PDA

View Full Version : one-man syndicates

gunny22
03-17-2013, 03:42 AM
Before the first syndicate war when I looked at the existing syndicates I noticed many had only 1 or a few members. Then I thought these would be really easy targets: everybody just attack the one guy.

Now the war has began and I had a few one-man syndicates against mine, I know better: these guys are not so stupid at all. Because I cannot choose who I fight against, but gree finds me a syndicate with matching strength.

This means I receive an enemy who has a def which is the sum of all my members' attack value. Which means that this guy is stronger than every single member in my syndicate. Which means that everybody looses from this guy. Which means that we stay at 0 points and the other syndicate just gets more points for every attack we do.

For instance, I'm L50 30k attack, the strongest in my syndicate with 14 members. I fought against one-man syndicate L200 with 75k def (and lost, obviously).

The only strategy I see against a one-man syndicate is do not attack at all, and save your health points to start the next battle faster. Do you agree?

Dhusagar
03-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Before the first syndicate war when I looked at the existing syndicates I noticed many had only 1 or a few members. Then I thought these would be really easy targets: everybody just attack the one guy.

Now the war has began and I had a few one-man syndicates against mine, I know better: these guys are not so stupid at all. Because I cannot choose who I fight against, but gree finds me a syndicate with matching strength.

This means I receive an enemy who has a def which is the sum of all my members' attack value. Which means that this guy is stronger than every single member in my syndicate. Which means that everybody looses from this guy. Which means that we stay at 0 points and the other syndicate just gets more points for every attack we do.

For instance, I'm L50 30k attack, the strongest in my syndicate with 14 members. I fought against one-man syndicate L200 with 75k def (and lost, obviously).

The only strategy I see against a one-man syndicate is do not attack at all, and save your health points to start the next battle faster. Do you agree?

I am one of the 1 man syndicates :-)

Having a great time 20-0 so far. The downside is half points cos it is not worthwhile attacking the defences.

Still..... Iam aiming for a top 250 place ATM. Only 40k adrift.

Good luck playing.

Alice
03-17-2013, 04:26 AM
I am one of the 1 man syndicates :-)

Having a great time 20-0 so far. The downside is half points cos it is not worthwhile attacking the defences.

Still..... Iam aiming for a top 250 place ATM. Only 40k adrift.

Good luck playing.

How many IP did you got per hit...?

Dipstik
03-17-2013, 05:56 AM
It's a really bad strategy to hope your opponents are stupid enough to attack you repeatedly. He still only gets one attack every 25 min.

gunny22
03-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Having a great time 20-0 so far.
Exactly my point.
Thanks for confirming.

OneHoop
03-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Here's your strategy gunny, have everyone attack his fortress and then his command center. He should have to use gold to beat you... particularly since points awarded are relative to his level versus opponent. Hideout hits are only like a 1/10th of player hits, but so long as you outnumber him more than 10:1 then it should still be a viable strategy. Caveat: I haven't tried hitting the command center. Besides, W:L is for bragging rights only, you still want to maximize Influence Points, so even if you were going to declare it a loss, you'd still want to take the 2 hits that you could regenerate during the hour long battle.

No experience gain for hideout hits either, so I'm surprised that camper accounts aren't trying this. Don't want to risk losing the $30,000 per attack, no doubt. (although I'm losing a lot more than that in explosives, but mostly for attacks since I'm neither the highest level nor the weakest)

I had thought about forming a 2 man syndicate with my LLP (which is actually almost the same level after I gave up on ROI), since originally I thought that the 3 highest scorers in each syndicate would receive a special prize and because no one could declare war without me. I hadn't seen anything about a prize for top-3 from each syndicate since then. Is that still happening? (might put that in a new thread if no answer here)

I ended up joining a syndicate that a mafia member invited me to. I liked it because I always felt that mafia communication was too troublesome and wanted to share info in a forum other than this one. I also liked that they already had buiding output and defense at 25% and most other defense (at that time). I didn't like it because he left us for another syndicate, but I stuck it out...

M@

Alice
03-17-2013, 12:22 PM
It's a really bad strategy to hope your opponents are stupid enough to attack you repeatedly. He still only gets one attack every 25 min.

Right, when eventually people learn how to play, they won't benefit from this anymore.

OneHoop
03-17-2013, 12:22 PM
PS The reason that Dhugsar is doing so well is that his opponents are stupid enough to attack him repeatedly. You gain IP for successful defends, too, unlike the PvP event.

cooch
03-17-2013, 03:13 PM
PS The reason that Dhugsar is doing so well is that his opponents are stupid enough to attack him repeatedly. You gain IP for successful defends, too, unlike the PvP event.

Won't one of the parameters of match ups by next war be Top 1000 vs Top 1000 etc? These one man syns will get thumped and the syns that put up against them that are inferior in strength will figure out what to do next round.