PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Amigo

Bronson
03-15-2013, 02:35 AM
I visited one of my friends bases to see that everything has been blown up and he has left the game.

My last remaining Amigo and old school forum legend, Thunder Child, has left the game and thought he could go without any one noticing.... fat chance my friend!

This thread is dedicated to the man who started a million GOOD threads, helped others, brought a good dose of humour with him and was a big part of the appeal to read this forum when this place was actually worth visiting.

So congratulations to you for winning a Gree game, enjoy all your new found free time with your family and maybe one day you will make an Ali-like return to the ring.

Take care mate and all the best.

mickymacirl
03-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Oh no! Not Thunder Child! Miss you man!

MadFox
03-15-2013, 02:48 AM
Looks like his wife said "Quit the damn game or I'll leave!"
The game has lost a player and possible gold spender...
The forum has lost a valuable member...
But his wife won her husband back...this could have been the story...

Tournai
03-15-2013, 02:50 AM
thats a shame! But understandable! Good Luck TC

Ducati
03-15-2013, 03:03 AM
Sad news, another forum legend gone.

"T"
03-15-2013, 04:40 AM
I visited one of my friends bases to see that everything has been blown up and he has left the game.

My last remaining Amigo and old school forum legend, Thunder Child, has left the game and thought he could go without any one noticing.... fat chance my friend!

This thread is dedicated to the man who started a million GOOD threads, helped others, brought a good dose of humour with him and was a big part of the appeal to read this forum when this place was actually worth visiting.

So congratulations to you for winning a Gree game, enjoy all your new found free time with your family and maybe one day you will make an Ali-like return to the ring.

Take care mate and all the best.

Agreed Bronson, I'm a long term follower of the forum. Thunder Child was one of the more interesting posters with a good sense of humour. His threads were worth a read. A loss to the forum for sure.

Sepi
03-15-2013, 04:48 AM
Shame to hear that Thunder Child has gone, what a nice guy and personality. There´s still always a chance that he comes back and starts building his base from scratch (like I did after having about five month break). :)

Everson25
03-15-2013, 04:54 AM
I'm sad to hear another friend left the game. I wish TC all the best. I surely had lots of fun in the early times of this forum. Like Bronson said, when it was worthy to come here and have a laugh.

Jhoemel
03-15-2013, 05:01 AM
I cant believe it when i heard about it and Im sure you'll be missed man. Tc is one of the most awesome guys in the forums when the forums is still the place to be.

And dont forget tc that if I ever go to korea im going to sleep in your couch. Lol so be prepared. :)

Take care man

Mcdoc
03-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Truly a Sad day for MW Forums! I hope Thor makes a return once the battlefield has calmed.

Pour out a bottle :/

BTW - Is PJ married? Maybe this could become a trend - LoL

Arizona
03-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Good luck and best wishes TC. One of the original old school forumites. Those early days on the forum were the best. Always a laugh and a hijacked thread a day.
Only one amigo left now!

ohwhatafinish
03-15-2013, 06:02 AM
GREE - I hope you are taking note. Gamers are leaving the game at an alarming rate and I can't see it slowing down if something doesn't change

camper killer
03-15-2013, 06:03 AM
its a sad sad day.

Gambit12
03-15-2013, 06:14 AM
So long ThunderChild! Don't forget to bring the Thor with you cause your the only one can lift it. - not to mention the Incredible Hulk trying to lift it in the movie:cool:. Anyways, just drop by sometimes & check your forum family out..

Take Care mon ami..!

Poopenshire
03-15-2013, 08:37 AM
I have fired a 21 gun salute to a fallen comrade.

El Cid
03-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Farewell Thunder Child.

You are the first one who replied on my very first thread. And then Bronsom came along and both of you highjacked my thread hahaha.
Good memories :)

Jhenry02
03-15-2013, 08:51 AM
I was a long time forum watcher before I started posting.
Thunder Child was one of my first allies.
He will be missed.

-Jason

Warfiend
03-15-2013, 09:25 AM
that's depressing. I was wondering where he ended up recently, as he hasn't been on the forums much that I've seen, but since the factions, no one has, so I figured he ended up in some faction's forum somewhere like everyone else.

He had a good sense early on of what was wrong in the balance of this game.

I hope the very best for him.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Truly a Sad day for MW Forums! I hope Thor makes a return once the battlefield has calmed.Pour out a bottle :/BTW - Is PJ married? Maybe this could become a trend - LoLYes, PJ is married. The lovely Mrs. PJ has no objections to PJ playing a silly game. She knows where PJ is when PJ is gaming. I've never understood why spouses whine about their other half playing a game. Heck, people are using illegal drugs, having affairs, laying around their homes unemployed, fighting, arguing, etc... In the scope of things, this game is pretty innocent.

Ryans67
03-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Yes, PJ is married. The lovely Mrs. PJ has no objections to PJ playing a silly game. She knows where PJ is when PJ is gaming. I've never understood why spouses whine about their other half playing a game. Heck, people are using illegal drugs, having affairs, laying around their homes unemployed, fighting, arguing, etc... In the scope of things, this game is pretty innocent.

That is what I keep telling the spouse....

Aidan
03-15-2013, 12:43 PM
This amigo is so sad. He is too late to say goodbye to his amigo.

Goodbye amigo. I will always remember you.

Thief
03-15-2013, 12:54 PM
It's truly sad to see you go TC :(

You were one of the few remaining forum users i use to follow.

Bronson
03-15-2013, 12:59 PM
This amigo is so sad. He is too late to say goodbye to his amigo.

Goodbye amigo. I will always remember you.

Look at this! Just you when you thought there was only one Amigo left another comes back to life

ladyfizz27
03-15-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm sad to see another forum favourite gone. People are leaving all too often just lately, but man alive! Aidan is back!

Aidan
03-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Look at this! Just you when you thought there was only one Amigo left another comes back to life

Cant have you have all the attention mate!
Btw, did TC PMed you before he left?

I'm sad to see another forum favourite gone. People are leaving all too often just lately, but man alive! Aidan is back!

Hey Mi lady. Miss you darling. How's life treating you?

ladyfizz27
03-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Hey Mi lady. Miss you darling. How's life treating you?

I'm good thanks, yourself? Where have you been??? Sorry Bronson, for hijacking your thread

Aidan
03-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Lol. The jack king got his thread hijacked.
I'm here fizz  i wont ever leave you again ok. Say...you miss my pic? Lol!

ladyfizz27
03-15-2013, 01:19 PM
I didn't think you would ever leave at all :( I missed you, the forum has gone to **** lately. We missed you in wwy with your filthy pics!

Dreno33
03-15-2013, 01:19 PM
this march sucks compared to last years, haha. Take care TC. best wishes to you.

Aidan
03-15-2013, 01:22 PM
I didn't think you would ever leave at all :( I missed you, the forum has gone to **** lately. We missed you in wwy with your filthy pics!

I know right. I didnt either but i'm here now. That is all that matters 😁 Btw i cant see WWY thread anywhere? Nobody post there anymore?

ladyfizz27
03-15-2013, 01:25 PM
I know right. I didnt either but i'm here now. That is all that matters �� Btw i cant see WWY thread anywhere? Nobody post there anymore?

It dropped to page 15 or something like that, been kinda quiet since we all joined faction's. Go revive it :)

Bronson
03-15-2013, 01:27 PM
It dropped to page 15 or something like that, been kinda quiet since we all joined faction's. Go revive it :)

start a new one

ladyfizz27
03-15-2013, 01:31 PM
start a new one
I can't, that's Hk's thread, only she is allowed to start a new one

Bronson
03-15-2013, 01:33 PM
I can't, that's Hk's thread, only she is allowed to start a new one

just change the name of it

ladyfizz27
03-15-2013, 01:37 PM
just change the name of it

Tis pointless, the aim of wwy was to have fun, and there doesn't seem to be much of that anymore. It will only drop off after the trolls and numpties get bored with it :(

Aidan
03-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Tis pointless, the aim of wwy was to have fun, and there doesn't seem to be much of that anymore. It will only drop off after the trolls and numpties get bored with it :(

No more good old days eh. Looks like i am again a day late and a dollar short. A lot of changes around here. Not feeling the friendly environment anymore.

BigD@wg
03-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Sad to hear TC is gone. :(

But, welcome back Aidan! :)

ladyfizz27
03-15-2013, 01:55 PM
No more good old days eh. Looks like i am again a day late and a dollar short. A lot of changes around here. Not feeling the friendly environment anymore.

That's because it's not here anymore

Aidan
03-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Sad to hear TC is gone. :(

But, welcome back Aidan! :)

Thanks bigdawg!

Btw, TC posted on my old game earlier. Just read it few mins ago. He's still playing the game but hanging by a thread he said. Poor old man, He shouldnt be hanging on anything at that age! Well, except for them t1t1es. He can hang himself on that anytime he likes! 😁

Jhoemel
03-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Lol welcome back aidan. Nice to see u man

mickymacirl
03-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Ya welcome back Aidan!

Procyon
03-15-2013, 03:32 PM
This is a sad day. His threads and posts were interesting, helpful and humorous. He always took the time to help me and answer the most ridiculous of questions when I was learning this game. Just a plain ol' good guy and forum legend.

Best of luck TC!

Corsair
03-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Yep, TC left shortly after Greenland, sold off all his bases. Another forum legend, joining Albeezy, Azy, and many others in the MW winners circle. He is sorely missed.

And hey, welcome back Aiden! Glad they let you out of wherever you were locked up. :D Short term visit or more? Stick around, you'll be hearing from several recruiters soon enough lol.

Aidan
03-15-2013, 03:54 PM
@ mick and jhoe thanks mates! Nice to see familiar faces here!

@ corsair hahaha. How the heck did you knw about my jail time??!! I swear to god i didnt touch her! Well, i am looking for a faction actually. So hit me up girls! No guys..please

Azy and albeezy left? Forum or game? Or both? 😞

bigflan
03-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Lol who did not see that coming?

The oldies are gone because of how people get all worked up over a game, well not even a game since you can't even play anything so people are bound to get bored.

Bigflan 789 Other forum losers -22222222222222222222

bigflan
03-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Money wasted on modern war $20, money wasted on my other games $1.8 pennies

Kara T
03-15-2013, 05:26 PM
@ mick and jhoe thanks mates! Nice to see familiar faces here!

@ corsair hahaha. How the heck did you knw about my jail time??!! I swear to god i didnt touch her! Well, i am looking for a faction actually. So hit me up girls! No guys..please

Azy and albeezy left? Forum or game? Or both? 

Both....there are some gals with Corsair...so you are all set

marebear
03-15-2013, 07:04 PM
TC left :( that sucks! Nice to see you back Aiden :)

Thunder Child
03-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the gesture, Bron, but I'm not quite gone!

Base was sold; it was getting old....

Now just lurking, but the units are still working,

So I'm still hitting bases, just not with the ACEs

Though still flying their flag!

Cheers for the kind comments, all! And good to see Aidan around, too! (Thanks for discovering me!)

I'm at the bottom of the barrel, BTW, and now donate to my own little faction - Solo Axis (807301159)

Probably going nowhere with that, but I failed to rid myself of this game entirely, so I'm going to follow Bron's advice and see what can be done with units only.... any other rejects, outcasts, misfits or fly-by-night players are welcome to join me in a come-and-go fashion in what will be the most laid back token faction in the game! I will accept all donations :)

Love you all!

TC

Senior @ 554-164-644
Junior @ 274-607-763

CAPT.GIN
03-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Man all the real homies are gone :( now were stuck with all these new ppl

Xjarhead
03-15-2013, 08:30 PM
No more good old days eh. Looks like i am again a day late and a dollar short. A lot of changes around here. Not feeling the friendly environment anymore.Plenty of friendly left.......however you will need a lot of BS repellant. GL

Jhoemel
03-15-2013, 11:23 PM
@aidan yeah nice to see u too man. Stay away from those ladies that gave u jail time. Lol

Everson25
03-15-2013, 11:50 PM
No more good old days eh. Looks like i am again a day late and a dollar short. A lot of changes around here. Not feeling the friendly environment anymore.I need to agree that the good old days are gone on forum but since faction was created part of those good times were revived in small groups. I can really say I was very close to quit MW but the group that I joined became a fun place to be in. I'm sure others on other factions will agree with me on that. Anyway, good to see you back!

Copenhagen
03-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Yo TC - I thought you disappeared because you didn't want to settle up on that 6-pac of Stella you owe me. Take care brother.

I am a cow
03-16-2013, 12:04 AM
Sad to see thunder child go see you y'all be missed

Thunder Child
03-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Yo TC - I thought you disappeared because you didn't want to settle up on that 6-pac of Stella you owe me. Take care brother.Not at all, Cope - and you'll get the Stella one day!

Hondo
03-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Wow, a lot of people posted here I hadn't seen in a long time. You guys need to take back the forums.

Bashful Rain
03-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Better to have a hot happy wife that a silly game