PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Modern War & GREE

Proprioc3ption
03-24-2013, 05:50 AM
After the demise of clear communication recently with GREE personal on the coming Guild War in KA, I've decided that MW for me will die a quick death as I will no longer waste my time on such a thing.

This is not a game... Ad it most definitely is not something that is free...hahahaha!
I am over almost anything that GREE touches. KA will only survive now depending on how GREE respond to its players/customers in the coming days.

I'm an avid PC gamer, where entertainment is what it's all about not this revenue scamming 2 dimentional pixel based gambling app that exists for one reason and one reason only...to suck money from people who are looking to have fun and enjoy player a game with a great concept, but is unfortunately let down because the develops pay no attention to gameplay or the people who play it. They simply focus on finding the next sneakiest way to suck money from people without having to fix issues that have existed with their 'thing' since its conception.

If KA does not deliver... I'll be heading back to the green side of the mountain and away from this rubbish.
I've enjoyed most of all the community that has established itself over time. The people he are fantastic, many who, of which I've made great friends with. It's disheartening as the concept of the game is so great, yet it's in the hands of irrational, self focused one eyed developes that wouldn't know how to properly manage a are if it bit them in the ....well, make your own mind up there.

So, it is with these last few sentences that I say goodbye MW. I would have faught one more war with you this weekend, however GREE changed the KA guld war with two days to go till its original date to coincide with the MW WD this coming weekend. One of the stupidest moves I've ever seen and clearly shows its lack of consideration of its players. Who I'm sure many, like myself, are professionals who know how to run a business that supports and listerns to its customers all while being profitable.

I'll stick around the forums as I'm still committed to KA depending on the coming events that is. I'll keep in contact with the players as much as I can for now...it's disappointing that it had to come to this but I refuse to be forced into playing two massively time consuming online wars at the same time...so one has to give.

There's a lesson learnt here...that life is not without trouble or disappointment, but one thing is certain. That YOU have the right and power to chose to accept the wrong and go with it, or refuse it and go against it. The only loss for me here sadly is not entertainment...but it is that those friends and comrades who I have shared my time with, laughed with and fought with in this game has now come to an end. That is what I will truly miss.

Remain true to what you believe in...and don't be afraid to make the move against the tide.
Cheers all, and I wish you all the very best in life
Hammer

manbeast
03-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Nice post.

I don't play KA much so I didn't even realize the events were the same time. Most all of us feel that there shouldn't be ANY events this weekend. It's Easter!! We are going to spend time with our families. Organize Easter egg hunts. Paint Easter eggs. Make a big family dinner. Go out and do family activities. Personally I'm driving up to my parents house on Saturday and spending the weekend there. As soon as the date for china as released we all voiced our concerns but I guess nobody is listening. I can understand why you would want to quit one of your games. I can't imagine how anyone could really participate in 2 wars at once. And especially not on Easter weekend. Perhaps they hope we will find money and iTunes cards in our Easter eggs. Who knows. Eventually the only people left playing these games will be the ones with no family, no wife (or gf) no social life, and after they get fired for playing MW at business meeting, no job haha

I'll keep playing MW for a while though. Having way to much fun with my friends in ACE.

Agent Orange
03-24-2013, 07:37 AM
I stopped playing KA a few months ago since it was a poorly warmed over version of MW.

thunder
03-24-2013, 09:04 AM
Please we dont need everybody to post when you leave. People come and go. I might stop playing ka and cc should i go make a post over on them boards when i quit those games. The answer is no. For modern war im here to the end whenever that might be

Drama Llama
03-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Please we dont need everybody to post when you leave. People come and go. I might stop playing ka and cc should i go make a post over on them boards when i quit those games. The answer is no. For modern war im here to the end whenever that might be

Many times I would agree with you on this as these kind of posts are often overly laden with drama and full of hollow threats but in this case I think the OP makes some good points and articulates them well. I welcome anyone making such goodbye posts personally as gree needs to hear such things!

King little fruit fly
03-24-2013, 09:51 AM
GL2U, you won already for conquering your own emotion for this game. :cool:

After the demise of clear communication recently with GREE personal on the coming Guild War in KA, I've decided that MW for me will die a quick death as I will no longer waste my time on such a thing.

This is not a game... Ad it most definitely is not something that is free...hahahaha!
I am over almost anything that GREE touches. KA will only survive now depending on how GREE respond to its players/customers in the coming days.

I'm an avid PC gamer, where entertainment is what it's all about not this revenue scamming 2 dimentional pixel based gambling app that exists for one reason and one reason only...to suck money from people who are looking to have fun and enjoy player a game with a great concept, but is unfortunately let down because the develops pay no attention to gameplay or the people who play it. They simply focus on finding the next sneakiest way to suck money from people without having to fix issues that have existed with their 'thing' since its conception.

If KA does not deliver... I'll be heading back to the green side of the mountain and away from this rubbish.
I've enjoyed most of all the community that has established itself over time. The people he are fantastic, many who, of which I've made great friends with. It's disheartening as the concept of the game is so great, yet it's in the hands of irrational, self focused one eyed developes that wouldn't know how to properly manage a are if it bit them in the ....well, make your own mind up there.

So, it is with these last few sentences that I say goodbye MW. I would have faught one more war with you this weekend, however GREE changed the KA guld war with two days to go till its original date to coincide with the MW WD this coming weekend. One of the stupidest moves I've ever seen and clearly shows its lack of consideration of its players. Who I'm sure many, like myself, are professionals who know how to run a business that supports and listerns to its customers all while being profitable.

I'll stick around the forums as I'm still committed to KA depending on the coming events that is. I'll keep in contact with the players as much as I can for now...it's disappointing that it had to come to this but I refuse to be forced into playing two massively time consuming online wars at the same time...so one has to give.

There's a lesson learnt here...that life is not without trouble or disappointment, but one thing is certain. That YOU have the right and power to chose to accept the wrong and go with it, or refuse it and go against it. The only loss for me here sadly is not entertainment...but it is that those friends and comrades who I have shared my time with, laughed with and fought with in this game has now come to an end. That is what I will truly miss.

Remain true to what you believe in...and don't be afraid to make the move against the tide.
Cheers all, and I wish you all the very best in life
Hammer

Big O
03-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Please we dont need everybody to post when you leave. People come and go. I might stop playing ka and cc should i go make a post over on them boards when i quit those games. The answer is no. For modern war im here to the end whenever that might beYou're a schmuck! As he mentioned in his post, he has made friends in this game. Maybe this was the easiest way to let them know that he wasn't going to play the game anymore, and why. If you don't like these kinds of threads, don't visit them. It was obvious by the title what this thread was about.

Good luck to you Hammer! Hate to see you go!

Acidist
03-24-2013, 10:59 AM
But Hammer have right.Nobody cares from Gree about customers wishes in the game or in the forum.
And i think the most people are pissed off about the next week.Eastern, where the most people have not the time to play and then two battles on the same time
I hope, that Gree move the Event to another week

Hammer good luck and we see us in KA buddy!

mxz
03-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Sad to see you go. And of course I'll always love the image you made that a lot of the fine posters in this thread display in their signature :D

DragCro
03-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Hammer my good friend,i understand your decision but you dont have to make this move,dont play this event play the next one,play Mw without stress,play it for enjoyment when you can,you dont have to play all games seriously.I know that your main game is Ka,and i hope i can see you here in this forum and in game at least few years.Know that without you this forum will be empty..You are a true friend and a good person,you have my friendship always..
I was glad that we are in the same faction and now i'm bit sad..
I wish you enjoyment playing Ka and i hope that you will be around here a long time..
You have a big hug from me my friend!
Cheers!

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u591/titan1978/8E120516-F88C-4C00-B67E-8F8CCF815830-698-0000001238A28A94_zpsda500d5e.jpg

Товарищ
03-24-2013, 01:39 PM
TLDR, but I can say I'm also an avid PC gamer and I've played MW for free ever since beta on Android, had a lot of success and fun with it. Even if I completely agree with your description of GREE, I see it as a game in itself to play this without money and also as a way to "stick it" to GREEd :D

Peppers
03-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Hammer, don't quit all the games. Stay in MW! In KA, come join Hap, Snigel and I (and a bunch of other MW vets who don't have the energy to play all these games competitively) in our "anti-guild" The Castle Anthrax. We're going to do one battle this weekend to try to crack the top 4000 :) We don't have a forum, live chat, or spreadsheets!

Arizona
03-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Good luck Hammer. Sorry to see you go, but it's understandable.

Thanks always for the work you did on the faction avatars, and for taking part in Greenland and Egypt.

Happy trails and best wishes mate:cool:

Bashful Rain
03-24-2013, 04:05 PM
I only play one GREE game... Modern War.
I will be playing on Easter because I have to work..
My new assistant has a young family and I have given her the weekend off with them. They are Catholic....my son is
grown, and my wife also has to work... we are a bit older.

I understand all of that.. and I don't think GREE keeps the holidays in mind.. it may be because they are not an
American based company.. I don't know.

Westusmc
03-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Bye Hammer, it was fun being in the faction with you. I understand your reasons for cutting back and wish you the best in everything you do.

MADCAT
03-24-2013, 05:23 PM
KA is > then MW

I stopped playing KA a few months ago since it was a poorly warmed over version of MW.

Hapl0
03-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Good luck Buddy! It's sad to see a friend leave. Our best wishes for you.

Major Silverback
03-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Good luck!

Stasios
03-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Hey I am looking for thief, is she still around on modern war...

K, thanx, oh and chuck mfin doosher, he was in my faction too, if you know them let them know I am looking for them.

cheiz
03-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Good luck Hammer! It has been great fun!

Oh and Stasios: yes Thief is around. Try pm

Master Stormzs
03-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Great post, Hammer! Inspirational and truthful. Hope someone from Gree (CJ) reads this and realizes what they are doing to their customer base.

asdfg12345
03-25-2013, 09:52 PM
I quit KA because the LTQ was watering down the game to the point where everyone use gem in exactly the same way to get massive increases in stats. One LTQ event can increase someones stats by 50k where before it would have taken ages to do.

Squirt Girl
03-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Cheers Hammer, its been fun. I hope you get to spend some more quality time down the coast.
Squirt