PDA

View Full Version : The ULTIMATE Cash Grab!

Sunsets
03-16-2013, 09:48 PM
For those who haven't quite figured it out yet, Gree is a business that's out there for maximum profit - As is the case with just about any business. If you want to quickly get a for-profit business's attention: Then learn to talk on their terms. Money speaks louder than words in their world: Get the top 3 teams to come to an agreement on a non-spending truce, and you might find that they'll respond a little faster :cool:.

This whole last minute change with the World Domination Event date was nothing short of a massive cash grab to quickly improve Gree's first fiscal quarter for 2013. The first business fiscal quarter runs through March, which is rapidly coming to a close now.

If you honestly believe the explanations that were provided, claiming that all previous events had passed, when they were clearly listed otherwise - Then they really do have you blinded. It doesn't bother me in the least that they changed the date to improve their financial reports for this first quarter, I understand that. However, they easily could have just admitted that they determined to bump the date for the World Domination Event up earlier. But the fact that they had to cover up their tracks with a story like the one they pulled I do find somewhat disturbing.

To top it off, they threw the schedule changes that they made into a forced and hidden update, removing the old schedule which clearly listed three additional events as "TBD" - Further proving that they bypassed the schedule that they originally put in place.

Also, you'll notice that the primary forum manager conveniently happened to take a vacation three days before the WD Event would be started, and then conveniently happens to return one day before it ends. Just saying.

Now don't get me wrong. I love Gree, I love the forums here, I love our forum manager and I love this game. But don't be fooled. The World Domination event is obviously a cash-grab plastered with a very weak cover up, and so far, it's obviously working.

Enjoy your spending! ;)

Alice
03-16-2013, 09:55 PM
:rolleyes: we NGF syndicate really don't care...

Sunsets
03-16-2013, 10:01 PM
I didn't spend a dime on this event either, so I really don't care one way or the other. Just making a few observations ;)

dudeman
03-16-2013, 10:12 PM
All of that based on the assumption that the "last minute change" was actually a last minute change.

Okay, true, it may have been... Or it could have been planned that way all along. Unless you work at Gree, you don't really know for certain.

They do have a history of pulling the old bait and switch, and on more than one occasion. The difference this time is that it was done before the event started and not half way through it. That, at least, can almost be considered a step in the right direction.

Sunsets
03-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Perhaps it really was an unexpected last minute change. Perhaps they really didn't take into consideration the fact that squeezing in the WD Event right before the end of the first 2013 fiscal quarter would cause profits to drastically increase. Perhaps it really was all just one big coincidence. Or perhaps it was all planned right from the get-go.

Either way, at least they did provide a warning in advance that they were making changes this time. Got to give them kudos for that :p

mxz
03-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Well, remember how we learned from CJ on the MW side that once a date is set it's nearly impossible to change it? I'm paraphrasing, of course, but he did mention that it would take an extraordinary circumstance to move something up/back. Add in that CJ himself is out of town for the event, so there must be a super important Earth shattering reason for them to have moved this.

We can speculate. Meteor? Dinosaurs escaped their secret breeding facility in Mountain View? Some sort of boycott threat from FC? The world may never know. :)

Sunsets
03-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Well, remember how we learned from CJ on the MW side that once a date is set it's nearly impossible to change it?

Yeah. I was wondering if I was the only one who remembered him saying something like that

I'm paraphrasing, of course, but he did mention that it would take an extraordinary circumstance to move something up/back. We can speculate. Meteor? Dinosaurs escaped their secret breeding facility in Mountain View? Some sort of boycott threat from FC? The world may never know. :)

+1 LOL :D

Dope
03-16-2013, 11:29 PM
No doubt it's a cash grab, hence the discount on gold and extension but, this is what many people including myself have been waiting for. Personally I did not want to wait for 2-3 more events, possibly taking three more weeks to get this, the main event! You're not forced to buy gold and we have had plenty of time to prepare. Or maybe it was bumped up to get player feedback, I have a few. Seeing your own syndicates defence leader and hideout health would help a lot. But all in all, almost anything in this game could be called a cash grab, maybe Gree is giving the majority what they want. Finally, thank you all for making this a challenge, my syndicate is battling hard just to get into the top 250.

Sunsets
03-17-2013, 12:26 AM
No doubt it's a cash grab, hence the discount on gold and extension but, this is what many people including myself have been waiting for.

Told you it's working. I rest my case :cool:

cooch
03-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Told you it's working. I rest my case :cool:

One thing for sure these events have to meet P/L objectives and end of Quarter needs. Can make excuses, assumptions and guesses as to why the lack of notice and completion of objectives that even a 4th grader knows don't add up.

Have to go with the flow and spending real money with discount still is in the hands of the buyer or boycotter. But no one except Bala was forced to buy gold and spend it!:rolleyes

Let's see if Cc moves up on the Itune list of sales.

Sunsets
03-17-2013, 01:02 AM
Let's see if Cc moves up on the Itune list of sales.

We'll see if their plan works or not. :) So far it's looking good

no one except Bala was forced to buy gold and spend it!

Bala can be pretty funny at times. I was laughing when I saw him post that earlier. Those Frosty Hideouts he was forced to buy are vicious little devils I tell ya. When they scream buy me, those suckers mean business ;)

Polarbear
03-17-2013, 01:22 AM
Gold FTW!

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p503/Polar2Bear/23304a5ae4613d387143ddd480f2432a_zpsc027b0a6.jpg

gunny22
03-17-2013, 03:27 AM
If you want to quickly get a for-profit business's attention: Then learn to talk on their terms. Money speaks louder than words in their world: Get the top 3 teams to come to an agreement on a non-spending truce, and you might find that they'll respond a little faster :cool:.

How much % would that represent of their revenue? 0.001?

But the fact that they had to cover up their tracks with a story like the one they pulled I do find somewhat disturbing.

You could be right about all that, but there are some elements against your position also:

To top it off, they threw the schedule changes that they made into a forced and hidden update, removing the old schedule which clearly listed three additional events as "TBD" - Further proving that they bypassed the schedule that they originally put in place.

The original schedule had no dates. The schedule had incorrect names, it looked more like a bad copy from MW with many things they just overlooked.

Also, you'll notice that the primary forum manager conveniently happened to take a vacation three days before the WD Event would be started, and then conveniently happens to return one day before it ends. Just saying.

In my company, when you have a vacation booked a long time ago, the boss cannot recall it, not even for an important job. And I wouldn't even call the first syndicate war an "important job" for the guy who maintains the forum.

My 2cts.