PDA

View Full Version : Adding more sea units is decreasing my stats ???

Djjazzc
03-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Hi hope someone can tell me the answer. One of our faction members has started to increase his sea units for more powerfull ones. But for some reason his stats are decreasing. Does anybody know why this is happening. ??

Web323
03-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Is the player under a UK flag? Also depending on the bonuses in your faction they might be replacing units that are better with the bonuses than the ones he is buying.

Dudebot121256
03-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Yep, could be bonuses.

Let's say he has 10 sea units with 20 attack, 20 defense and a 50% increase in stats for sea units. He only sees the 20 attack and 20 defense part so he says "hm, I should buy better units". He then buys 10 air units with 22 attack and 21 defense. Since the bonus of 50% stat increase is on sea units only, he loses that. In the end, he ends up losing attack even though he buys stronger units.

Djjazzc
03-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Sorry he is replacing his sea units with stronger sea units. But stats are falling. ??? Sorry am I being stupid here. :(

spitfire
03-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Every cash unit I but decreases my stats. B52 bomber reduces def by 3 points and attack by 1 and no cash unit increases anything anymore. Ticket hasn't been answered for 3 weeks now. GREE ignoring my ticket as always.

hoho
03-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Yep, could be bonuses.

Let's say he has 10 sea units with 20 attack, 20 defense and a 50% increase in stats for sea units. He only sees the 20 attack and 20 defense part so he says "hm, I should buy better units". He then buys 10 air units with 22 attack and 21 defense. Since the bonus of 50% stat increase is on sea units only, he loses that. In the end, he ends up losing attack even though he buys stronger units.

interesting... were the bonuses applied first on top of the raw stats prior to unit selection for battle ?

Dudebot121256
03-21-2013, 06:12 PM
interesting... were the bonuses applied first on top of the raw stats prior to unit selection for battle ?Before he bought them? No. The stats I wrote were the raw stats.

hoho
03-21-2013, 06:42 PM
sorry, perhaps i introduce a different topic in this thread....
using similar example, lets say he can only bring 10 units and he has 10 sea units with 20 attack, 20 defense and a 50% increase in stats for sea units.

and when he buys 10 air units with 22 attack and 21 defense :

a. if the bonuses were applied first, the sea unit stat would have increased say 30. and the sea unit will remain in the top selection for battle.
or
b. if bonuses were not applied first, the air unit will be selected and replace the sea unit for battle

any idea ?

Dudebot121256
03-21-2013, 06:45 PM
sorry, perhaps i introduce a different topic in this thread....
using similar example, lets say he can only bring 10 units and he has 10 sea units with 20 attack, 20 defense and a 50% increase in stats for sea units.

and when he buys 10 air units with 22 attack and 21 defense :

a. if the bonuses were applied first, the sea unit stat would have increased say 30. and the sea unit will remain in the top selection for battle.
or
b. if bonuses were not applied first, the air unit will be selected and replace the sea unit for battle

any idea ?Hmm, perhaps you're right. I'm not sure which unit would be picked.

What?
03-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Leave the game and come back. I noticed this too when I bought 2 sea units my defense actually went down. Then I left and came back and my stats increased from where it was.

Matt Thornton
03-21-2013, 10:39 PM
you only bring the stongest units to battle.If you are buying units with lower stats they should not make it into your top 2000. your stats will only go down if you lose units.Please correct me if i am wrong.

Ascent
03-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Three things:

1.) The game does not keep track of stats in real time. I noticed this, when losing units my stats did not change, or buying units my stats did not change. Restarting the game refreshes the stats. Also noticed, that you can get a refresh without restarting if you buy a different type of unit (I was buying valor units and saw no change, then I bight one cash unit and the stats refreshed). So this is one phenomenon. If he happened to buy a bunch of units and then saw the stats drop, it could simply be the game catching up with prior losses and refreshing the stats now.

2.) before this update, Inoticed that every time I exit and restart the game, my stats change up or down randomly, sometimes by as much as 20-30 points. This happens without me buying or losing units, being attacked or anything. I simply exit, restart and my stats are up by 10, exit restart and they are down by 20. I do this 10 times in a minute and I get ten different stats. I haven't tried since the update yet, we shall see.

3.) If however, you are actually checking (refreshing) stats after each individual unit purchase and you see your total dropping then I could imagine what was mentioned above - the game choosing which units make it into the 2000 based on raw stats and then applying the bonuses. This would definitely be such a stupid way to do it, that it has Gree written all over it.

Seriously, every time they implement something they manage to do it in the stupidest way possible.