PDA

View Full Version : New Android Update fails to load on some devices.

Agent Orange
03-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Just had one of my Android tablets loose it's copy of MW. The automatic update was failing to load so I figured I'd do what I normally do with the phone when the automatic updates fail and that is to uninstall and then reinstall the app.

NOPE, now when trying to download the app from the Playstore it just tells me the download has failed! So if you are having problems with the latest update on your Android device it might be wise NOT to uninstall the application!!

If I can figure out the work around I will post it here.

Dudebot121256
03-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Just had one of my Android tablets loose it's copy of MW. The automatic update was failing to load so I figured I'd do what I normally do with the phone when the automatic updates fail and that is to uninstall and then reinstall the app.

NOPE, now when trying to download the app from the Playstore it just tells me the download has failed! So if you are having problems with the latest update on your Android device it might be wise NOT to uninstall the application!!

If I can figure out the work around I will post it here.Thanks for the warning. I hope you can get your game back.

Agent Orange
03-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks, so far no luck and to make matters worse on the other Android tablet it is now crashing worse then the phone. Definitely not a good idea downloading if up till now things were working ok.....

Dudebot121256
03-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Thanks, so far no luck and to make matters worse on the other Android tablet it is now crashing worse then the phone. Definitely not a good idea downloading if up till now things were working ok.....Do you know of any way I can send you my downloaded game through bluestacks?

Milspec1
03-21-2013, 09:08 PM
it's VERY bad completely disappeared off my home screen, disappeared out of my apps

play says it's installed though and i can hit open from play and it runs

Oceanz
03-21-2013, 09:20 PM
a couple things:

- i've had apps fail to install on my android tablet, but if i try it a few more times, it usually installs eventually...its an HP Touchpad thats not supposed to have android on it anyway, so i don't know if thats part of it, but eventually app updates will install

- the last couple updates to the app have removed the icon from my homescreen, but i was able to go to my full list of apps and just add it back

Agent Orange
03-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Ok, finally got it installed late last night. I did several things at the same time so not sure which one was the cure.

Went through all apps on internal memory and deleted most. Freed up a GB of space.

Discovered an anti virus app, shut it down.

In system restore/ update force a restart.

Tried from home, seems our firewall at work may have blocked the download but not Playstore access.

Finally got it loaded, but it is more crash prone then the last version.....