PDA

View Full Version : Finally proof that casualty reduction items are broken

procsyzarc
03-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Noticed since update cas have gone up a lot but didn't worry too much but just looked at bonuses and have noticed some item increase casualties instead of decreasing them.

My casualty modifiers

Building -18%
Faction -5%
Black Dragon fighter +20%
Black Shark Helicopter +2%
Desert Night Watchman +10%

Please fix this would explain why casualty modifiers seem useless since some actually increase not decrease the rate. Wonder how many thousands of units i have lost that i shouldn't have?

Web323
03-21-2013, 02:43 PM
That looks pretty painful, I have yet to see what it has done to mine.

CJ54
03-21-2013, 03:34 PM
We just checked the actual data in response to this and in the part where it is pulling for the actual calculation, everything is correct and all the same (no positive/negative value weirdness there). So there's some kind of display bug that is causing some of them to show up as positive in the stat view. We don't know why yet.

Again though, confirmed that none of them are actually adding to casualty rate in the calculation.

Web323
03-21-2013, 03:52 PM
I have the same issue but thanks CJ for letting us know it is not actually doing that.

Dry
03-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Welcome back cj ,, I missed you

Ryans67
03-21-2013, 05:13 PM
I pm'ed CJ that exact data two weeks ago. Must not of gotten the message?...:

Q Raider
03-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Still doesn't explain this.

Black Shark Helicopter +2% Rate
Black Dragon Fighter +20% Rate

Casualty Reduction indicated in the "Total Bonus" screen -17%

The reduction from the Infirmary reads correctly at -14%

This is the game which experienced the jump in casualties when the phantom faction correction update went through.

Brummied
03-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi CJ 54

I respectfully disagree, ever since the ops jet pilot unit arrived in my squad I have suffered the reverse effect of the professed 20% reduction bonus, I can evidence this for you in maths in one instant, if I was actually getting a reduction to casualty rate then +4 casualties couldn't possibly take place on an iOS device! Yet it's happened to me! As have regular +3 casualties wen comparing this to friends battle results without the unit it very clear I've suffered an increase in casualty since the arrival of the unit. This is what sparked my arrival on the forums, my first ever post being a complaint of casualties, then being a bit green I didn't fully understand the cause! Please please please remove the unit from my inventory... Anything would be better than a few more month of inexplicable casualties and constant replacement of lost units! Better yet fix it! But please until it is fix I wish for this indestructible unit to be destroyed!

We just checked the actual data in response to this and in the part where it is pulling for the actual calculation, everything is correct and all the same (no positive/negative value weirdness there). So there's some kind of display bug that is causing some of them to show up as positive in the stat view. We don't know why yet.

Again though, confirmed that none of them are actually adding to casualty rate in the calculation.

bbprofitz
03-21-2013, 06:41 PM
yeah i respectfully disagree here. i have had the level 5 infirmary building for a 10% casualty reduction for a while now, but have not noticed any type of reduction. on any given raid/fight, i would lose multiple units.

then i get the desert night watchman faction prize unit (with another 10% casualty reduction) and i immediately notice a HUGE difference. since getting this unit, i only lose a unit here or there in raids/fights.

just seems real odd that hundreds of people have questioned the infirmary's effectiveness, then on this update it shows up differently than the other casualty reduction boosts.

TEG
03-21-2013, 07:20 PM
The faction bonus shows as a positive number, but the infirmary reduction as a negative.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x453/tgriner2/casualty2_zps308cd6eb.jpg

Some members of our faction claim to suffer abnormally large casualty rates.

Infirmary reduction:
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x453/tgriner2/inf1_zps64fc5b3e.jpg

Faction reduction:
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x453/tgriner2/bonus1_zpsc6482360.jpg

I thought maybe that the faction screen said +20% before I did the app update...

Not sure how the -9% can show up as +20% like that...

Perhaps the screen should label as "infirmary casualty reduction" and "faction casualty reduction" instead of just two lines both saying casualty rate...

D10cher
03-21-2013, 08:15 PM
I disagree that their isn't an issue with the casualty rate reduction as well. Over the past several days I lose valor and high level units like the transport raider faster than I can replace them. I have a total of 20% casualty reduction. -10% from infirmary and -10% from the Desert Night Watchmen. My attack is 101k and I just attacked a target who's defense was 55k less than my offense and I lost the following units in 10 attacks.

2 elite ops helicopter
1 hardened marine
1 expert attack drone
1 transport raider
1 stealth boat

This is very common over the past several days. It's at a point where I have to stop fighting, other wise I continue to get weaker because I can't replace the units fast enough.

Please fix this issue.

manbeast
03-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Also respectfully disagree.

When I got my black dragon fighter my casualties, without a doubt, Increased by 20% instead of decreasing. Before I got the BDF my max casualties per battle always 4. Immediately after receiving it I consistently got 5 casualties per battle.

Ascent
03-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Look CJ,

This is an excellent opportunity for you to teach the developers some humility.

Maybe next time you get hundreds of players saying something is not right, you will not simply believe the "omniscient" developers that we are all just hallucinating and that it is impossible that there is a problem with the code.

Frankly I have no idea how such a mess with the "displaying" of the bonuses even passed the test. I mean if even the display is wrong, who tested it even deeper whether it actually functions right?

DunkNL
03-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Same problem here, my Elite Ops Helicopters, Hardened Marines and (especially!) Expert Attack Drones are dropping every single attack!

NakedCherryPie
03-22-2013, 02:44 AM
"Respectfully" agree with CJ. I haven't lost a unit in months.

Taz26DK
03-22-2013, 04:04 AM
I had the "deadly jet pilot" for about a year, witch should decrease casualties by 20%, but i never experienced any reduction, I was just happy and thought it was even worse for others.
I lose units when i attack people with stats 5 times lower than mine!

If there is a problem, I hope that developers will consider a way to make it up for one year of losses, this could be one or more of the following: Extra reduction, higher stats of unit, valor or cash!

Alpha dog
03-22-2013, 06:28 AM
I had the "deadly jet pilot" for about a year, witch should decrease casualties by 20%, but i never experienced any reduction, I was just happy and thought it was even worse for others.
I lose units when i attack people with stats 5 times lower than mine!

If there is a problem, I hope that developers will consider a way to make it up for one year of losses, this could be one or more of the following: Extra reduction, higher stats of unit, valor or cash!

You forgot 'Gold' lol, that would be a good compensation.

I also see that i have a casualty rate of +13% as well as a casualty rate of -14% that i guess is from my infirmary lv 7.

So because i have a casualty rate from the following units

Desert Night Watchman +10% casualty rate

Ops Jet Pilot +20% casualty rate

Black Shark Helicopter +2%

making a total of +32%

minus the -14% from infirmary

= +18%

yet it says +13%, I just don't understand.

Can we please have a bit of clarity here for us not so great at maths ones in our midst, I would really appreciate it for one.

Don't get me wrong, the new update is great and its nice to see all the bonuses individually and faction wise, really nice touch. But if these bonuses have been or are working against us, can we at least have it fixed.

Brummied
03-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Lol now that would be an achievement I desire greatly, losing indestructible ops jet for instance! Would equate to your experience of a lost unit! Things will have really gone wrong when golden armies get decimated...I hope for that never to happen! As mine is under construction still...

"Respectfully" agree with CJ. I haven't lost a unit in months.

TEG
03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Assuming that "boosts" that give you more should be positive, and "reductions" that lower should be negative, I see these other "reductions" incorrectly listed as positive in my individual bonuses:

Ops Jet Pilot: +20% Casualty Rate
Desert Night Watchman: +10% Casualty Rate
Glacier Patrol: +3% Building Upgrade Time

Tactical Striker says "+1% Alliance Attack", but I only ever see 2000 units used in battle.

Pharos Submarine says "+1 Energy Regen"... Does that mean one extra energy unit per time interval?

TEG
03-22-2013, 10:07 AM
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x453/tgriner2/bl_zps13e37112.jpg

raider
03-22-2013, 11:44 AM
hmm, i see what you mean.... :-(

Brummied
03-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Hi Teg,

Skipping to the last first, yes +4 energy per time(used to be +3), next up I was expecting to see 2020 perfect vision unit count as well but maybe just a maths addition +1% overall attack added, the building time could be wrong and well you've heard the rest from me...

Assuming that "boosts" that give you more should be positive, and "reductions" that lower should be negative, I see these other "reductions" incorrectly listed as positive in my individual bonuses:

Ops Jet Pilot: +20% Casualty Rate
Desert Night Watchman: +10% Casualty Rate
Glacier Patrol: +3% Building Upgrade Time

Tactical Striker says "+1% Alliance Attack", but I only ever see 2000 units used in battle.

Pharos Submarine says "+1 Energy Regen"... Does that mean one extra energy unit per time interval?

Thenoob
03-22-2013, 05:42 PM
I have never really experienced an kind of losses so I never bothered upgrade my med Biulding. But other faction members are loosening up to five units at once and that's what I don't understand two members have the same stats as me and loose up to 5 units each time they fight. So there is something going on I loose one unit maybe every 30-60 attacks.

Thenoob
03-22-2013, 05:45 PM
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x453/tgriner2/bl_zps13e37112.jpg

Lmao. ^ this is so true

Madcowdave
03-25-2013, 03:18 PM
My casualty is way up when raiding boost or defense buildings. i lose 1-3 units every time (no exceptions) even when my attack is 50X as high as the rival. I think I'm at around 40-50% indestructibles now and most losses are loot and valor units.

My casualty is normal when raiding money buildings, so it's only an issue when I want to attack a boost building or blackout a base.

procsyzarc
03-25-2013, 03:33 PM
My casualty is way up when raiding boost or defense buildings. i lose 1-3 units every time (no exceptions) even when my attack is 50X as high as the rival. I think I'm at around 40-50% indestructibles now and most losses are loot and valor units.

My casualty is normal when raiding money buildings, so it's only an issue when I want to attack a boost building or blackout a base.
That is by design in all Gree games raiding non money buildings causes huge casualties, can only assume to discourage people from doing it

TEG
03-25-2013, 03:44 PM
For whatever reason, I can attack defense buildings in MW with almost never losing a unit.
In Monster Quest, and Kingdom Age, I even bump up against a defense building an I lose a bunch.
Mistook the blacksmith in KA for a money building too many times than I care to remember.
MQ makes it easy to attack the wrong building by mistake.

TEG
03-28-2013, 12:05 PM
In my profile total bonuses, I currently see:

Health Regen: -1%
Energy Regen: +1%

When I look at Indivudual units related to these I see:

Deadly Bridge Jumper: +20% Health Regen
Paros Submarine: +1 Energy Regen

I don't see how these make sense and correlate.

TEG
03-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Well, I see claims it is a display error, but "under the hood" things are supposedly working better...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?49852-PLEASE-Delay-China!-Health-Regen-Bonus-screwy-with-LTQ-prize!&p=670447&viewfull=1#post670447

QA took a poke at this yesterday just to double-check functionality, and it checked out. Likewise the devs took another look at the data for the items. There's some display error in the client that is making it show up wonky on the bonus screen, and we're going to have a fix for that in a binary as soon as we can so it isn't confusing and/or terrifying.

AdamInToronto
03-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Infirmary reduction:
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x453/tgriner2/inf1_zps64fc5b3e.jpg

Doesn't anyone see the problem here? There is a double-negative here. If I want to "lower" something, I would lower it by a positive value. For example, "I lowered my account balance by 100 dollars, now I have less money". If I were to "increase" something, I would also use a positive value. "I increased my account by 100 dollars, now I have more money". Using a negative number, obviously, produces the reverse effect. "I lowered my account by -100 dollars, now I have... wait for it... more money!"
Thus, it should be blatantly obvious that if you "lower" the casualty rate by a negative value, you are actually "increasing" it. Duh!

Nice trickery by Gree :) Very slick.

WhatUSmokin?
03-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Casualties in this event are ridiculous - I raid defense or unit buildings and lose 3-4 units per attack. On rival 60k lower defense stats - with level 9 infirmary, other boosts as well. Really Gree? Hit a guard tower on a guy with 10k stats and lose 10-15 units ??

britton
03-29-2013, 06:48 AM
I noticed an increase back in January during WD Brazil when the last update came out.
Now I've got those casualty reduction units as well with high cost units and valor units that are ultra high cost.

Fix the casualty issue.

The mantra is the customers always right.

However the customer is not always right but they are never wrong.

2nd dan
03-29-2013, 06:58 AM
I'm in the same boat the amount of units iv lost is unreal!! Iv lost almost 15k attack and def aswell as spending 20k valor units just to replace the ones iv lost that's an unreal amount!!