PDA

View Full Version : Why repair anything?

Stink
03-27-2013, 06:29 AM
There's now a rush to raid non-money buildings. If someone raids my Shipyard then no one else can raid until I repair it right? So why would I repair it other than to be nice to the next attacker?

LagBolt
03-27-2013, 06:31 AM
Yeah, if anyone hits my buildings, they wont be repaired. I collect all my main ones on perfect time anyway, so the important ones wont be hit.

Can see this being a problem if everyone does this and there is nothing to raid at all

Jhoemel
03-27-2013, 06:44 AM
I hope the next ltq is pve based

RedCloud
03-27-2013, 07:01 AM
There's now a rush to raid non-money buildings. If someone raids my Shipyard then no one else can raid until I repair it right? So why would I repair it other than to be nice to the next attacker?

Why be nice to the next guy when he's going to take some more of your units when he attacks? I'm not repairing anything but boost buildings if they happen to be on the list of targets. And yeah, keeping those money buildings empty.

Chairman Han
03-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Good question. I assume that if a building is completely damaged, its function will be gone. This is true when someone raid 3 times of your composite factory or stats bonus buildings (such as the Genetics Lab). You will lose the bonus stats generated by these buildings. Similar rules should apply to defense buildings or unit buildings, but I don't have evidence for that yet.

So can you still make air units requiring level 10 airfield when your airfield is raided 3 times?

RedCloud
03-27-2013, 07:18 AM
Good question. I assume that if a building is completely damaged, its function will be gone. This is true when someone raid 3 times of your composite factory or stats bonus buildings (such as the Genetics Lab). You will lose the bonus stats generated by these buildings. Similar rules should apply to defense buildings or unit buildings, but I don't have evidence for that yet.

So can you still make air units requiring level 10 airfield when your airfield is raided 3 times?

Maybe not, but you can save your money till the event is over, repair your unit buildings then, and go on a major shopping spree in time for the war.

Stink
03-27-2013, 07:25 AM
That is the big question: What is the penalty to you when your building is 100% damaged?

BeastinItUp
03-27-2013, 07:32 AM
You have a good point. It would be very boring if no one repaired or very few people did, though.

RedCloud
03-27-2013, 07:39 AM
That is the big question: What is the penalty to you when your building is 100% damaged?

That depends on the building. If it's a money building, you're out some money. If a boost building, look for a drop in your stats. Unit buildings shouldn't matter much as long as you can postpone unit purchases till after the event. Defense buildings...probably depends on the value of the building. I might repair a rail gun shielding big money buildings, but you can knock down all my towers and it probably won't have much impact.

Ascent
03-27-2013, 07:53 AM
Can't test it now, but I do not think unit building damage or destruction prevents you from buying its units... at least I did not notice this when I had the bug of game not showing me the repair icon and my buildings were destroyed.

Dirk Durbin37
03-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Damage to a Unit building doesn't prevent purchasing new units from that building. I just tested it with my Barracks.

RedCloud
03-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Damage to a Unit building doesn't prevent purchasing new units from that building. I just tested it with my Barracks.

Cool! So we don't even have to postpone our purchases.

The_Don
03-27-2013, 09:10 AM

I don't like war so I'm going to download and play a war game!

Stink
03-27-2013, 09:13 AM
I don't like war so I'm going to download and play a war game!

You totally missed the point - Hint: its a strategy question

procsyzarc
03-27-2013, 09:32 AM
I fix just to be nice I know what a pain in the ass it is to find the needed buildings and the attacker is just trying to make the best of the crap event Gree gave them.

spectra
03-27-2013, 09:38 AM
I fix just to be nice I know what a pain in the ass it is to find the needed buildings and the attacker is just trying to make the best of the crap event Gree gave them.

that is why i quit the event at stage 14, Knowing GREEd from past events in LTQ, I was sure they would play the "error splash screen" card giving players false advertising to lure them into spending lots and lots of gold to get to stage 30, just to give them a crap prize and tell them they have to do it again and spend even more gold

you gold spenders are better of, using that gold to buy crate sets which will give you much better stats, will increase your stats and you will not loose any units

jon_funzio
03-27-2013, 09:55 AM

On behalf of all of the people who can't find squat - I thank you!

You gold spenders are better of, using that gold to buy crate sets which will give you much better stats, will increase your stats and you will not loose any units
I'm not losing that many more units than I gain with the PvP - sure raiding ship yards and the like is high-casualty, but then attacking 110 people results in rather a lot of the same units that you lose. I have decided that Expert Attack Drones are WAY too high casualty though.

Aidan
03-27-2013, 10:47 AM
I repair coz i cant stand leaving it broken like that. Poor building.

Furthermore those tool icon thing is kinda annoying so cant help it. Have to repair or i'll go crazy.

RedCloud
03-27-2013, 11:22 AM
At the rate I'm losing units with all these extra raids, I'm not making myself a target. Sorry to disappoint, but just think of all the units you'll save when you can't attack my shipyard, lol.

Chairman Han
03-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Finally done with 25 shipyard raids. Lost over 60 high end units. Don't want to do it again. So don't repair your shipyard if it is damaged. At level 110, I had to go through 8 ppl in average to find a shipyard. Good thing is no matter the defense is 100k or 10k, I lose the same number of units for raiding it.

LisaM
03-27-2013, 12:13 PM
I repair coz i cant stand leaving it broken like that. Poor building.

Furthermore those tool icon thing is kinda annoying so cant help it. Have to repair or i'll go crazy.

I'm the same way, broken buildings just look bad on my base. Must fix!!

Finally done with 25 shipyard raids. Lost over 60 high end units. Don't want to do it again. So don't repair your shipyard if it is damaged. At level 110, I had to go through 8 ppl in average to find a shipyard. Good thing is no matter the defense is 100k or 10k, I lose the same number of units for raiding it.

OMG I know, same here. What a PITA. My stats took such a dive after doing the shipyard step.

The_Don
03-27-2013, 12:19 PM
You totally missed the point - Hint: its a strategy question

I got your point, I just found it to be selfish. Like others, I repair to give my fellow gamers a shot at getting through the event.

SGT Rud
03-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Im with you, I cant stand the little tool icons. I like my base neat and organized. I also repair them for other people, I hate searching through base after base to find a guard tower. When I go raiding normally, they are always open, but give nothing, and now when I want to raid them, there are none.

RedCloud
03-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Well, you guys made me feel bad so I repaired my shipyard. Within half an hour it was raided again and I lost a $640k Titan Attack Ship. Nope. Not repairing it again. Call me selfish if you want but I don't think I should have to give away my units so somebody else can win a big prize.

The_Don
03-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Its a gaming community. Without us, no community. Without the community, no game. No Modern War, we will all be forced to play Angy Birds.

Don't let your community play Angry Birds.

Stink
03-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Its a gaming community. Without us, no community. Without the community, no game. No Modern War, we will all be forced to play Angy Birds.

LOL - Tough to argue with that logic.
I'm thinking they should make the buildings not work if they get damaged to make people want to repair.

Aidan
03-27-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm the same way, broken buildings just look bad on my base. Must fix!!

Hey Lisa how do you like my new hair 😉

I think we both have OCD. Errk!

Bronson
03-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Hey Lisa how do you like my new hair ��

Yep, you can tell my boy is back in town

LisaM
03-27-2013, 02:53 PM

Baahahahaahahaa!!!

Hey Lisa how do you like my new hair 😉

New hair? You had a total sex change!!

CDR Shepard
03-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Oops, my bad...I thought Gree started this forum

Ba-dum, splash...

Admiral-Akbar
03-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Now I understand people are being wiped out in this event, and I'm one of them, but aren't these units bought with "fake" money and valor that can be achieved again? I know it sucks to lose 5k+ in stats but i feel like everyone is expecting Gree to just hand them these really nice units with no work on our ends at all. There needs to be a challenge or everyone wins the prize. everyone wont get first, im sorry little johnny! I'm completely fine with replacing the military ambos I'm loosing, and any valor units that get destroyed can be replaced as well. Look no one is twisting your arm, either play the event and get what you get or just continue to mope and complain about it. History has shown Gree doesn't care either way! I plan on finishing it at least one time through, it is slightly boring but at the same time I'm getting units, bonuses, and battle points.

Yours truly
Mr. Ackbar

Ps the people that are complaining...would you be the same one also against mandatory drug tests to receive state aide money?
Nothing in life is free my friends!

IT'S A TRAP!!!

Sillybeans
03-27-2013, 03:18 PM
I haven't been successfully raided yet... :cool:

Aidan
03-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Yep, you can tell my boy is back in town

Hahahahaha. Whats up bron? Cant have you have all the girls to yourself now can we?

New hair? You had a total sex change!!

Ehh. Yeah I did...it was rather cheap actually. For few thousands dollars i can be bradley cooper or kate beckinsale. Fr you i'll be brad for a while. 😬

Bronson
03-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Backed up, smacked up now your threads getting jacked up!

Lol there's always a few newbies on here I have left for you bro, you know Bron looks after his boys

CDR Shepard
03-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Now I understand people are being wiped out in this event, and I'm one of them, but aren't these units bought with "fake" money and valor that can be achieved again? I know it sucks to lose 5k+ in stats but i feel like everyone is expecting Gree to just hand them these really nice units with no work on our ends at all. There needs to be a challenge or everyone wins the prize. everyone wont get first, im sorry little johnny! I'm completely fine with replacing the military ambos I'm loosing, and any valor units that get destroyed can be replaced as well. Look no one is twisting your arm, either play the event and get what you get or just continue to mope and complain about it. History has shown Gree doesn't care either way! I plan on finishing it at least one time through, it is slightly boring but at the same time I'm getting units, bonuses, and battle points.

Yours truly
Mr. Ackbar

Ps the people that are complaining...would you be the same one also against mandatory drug tests to receive state aide money?
Nothing in life is free my friends!

IT'S A TRAP!!!

I think your missing the point here with "optional events". The point of this game is to invest gold/cash/time to become STRONGER...the key word here is invest. Its not investing if there is no profit. No one does these events unless there is a payout. People are simply stating that the loss is much greater then the gain, therefor not worth "investing" in. Oh, your analogy sucked by the way.

Aidan
03-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Backed up, smacked up now your threads getting jacked up!

Lol there's always a few newbies on here I have left for you bro, you know Bron looks after his boys

Whats the punch line again? I jack, you jack off?
Still playing KA mate? This thread need more bron jacking

Admiral-Akbar
03-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Oh I get the point entirely, like I said I have large numbers of units being lost after each unit building raid like everyone else. What I'm saying is that everyone that plays this game seems to have this idea that every event needs to be this great thing that gives them huge stat increases. Huge stat increases with little to no loss, gold spent, or time invested. I know this is just a game but things are not just handed to people. If you want the big bad awesome tank, you're going to have to work for it. which means losing some units probably. Gree is here to make money not make your a/d stats go higher.

And my analogy is great, ill chalk you up for not wanting drug tests
(Free game that gives you free things)

Bronson
03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Whats the punch line again? I jack, you jack off?
Still playing KA mate? This thread need more bron jacking

That's the one mate and yes the Bronjack is in full effect lol

Rarely play KA but I'm still about and this forum needs more jacking less whining

Aidan
03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Wish tht old fella is here now.
Last i heard your KA was one of the whale? Do PUN sails there too?

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/sly715091/A54051F0-FECC-4B98-AB7D-A4408639F284-185-00000013C6103A8A.jpg

General Soviet
03-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Now that I think about it, this is a good idea. I'll try it next time somebody uses me to advance in the LTQ.

CDR Shepard
03-27-2013, 03:55 PM
Oh I get the point entirely, like I said I have large numbers of units being lost after each unit building raid like everyone else. What I'm saying is that everyone that plays this game seems to have this idea that every event needs to be this great thing that gives them huge stat increases. Huge stat increases with little to no loss, gold spent, or time invested. I know this is just a game but things are not just handed to people. If you want the big bad awesome tank, you're going to have to work for it. which means losing some units probably. Gree is here to make money not make your a/d stats go higher.

And my analogy is great, ill chalk you up for not wanting drug tests
(Free game that gives you free things)

Lol, no you don't. You still don't. PLAYERS of this game do not want to win something that has worse stats then what they put in to it, since a/d is a big part of this STRATEGIC game. Sacrifices are ok, just pointless when it doesn't end with some sort of gain/profit. If you think this is life, then go ahead and send me $100, don't worry I will send you $10 back. Wouldn't do that long, would you? There are ways to make both sides happy, Gree just missed it with this event. You just don't get it, and thats ok. Oh, and don't chalk me up for anything, being previous military and working at a very highly established business where professionalism and manorism (aka drug free) are a priority kind of kills your dumb analogy again.

Sillybeans
03-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Just get gold armies from WD and Boss event's :D

if you don't want to fully participate just get goal 14, that bonus is sexy.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
03-27-2013, 06:35 PM
That depends on the building. If it's a money building, you're out some money. If a boost building, look for a drop in your stats. Unit buildings shouldn't matter much as long as you can postpone unit purchases till after the event. Defense buildings...probably depends on the value of the building. I might repair a rail gun shielding big money buildings, but you can knock down all my towers and it probably won't have much impact.

Do you think that proximity information actually has an effect? As best as I can tell defense buildings increase raw stats and that's it. Doesn't matter where they are. I steady rob money buildings which are surrounded by high level defense buildings. Even if our stats are close I have NEVER (0) lost a robbery. I think it's just more gree nonsense... Hidden stats.. Item buffs which don't work.. And defense buildings with a "radius of protection". Yeah right.. Those brilliant developers at gree couldn't handle that.