PDA

View Full Version : Epic Boss: Emperor Xhao

Boomer
03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
We're aware that there have been issues with the current epic boss Emperor Xhao. We have released a fix to allow attack bonuses to work correctly with epic bosses, but a few issues have cropped up. A fix has since been deployed and everything should now be working correctly.

Unfortunately the goal for this epic boss has been corrupted for many of our players. At the end of the event we will manually award all players who have defeated the epic boss 35 times. If within a few days of the events conclusion you still haven't received the reward in your inventory, please contact us via the in-game contact button.

Additionally, epic bosses are now set to not reappear after every attack. There is a percent chance of triggering an epic boss which is working as intended.

Finally all players will receive an additional reward in the coming weeks via a popup in game.

LeBarticus
03-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Hi Boomer, thanks for the info. And I appreciate that the bonuses now work.

In regards to the goals resetting - I am 10 "behind" in my goals, will this affect my loot drops? Because I know that as you defeat more and more bosses, your chances of receiving a rare increase.

Is the percentage of me getting a rare "10 goals behind" so to say?

Rayda
03-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Cool. At least they know.

Cmdr_Vessery
03-18-2013, 06:06 PM
I am having a completely different problem than from what is listed.. Event runs fine, kill the boss with "free attacks", boss clearly defeated, win screen comes up with "congrats you've won" with nothing in the win box and no reward unit is deposited into the inventory. I am keeping track of units and the numbers have not changed.

Playing on a Samsung Tab 2 tablet with android OS....

Just a bit frustrating to say the least..

-Vessery

p.s. I submitted a help ticket.. I am standing by for response..

Polaris79
03-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Additionally, epic bosses are now set to not reappear after every attack. There is a percent chance of triggering an epic boss which is working as intended.

I can understand this, but i got two account, in one ,on ipad, i have difficult, three boss triggered but no more even after more than 20 raid/attack, in the other one, on android, i have not triggered a single boss yet in this event...

General Soviet
03-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the help, boomer. The mention of a prize for all players in the coming weeks sounds very intriguing, and after the last prizes you guys have given us, I can't wait to see what it is.

Adacus71
03-18-2013, 06:19 PM
The event is still not working for me, even after the patch that is supposed to trigger the boss after each attack.

sherlock123
03-18-2013, 06:24 PM
epic bosses are now set to not reappear after every attack. There is a percent chance of triggering an epic boss which is working as intended.

This is what I have a problem with. The epic bosses were set to appear after a few minutes had passed by and the player raids or does missions again. After raid/mission, the player could wait 5-6 minutes and then raid again and have the boss reappear.

That's not happening right now even after raiding 10-12 times and waiting for more than an hour. Why did you change that ?

Cmdr_Vessery
03-18-2013, 06:29 PM
And the boss loot list looks to the oil rig units.. ie Executive Private Jet, Oil Rig Enforcer, Drill Repair Vehicle..

No issues with triggering events, or the completion counter...

Anybody else have this issue?

-Vessery

Funktacular
03-18-2013, 06:35 PM
I beat levels 1 and 2 and for sure did not get a unit (blank picture), my inventory stayed the same however the $40k was in my account. I waited, then saw the post that they fixed it and I tried again and still no unti for level 3. I of course submitted a report.

Does their post literally mean no manual unit reimbursements unless you defeat him 35x? Giving everyone a bonus unit as compensation means nothing, BECAUSE EVERYONE GETS ONE.

Adacus71
03-18-2013, 06:36 PM
This is what I have a problem with. The epic bosses were set to appear after a few minutes had passed by and the player raids or does missions again. After raid/mission, the player could wait 5-6 minutes and then raid again and have the boss reappear.

That's not happening right now even after raiding 10-12 times and waiting for more than an hour. Why did you change that ?

Money.

You attack more, you lose more, you spend more.

Adacus71
03-18-2013, 06:41 PM
We're aware that there have been issues with the current epic boss Emperor Xhao. We have released a fix to allow attack bonuses to work correctly with epic bosses, but a few issues have cropped up. A fix has since been deployed and everything should now be working correctly.

Unfortunately the goal for this epic boss has been corrupted for many of our players. At the end of the event we will manually award all players who have defeated the epic boss 35 times. If within a few days of the events conclusion you still haven't received the reward in your inventory, please contact us via the in-game contact button.

Finally all players will receive an additional reward in the coming weeks via a popup in game.

How do we know what our stats are? My profile says 76,000A/78,000 D. When my faction looks at my stats, some see 40,000A/80,000D, some see both in the 30k range. When I attack I only see in the 60's.

So what are my stats in reality?

Q Raider
03-18-2013, 07:19 PM
The real question is does the percentage chance of the boss appearing VARY with how many you already have defeated?

This has the hallmarks of an auction event just in a different format.

VileDoom
03-18-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm having as much chance triggering this boss as collecting that 10th bow in the last box event...

Jhoemel
03-18-2013, 07:52 PM
This is so hard to trigger. Return it to the same way before

Ericinico
03-18-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm having as much chance triggering this boss as collecting that 10th bow in the last box event...I'm feeling your pain.

Roscoe782
03-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Percent chance of triggering huh...as intended huh....so basically this probably means Easter weekend won't be changed either.

I already know the answer to what I am about to ask, and the reasons behind it, but has anyone noticed more bugs and more non-friendly changes have been made over the last few months? You know smooth it over with a unit here a 100 gold there. I smell a vault that needs fillin...

Alpha dog
03-18-2013, 08:32 PM
This is not making the boss events enjoyable at all, it doesn't even seem like a 50/50 chance to trigger the boss or not.
You guys at Gree are changing far too many things at once, how are normal people meant to keep up with all of this. This game is going to become a place for elite players only that spend all day attached to their device playing MW.

At least make it a reasonable chance to trigger the boss, with an equal chance of triggering from the first to the 51st (not that i'll ever get that high).

A3OT
03-18-2013, 08:47 PM
I think that GREE should make 25% of triggering minimum...It seems that it has only 5% of finding it...

Mad
03-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Percent chance of triggering huh...as intended huh....so basically this probably means Easter weekend won't be changed either.

I already know the answer to what I am about to ask, and the reasons behind it, but has anyone noticed more bugs and more non-friendly changes have been made over the last few months? You know smooth it over with a unit here a 100 gold there. I smell a vault that needs fillin...

MW is there cash cow, I suspect it is the only game they make real money at it, and they are going to milk it, till this one runs dry. There are guys spending thousands of dollars on this game.

I remember one of the big spenders complaining because the boosts weren't working the game wasn't worth it.

I shared a bit of a secret with him, I said "Hey, buddy ieven if all the boosts were working this game isn't worth what you are spending on it."

LeBarticus
03-18-2013, 09:38 PM
In regards to the goals resetting - I am 10 "behind" in my goals, will this affect my loot drops? Because I know that as you defeat more and more bosses, your chances of receiving a rare increase.

Is the percentage of me getting a rare "10 goals behind" so to say?

No need to answer I suppose. 20 bosses down now and not a single rare. Unbelievable man, 2 boss events in a row.

Mad
03-18-2013, 10:22 PM
No need to answer I suppose. 20 bosses down now and not a single rare. Unbelievable man, 2 boss events in a row.

How did you trigger so many bosses? What is your trigger rate?

Devin
03-18-2013, 10:33 PM
I've finished boss 22. I'm a pretty active raider/attacker. I'm probably at a 10% chance of triggering a boss. Ive spent no gold or anything just using regular amounts of stamina and energy. I do find it helps to give a little time after a boss before triggering next.. I don't do anything special just keep looking for raid/attack targets.

I'd suspect that like crate drops, the more powerful your target you're attacking the more likely a boss trigger is. I have no proof of that, just a guess. Anyhow, I'm having no problems.

NaRciS
03-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Im on apple ipad and closing app and reopen after each win, every 4 or 5 raids / attacks i trigger.

2 members of my faction are having the same issues though.

LeBarticus
03-18-2013, 11:12 PM
How did you trigger so many bosses? What is your trigger rate?

I dunno man, I haven't had too much trouble triggering them. A couple bosses ago it took 10 stamina... Sometimes it takes only one. Sometimes more. But I don't blow through all of my stamina without triggering one. I'm farming BPs so I've been emptying my bullets as much as possible

Warpath
03-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Boomer, everything sounds sweet. However, I have already defeated the epic boss 35 times, by me having to wait until the end of the event hurts my stats. The object of beating him is to get the boost. As spending customers we shouldn't have to wait until the end of the event, especially when it takes over 2 weeks to get a response from support.

ertrifo
03-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Thank you very much!
One of my good members just quit the game!
At last he lost his patiente!

MadFox
03-18-2013, 11:37 PM
At the moment this p*sses me off again... With a trigger rate of around 5% the fun is gone for me...
2 accounts. Normal account 5%. LLP around 15%.

What if we find out that they want to force us to level up faster?
GREE seems to find out even more things to get less fun in the game...

CONGRATULATIONS GREE!
Are you trying to find out how far you can go until players start to quit?

BSG123
03-18-2013, 11:47 PM

I was hoping to find an answer to this, as well. Doing pretty poorly with the loot drops, it seems, though I referenced loot tracker for last boss and at boss 23 I only had one more uncommon/rare than I do now. I guess I just have crap luck no matter what. 19 of the 23 bosses are tracked towards goal.

BSG123
03-18-2013, 11:49 PM
We really have to wait several days after event ends to get unit? *pouts* I'd rather just send a ticket after I defeat 35 and hope for the best, that Gree gives me my unit before that.

Adacus71
03-19-2013, 01:18 AM

I still get nothing when I attack rivals and nothing from PvE.

Silly that so many improvements end in disaster. This would have been the 4th that I beat 35x, but I'll save that money instead. Oh we'll, it was fun.

MadFox
03-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Since there are several threads to this boss of failure....

I planned to use gold to beat this boss....well that was yesterday...now I use this cash elsewhere...a game from another company maybe...
START TO LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS GREE!!!!!!

Ljepoje
03-19-2013, 02:26 AM
The event is just a big joke

megaants
03-19-2013, 02:36 AM
I wish we get patch notes..... not just random stuff we find out as we go.

BSG123
03-19-2013, 02:52 AM
The event is just a big joke

No...no, I don't believe it is. My loot has always functioned and I've never felt deceived. Actually, the boss event is what I look forward to the most.

Okay, so the boss trigger has changed, and I agree, the time spent trying to get the bugger out of hiding has been painful, but my results have quickened and we *are* getting new units. So really, you shouldn't be very dissatisfied. Only a little. And this applies to everyone.

Mcdoc
03-19-2013, 03:09 AM
Remember to take Snap shots as you finish the last couple of bossed as your "proof" to support on where you finished. They have been real good about honoring the prizes in the past - so much so that I saw a person with 2 of the boss prizes and the explanation was that CS gave them the one they won when they hit 35 for real - and the game awarded them a second one when their in-game count caught up as they went on to Boss 40 & above.

Good lucK all :)

BSG123
03-19-2013, 03:13 AM
CS gave them the one they won when they hit 35 for real - and the game awarded them a second one when their in-game count caught up as they went on to Boss 40 & above.

Good lucK all :)

I know. Why do you think I would like my unit before the end of event...

^________^

Well, at least I had the idea to play with for a while. It was fun. But I knew that's why gree wants to wait to award the grand prizes.

D3V!ous
03-19-2013, 03:27 AM

I have beaten the boss 4-5 times now and did not get a prize from the first two,beings my guy just stood there firing it did nadda til I hit 4-5 I am a new player to MW so I don't know my info by heart yet but will get my I'd and repost it here thanks

BigD@wg
03-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Tons of PVE and PVP and won't trigger. I'm done with this event. Stop changing the dynamics Gree.

Dutchie
03-19-2013, 03:43 AM
Dear GREE developers,

The issue I have with GREE is the lack of transparency and communication. I can understand that you make changes to your product but we always have to find out the hard way what these changes are.

For example, when you have a new client push that it in the App Store, the description just says Bug Fixes. Whenever you push out a new dataset, again there is no communication in the forum or on the support site that states the changes you have made.

Communication to your customers is key to customer retention. You don't need to go into much detail as to what changes you have made, but you certainly need to add more information than you currently provide.

For example, with this new Boss Event, I appreciate that Boomer created this new thread which states that -

"We're aware that there have been issues with the current epic boss Emperor Xhao. We have released a fix to allow attack bonuses to work correctly with epic bosses, but a few issues have cropped up. A fix has since been deployed and everything should now be working correctly."

This information that a fix to allow attack bonuses to work correctly should have been posted BEFORE the release of the dataset to make everyone aware. Boomer then states that issues have cropped up but there is no brief explanation of what these issues are so that people are aware of them. The issue of not being able to trigger the boss as frequently has not been addressed as far as I can tell or is this intentional? I don't mind if you made this intentional or not but please let us know whether this is the case because Boomer clearly states "...and everything should now be working correctly"

You really need to address this issue of communication and the changes you are making to your product, whether they are fixing existing issues, whether they are new issues or if there are new features to be introduced to the game because currently, as it stands, you are driving away customers from your products and they might never come back again.

There is a plethora of similar games coming to market and people will switch if you do not address these issues quickly. I understand that software has glitches, bugs or defects, it is the nature of this industry. How a software company deals with them and communicates to their customers with regards to these issues is the differentiator and I am afraid that unless you make significant changes in this department, the customer attrition rate will only increase probably at a rate which outnumbers new gamers to your products resulting in the slow demise of the company.

You have great games that people enjoy playing but the enjoyment is being slowly eroded with the lack of communication.

Regards,
Dutchie

Sillybeans
03-19-2013, 03:52 AM

We'll have to wait for the unit it seems but... the extra reward... im curious :D

Edit: I do the very 1st missions for 10 energy to trigger the boss... 10-15 missions on avg is triggering the boss for me... on lv17 atm. As for pvp only get 2-3 boss pop-ups and i have 29 stamina >.<

Bala82
03-19-2013, 03:59 AM
The problem being is we know from past experience GREE are awful at time keeping. Look like daylight chaser that item took 3 months to manually added to the players. What point of even trying defeat boss 35 times if it's unlikely we will get the prize. normally this wouldn't bother me since i normally only defeat boss upto 25 but i been working on try beat 35 and i finally have stats to beat him now this happens ?. I have old phone that can't take photos screenshot :(.

Only thing that would make me happy is for everyone recieve the prize.

Hound Dog
03-19-2013, 04:25 AM
This is too bad. I was really looking forward to this boss as last time was the first time I ever defeated all 35. Unfortunately, I have now completed over 100 attacks, raids and missions but have only unlocked the boss 2 times. How very frustrating. I can't spend gold on the boss when I can't trigger him. Bad decision Gree.

Bala82
03-19-2013, 04:27 AM
i have no problem trigging the boss with PVE.

Sillybeans
03-19-2013, 04:51 AM

Same, its all about how you do it really. just do easiest missions like I said and its cake :D

Dutchie
03-19-2013, 05:02 AM
By adding boosted attack, it now has increased the threshold for triggering the boss. I am still trying to determine if it is based on XP or the number of PvP/PvE, but SillyBeans seems to have found a way of doing it without too much XP gain.

@SillyBeans - How long do you wait between bosses?

Can GREE let us know if this intentional or not.

hoho
03-19-2013, 05:03 AM
Same, its all about how you do it really. just do easiest missions like I said and its cake :D

perhaps i m not doing it right... i was doing mission that needs 12 attack to complete. havent had one trigger :(

MadFox
03-19-2013, 05:21 AM
By adding boosted attack, it now has increased the threshold for triggering the boss. I am still trying to determine if it is based on XP or the number of PvP/PvE, but SillyBeans seems to have found a way of doing it without too much XP gain.

Tried it...didn't work for me...

Dutchie
03-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Tried it...didn't work for me...

My dearest Brother Fox,

Indeed, it is a right royal pain in the arse. After my last boss (5), I waited 30 mins and tried to trigger it again. I do a couple PvE on the first map, then wait a few seconds and repeat. This time it was was 4 PvEs, but now that I have defeated the boss with a Quick Attack, it is stuck and I am shooting forever while Emperor Xhau Level 6 is lying dead on the floor. Maybe he is just play acting and I didn't really kill him... Now I have to kill the app without knowing which trinket I received. I don't really care and will count them up after I have defeated boss 35, if I ever get there!

But, hey, as Boomer stated "...and everything should now be working correctly".

Maybe in the land of Boomer it is, but certainly not where I am standing from.

What can I say... Either give up and wait to see if these issues are resolved in the next boss event, or plough on hoping that you will eventually trigger.

Yours,
Dutchie

Q Raider
03-19-2013, 06:02 AM
Seems to me that on average the number of hits required to trigger the boss is increasing with each one defeated.

Havent had one trigger in less than twenty hits since boss 20.

Sillybeans
03-19-2013, 06:22 AM

Now I'm waiting for health regen other than that I'm not waiting... and it's working pritty easy I dont even get close ot using all my stamina & energy

Adacus71
No...no, I don't believe it is. My loot has always functioned and I've never felt deceived. Actually, the boss event is what I look forward to the most.

Okay, so the boss trigger has changed, and I agree, the time spent trying to get the bugger out of hiding has been painful, but my results have quickened and we *are* getting new units. So really, you shouldn't be very dissatisfied. Only a little. And this applies to everyone.

This post has to be a joke. I have triggered 2 bosses in 17 hours and my A and D stats have dropped
from 76,000 and 77,000 to 56,000 and 57,000 for no reason.

I am very dissatisfied.

Dutchie
Seems to me that on average the number of hits required to trigger the boss is increasing with each one defeated.

Havent had one trigger in less than twenty hits since boss 20.

I can't trigger the 7th one either... it is the inconsistency that is driving me up the bloody wall. Nipple time and hope that it works!

Tanner
03-19-2013, 06:27 AM
i can't trigger the 7th one either... It is the inconsistency that is driving me up the bloody wall. Nipple time and hope that it works!

noiiiiiccceeeee =)

Warpath
03-19-2013, 07:03 AM
No sure what's going on, but I was able to trigger him 35 times. I must admit, he was a lot easier than previous bosses and a lot less gold required. I received 9 rares from the 35 times I beat him. The downfall is I didn't not receive my grand prize. I got one common crappy airplane with an attack of 89 for my grand prize. Booooooooo!!!

mxz
03-19-2013, 07:14 AM
I don't understand why it was necessary to make it even more difficult to trigger bosses....

ohgreatitsryan
03-19-2013, 07:22 AM
I don't understand why it was necessary to make it even more difficult to trigger bosses....

Realistically?

Because people weren't leveling quick enough. You didn't take the bait with the mig and spend gold, so what were they supposed to do?

But more seriously, it doesn't make sense, especially since it is so seemingly random.
On my iOS account, it can take roughly 40 stamina to trigger a boss.
On either one of my android accounts? Every single hit triggers a boss. I guess for once android is getting something nice?

Dutchie
03-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Realistically?

Because people weren't leveling quick enough. You didn't take the bait with the mig and spend gold, so what were they supposed to do?

But more seriously, it doesn't make sense, especially since it is so seemingly random.
On my iOS account, it can take roughly 40 stamina to trigger a boss.
On either one of my android accounts? Every single hit triggers a boss. I guess for once android is getting something nice?

Two different development teams, one for each platform and why there are so many inconsistencies between iOS and Android.

mxz
03-19-2013, 07:41 AM
It seems they've made a whole bunch of changes this last week or two that no one likes. You'd think of how easy it is to create a poll and get a good idea for what people actually want...

Or maybe they're afraid of the feedback? Last time an employee created a poll (about being able to create in-game videos, for those that remember) it was laughed under the table. I really don't understand this company. They have many rabid and active members of this community ready to help them make the game better and they would appear to ignore everything we say and shun our help. Of course, its their choice to listen to us or not. I just don't understand the mentality that we're always wrong and they know what we want.

I know there have been complaints about how there's nothing helpful on here anymore - but, lets investigate why that is. We've tried to help Gree. We've given suggestions. We've prioritized fixes. Instead they ignore those threads and change stuff that isn't broken. Instead of focusing on helping out, we're continually fitting new fires. A lot of people have lost the will to do anything helpful because it doesn't seem to sink in or help. Don't blame other posters/trolls for pulling this forum down, because they're not the problem. We've always had trolls. The problem is the good ideas and good threads are no longer bubbling up because no one wants to waste time writing them.

Dutchie
03-19-2013, 07:41 AM
noiiiiiccceeeee =)

It worked ;)

KidWiz
03-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Just go to insurgent camp and raid 2 or 3 times one of the targets and the boss appears without problems.

Thats how it worked for me on all of my accounts.

NaRciS
03-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Its different on my two accounts both apple, my ipad that hasn't had the attack list exploded seems to be able to trigger every other attack or raid but neither my pixel fighter nor the boss has guns in there hands, but on my iphone where the attack list has gone crazy can take 20 or 30 raids / attacks plus to trigger the boss the fighters do however have guns ;)

? great!

Dutchie
03-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Its different on my two accounts both apple, my ipad that hasn't had the attack list exploded seems to be able to trigger every other attack or raid but neither my pixel fighter nor the boss has guns in there hands, but on my iphone where the attack list has gone crazy can take 20 or 30 raids / attacks plus to trigger the boss the fighters do however have guns ;)

? great!

Do I dare to ask the question what you are shooting with on the account where neither you nor the boss have a gun in their hand.

Web323
03-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Gets even better...at level 177 the boss needs 2 million points to defeat boss level 7. Thanks

NaRciS
03-19-2013, 08:14 AM
You may dare.. sir!

its like a bad gangnam style move... see below

Dutchie
03-19-2013, 08:23 AM
You may dare.. sir!

its like a bad gangnam style move... see below

LOL... or Karate but from a distance and whoever has the worst breath makes the other keel over.

domw001
03-19-2013, 08:27 AM
. . . I am shooting forever while Emperor Xhau Level 6 is lying dead on the floor. Maybe he is just play acting and I didn't really kill him... Now I have to kill the app without knowing which trinket I received.

I have had this problem for the last 6 or 7 Bosses. The only thing I do do while "my little soldier is busy pulling his trigger" (seriously, kids play this game you know) is push my iPad power buton once, then Home button to log in again. MW comes back and it always shows what unit I won.

NaRciS
03-19-2013, 08:34 AM
lol...
@domw001 - i find if you turn your ipad upside down.... no serious!! when the screen moves your solider will let go... until the next time ;)

Peppers
03-19-2013, 08:37 AM

? great!

My rivals list has gone bonkers on my phone (+ or - almost 10 levels, and can see very low ally counts), but not on my iPad.

I also can't trigger the boss to save my life on my phone, but have done twice as many on the iPad.

I think you're on to something here!

NaRciS
03-19-2013, 08:59 AM
I thought so but... half of my faction members that also have ipads.. there attack list has exploded, so there seems to be two different problems but one operating system... i'm not moaning... I don't want to go to this new attack system ;)

spectra
03-19-2013, 09:59 AM

THE GOAL OF THIS NEW "ADJUSTMENT" TO THE BOSTT EVENTS ARE

1 - THIS IS JUST A WAY FOR GREEd TO MAKE CAMPERS LEVEL UP, BECAUSE NOW YOU WILL HAVE TO DO TONS OF PVP/PVE IN ORDER TO "TRIGGER" THE BOSS

2 - MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO COMPLETE THE BOSS EVENTS UNLESS YOU USE GOLD, BECAUSE YOU WILL END UP USING ALL STAMINA OR ENERGY TRYING TO "TRIGGER" THE BOSS AND IT MIGHT NOT SHOW DUE TO THE "NEW" %

AFTER ALMOST 24 HOURS I HAVE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO TRIGGER THE BOSS 6 TIMES, AND HAVE DONE ALL, FROM EXITING 100% THE GAME, TO DELETING THE APP AND REINSTALLING

REMEMBER QUARTER END IS COMING AND IT SEEMS GREEd NEED TO RAPIDLY INCREASE THEIR REVENUES SO THAT THEY CAN MEET ANALYST EXPECTATIONS, THAT IS WHY BATTLE FOR CHINA STARTS ON THE 29, JUST A FEW DAYS BEFORE QUARTER END, JUST TO MAX THEIR REVENUE DURING THAT TIME WITH GOLD SALES

Then again, we know we cannot really expect anything good from GREEd, in regards to make the game more FUN for all

TH

Dutchie
03-19-2013, 10:40 AM
I think we are jumping to conclusions here about GREE forcing campers to level up so that they have to spend gold. I have had this boss triggering issue before and maybe the latest fix to include boosted scores to defeat the EB, so you can actually kill him with less hits, has re-introduced this issue for many players. Remember, not everyone is affected by this issue, so although it is a right royal pain in the backside, people are far too quick to jump to conclusions that it is the doing of GREE to force us to spend gold.

I am saying this as an 'intelligent level upper' who has taken 5 months to get to level 40.

I have just completed boss 10, so with 25 to go and 5 days of the event left, I still see no problem in getting to boss 35. Whereas before it would be 1 XP to trigger a boss, now it is around 20-30 XP.

I have raised a ticket and I hope they give a reasonable explanation for this.

spectra
03-19-2013, 10:47 AM
I think we are jumping to conclusions here about GREE forcing campers to level up so that they have to spend gold. I have had this boss triggering issue before and maybe the latest fix to include boosted scores to defeat the EB, so you can actually kill him with less hits, has re-introduced this issue for many players. Remember, not everyone is affected by this issue, so although it is a right royal pain in the backside, people are far too quick to jump to conclusions that it is the doing of GREE to force us to spend gold.

I am saying this as an 'intelligent level upper' who has taken 5 months to get to level 40.

Dutchie my Friend

This is what BOOMER wrote

it clearly states they changed it so that the boss does not appear after every attack like it used to be, this means that they probably set a % that will force players to spend more energy/stamina to "TRY" to trigger the boss but it coould take more than a full tank of energy or just 1 hit to trigger, seem most people are having a hard time to do so, I myself in the last 24 hours have only been able to trigger the boss 6 times........ REALLY? that is not right

Bala82
03-19-2013, 11:04 AM

I don't know why people just difficulty i had no such problem trigging the boss by lower missions.

MadFox
03-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Lol...GREEd is working heavily on getting rid of players who don't pay for the game...
Hmmm...lets take a look at the stock exchange...now...and in one year... :)
The customer is always right!

Mitchell
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Well said,spectra and MadFox

Dutchie
03-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Dutchie my FriendThis is what BOOMER wroteAdditionally, epic bosses are now set to not reappear after every attack. There is a percent chance of triggering an epic boss which is working as intended.it clearly states they changed it so that the boss does not appear after every attack like it used to be, this means that they probably set a % that will force players to spend more energy/stamina to "TRY" to trigger the boss but it coould take more than a full tank of energy or just 1 hit to trigger, seem most people are having a hard time to do so, I myself in the last 24 hours have only been able to trigger the boss 6 times........ REALLY? that is not right

Oh bollox! I need to change my glasses like the bird in this video -

http://youtu.be/5FulvvgE87Q

NaRciS
03-19-2013, 01:29 PM
I agree with all but...

I have to say that no gold spent at level 17 boss and got 3 rare 2 uncommon and the rest are not bad backup units..

All in all about an extra 1000 on stats for nowt...

Alexlee
03-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Why higher lv need to face more difficult boss? This is totally unfair..
High Lv doesn't mean high stat at all...
some lower lv have 1 free attack to finish 1-4 lv. but for High LV players even spend cash are not able to finish lv7.

Web323
03-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Last event I was able to get to lvl 15 boss and this time I am done at lvl 10.

Ljepoje
03-19-2013, 04:40 PM

I sorted it "out", at lvl 10 now ;)

The "best" way to trigger the boss is: Map > Insurgent Camp and hit the Insurgent Leader (5 or 6 times). Requires 15E and you get like 2Xp, 1 Desert leader (1A/1D) and 241Cash.

Dry
03-19-2013, 05:54 PM
I am on level 166 ,, and I can trigger the boss .. Any one ?

Alaneapen
03-19-2013, 06:18 PM
High level players should have higher stats, mindlessly leveling up without gaining a decent amount of stats between each level up sets you to fail. I am lv 84 and i have boosted 69.5 k atk and 89.2 k def, which is medium high to high fr my level, i have blown through 20 boss battles easily in the 76-100 tier.

War lord
03-19-2013, 06:29 PM
that kinda sux, luv the boss events

Peppers
03-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Ummmmm,

How is anyone going to be able to spend gold to finish off the bosses IF WE CAN'T GET IT TO TRIGGER???

johnnybravoo77
03-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Wow, I get pissed because the boss triggers when I click on anything. Hope they fix things for you guys.

sbs2716g
03-20-2013, 04:03 AM
Last event I was able to get to lvl 15 boss and this time I am done at lvl 10.

Same here. I have much higher stats this time round but can only finish 6 bosses instead of 11 bosses in level 151-200
Not sure wat they change again

Alo
03-20-2013, 04:57 AM
Ummmmm,

How is anyone going to be able to spend gold to finish off the bosses IF WE CAN'T GET IT TO TRIGGER???

Gree cares about U. Gree doesnt want anyone to spend a dime on this game any more. Thats why they are making those buggy updates, putting wars on a) daylight saving time 2) holidays and daylight saving time (china = europe daylight saving change) etc. They want players to quit and move on to other games made by other companies :)

KidWiz
03-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Just go to insurgent camp and raid 2 or 3 times one of the targets and the boss appears without problems. XP used 2 - 3. I'm on Android (sounds like being addicted to a new drug. lol)

Thats how it worked for me on all of my accounts.

Stinno
03-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Why is it now so hard to defeat the boss, i used to get to 20 to 25 then use gold now i cannot get past level 10 so i dont even bother, gree will be losing out on money as i just wont get any gold.

Alo
03-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Why is it now so hard to defeat the boss, i used to get to 20 to 25 then use gold now i cannot get past level 10 so i dont even bother, gree will be losing out on money as i just wont get any gold.

maybe U moved to another tier?

sbs2716g
03-20-2013, 07:53 AM
maybe U moved to another tier?

For me I am still in same tier. But with more allies n double the Att score than the previous boss event but I only get to level 6 compare to level 11 last time. Seem like they reset the difficulties back again n make it difficult again for level 151 to 200

mperus
03-20-2013, 07:58 AM
i don't have problem triggering the bosses, my problem is just ive beaten 15 bosses and only got 12 items from them, because game crashing.

what to do?

Alo
03-20-2013, 08:25 AM
For me I am still in same tier. But with more allies n double the Att score than the previous boss event but I only get to level 6 compare to level 11 last time. Seem like they reset the difficulties back again n make it difficult again for level 151 to 200

grees messup. Maybe they changed it back to very hard (last boss was made easier). Gree at his finest....

i don't have problem triggering the bosses, my problem is just ive beaten 15 bosses and only got 12 items from them, because game crashing.

what to do?

send ticket and in 1 month U'll get answer if Ur still encountering the problem, try reinstalling the game :D :D :D

Roscoe782
03-20-2013, 10:04 AM
grees messup. Maybe they changed it back to very hard (last boss was made easier). Gree at his finest....

send ticket and in 1 month U'll get answer if Ur still encountering the problem, try reinstalling the game :D :D :D

Hilarious because it is true. The two replies to the six or so tickets I have put in over the last 3 months have been just that!

Chairman Han
03-20-2013, 10:57 AM
It seems mixing Missions and PvP helps to trigger boss. I did more than 20 raids and PvP without boss trigger. Went to the camp and spent 1XP - the boss showed up.

Roscoe782
03-20-2013, 12:02 PM
It seems mixing Missions and PvP helps to trigger boss. I did more than 20 raids and PvP without boss trigger. Went to the camp and spent 1XP - the boss showed up.

Same...I hit the insurgent camp once or twice, pvp once, hit a low exp building like the armory once or twice, and repeat...seems to pop up quicker with a minimal increase in exp

Alaneapen
03-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Hit an armory, it will trigger. Wasted xp doing valor missions, finished boss 22 with health boost and boosts factored in.

BSG123
03-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Same here. I have much higher stats this time round but can only finish 6 bosses instead of 11 bosses in level 151-200
Not sure wat they change again

There has been no change in boss health, 100-151 tier.

sbs2716g
03-20-2013, 04:15 PM
There has been no change in boss health, 100-151 tier.
There are ppl who complain about the difficulties in the boss event for 151-200 before the previous boss event n they change it to make it slightly easier. But this time round they make the boss event for 151-200 harder again. Not sure what they are doing again.

Sexc_Jess
03-20-2013, 05:09 PM
OK, so i beat the boss 7-8 times before the event dropped. If I beat the boss 35 times and I log a support ticket, would gree honour it? Have they in the past?

Madcowdave
03-20-2013, 05:54 PM
Sexc_Jess - yes. I've done it several times. Include a screen shot of boss 36. Response time: 1-3 weeks. Closer to 2-3 weeks since WD started.

OK, so i beat the boss 7-8 times before the event dropped. If I beat the boss 35 times and I log a support ticket, would gree honour it? Have they in the past?

sledge 187
03-20-2013, 06:05 PM
There are two "new" issues/changes 1. Boosts now work on boss 2. Boss difficult to triggerBoth my android accounts have NO trouble triggering. Is this an ios problem only?My boss attack is about 5% lower than my profile stats (i understand android should show fully boosted stats in profile)is this the same on ios now? I see many people reporting boss damage much higher than their prof atk.

Sexc_Jess
03-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Sexc_Jess - yes. I've done it several times. Include a screen shot of boss 36. Response time: 1-3 weeks. Closer to 2-3 weeks since WD started.

Good to know, thanks for this.

Roscoe782
03-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Hey, just like what we thought...how do we fix a problem...let's give the players another free 50 gold...lol...have fun with the changed and the china event bring over Easter...lol

Alaneapen
03-21-2013, 06:15 AM
My damage is higher than my profile stats, my boosted atk is 70.2 k but i am hitting for 76 k, enough for boss 24 but not any further

ShirleyManson
03-21-2013, 08:19 AM
what is the formula for experience earned again?

DarthJim
03-21-2013, 08:30 AM
Beat the boss at lvl 10, but no loot dropped. Wonderful, I even had to resort to a couple med packs on this one. There is no way I will waste even more gold to defeat lvl 11.

sledge 187
03-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Beat the boss at lvl 10, but no loot dropped. Wonderful, I even had to resort to a couple med packs on this one. There is no way I will waste even more gold to defeat lvl 11.

Check your inventory carefully, I had 2 out of 24 bosses show a black screen for reward but i have 24 boss units in inventory. Maybe you got yours too?

Dudebot121256
03-21-2013, 10:28 AM
what is the formula for experience earned again?(5 multiplied by the Level of boss)+5 if I recall correctly.

Ex: Boss 30=(5x30)+5=155

Dutchie
03-21-2013, 10:53 AM
(5 multiplied by the Level of boss)+5 if I recall correctly.

Ex: Boss 30=(5x30)+5=160

That is correct but boss 30 is 5 x 30 = 150 + 5 = 155 :)

But hey, what is 5 XP between friends, especially as it takes 5 XP, sometimes more to trigger the damn thing now :)

Dudebot121256
03-21-2013, 11:00 AM
That is correct but boss 30 is 5 x 30 = 150 + 5 = 155 :)

But hey, what is 5 XP between friends, especially as it takes 5 XP, sometimes more to trigger the damn thing now :)Geez, what a fail, I didn't even see the extra 5 I added on by mistake. Thanks :p

13Stalker
03-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Does anyone know about how much gold it would take to kill the boss the last 20 times. I am Rank Major with Att 35,000, lvl 105. Tempted to try, but dont want to break the bank...

Sillybeans
03-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know about how much gold it would take to kill the boss the last 20 times. I am Rank Major with Att 35,000, lvl 105. Tempted to try, but don't want to break the bank...

Having half the stats for the tier is roughly 200g if u use it wisely... and having 1/3 is around 400g... your sat at 7/30th approx stats to do ur tier so pritty close to 700-800g is my guess

I'm 60.4k atk raw and lv28 was done without gold. Expecting to use 1 health pack until 33 and two for 34 and 35 resulting in 120g for the boss.

Half the requirement gets u to lv25ish without gold.

ShirleyManson
03-21-2013, 12:51 PM
20 commons / 11 uncommons / 4 rares

Alo
03-22-2013, 04:39 AM
hmmm...minime just beated lvl26, is almoust at the end of lvl19 and soon getting to lvl 20. Should I go for 27th or not? I want to make TWO full bosses before next tier. Also faction wars make points/experience and adding allies. Lvl 26 took 11 cash and 4 free hits. Question is, is it worth it :D

anonymousMW
03-22-2013, 06:54 AM
The easiest boss of all time. above 640 bars, this only 60 ingots.

sledge 187
03-22-2013, 07:53 AM
hmmm...minime just beated lvl26, is almoust at the end of lvl19 and soon getting to lvl 20. Should I go for 27th or not? I want to make TWO full bosses before next tier. Also faction wars make points/experience and adding allies. Lvl 26 took 11 cash and 4 free hits. Question is, is it worth it :D

Even if you stop now, you will have a difficult time beating the next boss(3325 XP + XP triggering) + 2 faction wars + whatever else you participate in- and still stay below level 26. If your goal is to beat 2 bosses in tier 1 you better take this one out.

Dutchie
03-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Even if you stop now, you will have a difficult time beating the next boss(3150 XP + XP triggering) + 2 faction wars + whatever else you participate in- and still stay below level 26. If your goal is to beat 2 bosses in tier 1 you better take this one out.

Agreed on that!

Fivestars02
03-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Hei Boomer
Can you explain why after the level 150 it is unfair from GREE to reach the 35th boss?? The difference in health of boss is not proportioned passing from lev 149 to lev 150 + , players is not gaining 100 k points which allow to have a similar change of the previous level.

Civiltrojan
03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
(5 multiplied by the Level of boss)+5 if I recall correctly.

Ex: Boss 30=(5x30)+5=155

How is that experience earned? All at the end after you beat the boss or a certain amount per attack on the boss? I'm asking because when you level up, your health resets, (essentially giving you a free med pack) and I'm trying to time it perfectly. I'm a little worried because a friend of mine was trying to do the same thing but leveled up after his third attack on the boss.

Dutchie
03-22-2013, 10:40 AM
How is that experience earned? All at the end after you beat the boss or a certain amount per attack on the boss? I'm asking because when you level up, your health resets, (essentially giving you a free med pack) and I'm trying to time it perfectly. I'm a little worried because a friend of mine was trying to do the same thing but leveled up after his third attack on the boss.

Yes, after you have defeated the boss. So if you are trying to get the level up whilst you are attacking the boss, you need to complete some goals that earn XP and level you up right after you have done your attack on the boss and your health is at 0.

fils
03-22-2013, 11:05 AM
I've just sent you a ticket but I see now that are being similar issues regarding what I reported. Nevertheless, I hope to get my PLAAF Striker soon!!

raider
03-22-2013, 11:27 AM
all seem well for me..

Chairman Han
03-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Easiest boss ever. No gold used and the prizes are great - 8 rare plus the final air unit. I guess the level 100 - 150 is the best range now. Will try to stay in as long as possible.

Sillybeans
03-22-2013, 02:00 PM

Check the thread in my siggy - It should explain everything. Have the estimated avg atk to finish it without gold but We dont know how the health is curved yet.

Already finished this boss event, so the next I'll start writing down all health (approx) for each level and try and get the curve.

montrealrocket
03-22-2013, 02:32 PM
I have had only a little trouble triggering bosses, maybe half the rate it was before. I am currently raiding like a madman so triggering was not an issue. I am about to beat boss 38 to get the counter to 35........ Not the kinda thing that inspires confidence but oh well. Figured I'd post something other than a complaint.

Hi there - did you finally get your reward... I sent a ticket and stopped at boss number 36...waiting to get an answer. I am pissed.:mad:

MadFox
03-23-2013, 01:07 AM
I hope we get the rewards this year....

Longshot
03-23-2013, 06:07 AM
I am stuck at 25... The screen still locks up and takes me at least a 20 gold epic hit or two full health to beat him and still can't pass 25... HMMMM

Longshot
03-23-2013, 06:13 AM
SO to win this EPIC BOSS fight 35 times a new player OBVIOUSLY can't as I only started last week with 5K att and 5K def. I put 100g into this thing already.. Talk about BAIT... You would think we would have a reasonable shot at completing this like those who played for a year or so with the five figure Att.. and Def. stats.. But I guess these are weighted for money players or those who have been on a while... ? HMM

J Cool
03-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Any benefits to continue killing him through level 35 outside getting the items from each win? He just popped again an he's level 36 so ....

Dudebot121256
03-23-2013, 03:20 PM
Any benefits to continue killing him through level 35 outside the just the items from each win? He just popped again an he's level 36 so ....Other than getting XP and extra units, there is no bonus to beating the epic boss past level 35.

Sillybeans
03-23-2013, 04:35 PM
SO to win this EPIC BOSS fight 35 times a new player OBVIOUSLY can't as I only started last week with 5K att and 5K def. I put 100g into this thing already.. Talk about BAIT... You would think we would have a reasonable shot at completing this like those who played for a year or so with the five figure Att.. and Def. stats.. But I guess these are weighted for money players or those who have been on a while... ? HMM

You do :)
http://i46.tinypic.com/15846p.jpg

tony5560
03-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Beat the boss 35 times all 35 pieces but no grand prize plane what's up with that anyone having that problem

Dudebot121256
03-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Beat the boss 35 times all 35 pieces but no grand prize plane what's up with that anyone having that problemTry beating the boss a few more times. This happens when people defeat the boss before the goal shows up so by the time the goal arrives, you already have a few bosses defeated and the goal doesn't count those. If the event ends and you're past the level 35 boss but you don't have the grand prize, send a ticket to support. They'll give you the prize if you qualify for it.

Jonmutley
03-24-2013, 09:26 AM
I saw the differences in numbers from goals folder and my boss page early on and decided to stop at 30. No point going through the grief! Lol. I will see if its sorted for the next boss game in approx 2 weeks. :)

CJ54
03-24-2013, 11:40 AM
We're going to awarding everyone who beat 35 or more bosses but didn't get the item, with the item. We'll be pulling a list of those players affected as soon as possible and then awarding the item, I'll post here when we do.

cousingeorge
03-24-2013, 01:44 PM
We're going to awarding everyone who beat 35 or more bosses but didn't get the item, with the item. We'll be pulling a list of those players affected as soon as possible and then awarding the item, I'll post here when we do.

Do you want us to send in a ticket now? Or wait for you to post and then send a ticket if we still don't get the reward

Dudebot121256
03-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Do you want us to send in a ticket now? Or wait for you to post and then send a ticket if we still don't get the rewardYou should wait until he posts the list. Then if you still don't have it a day after the list is posted, send a ticket.

GTZ
03-24-2013, 07:42 PM
got my prize with no problems. it was sweet

General Paul
03-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Im stuck at lvl 15 boss. So far i only won 1 rare, 3 uncommon & 10 common. Still too far to beat that lvl 35 :( . Congrats to everyone who'v won the PLAAF Striker T_T

I am a cow
03-25-2013, 01:43 AM
I beat the boss 11 times then couldnt be stuffed to wait longer because of the crappy return rate

CJ54
03-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Okay, everyone who had over 35 boss kills but didn't have the goal reward item now has the goal reward item.

The Billionaire
03-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Okay, everyone who had over 35 boss kills but didn't have the goal reward item now has the goal reward item.

Thanks CJ, i've received mine so well done.

I'm sure this communication has saved a lot of tickets being sent in to support.

Sexc_Jess
03-25-2013, 04:25 PM

Yep just got mine, thanks mate. Good to see Gree sticking to their word on this one.

BigD@wg
03-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Just saw mine too. Thanks CJ for letting us know.

cousingeorge
03-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Got mine too. Thanks!!!!!

Thegentleway
03-26-2013, 05:33 AM

Got it, Thanks CJ!

Ghost614
03-26-2013, 06:52 AM
got mine too... thanks! any word yet on the event? still waiting to start even though it says its in progress...thanks!!!

Speed ump
03-30-2013, 10:36 PM
It's strange hearing those words come from such a prevented and sick person bill. Go seek help now, don't wait. And get a life while you're at it. You obviously arnt happy with the one you have.

Angry Mob
03-31-2013, 02:57 AM
It would be nice if we can earn explosives and bombs thru boss events, so that quantity is limited. If Crime City can have it why not Modern War?? It only makes since right, I.E.D's, Car bombs, napalms, scuds, nukes, gernades, claymores, etc... where is the suggestion box??

Angry Mob
03-31-2013, 02:58 AM
Anybody has a list of countries we will be doing after China?

NaRciS
03-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Thank CJ,

That was a surprise as my first wins didn't register then reset and some froze... I thought that all was lost even though I got near to level 35 again, with the problems I got well over....

But my prize arrived! thanks :)

Alo
04-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Even if you stop now, you will have a difficult time beating the next boss(3325 XP + XP triggering) + 2 faction wars + whatever else you participate in- and still stay below level 26. If your goal is to beat 2 bosses in tier 1 you better take this one out.

I stopped at 26, no gold to go for final. Right now my mini is lvl20, so I'm willing to be shield power hitter for any top 1000 team, so I wouldnt have to level up more than to lvl 25 and get next boss in this tier too. But I dont have required 10k attack yet for the boss event :( only at 7k :( how much of grees free gold I have to spend for health packs? :D