PDA

View Full Version : Buying fortifications, looking for info

Rapg635
03-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Hey all. Have just recently taken over as faction leader, since our previous leader quit the game. Trying to understand purchasing fortifications. It appears that I must start with a single $50k purchase, plus 2 concrete block, and then upgrade to the level I want to keep. The prices and blocks shown next to the level are only the additional cost to upgrade from the previous level, i.e. level 1 cost 75k and 4 cb (not actual figures) level 2 cost 125k and 6 cb. It would then cost me 50k + 75k + 125k or $250k cash and 12 cb for that 1 level 2 fort. And so on up the chain of levels. If anyone can verify this info, whether right or wrong, it would greatly appreciate it. As always, thanks for the help!

Thlinks
03-23-2013, 08:25 AM
I'm curious about this as well

FromAfar
03-23-2013, 08:41 AM
first answer: just try it and see what happens. just upgrade a level 1 to 2, and you'll get the idea.

second answer: yes, the numbers are the cost money and conc to go to the next level

Rapg635
03-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Yes, my thoughts were correct. Apparently, another way gree has found to make us spend more. Wouldn't it just be so much simpler to go to level 10 fort, and pay $x for each one, then to go thru this garbage to get to level, 8-10. Insane. But then what did I expect, logic!!!!!!! Lol! Thanks for the replies, and btw, a level 10 fort is much more than it would appear to be on the fortification page.

Hassleham
03-23-2013, 10:04 AM
If you don't have enough concrete to get level 10s for all your battles, i wouldn't get as many level 10s as possible and then just go to battle with no fort when you run out. It's better to balance it so that you have a decent fort for EVERY battle, so get level 8s or 9s if you can't afford enough level 10s.

Adm.J
03-23-2013, 11:37 AM
It also depends on what level your faction is competing at. If you are around the 1,000 mark or lower, you probably won't need much more than a level 3 or 4 (a level 1 may even be enough most times) as many factions aren't strong enough to take down the wall and still have enough energy to attack enough to gain any real points. As you go higher it becomes more important, though I suspect there is a point at which even a level 10 wall is something that is just a very minor hindrance.

Hassleham
03-23-2013, 11:48 AM
It also depends on what level your faction is competing at. If you are around the 1,000 mark or lower, you probably won't need much more than a level 3 or 4 (a level 1 may even be enough most times) as many factions aren't strong enough to take down the wall and still have enough energy to attack enough to gain any real points. As you go higher it becomes more important, though I suspect there is a point at which even a level 10 wall is something that is just a very minor hindrance.

True, our level 10 walls usually lasts 5 mins at the most if we get a top 10 faction.

Jhenry02
03-23-2013, 12:24 PM
So far you are all correct.
The cost of a level 10 wall is the cost of all 9 numbers below.
So a level 10 wall costs like 10 million and like 120 blocks or something.

Walls are very helpful when facing non gold factions.
It slows their point totals by costing them hits, and time that could be used for regen.
Against gold factions hassleham is right, they last about 1-5 minutes.

Do the math, if you think about it, simply from a monetary standpoint level 10 walls are a joke.
We could care less about concrete, but $4m from 9-10 when all it gives is another 5 hits, it may not be worth t to you.

-J

Rapg635
03-23-2013, 01:42 PM
All, thanks for the responses. I understand all you have said. We were #500 in BfB, then #250 in BfG. In BfG we used level 8, 9 and 10 walls. So, in BfG we used 7 and 8, which for the most part were fine. Son, in Egypt we used level 5, but gree changed the point hits, and most of the walls came down. We ended #324. Anyway, my question was actually HOW to buy walls. It would make sense to be able to input a quantity at a level, say 60 of level 8. But it appeared that you need to buy all #1 and upgrade thru all levels to level 8. I was trying to find out if that was the case, or if I was missing some factor in buying quantity. Thanks again for all responses. It is much appreciated.

Hassleham
03-24-2013, 04:19 AM
You have to start at level one and gradually level them all up unfortunately. Why they did this, nobody knows.

I actually got some sort if glitch once where the forts we're updating instantaneously when I pressed "upgrade" then "confirm", so I got a load of level 10s done in about 2 mins. I don't know if my Internet was just being amazingly fast that day or what, but apart from this occasion there has always been a delay when upgrading, which makes it take a lot longer.

Rapg635
03-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks hassleham. That was exactly the info I was looking for. Appreciate it greatly, and agree with illogical concept "developed" by gree's people. Have a great day, where ever you may be.