PDA

View Full Version : Battle strategies

H-Wood
03-24-2013, 05:14 PM
I was hoping to see more consolidated information on various battle strategies. Perhaps a thread on this topic would be helpful.

Some questions I have to get started:

1. Do you get anything extra for winning the individual battles?

2. If not, why bother with strong hideouts as they can get quite expensive?

3. Is it only to keep other competitors overall points down in the game?

4. Does the attackers stats have any effect on a hideout?

5. Once the defending syndicate is open for attack, Does the defending persons individual level or mafia have any effect on the points received?

It would seem focusing on bonuses for destroying competitors hideouts and building strong hideouts would be money better spent.

I hope I'm wrong on this as I would prefer extra incentive to win, not just accumulate points.

Thanks for all the great info shared here.

H-Wood

MattThomas08
03-24-2013, 05:20 PM
(RESPONSES IN PARENTHESES)

I was hoping to see more consolidated information on various battle strategies. Perhaps a thread on this topic would be helpful.

Some questions I have to get started:

1. Do you get anything extra for winning the individual battles?

(Nope.)

2. If not, why bother with strong hideouts as they can get quite expensive?

(Just pride really, unless you're going to be directly competing with them, but that's probably only a Top 10-25 issue, in which case your Level 10 hideout isn't lasting long anyway.)

3. Is it only to keep other competitors overall points down in the game?

(Yep.)

4. Does the attackers stats have any effect on a hideout?

(Yes, higher attack does more damage.)

5. Once the defending syndicate is open for attack, Does the defending persons individual level or mafia have any effect on the points received?

(Yes, higher level means higher points.)

It would seem focusing on bonuses for destroying competitors hideouts and building strong hideouts would be money better spent.

I hope I'm wrong on this as I would prefer extra incentive to win, not just accumulate points.

Thanks for all the great info shared here.

(HOPE THIS HELPS. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here.)

Aquaman
03-24-2013, 05:56 PM
An addition to the answer to #1 is bragging rights. Sometimes fun when they are poor sports. I myself do not indulge myself to such tendencies but rather just ignore (my own preference).

H-Wood
03-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Thank you MattThomas08 this was exactly what I was looking for!

H-Wood
03-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Regarding:

-----------------------------------------

What do you think the better senario would be?

A. Attacking a player level 50 with 500 mafia

B. attacking a player level 150 with 180 mafia

So in other words, given the choice is a player with a higher level or higher mafia going to be the best to attack for points knowing you could beat both?

Thanks again

MattThomas08
03-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Regarding:

-----------------------------------------

What do you think the better senario would be?

A. Attacking a player level 50 with 500 mafia

B. attacking a player level 150 with 180 mafia

So in other words, given the choice is a player with a higher level or higher mafia going to be the best to attack for points knowing you could beat both?

Thanks again

Go after the player with higher level. As far as I can tell, the mafia count doesn't affect the points you receive for the hit. The level will make all the difference, however.

dexterity
03-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Trying to find out the equation for hideouts. Example level 10 hideout takes x players or hits. Does anyone know? Just trying to figure out when its worth it and how many players are needed for each situation to maximiz IP.

Lonestoner
03-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Trying to find out the equation for hideouts. Example level 10 hideout takes x players or hits. Does anyone know? Just trying to figure out when its worth it and how many players are needed for each situation to maximiz IP.

The amount that a player hits a hideout for is determined by their attack, so there is no definite number for how many hits it would take to destroy one. Just depends on how strong the people hitting it are.

tehlolkid
03-24-2013, 11:35 PM
I have a level 50 account but i leveled up too fast ( lvl 50 in just 30 days) and have attack and defense stats only 10k each. What can be my best attack strategy for attacking other syndicate members?

AK-47
03-25-2013, 12:18 AM
I have a level 50 account but i leveled up too fast ( lvl 50 in just 30 days) and have attack and defense stats only 10k each. What can be my best attack strategy for attacking other syndicate members?
Not attacking other syndicate members is going to be your best strategy. Odds are you won't be able to beat very many. Build up your attack or just hit the wall or Def leader.

dudeman
03-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Dating myself here, I remember when 10k/10k at level 50 was considered on par to reach 20k/20k by level 100, which was a widely soughtafter milestone at the time. I'm such a dork for remembering that (and for playing this game long enough to remember that).

:p:cool:

tehlolkid
03-25-2013, 01:18 AM
Yeah, it's so unfair that old players were able to farm weapons and increase their attack/defense stats. The only way i can build attack now is if i buy gold or at the events. And sometimes, even the event can't be won without gold.

sister morphine
03-25-2013, 05:25 AM
Yeah, it's so unfair that old players were able to farm weapons and increase their attack/defense stats. The only way i can build attack now is if i buy gold or at the events. And sometimes, even the event can't be won without gold.
Seriously? You have scratchers which I didn't have back in the day. You have the bosses - and some players below level 100 seem to zip through 40 bosses like a knife through butter, so can get immensely strong. The much vaunted M4 A1 was already history when I was starting out in early 2012. The basics of the game remain the same, but low level players have really never had it so good

Lawyer
03-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Wow... This is like listening to my grandparents tell me stories about how they had to walk 5 miles uphill in the snow both ways to get to the local store.

cooch
03-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Seriously? You have scratchers which I didn't have back in the day. You have the bosses - and some players below level 100 seem to zip through 40 bosses like a knife through butter, so can get immensely strong. The much vaunted M4 A1 was already history when I was starting out in early 2012. The basics of the game remain the same, but low level players have really never had it so good

Sista's right.. Much easier today than it was in 2012 prior to scratchers and those that joined between 1/2012 and scratcher implementation didn't get any give mes like to M4A1. Just brush up on forum guides for advice. At least you figured out you're leveling too fast.

sister morphine
03-25-2013, 11:28 PM
Wow... This is like listening to my grandparents tell me stories about how they had to walk 5 miles uphill in the snow both ways to get to the local store.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo