PDA

View Full Version : Non-Defensive Buildings

cook976
03-28-2013, 01:48 PM
do non-defensive buildings give you any defense? seems like a strange question, but the toolkit makes it look like they do and when i try and calculate my defensive stats i come up very short. I am including all boosts already.

LagBolt
03-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes, thats one of the faction bonuses, gives you an increase to building defense. Every building gives you a small increase to your stats, an increases with each upgrade to that building

Meta Rage Trollbot
03-28-2013, 02:05 PM
My ULP has a TON of defense buildings (also EMPs and Drone Facilities) with over-lapping fields of defense, but after 2 years I still can't tell if they make more than a minimal difference when I am raided. Many aren't boosted very high so I may just be crying here, but like skill points for att/def, I'm not quite sure if they help more than nominally. I opted not to buy many for the LLP and he's hardly ever been raided successfully. I almost think it is better to hide the buildings behind AMRs and ACs than wast the in-game-cash on expanding to fit the defensive buildings.

The defense on buildings themselves seems to help more.

Zachio
03-28-2013, 02:06 PM
If you are on an iPhone download Modern War Toolkit app, it list building defense stats along with increase from upgrades.

BigD@wg
03-28-2013, 02:31 PM
As I understand it, every building has its own internal defense. The higher the internal defense the less likely it is for a rival to be able to raid it. For example the nanos have a higher internal defense than a supply depot and therefore should be able to fend off raids more successfully. However, in the grand scheme of things these internal defenses seem to add very little protection against raids. Overall defense stats compared to rivals attack plays a much bigger role.

It's all a dream
03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Each building has some defense of its own. The higher it is upgraded the higher it is,