PDA

View Full Version : LTQ Event Coming Soon

Bala82
03-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Since Current MW event is Limited Time Quest (LTQ) we can expect to see this next month. You would think Gree would keep informed about new development in the game.

I don't think this will happen with current war event but i expect next crime city war will include this.

Xanius
03-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Mind explaining what this means exactly?

sister morphine
03-27-2013, 07:43 AM
Mind explaining what this means exactly?
Yeah, it means you have to complete 30 rounds (MW, so far all the ones I've done are PvP) or 40 rounds (KA - usually PvE) and then go round again in heroic mode to collect the advertised prize. The whole structure will be cynically designed to ensure that it is impossible to finish without spending around a vault of gold/gems etc minimum. All within 5 days (unless there's a snafu as with the current MW China Superiority LTQ, which results in losing a couple of days but no change apparently to the event format)

Dutchie
03-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah, it means you have to complete 30 rounds (MW, so far all the ones I've done are PvP) or 40 rounds (KA - usually PvE) and then go round again in heroic mode to collect the advertised prize. The whole structure will be cynically designed to ensure that it is impossible to finish without spending around a vault of gold/gems etc minimum. All within 5 days (unless there's a snafu as with the current MW China Superiority LTQ, which results in losing a couple of days but no change apparently to the event format)

Another right royal cockup! Not to mention the XP gain on these events. I really think they are trying to push people up higher, especially now that it goes to 250 levels.

I stopped once I completed mission 14 to get the unit with the 20% health reduction bonus which is incorrectly displayed in the bonus section of one's profile on iOS. Beyond that with the high XP gain and huge casualties people are experiencing, it really isn't worth it.

Bala82
03-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Thank you Morphine

Bala82
03-27-2013, 08:20 AM
20% health reduction bonus

Sorry i am a bit confused about the 20% - does it mean faster health recovery for boss event or faster stamina recovery

maku
03-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Bala I just got it and im pretty sure it is for boss events and faction war events. will have to wait and test it out though.

sister morphine
03-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Sorry i am a bit confused about the 20% - does it mean faster health recovery for boss event or faster stamina recovery
It will be for boss events, and I presume for health recovery in battles. I'm hopeful it will also make energy and/or stamina refill quicker but I don't sit on MW long enough to have checked that out yet

sister morphine
03-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Another right royal cockup! Not to mention the XP gain on these events. I really think they are trying to push people up higher, especially now that it goes to 250 levels.

I stopped once I completed mission 14 to get the unit with the 20% health reduction bonus which is incorrectly displayed in the bonus section of one's profile on iOS. Beyond that with the high XP gain and huge casualties people are experiencing, it really isn't worth it.
The casualties are a pain I agree, but so far it hasn't deterred me from venturing into level 15. Maybe it's because I also suffer constant losses during the faction battles. That's a running joke in Camps & Tramps 😂

mxz
03-27-2013, 11:15 AM
The casualties are a pain I agree, but so far it hasn't deterred me from venturing into level 15. Maybe it's because I also suffer constant losses during the faction battles. That's a running joke in Camps & Tramps 😂You lose more units than the rest of us combined! :)

Ghost Recon
03-27-2013, 11:43 AM
This was posted by CJ over in the Modern War forums.

Hello all, just thought that I would toss some info out about Limited Time Quests (the current event, Superiority, is one of this type). People who play KA or MQ will recognize these from those games.

During a Limited Time Quest Event, you have several days (the time will be listed in the game) to complete a visible quest chain. These quests are similar to other quests that already exist in the game. Each quest will give a reward of some kind upon completion. At the end of the chain, you will receive a larger reward.

After that, you will have the option to do the quest chain again in Heroic Mode. Heroic Mode has the same chain of quests, but requires slightly more of each requirement to pass the quests. The grand prize for the event is awarded to everyone who completes Heroic Mode.

We've been trying out some cool things over in the other games with these, and we are glad to bring them to Modern War. Since this is a new feature here, this first iteration is relatively straightforward compared to some of the ones we have had recently in the other games, but we look forward to building this new event type out in the future.

Have fun and good luck, everyone.

Ramshutu
03-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Heroic mode

Horrible
Event
Requires
Obscene
Investiment of
Cash

dudeman
03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
I just hope there is some sort of supreme being that slaps everyone at Gree if they try doing any more LTQs with quests that say "do this job until you get X number of loot drops".

If we do see any events like that, I strongly urge the entire community to simply not participate. There was an event like that in KA which I chose to pass on. I hope I wasn't the only one who said "F that", but I haven't noticed such requirements in any LTQs since, so hopefully Gree already knows that's an a-hole move that doesn't encourage spending.

Bala82
03-27-2013, 12:43 PM
We can expect some bugs but i imagine whenever there's new event content players get excited and would probably not think about whether the prizes are worth it. I remember how excited when boss event became available. People went crazy but now it's just another event nothing to get excited about.

What i found amusing the invasion event must of not been profitable which why they got rid of it replace them leader board event. We only 2 of them than they disappeared.

sister morphine
03-27-2013, 03:04 PM
I decided to quit the MW event after 15 rounds. A lot of units perished for some cash and a lump of concrete! Wowie!

LisaM
03-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Heroic mode

Horrible
Event
Requires
Obscene
Investiment of
Cash

+1000

I hope if/when we get LTQs in CC that there will be a unit with a modifier, I'm so envious of everyone that has one! (and yes, I did go far enough in MW's LTQ to get the health modifier unit but quit after that, the unit loss was staggering).

SoccerStud
03-27-2013, 03:07 PM
Don't be so sure it will come out next month if it comes out...

Bala82
03-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Well no one knows exact time but looking at previous situation it's normally 1-3 months.

psxnitro
03-28-2013, 12:55 AM
I lost up to 20mil worth of units because of that shipyard goal... Lost a combination of challenger tank, Demolitions, and B-52 Bomber on almost every single one of those 29 hits on a shipyard...

I probably won't even try to participate again, unless there is a unit I really want at the lower goals.

sister morphine
03-28-2013, 01:55 AM
Ouch! That's much worse than mine. I tended to lose the loot drop units more than anything else so no biggie

psxnitro
03-28-2013, 02:26 AM
Ouch! That's much worse than mine. I tended to lose the loot drop units more than anything else so no biggie

Yeah... I went with quality... so most my troops are level 10 unlocks... Somehow all the things I've learned in CC backfired in MW... Since the only way to survive happily is to have a golden army...

Dutchie
03-28-2013, 05:08 AM
The casualties are a pain I agree, but so far it hasn't deterred me from venturing into level 15. Maybe it's because I also suffer constant losses during the faction battles. That's a running joke in Camps & Tramps 

Didn't know you were a Camps and Tramps lady. Congrats on your placing in Egypt... not bad at all for a camper faction ;)

Dutchie
03-28-2013, 05:17 AM

Faster Health Regeneration is for Boss Events and WD Events. I now get 19 hits in the Boss event and 8 hits in the WD event. Some players have even more and mission 8 in the Heroic has another unit with 20% faster health recovery.

A few sandwiches short of a picnic comes to mind when I see your posts :)

Dutchie
03-28-2013, 05:23 AM
I lost up to 20mil worth of units because of that shipyard goal... Lost a combination of challenger tank, Demolitions, and B-52 Bomber on almost every single one of those 29 hits on a shipyard...

I probably won't even try to participate again, unless there is a unit I really want at the lower goals.

I feel the pain. I didn't suffer so badly especially on my lower account.

Here is a tip - When attacking a defensive structure or unit building, select a player whose defensive stats are close to your attacking stats, but obviously you are still stronger :)

Counter-intuitive, I know, but try it! Also second and third hits on the same defensive structure or unit building generally have less casualties.