PDA

View Full Version : Rival List and Defensive Stats

cook976
03-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Anyone notice that the rival list is now only +- 5 levels? Also, with the new update everyone's defense shot up, is it correct? By my calculation, my profile is overstating my boosted defense by ~8%. I just attacked a rival with a profile defense of 85k and the battle result showed his defense of only 65k. Anyone else see a discrepancy like this?

LagBolt
03-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah, gree decided to screw everyone over with a new rival list. The defense stats increase come from faction bonuses now showing in your profile- only this seems to have messed up the calculation and causes what you describe. There isnt a fix from your end.

cook976
03-26-2013, 11:44 AM
The rival list was +-15 at first, but now it looks like they shrunk it down to only +-5. Thats better, but I am still concerned that the updated defense stats are incorrect. I know my math is not perfect, but I calculate ~72k defense and my profile shotes 78k. I am only off <1% on my attack calc though.

Jhenry02
03-26-2013, 11:48 AM
I still see thirty levels up and down

RedCloud
03-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Do you mean +- levels or are you talking a/d? On levels mine's currently +15 but only -10. On a/d it's +150k and -15k with 87% of the players on it well above my attack capacity. Yeah, I know. It's one messed up rival list. As one of my faction mates said, "Gree turned you from a predator to prey, and pulled out all your teeth while they were at it."

cook976
03-26-2013, 12:09 PM
i am only seeing +-15 levels. the actual a/d variance is quite wide. but as to my earlier point, i really dont know how wide the defensive spread is because im not sure it is correct in my rival's profile

RedCloud
03-26-2013, 12:15 PM
i am only seeing +-15 levels. the actual a/d variance is quite wide. but as to my earlier point, i really dont know how wide the defensive spread is because im not sure it is correct in my rival's profile

It's a good question. When I see that 87% of my rivals are miles ahead of my attack capacity, am I seeing their actual defense or is there a mistake in the formula? Some of them DO seem to have defense that's far outstripped their attack stats. Maybe you're on to something.

cook976
03-26-2013, 12:20 PM
the faction boosts go a long way, but i listed out all of my units and calculated my boosted stats along with my defense buildings and boosts and i am 6.4% lower on my calculation vs. what my profile says. I also just attacked a player with a profile defense of 85k and he only defended in an attack with 65k. way different.

NaRciS
03-26-2013, 01:05 PM
On one Ipad its the same as it was before... (please don't change!) the other has the new awful rival list (please do change!)

? both Ipads, both different... who knows...