PDA

View Full Version : The Benefits of Vandalism

buddylee
03-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Ok, I wanted to throw it out there - would users enjoy the ability to vandalize other player's hoods? Let me play out a scenario - your hood was just ransacked by someone way beyond your means, retaliation wise, and you can't really do anything except take it square on the chin. Sure you can comment on their wall, and there may be some benefit to that, but would it be fun to knock down some street signs or use spray paint on buildings? Where you might not be able to retaliate physically (directly attacking the player) or monetarily, regardless of what atk/def they might have, you would always have to ability to spray paint their hood. Thoughts?

Van Der Sloot
03-22-2013, 11:47 AM
I like it. That would be great, sign me up.

Ok, I wanted to throw it out there - would users enjoy the ability to vandalize other player's hoods? Let me play out a scenario - your hood was just ransacked by someone way beyond your means, retaliation wise, and you can't really do anything except take it square on the chin. Sure you can comment on their wall, and there may be some benefit to that, but would it be fun to knock down some street signs or use spray paint on buildings? Where you might not be able to retaliate physically (directly attacking the player) or monetarily, regardless of what atk/def they might have, you would always have to ability to spray paint their hood. Thoughts?

the_brein
03-22-2013, 11:49 AM
I like the idea. The option would only be available when pressing the revenge button. Only as a means to get back at someone. Simly looking at the rivals list and vandalizing woud not be cool.

Bala82
03-22-2013, 11:51 AM
The problem there will be no control over content what stop player from abuse it bully another player call them all sort profanity.

buddylee
03-22-2013, 11:58 AM
The problem there will be no control over content what stop player from abuse it bully another player call them all sort profanity.

Yeah, I was going off of the idea of what we used to do in this game called counter strike. For the people you would take out, you could spray paint a predetermined picture over the body (That's where handle, Buddy Lee, first arrived) Believe you/me some of those spray paints players would use were profane. I don't know; if set with the right restrictions it could be fun. Even if they were pre-programmed vandalism signatures. Heck, we now have syndicates, it would be awesome to blast a syndicate stamp on someones hood. They wouldn't last forever, maybe a 24hr timeline.

dudeman
03-22-2013, 11:58 AM
You can already do vandalism by posting on comment walls. If you can't retaliate against someone for whatever reason (you're too weak, rival has $0 IPH, rival is always too beat up, rival always collects on time, etc.), you can post on their comment wall. This accomplishes nothing, and neither would any form of actual hood vandalism unless you could do it anonymously... Because doing "stuff" like that is sure to get your name onto a few hitlists.

mxz
03-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Can you imagine the number of penii that would be drawn if people were allowed to spray paint hoods?

Van Der Sloot
03-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Can you imagine the number of penii that would be drawn if people were allowed to spray paint hoods?

More than 6?

Chips
03-22-2013, 12:19 PM
That's be awesome. It could just be you click on the building, and have the options to vandalize. It would just put a few ugly lines across it. In order for gree to do this, there would have to be a gold cost though. The victim would have to spend game cash to clean it, or just leave it. Maybe it takes away 5% of the payout till it is cleaned.

cooch
03-22-2013, 12:20 PM
BL: A simpler idea. If we are allowed this in concept, no defacing their hood. Simply pay Gree dollars or Gree gold to change their Avatar's appearance using Gree's set of features Harmless but gets the point across. Also if they are that strong and attack frequently they won't know who did it or how many times it was done!

How's that...a coding change..more money for Gree...and harmless to all. Heck they may even take it as a badge of honor a screwed up body/clothing meaning they are a PVP terror.

Chips
03-22-2013, 12:22 PM
It would be like your character's hair, you have a few options to choose from, you can't go drawing penii all over the place, unless you select the pre-made one, but it has hairy testicles.

Daswi
03-22-2013, 12:22 PM
That's be awesome. It could just be you click on the building, and have the options to vandalize. It would just put a few ugly lines across it. In order for gree to do this, there would have to be a gold cost though. The victim would have to spend game cash to clean it, or just leave it. Maybe it takes away 5% of the payout till it is cleaned.

Now we're on to something!

Van Der Sloot
03-22-2013, 12:23 PM

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/image_zpsce3b3185.jpg

derchef
03-22-2013, 12:25 PM
http://notestomymuses.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/reunion.jpg

buddylee
03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
You can already do vandalism by posting on comment walls. If you can't retaliate against someone for whatever reason (you're too weak, rival has $0 IPH, rival is always too beat up, rival always collects on time, etc.), you can post on their comment wall. This accomplishes nothing, and neither would any form of actual hood vandalism unless you could do it anonymously... Because doing "stuff" like that is sure to get your name onto a few hitlists.

I tell you what - I was tagged last week on my wall. I was like, "ok, big deal". If someone had something plastered in the middle of my hood, I would take a little more notice to it; it would burn a little more. Anonymous - yeah, I could see that, but I would think there are some individuals who would post vandalism to peoples hoods, regardless of who it offended or what hitlist it had them put on.

buddylee
03-22-2013, 12:45 PM
BL: A simpler idea. If we are allowed this in concept, no defacing their hood. Simply pay Gree dollars or Gree gold to change their Avatar's appearance using Gree's set of features Harmless but gets the point across. Also if they are that strong and attack frequently they won't know who did it or how many times it was done!

How's that...a coding change..more money for Gree...and harmless to all. Heck they may even take it as a badge of honor a screwed up body/clothing meaning they are a PVP terror.

Yeah, there are many ways they could go about this. Your suggestion seems more anonymous and it's making gree some gold. Not bad.

buddylee
03-22-2013, 12:51 PM

Yeah, Bala, but people are already doing that on Walls. Like I said, if there are some parameters in which this is done, it could be pretty classy. Horse head in a bed...It could work.

Issaquah
03-22-2013, 03:12 PM
for 5 gems you can 'paint' a building with a choice from a list and it delays payout by an hour or 2 'to clean up'. With how closely some watch their building payouts, it could really mess someone up.

k0de
03-22-2013, 05:37 PM
I can understand why people might like the idea of this, but as I see it, it's pointless adding a feature which has no strategic implication whatsoever. It offers no value to the 'vandal' other than perhaps some short-lived, hollow satisfaction- the same type you'd get from 5hit-talking on someone's wall after they've stomped on you 10-0 and hit both your NCs.
As for the re-coding or whatever which such a feature would necessitate, I can't remember Gree issuing a bug fix update that solved an issue without causing another one. Even implementing a long-standing, functionally sound feature from one game into another sees support flooded with over 9000 tickets within twenty minutes of going live. I'd be furious to have half of my buildings suddenly disappear for four days (a not altogether unreasonable scenario, given past form) because some gimp wanted to be clever and "get square" with me.
I'm all for new elements which enhance gameplay or add depth to the game (the various events, modifier items, syndicate play) but I'd be inclined to pass on anything not related to the strategy of play.

for 5 gems you can 'paint' a building with a choice from a list and it delays payout by an hour or 2 'to clean up'. With how closely some watch their building payouts, it could really mess someone up.
If I understand you correctly, you're saying you'd be prepared to spend cold, hard, IRL cash to be a minor nuisance to someone. Don't take this personally, but that does sound just a little bit sad, compared to, say, just sucking it up, changing your tampon and getting on with the game.

buddylee
03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=k0de;659090]I can understand why people might like the idea of this, but as I see it, it's pointless adding a feature which has no strategic implication whatsoever. It offers no value to the 'vandal' other than perhaps some short-lived, hollow satisfaction- the same type you'd get from 5hit-talking on someone's wall after they've stomped on you 10-0 and hit both your NCs.
As for the re-coding or whatever which such a feature would necessitate, I can't remember Gree issuing a bug fix update that solved an issue without causing another one. Even implementing a long-standing, functionally sound feature from one game into another sees support flooded with over 9000 tickets within twenty minutes of going live. I'd be furious to have half of my buildings suddenly disappear for four days (a not altogether unreasonable scenario, given past form) because some gimp wanted to be clever and "get square" with me.
I'm all for new elements which enhance gameplay or add depth to the game (the various events, modifier items, syndicate play) but I'd be inclined to pass on anything not related to the strategy of play.

Kode, Have you been on this forum long? This place is littered with "short-lived, hollow satisfaction" plugs posted on 99% of the threads here. That's incentive right there. Transition that to CC and you have, well, the walls. All I'm saying is put some style to it; have a little fun. Is it strategic? No, but I would also say the majority of walls posts that happen on a daily basis hold no strategic value. It's just someone wanting to talk smack, and they occur on a pretty frequent basis. Do you have to put gold costs on it? Who knows. Who cares. People are just floating ideas here. But it's a forum and people are free to float whether they like an idea or not. No harm no foul. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life. :p

Plumbernick9
03-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Dumb idea. Rethink it broski...