PDA

View Full Version : Has Modern War Done Enough for Sea Inventory? (aka Stealth Frigates)

CRAWFORD
03-15-2013, 11:46 PM
What do people think about Sea Units both in the cash and valor category? Was it really necessary to elminate Stealth Frigates? This is a thread for everyone including the people who designed this. Why get rid of Stealth Frigates and not replace it with anything else? Has the casualty rate of the Stealth Frigate gone up? Of all my valor units, the only one that seems to get any casualties are my Frigates. I've lost as many demolitions units as Stealth Frigates since they took it out of purchasing.

I ask these things because in many ways being Great Britain is no longer very competetive. Every other type (sea, ground, infantry, air) has a cheap, medium, and high valor choice cost. Why get rid of Stealth Frigate without exchanging it our fixing it (if for some reason there seems to be a problem with it)?

Could Modern War consider putting back in or finding a suitable replacement (for those of you designers and or managers that make those descisions and look at the forums)?

Jhenry02
03-16-2013, 12:03 PM
The stealth frigate was too powerful.
It was great in stats, cheap, and rarely died.
So instead of nerfing it, they junked it.

General Soviet
03-16-2013, 12:06 PM
I never used Stealth Frigates that often, although I heard they were excellent. We need more overpowered valor units for the LLPs, haha! The unit update added tons of new sea units along with others, I assume you can make up for the Stealth Frigates.

SevenO9
03-16-2013, 12:07 PM
The M4A1 of MW quasi

mxz
03-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Since it's a LE item shouldn't it be indestructible? :cool:

American Capitalist
03-16-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm a Russian and pretty happy I didn't go with Britan despite it being the better choice at the time. Can't ever have enough hornets.

BigD@wg
03-16-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm a Russian and pretty happy I didn't go with Britan despite it being the better choice at the time. Can't ever have enough hornets.

Actually 2001 hornets would be one too many since you can only bring max of 2000 units to battle. :D

*but I know what you meant*

stephen2013
03-16-2013, 04:00 PM
1) agreed. the stealth frigate was very powerful, as J said. Many advantages, no big disadvantages.
2) agreed on the casualty rate. Now I lose them left and right, sometimes as often as submarines.
3) I really wish they didn't take them out of the game. They were a huge source of attack for my army. :(

CRAWFORD
03-16-2013, 09:45 PM
In my opinion I didn't think they were that OP. They only 31 attack and 18 Defense. Not a very good defensive unit, strong against navy...

Anyhow, the slot itself has made a huge impact. For example, Infantry has the Marine, Ground the 17/30 thing, Air the hornet, Navy... nothing. The only unit affordable and useful to make up an even mediocre body is the titan ship.

They really need to fix this unit. If its a loot item... it should definitely be indestructible. If they did that right now I wouldn't complain... however, for the future sea players, its virtually impossible to start a successful army.

Drama Llama
03-17-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm pretty sure they took it out by mistake as it's the only sane reason that they would do so. As has been said it leaves a big hole where there is no low/mid priced valour unit for sea unlike all the other flags.

CRAWFORD
03-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Thats interesting. Does someone else confirm it.

CRAWFORD
03-17-2013, 04:46 PM
I wonder if CJ54 does whats going with the Stealth Frigate. It really wasn't that OP, and if they really felt it was, they only had to take off the strong against sea or raise it 50 valor. Which would probably make the hornet the clear favorite.

CRAWFORD
03-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Just an update but... does no one know any incoming rumors or facts as to whether the unit will return or replaced?

Juggernaut
03-31-2013, 11:13 PM
Damn!! Rapidly upgraded shipyard to unlock it only to find its off the list!! :mad::mad: