PDA

View Full Version : Avoid the latest android update

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 09:27 AM
It fixes none of the pre-existing problems, but it creates more new ones!

I was so excited, thinking the latest dataset would bring me a beautiful new LE set or Crate to buy, but alas, no.

Instead I discovered that vaulting money is no longer an option, and, if I dare try, it tells me "Something Went Wrong," and I look at my phone like, "Great! You sound just like me trying to describe problems with my car to my mechanic."

On top of that, the biggest and brightest of the new problems, is that boss events have been rendered much more difficult by the newest feature: the game now crashes after every hit. Gone are the days of getting two hits after waiting 21 minutes. I'm afraid I won't get past boss 24 without spending a lot more gold than I planned.

tl;dr If you haven't already cursed yourself with the new dataset, reject this new, tainted offer.

YourPastLife
03-19-2013, 09:47 AM
I am having the same problem on android. Also when attacking boss get the error message, loose health, loose money, and boss has nothing happen to him. Also getting boss to show up but no notification, have to restart game and will show boss available but time has already been lost.

cesspit
03-19-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm having the same problem on android with the Build 43.

Boss event crashed after 1 hit.
And error when you put money on vault.

I'll pass this event.

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 09:53 AM
The update also made all prizes I win invisible until I restart MW.

Also, sometimes when I hit the boss after he is under 50% he rebounds to full health until I force quit.

Also 90% of the time I hit the boss I get the message of "Unknown Error."

The only thing that's changed, in any positive sense, is that MW does force close less on it's own, but now I just have to do it manually. ..

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 09:55 AM
I'll pass this event.

I would just take that approach, but I've already leveled once and got 22 down before accepting the update. I appreciate that it was timed perfectly, in the sense that it came right as bosses started to require more than 9 hits from me.

D3V
03-19-2013, 10:19 AM
My game personally is crashing, but not during the boss parts. It crashes if I have the game open too long or is someone comments on my wall. Very strange.

Bala82
03-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks for information so glad i wait few days before updating.

Recas
03-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Same here, both android profiles are having the vault money issue, have to vault the money two times, first is always the error, also when hitting the boss gives the same error, GREE plz correct this ASAP or make the game go back to the last update...

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 11:07 AM
GREE plz correct this ASAP or make the game go back to the last update...

The worst part is that, there is no point in sending in a ticket, because by the time they get around to responding to it a new dataset will be out, and they will tell you that it's happening because you are on the wrong dataset, and you want to scream:

"YES GREE. I was on the wrong dataset, because it was over a month ago that I sent this ticket in and it was the latest dataset out."

atretes1
03-19-2013, 11:13 AM
When I saw the update I was like? Maybe the crashing will stop. Maybe my boosted stats will read what they need to. Come to my dismay, none of that was fixed and I have all of the above problems. Yes indeed it did get worse.

ProCision
03-19-2013, 11:22 AM
I usually complain the most about the crashing and lag and and and and. BUT, I have no issue attacking the boss and no issue putting money in my vault.

YourPastLife
03-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Just tried to do a $8M base expansion and got the error lost the money and no expansion was shown. Got really pissed, rebooted my phone and lucky for Greedy my base expansion was there. Please fix this crap, its getting really old.

Sgt. Fancypants
03-19-2013, 11:45 AM
My game just crashed and then automatically updated during an epic boss battle. I restarted my phone after it was done and opened the game again whereupon NONE of the graphics loaded and my avatar was floating in black space. Once in the boss battle again, I attacked and in response got "an unknown error has occured" and nothing happened. when i attacked again he hit me with what seemed like the damage from both attacks while only one of mine hit him.

Honestly I didn't think it could get worse for android, but it has. And this is coming from someone who also has an ipad (where the game works perfectly). People who play from iphones/ipads have a huge advantage.

On android I have NEVER been able to particpate in a single crate/chest event and therefore received NONE of those units/rewards. which considering what just the xian destroyer (which i got on my ipad) can do for LLPs is a big deal.

Simply travling to a rivals base sometimes can take 5-10 minutes or longer and makes pvp almost undoable. Infact almost every action takes longer. this is true only for this game. Usually my phone is just as fast or faster than my ipad.

The fact that since day 1 there have be rendering problems (no buildings, glitched building contruction icon) has been only a minor inconvience. However these problems which I have really only noticed in the past few weeks since I have started to camp less and level more, makes the game almost unplayable.

As a gold player I have spent money on this game and honestly feel pretty ripped off and **** on. I know things go wrong with programs and that companies are hard to run but jesus christ guys. It's pretty disheartening. I can't imagaine what will go wrong next, but at this point i'd beleive anything.

Sillybeans
03-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Mines still fine... thanks for heds up i was planning no finishing event just did lv21. gunna get 27ish without gold then go from there

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 01:37 PM
I can't imagaine what will go wrong next, but at this point i'd beleive anything.

You've pretty much cursed us all now, just by saying that. How could you do that to us?

Also, the "Unknown Error" or "An Error Occurred" feature is now happening every time I try and do anything. Build something? Error Occurred! Upgrade? Unknown Error! It's like a magic 8 ball that keeps telling you to kill yourself by drinking the fluid inside it.

soulnmysole
03-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the warning. Definitely wont be updating

YourPastLife
03-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Lets put this in terms Greedy can understand - I will not buy any gold now because I will get an unknown error, loose my real money, and not get any gold. Fix this and someone please acknowledge there is a problem and you are doing something about it.

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Hopefully they can at least fix it before any new crates, LE sets come out. I'd be too worried to buy any units, and I would really enjoy buying some units.

Milspec1
03-19-2013, 02:11 PM
You gotta really ask yourself, if they ever actually even test their product one time .. even look at it once before they push updates.. Never seen one released without bugs

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Never seen one released without bugs

What I find really amazing is that every update continually makes things so much worse. Do they even try and fix things, or do they just see how many new things they can break each time? I bet they have an awesome drinking game based around how many new threads we create, and how many of their intentional bugs we can find.

ProCision
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
ive been through 3 levels on the boss with only one force close that wasnt even while i was attacking. I vaulted 10 times just to see if I got one error, I got none.

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 03:05 PM
ive been through 3 levels on the boss with only one force close that wasnt even while i was attacking. I vaulted 10 times just to see if I got one error, I got none.

I just tried to set you on fire using my mind. Did you feel it?

ProCision
03-19-2013, 03:10 PM
oh thats what that was..

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 04:14 PM
oh thats what that was..

I was really hoping it worked. Maybe next time?

ProCision
03-19-2013, 04:26 PM
I got the "Unknown Error", I went to sell a pathetic money building and replace it with something better and I got that error. Closed this s h i t of a game and the building was gone when it restarted.

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Hmmm, what is that delicious taste in my mouth? Oh, schadenfreude.

ertrifo
03-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Dam..., I've just reinstalled MW on my android and had no time to test yet
I'm scared!

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Godspeed sir, godspeed.

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 08:58 PM
A helpful hint to deal with the horrible, retarded, poorly done update: If you are running a timer for the boss events, set it 30 seconds early, and force quit and restart. Then you will only have errors 60% of the time.

psxnitro
03-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Good thing I decided to finish off the boss event before I checked for an update, and checked the forum for feedback on the new update...

Due to all these bugs people are now reporting, I think I'll keep playing the game w/o these "fixes"

Dilligaf13
03-19-2013, 11:35 PM
To late, already been screwed. I'm having same problems as everyone else plus some. I force close almost every time I change screens, like going from base to mission or to a rival base and so on. I will have to try 9-10 times before it will let me go and forget about going somewhere else. Haven't realty had many problems with boss yet bust getting ready for it. Been sending ticket after ticket with no satisfaction, also everytime it force closes they get a message, so they get about 100 a day from me and rants conservative.

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Been sending ticket after ticket with no satisfaction

Legend has it, sending in a ton of tickets about the same thing bumps you to the end of the line, as far as responses go.

Fatherllama
03-20-2013, 02:37 AM
What I find really amazing is that every update continually makes things so much worse. Do they even try and fix things, or do they just see how many new things they can break each time? I bet they have an awesome drinking game based around how many new threads we create, and how many of their intentional bugs we can find.

The fact that alcohol poisoning is a thing disproves the drinking game portion of your theory. Clearly they're betting using kittens as currency.

Alo
03-20-2013, 04:49 AM
You've pretty much cursed us all now, just by saying that. How could you do that to us?

Also, the "Unknown Error" or "An Error Occurred" feature is now happening every time I try and do anything. Build something? Error Occurred! Upgrade? Unknown Error! It's like a magic 8 ball that keeps telling you to kill yourself by drinking the fluid inside it.

Yeah, sucks to be on android with my minime. Unfortunately its on autoupdate and my inet is on 24/7 :(

Hitting the boss...getting unknown error, check
reward pic empty when beating boss, check
on my base buildings dissapearing from time to time, check
on random events trys error occured, check
loading the game and getting error occured on MW startup, check

The_Don
03-20-2013, 07:26 AM
Yep, major issues abound

Dilligaf13
03-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Legend has it, sending in a ton of tickets about the same thing bumps you to the end of the line, as far as responses go.

I understand what your saying but I'm not sending tickets on the same thing, they are all different problems. You just couldn't imagine the problems I'm having. To try to go to a rival base it takes me about 10 mins cause it keeps force closing on me and that's just an example. I have same problem going to my faction page or to mission page or any time I try to go to any page. If it lets me go to a rival I may get one hit before it force closes. I could go on and on with problem after problem. Thought it was my phone but after reading about others with same problems I have come to realize it's a android problem with them, not us.

ohgreatitsryan
03-20-2013, 10:30 AM
You just couldn't imagine the problems I'm having.

Have you not seen my posts? I KNOW your pain.

The problem is they are so back logged, and horrible at timely responding to tickets unless you spend a couple thousand dollars on gold every month, that you won't hear back for at least a month, and when you do they will just say: "I see that you aren't on the current dataset (a new one will be out by the time they respond). Your problem should be resolved by updating to the current dataset."

You will not get any timely or meaningful help.

ohgreatitsryan
03-20-2013, 01:22 PM
There is a new update that should be out on the play store soon. It should resolve the majority of the boss related, and error related problems.

sirdirty11
03-20-2013, 01:46 PM
There is a new update that should be out on the play store soon. It should resolve the majority of the boss related, and error related problems.

That would be impressive :) I figure the problem is reported and noted, but just in case they need more fuel:

- error when attacking the boss, need to Restart device (FC works half the time) to re-engage boss
- error while adding allies
- kicks me out trying to raid base
- cant vault
- randomly FC on own and restarts app

Hope Sir Boomer is reading :)

YourPastLife
03-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Got the update and so far everything seems better. Thank you Gree

ohgreatitsryan
03-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Got the update and so far everything seems better. Thank you Gree

Everything was going well, until I tried to hit the boss, now if you are going for your two hits, it force quits on its own after the first.

Recas
03-20-2013, 04:42 PM
There s another update out, seems to be fixed now

ohgreatitsryan
03-20-2013, 04:43 PM
There s another update out, seems to be fixed now
A second update in the play store today?

cesspit
03-20-2013, 06:35 PM
unknown error seems fixed but boss still crashed after 1 hit. I'm on build 44.

Milspec1
03-21-2013, 07:53 AM
is this now fixed or not? Thanks

LagBolt
03-21-2013, 07:54 AM
I just updated and there was no problems, not much has changed but less crashes and objects now show properly on the screen. Good update

Milspec1
03-21-2013, 08:11 AM
thanks lagbolt

ohgreatitsryan
03-21-2013, 08:12 AM
is this now fixed or not? Thanks

Now when I complete a boss I'm not credited the kill at all, get the blank prize screen, and it takes my cash/gold fine. So no.
It's still broken.
It just takes your money fine now.

DarthJim
03-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Same problem, beat the boss, gold and cash removed my from account but no loot. Woohoo, love it when I spend time on something and get nothing.

Recas
03-21-2013, 09:15 AM
I m having no problems with the boss, maybe, you should try with a file manager, delete the game file, then just run the game, if this doesn t work uninstall with the app manager it and install it again.

ohgreatitsryan
03-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Do you not think I've tried everything before getting desperate enough to contact support?

Agent Orange
03-21-2013, 12:27 PM
I find Android app is inconsistent. It is for the most part unplayable on our soon to be nuked phone, locks up, crashes every other move so it's exceptionally annoying. Only way to upgrade is to delete the app and download a newer version from the playstore which still freezes. Analysis, phone and OS are now too old with not enough free memory even though it has a16GB micro SD card installed that is empty. Game wants the internal phone memory instead. Have been able to play the boss events on an older version of the app.

Our Android 4 tablets are considerably better, probably a combination of faster CPU, newer os and more free internal memory.

Seen this with our iPads as well the iPad 1 has crashing issues while the 2 and 3 don't because of the faster CPU.

ohgreatitsryan
03-21-2013, 12:34 PM
My ipad 3 works fine normally. My S3 is super buggy and horrible. My $90 galaxy media player 3.6? Flawless.

Dilligaf13
03-31-2013, 11:21 PM
Have you not seen my posts? I KNOW your pain.

The problem is they are so back logged, and horrible at timely responding to tickets unless you spend a couple thousand dollars on gold every month, that you won't hear back for at least a month, and when you do they will just say: "I see that you aren't on the current dataset (a new one will be out by the time they respond). Your problem should be resolved by updating to the current dataset."

You will not get any timely or meaningful help.

Oh I do know your pain and its even worse now. Yesterday was in the middle of battle and game locks up and tries to force close. Screen goes black, flashes a couple times and phone tries to reboot only to display a splash screen saying no operating system found. My phone is fried coincidence, I don't know but seamed to happen at same time the game crashed. Finally got the phone back working and can't get back in the game, forcing me to start all over. Sent ticket and messages to anyone I can think of, posted on here multiple places, sent message to CJ to see if he can help. Right now I'm just screwed and so is my faction, they've lost a member that could be getting them points, now just a dead thud on their list.