PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate War Question

DrBoomblob
03-18-2013, 12:04 PM
1) Is bonus IP given for winning a war?

Our syndicate understands the ultimate goal is to gain IP and win an item (were targetting top 1000 prize), but we still want to win each war (may just be pride thing). I would like to think that there is an IP bonus for each war for a W and whether it is applied immediately after the war or at the end of the event. or some kind of formula for w/l for bonus ip.

AshKetchumAge10
03-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I've pretty much check out the other threads and they all say the same thing. There's always a chance that GREE could change it, but that's not probable. In short... No.

DrBoomblob
03-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Ok.. so next question is:

1) Doesn't this diminish the role of the hideout?

I understand the teams we are matched up against are supposed to be in the same IP bracket range, so by not having a hideout and losing double the IP, that 1 team may get further ahead... but for the big picture, for all the mid to low tier syndicates (out of the top 500), why spend money to defend if there is a huge range of syndicates fighting for the IP prize.

My thinking is that if i don't need to care about my syndicate's W-L because there is no incentive behind winning the war, I should be happy to do a war with no hideout and spend my cash on the other bonuses which would help gain more ip because attacking/defending is worth more, even if i lose to an evenly matched team 8000 to 16000. Unless of course there were only a few teams in my bracket (like in the top 25, or top 100, where that 8000 ip may make a difference).

maybe I am wrong.but i just think winning the war should matter for something. haha. I think gree would make more money too if people said
"Hey let's spend more gold because it's such a close battle and we need to win the war!"

cooch
03-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Ok.. so next question is:

1) Doesn't this diminish the role of the hideout?

I understand the teams we are matched up against are supposed to be in the same IP bracket range, so by not having a hideout and losing double the IP, that 1 team may get further ahead... but for the big picture, for all the mid to low tier syndicates (out of the top 500), why spend money to defend if there is a huge range of syndicates fighting for the IP prize.

My thinking is that if i don't need to care about my syndicate's W-L because there is no incentive behind winning the war, I should be happy to do a war with no hideout and spend my cash on the other bonuses which would help gain more ip because attacking/defending is worth more, even if i lose to an evenly matched team 8000 to 16000. Unless of course there were only a few teams in my bracket (like in the top 25, or top 100, where that 8000 ip may make a difference).

maybe I am wrong.but i just think winning the war should matter for something. haha. I think gree would make more money too if people said
"Hey let's spend more gold because it's such a close battle and we need to win the war!"

No hideout equals double pts for your opponent equals multiple poundings if spending gold or leveling up equals lots of IP vs you getting next to Buttkiss in standings.

Eventually, like perhaps next event, Gree will make awards only for Top 1000 so you need to figure out what makes sense. Also who knows they may give us pts for winning battles which now is an ego thing. If you get 50,000 pts and lose the battle you'd take the 50K and go to next battle.

DrBoomblob
03-18-2013, 02:32 PM
ok thanks for the insight.

i may still be too low a level to understand the big picture impact.