PDA

View Full Version : Update: Battle for Dragon's Roost date has changed

GREE Official Updates
03-19-2013, 11:18 AM
The Battle for Dragon's Roost is expected to begin on March 29th at 12 PM PDT and will end on April 3rd 12 PM PDT.

Guilds are closing in to claim Dragon's Roost. Use the days ahead to plan your strategy. Who will claim it?

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/DragonsRoostMap2_zps976ade6a.png

Winstrol
03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
" plan your strategy " there's no strategy involved in that event ;). Just stupid clicking while buying gems

willb125
03-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Starting it on Good Friday? Really?

VileDoom
03-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Oh my... The same weekend as MW's WD event?

RandomUser
03-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Over a religious holiday weekend for a significant portion of the world? Who was the brains behind this decision?

boardgames rule
03-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Wow bad idea gree same time as MW. U will lose alot of $$$. Cuase some of us play both.

Acidist
03-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Hmm not good idea.i hope this is only a april joke and u change it to this weekend.
KA and MW on the same time + eastern weekend, where the most people have not so much time to play( i am speaking here for me)
Thanks, when u change it back again:cool:

Acidist
03-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Maybe we should vote for the battle on the forum.Who will this week and who the next.

Zenobia
03-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Wow - so a while ago I had plans for this weekend. When the announcement was made the war would begin this weekend, I rearranged my plans to go next weekend instead. Now, you change the battle date last minute to next weekend. Really? REALLY? Half a week before it was set to start you yank the rug out? Do I try to change my plans back to this weekend? Or do I no longer trust Gree to have a clue what they are doing and maybe can make no plans at all until the battle actually starts? How much warning will we get? Will the next announcement be, "Oh, change of plans - Battle for Dragon's Roost starts in 10 minutes."?

Not to mention that while I am not religious, I have a lot of respect those who are. Gree, you apparently do not. Changing the timing last minute to fall on a major holiday weekend when a LOT of players are going to want to spend a significant amount of time, Friday through Sunday, with family and at religious observances - that is SO not cool.

Fkof
03-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Wow - so a while ago I had plans for this weekend. When the announcement was made the war would begin this weekend, I rearranged my plans to go next weekend instead. Now, you change the battle date last minute to next weekend. Really? REALLY? Half a week before it was set to start you yank the rug out? Do I try to change my plans back to this weekend? Or do I no longer trust Gree to have a clue what they are doing and maybe can make no plans at all until the battle actually starts? How much warning will we get? Will the next announcement be, "Oh, change of plans - Battle for Dragon's Roost starts in 10 minutes."?

Not to mention that while I am not religious, I have a lot of respect those who are. Gree, you apparently do not. Changing the timing last minute to fall on a major holiday weekend when a LOT of players are going to want to spend a significant amount of time, Friday through Sunday, with family and at religious observances - that is SO not cool.

Couldn't agree more, though I'm intrigued for them to leave it for 3/29, because it will be a major win for the players who will refuse to spend double the money and will choose a game and a huge kick in the nut$ for GreeD. Nice way to wrap up their fiscal year.

Gambit12
03-19-2013, 01:03 PM
The Battle for Dragon's Roost is expected to begin on March 29th. The exact starting time will be announced at another time.

Guilds are closing in to claim Dragon's Roost. Use the days ahead to plan your strategy. Who will claim it?

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/DragonsRoostMap2_zps976ade6a.png

What!? We can't go to war at the same time as MW in china event. You should push the MW china event instead of the same time. I have only 1 IP for 2 apps, i can't go back & forth just to fight war at the same time. That's ridiculously non sense & insane. C'mon Gree do something about this & make an adjustment ASAP, PLEASE...

Proprioc3ption
03-19-2013, 01:10 PM
That is ridiculous! No way you can't change the Date now players have already prepared and planed for this weekend...NOT gonna. Happen GREE very annoyed!
People Have most likely made plans for the long weekend of Easter, this is just not acceptable.

Dexter Morgan
03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Worst weekend to have this event. Why gree? And many of us play mw so that only compounds the issue here. If you can't do it this weekend push it back to the first weekend of April

LordB
03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
We basically lose half our Guild, who are more dedicated to MW (top 10 faction)

This is nonsense. I used to be (until now) a solid $200 a month player. If this goes ahead and the Guild I've been working on is cut in half, then I will be come a $0 a month player.

Actually that might not be a bad thing for me :-)

Sort it out, Gree. Yu can't do both at the same time

Proprioc3ption
03-19-2013, 01:25 PM
THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!
2 days before the event you go and pull this stunt.
NOT HAPPY AT ALL!

This time listen to your customers... Because if you don't, you'll loose many

dragonfotch
03-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Gree, all you are going to do is lose $$, MW or KA players, doesn’t matter. If you are going to push the date back, it would be in your shareholders best interests to start on April 5th if you are unable to make the wars start as planned. If your marketing director is college educated, they should ask for a refund.

spectra
03-19-2013, 01:32 PM
REMEMBER PEOPLE

GREEd PROBABLY HAS A MARCH 31ST QUARTER END AND THEIR REVENUES HAVE NOT MET THE ANALYST EXPECTATION, SO THEY NEED TO MILK PLAYERS OUT OF HAS MUCH REAL CASH AS THEY CAN BEFORE THE END OF MARCH

THAT IS WHY YOU WILL HAVE MW AND KA EVENTS AT THE SAME TIME, GREEd IS DESPERATE TO GENERATE REVENUES BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH

Dogs Pizza
03-19-2013, 01:34 PM
This is nonsense. Why would you try to run two events at the same time? I spend about $400 a month on this game and you guys prove time and again you don't care about the players. Running them at the same time on a holiday weekend none the less...? Just dumb.

LordB
03-19-2013, 01:41 PM
REMEMBER PEOPLE

GREEd PROBABLY HAS A MARCH 31ST QUARTER END AND THEIR REVENUES HAVE NOT MET THE ANALYST EXPECTATION, SO THEY NEED TO MILK PLAYERS OUT OF HAS MUCH REAL CASH AS THEY CAN BEFORE THE END OF MARCH

THAT IS WHY YOU WILL HAVE MW AND KA EVENTS AT THE SAME TIME, GREEd IS DESPERATE TO GENERATE REVENUES BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH

Well they just lost the $100 revenue i was going to spend tonight to complete Patrickus II. I'm on gem spending strike. :)

Fkof
03-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Well they just lost the $100 revenue i was going to spend tonight to complete Patrickus II. I'm on gem spending strike. :)

Same dilema LB...not buying a mountain anytime soon...no LTQ push...nothing.

Jixx
03-19-2013, 02:20 PM
this is one of the dumbest business decisions i've seen gree make as of yet, this means several thousands loss for KA, possibly more for MW.

DragCro
03-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Can you push the event the week after the eastern lots of people can't play it because of the festivity and they are with they families.Thank you

Kuursed
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Really? The first guild war and you are now scheduling it on a week-end when many of us are going out of town to be with family??? Very poor choice :/

Humpty
03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Shift the WAR week before or after

Matt Sabre
03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
If there's any chance that the powers at Gree could reconsider the timing, that would be fantastic. Easter is a pretty big holiday in Europe, don't think it's the best time to have the event. Plus - changing the date a few days before the expected date is really poor timing and planning.

MistaMasta
03-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Kingdom Slayers ( 727-429-497 ) Welcomes You,

No Minimum Requirements, No Considerations. Donate whatever you can miss, We dont even have to take this **** serius, Cause we will win anyways. Just relax and kick ass, no peepz can F with Us!

You may join, low levels, high levels, free players, gem players etc etc

Dont take our kindness for our weakness

Guild stats:
Members: 4
Walls: 3, upgraded to level 5
Health: 30000

Founder stats:
Level: 79
Health: 880
Attack: 53000+
Defense: 55000+
Allies: 390 - (984-977-147)
Income: 2700 an hour
Allies: 395
Units: 1185

Anybody level 1 to all, Yr Welcome,

Kingdom Slayers - 727-429-497

Greets MistaMista aka JohnnBlade

Winstrol
03-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Kingdom Slayers ( 727-429-497 ) Welcomes You,

No Minimum Requirements, No Considerations. Donate whatever you can miss, We dont even have to take this **** serius, Cause we will win anyways. Just relax and kick ass, no peepz can F with Us!

You may join, low levels, high levels, free players, gem players etc etc

Dont take our kindness for our weakness

Guild stats:
Members: 4
Walls: 3, upgraded to level 5
Health: 30000

Founder stats:
Level: 79
Health: 880
Attack: 53000+
Defense: 55000+
Allies: 390 - (984-977-147)
Income: 2700 an hour
Allies: 395
Units: 1185

Anybody level 1 to all, Yr Welcome,

Kingdom Slayers - 727-429-497

Greets MistaMista aka JohnnBlade
??????????

itsaklayton
03-19-2013, 03:52 PM
REMEMBER PEOPLEGREEd PROBABLY HAS A MARCH 31ST QUARTER END AND THEIR REVENUES HAVE NOT MET THE ANALYST EXPECTATION, SO THEY NEED TO MILK PLAYERS OUT OF HAS MUCH REAL CASH AS THEY CAN BEFORE THE END OF MARCHTHAT IS WHY YOU WILL HAVE MW AND KA EVENTS AT THE SAME TIME, GREEd IS DESPERATE TO GENERATE REVENUES BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTHPROBLEM SOLVED. I will keep my religious and family plans and my money. See you next quarter, maybe.

Dirt road Joe
03-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Your moving it to the perfect weekend for me. I work 12 hour shifts and alternate weekends and that just happens to be on my 3 day off weekend. So i will have all of friday saturday and sunday to wage war on my enemies. Well Done!
To everyone else who is complaining about it, I guarantee you guys will still spend just as much as you would if the war was this weekend. Simply because you guys couldnt bear falling behind everyone else.
I really dont see what the big problem is. Attack on MW your four hits and then come to KA and hit your four hits. If your a gem spender work in some extra hits in there. When you have a 1 hour war period i dont see what the big problem is. There is plenty of time to transition between games. Stop trying to complain to Gree just to mold things in your favor. Feedback is great, ranting is not.

Perfuzzie
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Over a religious holiday weekend for a significant portion of the world? Who was the brains behind this decision?

obviously GREE !! but i dont see any brains there ... take it as a good thing for the players... they`re gonna save some $$ .

Zenobia
03-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Does it strike anyone else as ironic that the game that wants to change its name to "Kingdom Crusades" is simultaneously making it so that practicing Christians are at a HUGE disadvantage in the first crusade?

Do TPTB have no concept of what this is going to do to guilds who have players that were going to be present full-time were the crusade this weekend, but now will have players there like half that time, and in our case, one of our strongest players not able to participate AT ALL because of the last-second change in start date? It's tantamount to persecuting Christians! It means anyone who has no practicing Christians (as in, celebrates Easter over many masses / family gatherings / etc. over the course of Friday - Sunday) in their guild get a HUGE advantage over us.

I think we all would MUCH rather a first crusade with a few bumps in the road (which would be expected in any case), on the dates we have planned for, than one that (perhaps) runs a little more smoothly but punishes Christians for no apparent reason.

Zenobia
03-19-2013, 04:30 PM
To everyone else who is complaining about it, I guarantee you guys will still spend just as much as you would if the war was this weekend. Simply because you guys couldnt bear falling behind everyone else.

Not true. At all. Many members of my guild, and I'm sure my guild is not the only one, have numerous family and religious obligations next weekend that do not occur any other weekend of the year. To participate next weekend as they could this weekend would be to shun family gathered for the occasion AND to ignore their religious obligations. It's not the same AT ALL. It is going to make a huge difference in what guilds do well in this battle. It mean the more Christian your guild, the less chances, MUCH less chances, you will have to score conquest points.

And as a guild officer, what am I to do? Kick people out for being Christian so we have a chance? Obviously not. Instead, our guild will do a lot less well because of this unexplained last-second change. You BET I'm going to complain about it. It is tantamount to punishing guild for having Christians in them.

MistaMasta
03-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Not true. At all. Many members of my guild, and I'm sure my guild is not the only one, have numerous family and religious obligations next weekend that do not occur any other weekend of the year. To participate next weekend as they could this weekend would be to shun family gathered for the occasion AND to ignore their religious obligations. It's not the same AT ALL. It is going to make a huge difference in what guilds do well in this battle. It mean the more Christian your guild, the less chances, MUCH less chances, you will have to score conquest points.

And as a guild officer, what am I to do? Kick people out for being Christian so we have a chance? Obviously not. Instead, our guild will do a lot less well because of this unexplained last-second change. You BET I'm going to complain about it. It is tantamount to punishing guild for having Christians in them.

Weird ****,

Anybody may join Kingdom Slayers, we don't care about believes, everybody is welcome, and can play anytime you want to.

Free to join, free to leave thats all

Jhoemel
03-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Wow. I wll have 4 battles in that date. Please move it forward one more week

Sir Marcus
03-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Dear GREE

I won't be playing much from Good Friday to Easter Sunday. All the family events? You all should know that many people will be in this boat. We won't be spending money when we're not playing because we're at various church or family functions.

So if you want to make more money, then you ought to move the event OFF two major holiday events.

Toddiekska
03-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Dear Gree,

Similar to others, please reconsider changing the date so that it does not conflict with Easter weekend. Also, sounds like other battles for other games will happen concurrently.

Aclark
03-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Why on earth would you start on the same day the battles in Kingdom and Modern and I don't know about Crime. This is crazy. Your whole mission is money just like any other publicly traded company and you making people choose witch one they want to win the most. I won't buy gems and gold and I know there are those that will but no one with half a brain. I heard a rumor that you were starting them the same day and I said they are not stupid they won't do that. Well I guess I'm the stupid one. I will say again. This is crazy!!!!!!!

Aclark
03-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Sorry for the double post but that weekend is Good Friday and Easter for Christians unless this event is scheduled for everyone other than Christians. Does anyone in the office have a calendar? Who's bright idea was this? I know most of the faction leaders myself included asked after the last battle for more time in between for everyone to regroup rest and build back up and you actually made it a shorter amount of time and on top you are starting Kingdom and possibly Crime on the same day. You know good and well that there are quite a few that play 2 to 3 of the games and to have leaders try to schedule 2 or 3 events at the same time is insane.

Bazi
03-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Clearly someone needs to get one of those calendars with all the holidays on them so they can do a better job planning major events so that big mistakes like this don't happen ;)

I agree that pushing it out two weeks would be a good decision since the major holiday weekend is not a good idea.

howareyouboy
03-19-2013, 07:08 PM
It disappointed me a lot, since we have been prepraring for this for a long time, and we can not wait for one another week. I was planning to buy more golds, but I think I will save the money.

Ravanger
03-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Let me get this straight you are not going to play this weekend because it is Easter and all the Christians will be at church praying

Will if you were good (Christians ) you would be mad if it was on any weekend as you should be in church any way so to say this is a bad time to do this is crazy what about everyone else's out here in the world should we stopped doing anything for a holiday that would be crazy to

I think it is a good time to have this war you can have your family and friends play with you
It is going to be a good day for me because I will be off playing here unlike other weekends that I have to be working

Life is to short to complain over a day ( everyone will be here because everyone wants to see it and be in it )

Zenobia
03-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Life is to short to complain over a day ( everyone will be here because everyone wants to see it and be in it )
I will still be participating 100%. But others in my guild have religious and family obligations Friday through Sunday, which involve many more events than just a typical Sunday morning service, and pulling out of them would be highly offensive.

Rastlin
03-20-2013, 12:38 AM
Will if you were good (Christians ) you would be mad if it was on any weekend as you should be in church any way so to say this is a bad time to do this is crazy

Ummm church is only on Sunday, and for an hour. (and Sundays come 52 times a year)... Good Friday through Easter is 3 days of traveling and spending family time (and only once a year). :rolleyes:

Ms Pickles
03-20-2013, 12:39 AM
Easter war ! We should make this one a religious war like the crusades.

Proprioc3ption
03-20-2013, 01:24 AM
This banter and taking a jab at each other is pointless.
What is wrong here is the principle of the thing. 2 days out before the scheduled event was suppose to start GREE goes and changes the date. Plain wrong and inconsiderate.
Get organised! I'm almost completely over it all...

Tarsus
03-20-2013, 01:53 AM
This late change in date throws lots of the planning away. Thanks Gree!

Sir Marcus
03-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Sorry for the double post but that weekend is Good Friday and Easter for Christians unless this event is scheduled for everyone other than Christians.

And this isn't just about Christianity. At this point, basically *everybody* on this continent if not Europe as well has some form of family gathering on Easter, whether you go to church or not. And plenty of people travel over the weekend to get to distant family gatherings.

The only thing that GREE is accomplishing with this scheduling is ensuring that their financial take off this first ever KA guild event is far, far lower than it could've been. Hell, they might even lose paying players entirely over it.

Its a bad business decision that should be revisited.

Ill Spoken Of
03-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Well that makes it easy for me I was spending $100 on each domination event but I can't come up with $200 in the same week so I will have to choose and save $100.

Ill Spoken Of
03-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Well that makes it easy for me I was spending $100 on each domination event but I can't come up with $200 in the same week so I will have to choose and save $100.

goldenarchie
03-20-2013, 03:27 PM
" plan your strategy " there's no strategy involved in that event ;). Just stupid clicking while buying gems

ding ding ding ding winstrol is the winner....

flamingdragon
03-20-2013, 06:34 PM
i dont celebrate so this is a good advantage for me

DougieLittle
03-20-2013, 07:28 PM
We are looking for elite warriors and active players . .

Proprioc3ption
03-20-2013, 08:07 PM
To people who are trying to recruit...
This thread is not the place, please check recruitment threads to post this info.
Thanks

It's all a dream
03-21-2013, 05:47 AM
So instead of changing mw date you put ka guild war in the same Easter weekend. Really Gree??

Could we have an answer to why? I think we are entitled to a why. If not for us, for our families.
Also what happened to CJ?

Tarsus
03-21-2013, 08:06 AM
This appears to have become a moot point now, but regardless of the amount of strategy involved or the presence of a holiday and what it might entail, the sudden change in schedule throws individual's plans for being available to participate for many hours in an event into chaos. Let's get real for a moment. The event is part of a game with no monetary or physical reward, not part of a job or a family or community responsibility (other than your guild of course). Because of the expected time commitment for this game people have adjusted their schedules and negotiated with loved ones, possibly having to make some compromises and concessions, even going so far as to agree to visit Aunt Tilly and Uncle Ben or, worse, the in-laws on the following weekend. Now these negotiations and adjustments have to be revisited and further concessions made. Deep personal values will be further compromised and the in-laws must be appeased. Children may need attention, pets must be fed, or we risk criminal charges. All this shows that only people with no life outside this game would be unaffected by the change. In fact to say such a late change in schedule does not matter to you is to call yourself a "loser" and because of my generous love of humanity I don't believe anyone will step up and join me in making that claim.

Buckeyes7
03-21-2013, 11:01 AM
We are looking for elite warriors and active players . .

I am a lvl 122, with both attack and defense of 150k. Lvl 8 BD. 5,300+ battles won vs 269 battles lost. 15,000+ enemies defeated. I am a very active player, looking for a guild of similar strong players. 626 956 104

Angel 2
03-21-2013, 01:36 PM
I support the call to Gree to move the event. Having it in conjunction with the MW event does not make good business sense. In addition, many players (like me) will have plans for the long weekend and will not be online as much. Let us hope that sanity prevails and we get an early response announcing the move of either the MW or KA events to the following weekend...

ROCKY1
03-21-2013, 05:26 PM
MW and KA battles on the same weekend, and a holiday weekend to boot. I will not be participating in either. Gree has lost my money.

Nacon10
03-21-2013, 06:12 PM
gree is a japanese company right?

FisK
03-22-2013, 10:14 AM
The Battle for Dragon's Roost is expected to begin on March 29th. The exact starting time will be announced at another time.

What F*** are you doing!!!:mad:
Why can't you listen to your costumers???:confused:
Most of your customers have already been complaining that you place MW WD event in what weekend.
A boycott are forming from MW factions because you placed the MW WD event in this exact weekend.

GREE Why do the same mistake twice?

Why on earth are you moving the event to the biggest FAMILLY weekend!
This is Easter weekend. Time for family – NOT games!

We already warned you about MW WD event in this weekend.
GREE you already know that you will LOSE a lot of the income because no one have time for your game that weekend.

This is downright STUPID!!!
Now it is too late to start it today, so move it to the April 5th – 7th weekend a lot more paying players has time to spend their money that weekend.

I have really been looking forward to the first KA Guild event and have been preparing for it since the very first beta release with Guild and they you destroy it all my this huge mistake.
The whole addition of Guilds becomes completely meaningless if the Guild related events is placed when no one that time to play.

Thanks for some great games, but this is one of the those few kind of decision that can get me to quite completely

MOVE THE EVENT AWAY FROM EASTER WEEKEND!!!

GREE this is a very, very, VERY big disappointment!:mad:

Now I say this as politely as it can be:
Only the stupidest idiots would make this gigantic mistakes – twice.

GREE that makes you........

Shadowfax
03-22-2013, 10:23 AM
What a joke even a simpleton could figure out that this is bad business.. I wonder what their reasoning is?

Winstrol
03-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Caps are killing me :rolleyes:

Mango70
03-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Why are we all so addicted to this game?

MADCAT
03-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Bad move GREED

MADCAT
03-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Because it's a stupid game and we are stupid for playing it, so it's a perfect match
Why are we all so addicted to this game?

darknite
03-24-2013, 06:33 AM
;) i guess you are right ...

Jean marc
03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Bring it!!! we are ready!!

gunnydave
03-25-2013, 04:47 PM
developers in gree are heathens like me

steve_r
03-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Pushed out again? New display shows another LTQ after bound by honor.

GREE Official Updates
03-26-2013, 03:46 PM
I've updated the original post with the start and end times. It will begin on March 29th at 12 PM PDT and will end on April 3rd 12 PM PDT.

flamingdragon
03-29-2013, 08:09 AM
Let war begin in a hour

Aclark
03-31-2013, 07:47 PM
It is too long for battles to go on. You dropped the time in MW but KA you made long. That many days is too much I hoped you will do what you did in MW and shorten to a more manageable time. Friday to Monday is plenty

Proprioc3ption
04-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Didn't we say already :D
But GREE don't listen to us...when they should... So we the players will dictate how long we play for even if GREE fail to hear us out. Which I do hope they do ;) they wld be silly not to.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
04-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Needs to be 3 days. 5 is WAY too long.

Totalwar
04-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Needs to be 3 days. 5 is WAY too long.

I agree 5 days is too please reduce to three days.

Aclark
04-03-2013, 12:29 PM
CJ first Thank you for getting rewards out as quickly as you did. Second come on we have been through this with MW and 5 days really? Please change just like you did in MW. Oh one more please don't schedule on same week/ weekend and please please do not hold these events over a holiday weekend. Thanks

TEG
04-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Compared to Modern War events, we found the Kingdom Age event to be "glitch free".
Good job on smooth running, although 5 days is a bit long.