PDA

View Full Version : New Update stops hackers

calvin98
03-21-2013, 02:47 PM
I have a friend who has managed to hack modern war with a jailbroken device and he has told me that the new update prevents him from doing so. This could be a big improvement to the game and help out fair players. thoughts?

Dry
03-21-2013, 02:48 PM
I have to say ,, you have good friends

Dudebot121256
03-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Good, keep the hackers out.

calvin98
03-21-2013, 02:51 PM
I have to say ,, you have good friends

lol he doesnt even play the game. he only got it to see if his hacks work and he quit. i asked him to check if it still work after the update so i can inform people on the forums. he delated the game after he checked for me. so yes i do have good friends, thanks

Dry
03-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Had a boy,,,

calvin98
03-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Hopefully we can b clean for a little bit

JMS
03-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Hopefully it eliminated his previous hacks too?

calvin98
03-21-2013, 03:30 PM
No it didn't, sadly, he had 2 villas and they r still there

Dubzlife
03-21-2013, 03:31 PM
About time they passed it up… I've been running into guys with 8 million defense more and more often

hoho
03-21-2013, 05:59 PM
hacking is timeless and can only be more creative.

"ask yourself: how safe do you feel ?" (M - 007)

Sok82
03-21-2013, 06:08 PM
I hope the update takes care of this. My faction was recently infiltrated by hackers. They created accounts for the sole purpose of sneaking into our group, then donated enormous sums of money and concrete. They they reported the group to Gree, who immediately shut it down.

I believe there are entire factions of hackers who use the time off between wars to sneak into factions and bring them down. Until Gree allows officers to review players' stats before accepting them, there's no way to prevent this from continuing. Our group saved billions for massive upgrades, and it was all gone in one night.

Rayda
03-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Lots of crap is written about hacking and this thread is pretty full of it.

There are exploits and there are hacks.

Exploits are things like the health on the boss events where as long as you got a bit of health, you can make a full attack. We all use it, we dont feel dirty because of it. But its a back end flaw.

Hacks are a different matter and can be largely prevented. While its going to be really difficult to hack into the backend servers, this game allowed the the front end (your app) to tell it what happened in many circumstances. This allowed the hackers to alter what was sent to the server and the server just accepted those changes.

The problem with this game are the hacks been really basic. For a start no respectable multi-player game trust what the app sends it. The app should only be instructions , not results. Eg "I am attacking bad man on the base" vs "attacking the bad man on the base is worth $10000000 and at a cost of 1 energy".

Most of this stuff is preventable if you not a newbie at this type of stuff.

JMS
03-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Sorry to hear that but they are rampant. Just saw one level 112. No blgs, all lead soldiers, no missions or attacks, rank 1. 200k a/d

lovercraft family
03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
I hope the update takes care of this. My faction was recently infiltrated by hackers. They created accounts for the sole purpose of sneaking into our group, then donated enormous sums of money and concrete. They they reported the group to Gree, who immediately shut it down.

I believe there are entire factions of hackers who use the time off between wars to sneak into factions and bring them down. Until Gree allows officers to review players' stats before accepting them, there's no way to prevent this from continuing. Our group saved billions for massive upgrades, and it was all gone in one night.I'm not too sure about officers reviewing stats in ModernWar. But I do know as a fact that in Crime City you cab definitely view the member whos requesting to join by simply tappijg their name. It's pretty useful in some cases.

mxz
03-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Now they just need to force people to use the newest update...

manbeast
03-21-2013, 08:15 PM
"my friend".... Ssuuuurrreeee :P

LeBarticus
03-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Hahah manbeast I was thinking the same thing.

This friend doesn't happen to be... You is it? ;)

Wufnu
03-21-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm not too sure about officers reviewing stats in ModernWar. But I do know as a fact that in Crime City you cab definitely view the member whos requesting to join by simply tappijg their name. It's pretty useful in some cases.

It's SUPPOSED to work that way and in fact says so on the request page, but it doesn't.

Archer59
03-21-2013, 09:19 PM
It's SUPPOSED to work that way and in fact says so on the request page, but it doesn't.Dowloaded update tonight and now I can checkout members requesting to join.

Sok82
03-22-2013, 07:40 AM
That's great news! Thanks, Archer...and THANKS GREE!

ohwhatafinish
03-22-2013, 07:50 AM
I have noticed there are hardly any players with large amounts of cash today. Only the players that I've seen on my rival list for the last year are still around. Was there that many of them?

anonymousMW
03-22-2013, 08:06 AM
I would say on the contrary, has exploded the number of hacker. Will be about 15% / 20%. No need to be hacker to use some bug(s). In IOS is still double Click(s) on map for missions in android crashes. you can make a few million quickly. LOW can earn units, very quickly.