PDA

View Full Version : Oh god, android is broken.

ohgreatitsryan
03-29-2013, 12:14 AM
So, once again I come to you, the forum, with some unsettling news.

Tonight, as we sit on the eve of the sure to be epic battle, fought between the forces of the Easter Bunny and the undead army of Zombie Jesus, for control of China, GREE has given we few, we proud, we beaten and bruised Android users yet another gift!

Praise be to you Almighty GREE!

Thank you for this, most beautiful of gifts, a crash for every attempt at opening the game.

A great way to silence the grating noise of tickets.

What happened?

Were we bad?

Is it because we didn't spend enough gold?

I promise! We can spend more!

Give us a chance.

tl;dr I don't know why, but MW keeps crashing on every attempt to open. I found this out by restarting to try and get my scratcher.

edit:It seems this gift appeared with the 20% off sale.
Gree, please stop sending me these mixed messages.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Try this secret remedy:Chant the following "GREE IS GOOD" three times, while facing south.

Reboot the offending Android device.

Upon completion of the reboot: Chant the following "GREE IS GOOD" three times, while facing north.Locate the MW icon, log onto the game.

If that fails, put your left shoe on your right foot, and your right shoe on your left foot.

Chant the following "GREE IS GOOD" SIX times, while facing northwest.

Chant the following "GREE IS GOOD" SIX times, while facing southwest.

Before tapping the MW icon, say, MODERN WAR IS MY LIFE.

If that fails, I'll provide a secret way to overcome this problem.

But, make sure you don't try the special, last resort technique without an empty toilet paper roll in your left hand, a RED gag ball in your mouth, and an eye patch over your right eye.

MadFox
03-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Try this secret remedy:Chant the following "GREE IS GOOD" three times, while facing south.

Upon completion of the reboot: Chant the following "GREE IS GOOD" three times, while facing north.Locate the MW icon, log onto the game.

If that fails, put your left shoe on your right foot, and your right shoe on your left foot.

Chant the following "GREE IS GOOD" SIX times, while facing northwest.

Chant the following "GREE IS GOOD" SIX times, while facing southwest.

Before tapping the MW icon, say, MODERN WAR IS MY LIFE.

If that fails, I'll provide a secret way to overcome this problem.

But, make sure you don't try the special, last resort technique without an empty toilet paper roll in your left hand, a RED gag ball in your mouth, and an eye patch over your right eye.

Lol....lmao...

But PJ, you missed one thing!

BEFORE tapping the MW icon you MUST shake the phone. And while shaking the phone you have to make a 360° turn left...
It won't work without it!

ohgreatitsryan
03-29-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm honestly starting to believe there is some black magic required for android users to make the app function correctly.

Skyser30518
03-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Delete the app and reinstall.

ohgreatitsryan
03-29-2013, 12:48 AM
Delete the app and reinstall.

Oh, you poor, sweet naive boy. You thought it would be that simple? You must be an iOS user....

What?
03-29-2013, 01:17 AM
I aGREE sometimes the game is unplayable on android. This scavenger hunt event is the worst on android as sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes to visit an opponents base. Which usually results in me exiting the game and trying again. I got the 20% health and stopped, but it took me way longer than my iPad and the buildings were a lot more plentiful @ lvl 46 than lvl 203. In Grees defense though android is a more diverse platform. Apple has a few devices to write software for while android has probably hundreds all using different hardware and processors. I'm sure some phones may have issues another phone doesn't have and vice versa. Most of the iOS issues are universal when someone reports it I experience the same thing, but when someone reports an android issue I may or may not be experiencing the same thing or as frequently.

ohgreatitsryan
03-29-2013, 01:26 AM
The Galaxy S series makes up a fairly comparable amount of the market share when compared to the numbers for the iPhone, why is that my android device that's always broken? That's the part that bugs me.

Fatherllama
03-29-2013, 02:07 AM
I'm actually not having issues this time. I got my scratcher without any issues and I just exited, force stopped and started it again and it works fine. Oddly enough, I'm having fewer issues with MW than CC right at the moment.

HTC MyTouch 4G Slide, by the way.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Lol....lmao...But PJ, you missed one thing!BEFORE tapping the MW icon you MUST shake the phone. And while shaking the phone you have to make a 360° turn left...It won't work without it!So much to remember, yes, the device must first be shaken, not stirred.

Dutchie
03-29-2013, 02:19 AM
I'm doing it, but I think I'm doing it wrong... It's not working!

I'm gonna throw away this iPhone of mine and get myself an Android... Yeah maybe that will do the trick!

Fatherllama
03-29-2013, 02:33 AM
So, once again I come to you, the forum, with some unsettling news.

Tonight, as we sit on the eve of the sure to be epic battle, fought between the forces of the Easter Bunny and the undead army of Zombie Jesus, for control of China, GREE has given we few, we proud, we beaten and bruised Android users yet another gift!

Praise be to you Almighty GREE!

Thank you for this, most beautiful of gifts, a crash for every attempt at opening the game.

A great way to silence the grating noise of tickets.

What happened?

Were we bad?

Is it because we didn't spend enough gold?

I promise! We can spend more!

Give us a chance.

tl;dr I don't know why, but MW keeps crashing on every attempt to open. I found this out by restarting to try and get my scratcher.

edit:It seems this gift appeared with the 20% off sale.
Gree, please stop sending me these mixed messages.

Interesting note, I tried to visit you in-game and it popped up an error that said "COULD NOT LOAD AREA GINGER'S BASE," so I'm fairly confident you just actually don't exist right now.

NakedCherryPie
03-29-2013, 04:20 AM
Delete the app and reinstall.Just delete the app. No need to reinstall.

Chuck Nuts
03-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Free Scratcher -> Crash -> Reboot
Breakfast with my wife and kids -> Success!
Delete & Reinstall -> Wait -> Free Scratcher -> Crash
Find a happy place -> Success!
Free Scratcher -> Crash -> Happy place harder to find now.

Attempt newly recommended Android fix.... woefully short on ball-gag supplies....
Makeshift red bocce ball and duct tape attempt -> unsuccessful -> now need to schedule appointment with oral surgeon

Now testing Cherrie Pie's recommendation -> game deleted -> Working perfectly so-far!!!

Can someone please collect my buildings for me until Gree can fix this?

CJ54
03-29-2013, 11:17 AM
Guys, please stop talking about ball gags (especially in a thread reporting a pretty serious problem I'd like to get back to you all on). Ryan and Chuck, we're letting the droid developers know and checking the queues for other reports.

grblade
03-29-2013, 11:38 AM
I've been trying to connect to MW on my iPhone for the last hour and it says "cannot connect to server". I've never had it go down for so long. Anyone else?

ohgreatitsryan
03-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Thanks CJ! It's magically worked itself out for me now. I think its because I only slept with windows open that were facing East last night.

ohgreatitsryan
03-30-2013, 01:52 PM
It turns out my magic only fixed it temporarily, the insta-crashing upon start up have begun anew.

ohgreatitsryan
03-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Interesting note, I tried to visit you in-game and it popped up an error that said "COULD NOT LOAD AREA GINGER'S BASE," so I'm fairly confident you just actually don't exist right now.
I just saw this, which upsets me, but yes. You're correct in thinking that sometimes I cease to exist.

atretes1
03-30-2013, 01:58 PM
CJ54 what about the android boosted stats showing the wrong numbers when is that going to be fixed?