:26 PM
The new chests looks like gree is just getting money hungry now. But I bought 2 and got chimera and wave charmer mantle + since you can get the+ versions it maybe worth it
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o742/newbish/aa22f82fc58bbe1de1107f6404c252dc_zps33cdc14b.jpg

Just wondering... once u unlocked the + version of the armor, u can get it? or it just randomly is or isn't a + version?

discopalace123
03-29-2013, 05:12 PM

Oh interesting. At least u can get + versions of uncraftable armor! But yeah - the price just doubled, heh.

I like armor and all, but it seems u don't need that much to progress far in the game. Not sure what to do besides repeatedly farming snakeskin all day. Zzzz....

Newbish
03-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Just wondering... once u unlocked the + version of the armor, u can get it? or it just randomly is or isn't a + version?

It's just random you either get the normal or the + version but I also got the + version of the molten shroud which i thoughtbcouldnt be crafted, but figured I use my last 20 to try and get a legendary

Catastr0phy
03-29-2013, 05:39 PM
It's just random you either get the normal or the + version but I also got the + version of the molten shroud which i thoughtbcouldnt be crafted, but figured I use my last 20 to try and get a legendary
Aight thanks. I wonder if skyguardian + pops out then too..

yyace
03-29-2013, 05:47 PM
anyone getting more fusion stones from silver keys? opened up 7 and got 1,1, and 3 ( which I didn't know was possible)

Catastr0phy
03-29-2013, 05:51 PM
anyone getting more fusion stones from silver keys? opened up 7 and got 1,1, and 3 ( which I didn't know was possible)

Yep, they r in it

yyace
03-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Yep, they r in it

yea I knew they were there before but I never could seem to win any lol let alone 3 in one chest. Maybe I'm just making up for not getting any before :)

zhy
03-29-2013, 06:46 PM
mmmmmmm now my biggest doubt is...can we have storm sorcerer+ n sky guardian+ from black chest?
just wanna know if i should keep enhancing the normal version

Chris_$
03-29-2013, 07:08 PM
mmmmmmm now my biggest doubt is...can we have storm sorcerer+ n sky guardian+ from black chest?
just wanna know if i should keep enhancing the normal version

Arg I got mine to 70 already :/

Samuel_Hdz
03-29-2013, 07:35 PM
I hate it too.. But didn't they already take away the chance retry? I thought it was a previous update.

No they kept it, but it's gone now apparently.
Friggin' money hungry Gree!!

zhy
03-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Arg I got mine to 70 already :/

thats y i enhanced em till 20 only :P in case they would have released the + version :P but maybe they didnt yet :P

Samuel_Hdz
03-29-2013, 08:00 PM
This game keeps getting worse and worse..the only positive thing was the restyling of the raid bosses. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

That is all

DreamM0d3
03-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Quite a turn of events I must say... Everyone rushed to get their Nemesis robes just to reap the seemingly great rewards from Hydromancer only to find that enchanted chests got nerfed in the new update.

Samuel_Hdz
03-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Quite a turn of events I must say... Everyone rushed to get their Nemesis robes just to reap the seemingly great rewards from Hydromancer only to find that enchanted chests got nerfed in the new update.

I knew it was too good to be true lol
Life is never that kind haha

zhy
03-29-2013, 08:50 PM
well if u have a little of luck its also possible doing bosses for free, i think i should be able (i hope so lol) to kill boss 60 with 5 knights (3 nemesis totally), if i can get next nemesis with those 5 black keys i should win then im ok :P, well also the one after n so on :P

edit : btw how many gems do we have to pay to change reward for black chest? 8?

DreamM0d3
03-29-2013, 09:03 PM
well if u have a little of luck its also possible doing bosses for free, i think i should be able (i hope so lol) to kill boss 60 with 5 knights (3 nemesis totally), if i can get next nemesis with those 5 black keys i should win then im ok :P, well also the one after n so on :P

Hmm how do black keys look like? I noticed that the colour of the keys in Hydromancer's rewards have been given a slightly red hue. Therefore I am not certain if they buffed the rewards. Given that the cost to change is usually 40% of the cost to open the chest, it'll probably cost 8 to retry.

edit: I guess its still the same. Just saw the 5 black keys as the last reward.

Newbish
03-29-2013, 09:10 PM

You can not change what you get out of the chest now your stuck with what ever you get.

RevzZ
03-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Eh. Last chest doesn't seem to give out these "super-rare" armors as often as one might hope. Still...that could change! I'm liking the idea of being able to get + versions from them now. As far as I know, it didn't happen before.

Samuel_Hdz
03-29-2013, 09:38 PM
You can not change what you get out of the chest now your stuck with what ever you get.

Right, and you don't even get to choose between 3 chests. You get what you get

VKL
03-29-2013, 11:54 PM
I think the enchanted chest is still the same as before and nothing have changed. It main purpose was to get material for things like starmetal and to get nemesis.
Regarding nemesis, today I got some gem from the silver chest. I remember have not ever got gem from it before and clearly gem is not listed (in-game) as a possible reward from silver chest. So nemesis is not listed in the enchanted chest does not necessarily mean that you can't get it from there. This however need to be confirmed by others. I'm not a gem user so I can't test it.
However if they really take away nemesis armor from enchanted chest then they really f*ck it up pretty hard. I think I'll probably quit :p this game suck my battery hard :p

VKL
03-30-2013, 12:00 AM
Right, and you don't even get to choose between 3 chests. You get what you get
The main problem is that we can't reopen the chest for a discounted price now. Not be able to choose between 3 is not a problem because remember that it's all random. Heck, it was even possible that before the update, result of each 3 chests was only determined at the moment you open one of them, not beforehand.

Catastr0phy
03-30-2013, 03:37 AM
opened 33 just now, nothing above super rare. if anyone feels like making a % thingy out of chests it might help. im done with chests now tho, since the gold chests r ffed up now too.

Deluxey
03-30-2013, 03:38 AM
VKL is right about the chance to get stuff from chests which are not listed, althoug nemesis is listed at dark lord's chest so i doubt that it's in enchanced and dark lord.

Catastr0phy
03-30-2013, 04:36 AM
if this was a sports game, Gree had to be substituded for a chest injury >.<

RevzZ
03-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Well....their challenge now is to find that balance between fair (good percentages for certain armors) and not-fair (leaning to one side or another). Fingers crossed they might fix it up soon.

zhy
03-30-2013, 06:42 AM
mmm cant choose again then :P so i have to hope to get a nemesis with those 5 black keys, catastrophy how many nemesis did u get from 33 chests?

starkthunder
03-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Nemesis armor is classed wrong if it is in the dark prince chest. Dark prince is guaranteed rare or above, and nemesis is listed as uncommon.

The only problem I have with the new chest is moving the nemesis to it.

Catastr0phy
03-30-2013, 10:27 AM
mmm cant choose again then :P so i have to hope to get a nemesis with those 5 black keys, catastrophy how many nemesis did u get from 33 chests?

hmm got just 1, but forgot if it was in dark prince or the other one, opened 22 of the other one too..

Chris_$
03-30-2013, 04:03 PM
I think it Is a slap in the face gree getting money hungry nemesis needs to be in gold chest utter bullshlt
Well hope I hit 60 and can open it with one of the first keys or I hope the nemesis is in both gold and dark

Newbish
03-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Gree just added 20%more to gem purchase wonder how many ppl they are going to suck into buying them.

DreamM0d3
03-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Gree just added 20%more to gem purchase wonder how many ppl they are going to suck into buying them.

Hmm it still looks kinda iffy to me since I have been hearing of cases recently where people spend money and lose their armors due to some bugs and all. Personally, I wouldnt be so quick to jump up the bandwagon.