PDA

View Full Version : How many allies?

Starling
03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
I have a question for all you knowledgable MW folks out there. I have heard the rumors of having too many allies. The same for not enough allies. Dropping your count down to hide tactic. I think that you need at the most is 500 right? That the amount you take into battle is your level x 5. So if you are level 50, you get to use 250 allies. Please shed some knowledge on me so I can be a better player and maybe even win a battle or two, but not against you because you are giving me some help. Unless you have a level 10 money building I can raid.

PITA4PRES
03-15-2013, 03:45 PM
The most that does you any good is 500. You are correct that you get to take 5 allies into battle for each level you are. For each of those allies you get to take 4 of your units into battle. So level 50 x 5 allies x 4 units=1000 units. Contrary to what some people seem to believe, you do not take your allies units into battle with you. Consequently some people will only take high level allies thinking it makes them stronger because their allies are stronger, but that is not the case. Allies just help you take more units into battle. Hope this helps.

ohgreatitsryan
03-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Are you trying to hide over vault? If so, let us know your level and ally count, and we can help you more......

ohgreatitsryan
03-15-2013, 05:00 PM
I was just trolling, I'd delete that info from your post, some forumites are fu...well, you get the idea.

But, now that I'm all on the spot, your ally count depends on what you are trying to do, if I'm hunting people(which I pretty much always am) I drop a considerable amount of allies, if not I stay at 500 for WD and Boss events. I would recommend dropping down to 500, or possibly less at your level, just because there are a lot of people, myself included in this, that specifically target people that have a ton of allies. That is because, from experience, people that have a ton of allies usually don't know what they are doing. I could get into my theories about why, but, for some reason, it holds fairly true. It also depends heavily on your A/D, and if you want to PM, I can go into a little bit more detail, but it really depends on what you want to do.

tl;dr There is no one universally correct answer.

Товарищ
03-15-2013, 06:12 PM
I have a question for all you knowledgable MW folks out there. I have heard the rumors of having too many allies. The same for not enough allies. Dropping your count down to hide tactic. I think that you need at the most is 500 right? That the amount you take into battle is your level x 5. So if you are level 50, you get to use 250 allies. Please shed some knowledge on me so I can be a better player and maybe even win a battle or two, but not against you because you are giving me some help. Unless you have a level 10 money building I can raid.
1. The game puts your rivals in a "bracket" that is closely your level and more loosely your ally count.
2. You bring your strongest units for att & def.

This makes att/def -density relevant. It's the by far biggest factor.
So it's not your absolute stats that matter, but your relative strength - within your bracket.

Skyser30518
03-15-2013, 07:06 PM
1. The game puts your rivals in a "bracket" that is closely your level and more loosely your ally count.
2. You bring your strongest units for att & def.

This makes att/def -density relevant. It's the by far biggest factor.
So it's not your absolute stats that matter, but your relative strength - within your bracket.

Not anymore. Gree has changed thr complexion of the game. I have 211 allies. My rival list only shows people with 480-1600 allies. So much for PvP. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

Товарищ
03-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Not anymore. Gree has changed thr complexion of the game. I have 211 allies. My rival list only shows people with 480-1600 allies. So much for PvP. Oh well, fun while it lasted.
Mine is still like I described.
What lvl are you, maybe you're in the whale zone... but didn't they change that too recently?

Skyser30518
03-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Up until today, when I first started the game, I had a normal rival list. It wouldn't shoot up until I refreshed. When I signed on this evening, the "boosted" rival list was there. I've closed and reopened numerous time and I cannot get it back. I'm level 139. I can see levels 119-196, all almost max allies. I just looked at a guy that was 50+ levels higher than me, almost full allies 497, and 5x my stats. Had over 530k unboosted on both his stats. Not sure what Gree thinks about this. Really frustrated. At least before, I could do a few attacks, close out, reopen, and do more. I can't even do that anymore. I was ok when I could see people my level and within 100-150 allies of me. My stats at pretty good for 200 allies, so I routinely attacked people with 100 more allies, but this is ridiculous. I guess there's no point to me trying to get stronger. No more gold for me.

The most disappointing thing for me is I have truly enjoyed this game. I find myself playing many times a day and buying a good amount of gold. I love PvP. Now, I'm so disgusted, I open just to open a crate, collect, and close. I'm having buyers remorse as I would still be in th same predicament I'm in now if I hadn't spent any gold. Overall, this has removed my joy of the game. I hope Gree sees the errors of their way.

KFH
03-16-2013, 02:15 AM
being an high level play i found the list staying the same i drop a certain amount of allies and i stay away from sharks

LagBolt
03-16-2013, 02:19 AM
It is now irrelevant how many allies you have. 5 or 500 makes no difference, you will still be attacked by people stronger than you. The only advantage to lots of allies it for the boss events to give you a higher attack

Q Raider
03-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Just personal experience, Lower ally count does seem to make an ipad1 game more stable in PVP, still get crashouts but not as often.

DunkNL
03-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Up until today, when I first started the game, I had a normal rival list. It wouldn't shoot up until I refreshed. When I signed on this evening, the "boosted" rival list was there. I've closed and reopened numerous time and I cannot get it back. I'm level 139. I can see levels 119-196, all almost max allies. I just looked at a guy that was 50+ levels higher than me, almost full allies 497, and 5x my stats. Had over 530k unboosted on both his stats. Not sure what Gree thinks about this. Really frustrated. At least before, I could do a few attacks, close out, reopen, and do more. I can't even do that anymore. I was ok when I could see people my level and within 100-150 allies of me. My stats at pretty good for 200 allies, so I routinely attacked people with 100 more allies, but this is ridiculous. I guess there's no point to me trying to get stronger. No more gold for me.

The most disappointing thing for me is I have truly enjoyed this game. I find myself playing many times a day and buying a good amount of gold. I love PvP. Now, I'm so disgusted, I open just to open a crate, collect, and close. I'm having buyers remorse as I would still be in th same predicament I'm in now if I hadn't spent any gold. Overall, this has removed my joy of the game. I hope Gree sees the errors of their way.
I have had the same experience. When I refreshed the rival list i got the weird boosted one, but when i closed the game and reopened I still had a 'normal' rival list. Now it's straight to the boosted one.
This game change has completely eliminated pvp strategy revolving ally count. Now more or less doesn't matter, because you will only meet people based on 'similar' att/def stats. Pvp is no use this way, because you lose way more than you can win back from valor missions or stealing money.
This has totally ruined the game for me, I wish they would change it back to the way it was.

Pollock13
03-25-2013, 01:59 PM
I have a question for all you knowledgable MW folks out there. I have heard the rumors of having too many allies. The same for not enough allies. Dropping your count down to hide tactic. I think that you need at the most is 500 right? That the amount you take into battle is your level x 5. So if you are level 50, you get to use 250 allies. Please shed some knowledge on me so I can be a better player and maybe even win a battle or two, but not against you because you are giving me some help. Unless you have a level 10 money building I can raid. is ally count or ally level more important?

ProCision
03-25-2013, 02:09 PM
the level of your allies do not matter what so ever. better off having very low to very high allies so they have no chance at hitting you. i like to take allies at the same level so I can spy on them.

Thlinks
03-25-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't think it matters regardless .. You elminate buying gold you make a balanced game ... High rollers just buy there wins and to me it's not fair.. That's like someone on wheel of fortune throws some money to pat sjaak so they can spin the wheel again.. It's greedy as **** IMO and I think we are all suckers for throwing money and getting no profit..