PDA

View Full Version : Defense stats

(CCK) Cam
03-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Why is someone with stats on their assets page not the same as the robbery defense? Also, why can someone with half of my attack win against me? He doesn't have enough defense bonus points either. Then if I lose, I can't rob him or attack him anymore. Is this a glitch?

Lonestoner
03-28-2013, 07:37 PM
All these are resulting punishment implemented to your account for necroing old threads. You'll just have to deal with it for now, and not attack or rob anyone until you're fully regretful of your actions.

Grimmy11
03-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Oh no its the forum police.....

Butt Futter
03-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Oh no its the forum police.....

What do you know about policing? You blatantly allow hackers and cheats into your syndicate.

mperus
03-29-2013, 03:50 AM
also, why are my profile def/att stats different than ones i see in my goals?

this way i get countless messages i've completed a goal, respect goes up and then down, again and again.

(CCK) Cam
03-29-2013, 07:42 AM
All these are resulting punishment implemented to your account for necroing old threads. You'll just have to deal with it for now, and not attack or rob anyone until you're fully regretful of your actions.Seriously. Sure

chicksdiggit
03-29-2013, 12:00 PM
I've actually wondered the same thing. The CC police may crucify me as a noob, but a forum search for the answer to this question wasn't helpful.

I recently lost a battle where my opponent had 5515 less defense than I had attack, and 210 less equipment than me.

Coldjoey
03-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Why is someone with stats on their assets page not the same as the robbery defense? Also, why can someone with half of my attack win against me? He doesn't have enough defense bonus points either. Then if I lose, I can't rob him or attack him anymore. Is this a glitch?its called Kama. Had one of your people do the same to me, red green red green for 1.5 million. And no IPH to rob back.

gambet1234
03-29-2013, 01:10 PM
also, why are my profile def/att stats different than ones i see in my goals?

this way i get countless messages i've completed a goal, respect goes up and then down, again and again.

They fixed this Android only problem many updates ago. It used to list your atk and def as if you were able to use all 2375mafia members. It would clear the def stat goal, give you the bonus, and then take it away again. The goal would finally complete when your 500 mafia that you were actually using got you up to that stat. Upgrade.

gambet1234
03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Why is someone with stats on their assets page not the same as the robbery defense? Also, why can someone with half of my attack win against me? He doesn't have enough defense bonus points either. Then if I lose, I can't rob him or attack him anymore. Is this a glitch?

There is a lot of variation in win/lose chances. Rarely I'll win an attack against someone with 78k def vs my 52k atk. Your rival was getting attacked or robbed, too. If someone gets hit too many times they can't be attacked or robbed for 2 hours. A guy who was moving up levels with me used to attack me and (win/lose, didn't matter) and rob puny buildings until I was safe from robberies for 2 hours. I would do the same to him. It kept people from robbing our nice buildings! Pair up and use it to your advantage.

jobadass
03-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Why is someone with stats on their assets page not the same as the robbery defense? Also, why can someone with half of my attack win against me? He doesn't have enough defense bonus points either. Then if I lose, I can't rob him or attack him anymore. Is this a glitch?yes....it's all a glitch.....sleep it off....you're welcome...

bald zeemer
03-29-2013, 07:26 PM
There is a lot of variation in win/lose chances. Rarely I'll win an attack against someone with 78k def vs my 52k atk. Your rival was getting attacked or robbed, too. If someone gets hit too many times they can't be attacked or robbed for 2 hours. A guy who was moving up levels with me used to attack me and (win/lose, didn't matter) and rob puny buildings until I was safe from robberies for 2 hours. I would do the same to him. It kept people from robbing our nice buildings! Pair up and use it to your advantage.

That's true for attacking, but not for robbing.

I've robbed 50+ buildings in the same hood, many many times.

On the OP/follow-up, there are many reasons for variations:
1. Old android versions, as discussed above.
2. Defensive stats in the profile include full benefit from defense buildings. Anybody with a lot of upgraded defense buildings will have an enormous difference, as upgraded defense buildings do not provide any meaningful defense. I've seen variations of well in excess of 100k on this issue.
3. There is a degree of randomness, as gambit said. For robbery defense you need 50% better stats than your would-be attacker to be definitively safe. Not sure on the figure for attack, but it would be slightly less, but not insignificant.
4. Skill points, especially when you're referring to differences of under 10k, may be involved. If you are getting a much lower defense stat player routinely fend off your attacks, skill point hacking may be the issue.

chicksdiggit
03-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks gambet and zeemer, I appreciate the insight.

mperus
03-30-2013, 06:48 AM
also thanks from my side, now it works as it is supposed to.

(CCK) Cam
03-31-2013, 01:17 PM
Ok, thanks, these posts helped

OneHoop
04-01-2013, 03:57 PM
2. Defensive stats in the profile include full benefit from defense buildings. Anybody with a lot of upgraded defense buildings will have an enormous difference, as upgraded defense buildings do not provide any meaningful defense. I've seen variations of well in excess of 100k on this issue.

Not a fan of Cam or Grommy--hard to believe others call you their leader!

But for others who are reading this, defense building upgrades are "fronting" showing a higher defense in profile than they actually provide. There are a few times when it may be worthwhile to upgrade to a level2, (if your next planned upgrade would result in dead time by finishing while you are unavailable) but rarely beyond L2 and always hide any upgraded levels. People who've gone gangbusters on defensive upgrades can show quite a wide disparity between their profile defense and their actual defense, so lots of upgraded defense buildings often means that I will attack even without checking their profile!

Note that since we can not see profile defense in battles or opponents hoods, defensive upgrades do nothing but give you a false sense of security. I do build defensive buildings but only Lv1 and a lot of them.

Check out the numbers and see if you don't feel ripped off!
http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings

M@