PDA

View Full Version : strategy needed

gunny22
03-14-2013, 11:59 PM
The first syndicate war start in less than 12 hours and I am sooo unprepared for this!

I'm more of the follower type, so I joined an existing syndicate some time ago.

But one day I woke up and noticed that the leader was gone and now I was the leader. I already recruted 14 members but all low-level newbies. The better players seem to have gone elsewhere. I could have more members but I stopped hiring newbies: I need more experienced players. I set the limit to L50. No more members added since then. On occasion there is 1, but when I click accept it says: this player already joined a syndicate...

So here I am reading the instructions of the syndicate war:
"you don't need luck. You need strategy. Be ready"

These instructions look so complicated, I need a "syndicate wars for dummies" manual before even thinking of a strategy! But I suppose I will learn along the game.

I have to assign a defense member. I suppose you pick the strongest from your syndicate?

What bothers me most is that each attack only lasts 1 hour. Shouldn't I have selected members that are in the same time zone of the world (or at least are "up" around the same time)? How do you organize that? Don't I need some realtime communication tool (better than the syndicate forum) to check for member availability before starting an attack. Also I see that every member can start an attack, is that not going to give complete chaos?

What bothers me also is that gree will select syndicates of "similar" level. In PVP I'm used to picking out players with lower stats (although that has become a little bit guess work since the a/d stats are scrambled). How is that going to be now?

All help welcome.

sister morphine
03-15-2013, 01:32 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?48297-Beginner-s-Guide-To-Running-A-Battle-(Tactics-Techniques-and-Procedures)

Read this

Issaquah
03-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Level set expectations within your syndicate. What is your goal for the battle? What are you trying to learn? It isn't a 1-time thing so learning will help.

If it were me, my priorities would be:
-set expectations for placing in the even maybe a top 4000 finish and a top 1000 finish as a stretch goal
-develop strong organization, starting with communication. find a means to keep everyone organized and aware of what is going (maybe publish a battle schedule where you initiate a war every 3 hours, at first and more agressive as people acclimate)
-learn and share what you learn. being so new, and with so many low level players, you will learn a ton. Maybe have a private page on the forum where everyone can post what they learn. You will up commitment as people learn and feel like they are providing value.
-have fun with it. Too many people appear to take all this way too seriously. Have fun with it and laugh at your mistakes...you will make them as we all have. In MW I could join factions that compete for a top 25 or even top 10 in MW yet I'd rather get compete for top 100 or 250 while being distracted by all the comedy that goes in on in our chatroom...during and now in between events.

Dipstik
03-15-2013, 06:51 AM
Make sure all your members have lots of henchmen.