PDA

View Full Version : Campers must have gree's attention

Mitchell
03-19-2013, 08:52 AM
On last boss,I noticed I leveled up quicker then usual,so I quit before even having to use cash,now need to make multiple hits to trigger bosses so I'm out of this boss event with just 5 bosses,4 common and one uncommon,I think game is rigged to level you up quicker to be cannon fodder for the high levels unless you use gold to buy decent units,my two cents worth :)

ImperialTheme
03-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Camping's for *****es anyway

Grunt90
03-19-2013, 09:12 AM
I agree with Mitchell. Why can't they let everyone play the game the way they want. Once I get to the high levels where I can't compete, I'll probably quit because the game will no longer be fun.

Mitchell
03-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Knew this would bring out some haters,glad to meet you,noticed both of you have been playing almost a year and hating on campers because they want to build up their bases and units before advancing , what's wrong with that? Unless if they're too strong,you will lose units when you attack them when they get to your level

ProCision
03-19-2013, 10:08 AM
you can trigger the boss by going to insurgent camp and hitting the tank, 1 xp per hit, always pops for me within 5 hits. Nobody said you have to attack or raid.

Thief
03-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Sadly Camping became obsolute with the Release of Factions

Now it's called Intellegent Leveling

I hadn't noticed a change in the XP for defeating a boss....i know the old Model the formula was 5 + (5 * boss lvl). So Boss 1: was 10 xp, 2: 15 xp, 3: 20xp

As for triggering it's just more annoying than anything. However if you target Amories and Supply Depots under lvl 7 it's only 1 xp on the first 2 hits. 10 Hits later you have triggered a boss. This should help you keep your XP down while still getting some Battle Points.

Just remember play YOUR game the way you want to play it and don't listen to other who tell you how to play the game.

S&H Max
03-19-2013, 10:11 AM
I really dont understand why everyone complains about camper and why camper complains about XP...

You play like you want if boss give to much XP dont do them!

If you dont like campers strategy who cares they are really low lvl you wont see them soon enouph, they just brag about theirs stats on the forum, and buy leveling up like crazy after 6months of play you will probably have higher stats then they do, you will just be 50lvl over..

So I really dont understand all this complaining non-sense!

BigD@wg
03-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Knew this would bring out some haters,glad to meet you,noticed both of you have been playing almost a year and hating on campers because they want to build up their bases and units before advancing , what's wrong with that? Unless if they're too strong,you will lose units when you attack them when they get to your level

It's viewed as wrong because Gree wants you to pay to play. They don't want you to be able to build a free army or be able to complete massive upgrades for free. They want you buying vaults of gold and vaults of cash. The new rival's list, reduced chances of triggering boss, reduced rate for concrete drops, etc. All these tweaks have been done to cause players to level faster. They believe that weak players will resort to spending money once they find themselves in the higher levels where they can no longer compete. My position is this will not force people to spend. It will force people to quit. I think I am right because when I hit those levels....I will likely quit. I DEFINITELY will NOT be spending money to continue forward.

It is a business and I understand the mentality.. I just don't like when the basic dynamics and construct of the game are changed to force people into a paying situation.

D3V
03-19-2013, 10:14 AM
On last boss,I noticed I leveled up quicker then usual,so I quit before even having to use cash,now need to make multiple hits to trigger bosses so I'm out of this boss event with just 5 bosses,4 common and one uncommon,I think game is rigged to level you up quicker to be cannon fodder for the high levels unless you use gold to buy decent units,my two cents worth :)

Multiple hits to trigger bosses? I trigger them by doing 1 or 2 missions... I've gone from level 25-27 and have done the boss 20 times so far... seems like a fair trade imo... I've gotten 3 rares I believe...

Mitchell
03-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Yes I know gree wants money for us to play their game and I also know that the units I buy will not get to the top of this game unless I buy gold and a lot of it,lol,your right about camping fractions took that away,original post was just so I could vent some,got to get iph up before getting too high a level, have a good one

Mitchell
03-19-2013, 11:32 AM
@Dv3,take a look at sticky epic boss by boomer

VileDoom
03-19-2013, 11:41 AM
It's viewed as wrong because Gree wants you to pay to play. They don't want you to be able to build a free army or be able to complete massive upgrades for free. They want you buying vaults of gold and vaults of cash. The new rival's list, reduced chances of triggering boss, reduced rate for concrete drops, etc. All these tweaks have been done to cause players to level faster. They believe that weak players will resort to spending money once they find themselves in the higher levels where they can no longer compete. My position is this will not force people to spend. It will force people to quit. I think I am right because when I hit those levels....I will likely quit. I DEFINITELY will NOT be spending money to continue forward.

It is a business and I understand the mentality.. I just don't like when the basic dynamics and construct of the game are changed to force people into a paying situation.

I 100% agree with you.

Online games need population to remain fun. Once the majority of population leaves, free to light gem spenders, the high rollers will find it quite lonely.

Devin
03-19-2013, 12:03 PM
I don't think Gree gives a rat's ass about campers. But just to review, you want to be able to do as little as possible that would possibly level you up, but want all the benefits and opportunities to win the goodies which would require you to do something. Suck it up ... camp if you want, but don't complain when you cant get all the fancy toys active players are getting. It's the consequence to your strategy.

American Capitalist
03-19-2013, 12:03 PM
yes cuz spending gold is the only logical way to play.

You and I should start a kickstarter for a gold-free Modern War.

NakedCherryPie
03-19-2013, 12:18 PM
This isn't a camping game, this is a war game. Hence, the use of the word "War" in the title.

BigD@wg
03-19-2013, 12:25 PM
This isn't a camping game, this is a war game. Hence, the use of the word "War" in the title.

Don't most militaries usually set up camp before they go to war? :)

VileDoom
03-19-2013, 12:34 PM

Checkmate. ;)

LagBolt
03-19-2013, 01:19 PM

Epic comeback and completely agree.

Other players shouldn't criticize other peoples playing style. I'll play it as i want to. I dont care if someone levels up as fast as they can or buys vaults of gold more often than they breathe, all power to them.

This isn't really a war though as some people make it out to be. Its a game. If it was real, your account would be lost if you lost one battle, so people shouldn't use this excuse to criticize campers

Mitchell
03-19-2013, 02:10 PM
I don't think Gree gives a rat's ass about campers. But just to review, you want to be able to do as little as possible that would possibly level you up, but want all the benefits and opportunities to win the goodies which would require you to do something. Suck it up ... camp if you want, but don't complain when you cant get all the fancy toys active players are getting. It's the consequence to your strategy.

Wow,that is some smart thinking,but since you've been around since may,2012,guess you know it all,unlike some of us who get best units we can with stats we have,bet you had to beat 35 bosses back then too,I for one don't think so,but I will play my way till game goes kaput or I get bored,so have a good day

Devin
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Epic comeback and completely agree.

Other players shouldn't criticize other peoples playing style. I'll play it as i want to. I dont care if someone levels up as fast as they can or buys vaults of gold more often than they breathe, all power to them.

I don't criticize campers - more power to you! You're absolutely right, you can play as you wish :)

I criticize campers who criticize how the game works. Camp all you want, just tell all the other campers not to complain and moan that when playing the game YOUR way that YOU made a personal choice to do has the (entirely predictable) consequence of fewer goodies. A little personal accountability?

Wtf, campers? Do you think Gree has nothing to do but sit around and find a way to make a sit-around-and-wait-for-endless-hours game?

Here's a secret .... if you sit around and wait for the game to let you catch up to the big players, by the time you catch up, those same big players are going to be immeasurably stronger.

One reason I see that people call it a 'war' is not because it's battle, it's because it's a competition... i.e. there are losers. It's not a 'everyone sits around and grows a pretty garden and everyone is a winner' kind of game. It's person v person, and someone is going to lose.

Doom
03-19-2013, 03:16 PM
There has been a big increace in the number of actions it takes to activate a boss.

Move along, nothing to see here, level up, move along:p

soulnmysole
03-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Game, set, match!

Completely obliterated NCP's weak argument lol

LagBolt
03-19-2013, 03:23 PM
There has been a big increace in the number of actions it takes to activate a boss.

Move along, nothing to see here, level up, move along:p

Not really. Beat the boss then exit the app and manually kill it. Reload the app and it should trigger in one PvP. At least this works for me.

Doom
03-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Not really. Beat the boss then exit the app and manually kill it. Reload the app and it should trigger in one PvP. At least this works for me.

Thanks I Will try see if that works for me.

Glad I had a chance to camp for a year before all the changes.

drivebycheckmate
03-19-2013, 06:59 PM
However if you target Armories and Supply Depots under lvl 7 it's only 1 xp on the first 2 hits. 10 Hits later you have triggered a boss. This should help you keep your XP down while still getting some Battle Points.

Nice tip! This worked great and the valor seems to be pretty decent...

procsyzarc
03-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Campers love to complain. What about those of us who have been playing for a long time and were L200 before boss events and WD events were even thought of? We get screwed and no chance to do anything about it since there is no way to go down in level. At least campers have a choice if you don't want to level don't, no matter what I do there is no way i can go back to L100 to be able to do bosses and score the same WD points as low level players

ertrifo
03-20-2013, 12:46 AM
you can trigger the boss by going to insurgent camp and hitting the tank, 1 xp per hit, always pops for me within 5 hits. Nobody said you have to attack or raid.

They must have read your post, it took me more then 10 hits :)

Durt McGurt
03-20-2013, 03:50 AM
Campers love to complain. What about those of us who have been playing for a long time and were L200 before boss events and WD events were even thought of? We get screwed and no chance to do anything about it since there is no way to go down in level. At least campers have a choice if you don't want to level don't, no matter what I do there is no way i can go back to L100 to be able to do bosses and score the same WD points as low level players

+1 ^
At least us level 200+ score less WD points on average for hitting the same target.

The only way to survive as a free player in this nasty universe is to camp. If you're a free player who choose not to camp you will be devoured by the giants.

-1 ^
That is simply not true. I am a "free" player. I have 1 lonely gold unit (valor increase). Bought gold to participate in WD events but none used strictly for myself so I still consider myself a "free" player.
Play the game anyway you wish, but if you think you are being screwed over while camping just wait to see how you are treated by the game up here. You will be attacked and raided of course by players as happens at any level, but the game mechanics are what devours you the most.

Durt McGurt
03-20-2013, 05:58 AM
Do you not read? Did I say I get screwed over by camping?

-3 ^
Do you not read? Did I say you said that?

Durt McGurt
03-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Funny excuse you don't spend it on yourself.
It is for the team. Some dont understand it.

Warpath
03-20-2013, 06:21 AM
It's only a matter of time for you to run into lower level players played by higher level players. That's how campers get pushed out of the way.

-1 ^

Funny excuse you don't spend it on yourself. You aim to win prizes with the gold you spent. You spend it because of the prospect you will get some benefit out of it. Doesn't matter where you spend it, if you buy gold you are no longer a 'free' player.

Do you not read? Did I say I get screwed over by camping? If I don't level I will never meet those high up players. That's the whole point of camping.

You are getting screwed over by leveling. The more you level, the more you'll need to spend to stay afloat.

Warpath
03-20-2013, 06:39 AM
That same problem happens in the higher levels. I don't have many allies and constantly get attacked by players with 500 allies. Allies only increases stats minor. You can have 0 allies and take on someone with 500 allies if your stats are good. Anything over 500 allies is just a waste since you can only use a max of 500 and not mention you will become a constant target. By having a count over 500 you are telling the other players your stats are weak.

Ive seen accounts like those, but in my same level and within same ally count, and i have no problem with those. But when higher level players with more allies that are generally considered weak in their own bracket all of sudden start attacking lower level players, well i guess this is where all the complaints start coming in.

Warpath
03-20-2013, 07:03 AM
It's not that hard to pick out a camper. I can keep attacking one person over and over and I won't level up for awhile. If you are over vault then you will become my only target for a long while. Level up will be slow since I would only be attacking the one person over vault.

Pushed out of what? If they attack me they'll level. They're the ones that will get pushed out. Common sense.

Warpath
03-20-2013, 07:11 AM
I believe the way it's set up now is if you reach for example 200 allies, then you decide to drop 50, you will still remain in the radar of the 200 for hitting that Ally count before.

see under the old format real campers can easily drop down or increase 25 - 50 allies or more to keep hiding now its basically impossible to do since no matter how many allies you drop or increase you still appear

Durt McGurt
03-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Maybe you should read your own posts.

I was not referencing you in particular. Just people who are camping and upset. It seems you have everything figured out. I wish you the best. I am deeply sorry I upset you. If you like send me a PM with your in game name. I will swing by and leave you a present.

I quoted you on the part about the free players being devoured....
I no longer care, play as you wish, complain as you wish.

Alo
03-20-2013, 07:30 AM
It's not that hard to pick out a camper. I can keep attacking one person over and over and I won't level up for awhile. If you are over vault then you will become my only target for a long while. Level up will be slow since I would only be attacking the one person over vault.

why waste all in one person? Just raid and attack hundreds, much simpler :)

I believe the way it's set up now is if you reach for example 200 allies, then you decide to drop 50, you will still remain in the radar of the 200 for hitting that Ally count before.

but is it fair to show one side weaklings so that they cant see U back? Many gold players have "the privilege" of seeing weaklings and weaklings cant see them back (they will not show up in their rival list no matter how many times U refresh. I see ppl 100-250 allies, but get hit with ppl 3300 allies). Minime was lvl 15, got hit by lvl 19...but my minime sees only lvl 14-16 etc.

Warpath
03-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Anything above 500 allies doesn't matter. The max you can use on an attack is 500. You should be able to see up to level 19. You might have to mess with you Ally count to see him. But if he attacks you he will appear in your news feed whether a gold player or not.

why waste all in one person? Just raid and attack hundreds, much simpler :)

but is it fair to show one side weaklings so that they cant see U back? Many gold players have "the privilege" of seeing weaklings and weaklings cant see them back (they will not show up in their rival list no matter how many times U refresh. I see ppl 100-250 allies, but get hit with ppl 3300 allies). Minime was lvl 15, got hit by lvl 19...but my minime sees only lvl 14-16 etc.

Alo
03-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Anything above 500 allies doesn't matter. The max you can use on an attack is 500. You should be able to see up to level 19. You might have to mess with you Ally count to see him. But if he attacks you he will appear in your news feed whether a gold player or not.

yes, I know over 500 doesnt matter, still it sucks if I can see enemies 100-250 allies and get hit by ppl 3300+ that doesnt show up on my rival list.

Minime doesnt see that far up. +/- 1 level like it has always been.

Pocketcc
03-20-2013, 08:26 AM
I understand you lose units and gain but does that explain the huge variance when Pvp consecutive times.

Alo
03-20-2013, 08:30 AM
I understand you lose units and gain but does that explain the huge variance when Pvp consecutive times.

boosts, skill points etc. Attack and defence can fluctuate 30+ %. Also attacking is much riskier than raiding.

Mitchell
03-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Wow,just Wow,Didn't mean for this to turn into a free for all,lol,my original post was about what I was seeing and to get comments from others about how they see it,not freeplayers against gold players,everyone who plays this game knows he will either buy gold or quit, Gree is just pushing the time frame up is what I was saying,sorry hope there are no hard feelings, Wishing you and yours a great hump day!!!

olka
03-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Camping for the win.

Once you can afford the best unit at maximum ally count you will be the strongest free player possible.

Simple.

Devin
03-20-2013, 07:43 PM
+1

Some people in this thread like Warpath just doesn't seem to understand this.

Show me the winning campers? In the 500 years it takes to camp to buy / farm the best, you will have likely forgone significant valor and other opportunities. And that's assuming gree doesn't change the 2000 unit limit... Which I'd imagine they'll do some day.

That's not to say level up like a fool, but...

Mitchell
03-21-2013, 03:36 AM
I was lucky I guess,I joined this forum after leveling up quickly and started losing as many battles as winning, of course that is the way the game starts you off,knew something was wrong,started looking for help and found forums,which at that time people offered really good advice and had everything in self help pages,of course couldn't back my base up to lower level,no upgrades,low vault and low stats at level 30,have you ever tried building your base up under attack all the time,it got to me sometimes but slowly coming out ahead,leting my building upgrades control when I level now,I know the people who started game early will have the advantage over me,but will continue to play this way till base is secure or i'm totally out classed in this game.GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Killer_Elite
03-21-2013, 03:53 AM
I was lucky I guess,I joined this forum after leveling up quickly and started losing as many battles as winning, of course that is the way the game starts you off,knew something was wrong,started looking for help and found forums,which at that time people offered really good advice and had everything in self help pages,of course couldn't back my base up to lower level,no upgrades,low vault and low stats at level 30,have you ever tried building your base up under attack all the time,it got to me sometimes but slowly coming out ahead,leting my building upgrades control when I level now,I know the people who started game early will have the advantage over me,but will continue to play this way till base is secure or i'm totally out classed in this game.GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Thing is, its just a game and really if you win one day but lose the next, does it matter. Get
raided and it takes extra day to build or upgrade. So what, no-one one died and it isn't real money you lose.
Just chill and breath out.