PDA

View Full Version : Tips for overvaulting

American Capitalist
03-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Little background. I didn't do much attacking until about level 90, so my stats have always been behind other players. Around level 90 I joined a faction and placed top 250 for Greenland and Egypt. At level 90 my defense was only about 20k and my IPH was about $380k, now I'm level 120 with an IPH of $500k and did valor missions to get about 375 hornets, 120 Elite Ops Helicopters, and 140 Elite Water Cruisers to get my defense is up to about 55k after Egypt. With my new stats, I figured I'd make another run for the Alexandria Villa and still got rocked less than $10 million over my vault's capacity.

I'm a mostly free player. Only gold I spent was on a composites factory. After the Alexandria Villa disappeared today marking the third LE building I didn't get I'm getting real close to quitting this game in rage. My strategy for overvaulting was just to raid as much as possible, but it's tough.

I'm basically asking for a few tips:

- Strategies to avoid getting attacked

- Strategies to raiding/attacking for cash

- Strategies for increasing my defense

- Strategies for buying expensive buildings and upgrades

Ascent
03-14-2013, 09:50 PM
I played Hanoi Towers with defense and money buildings, selling an rebuilding them. It is a 50% tax, but does the trick. You can also prime PVE bosses and finish them all at once.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-14-2013, 10:11 PM
*Drop down to very low allies, or a whole lot of allies. Don't play in the middle.
*Don't "set out" for the building. Do what you would normally do day in and day out. When you get to wher your vault is maxed and you have met your faction donating requirements, set a day to give 100+million a run.
*Do it in 32 hours or less. This means you wont get much sleep. When I was going for mine, I took 2 hour naps every 4 hours. lol
*Don't panic if you get attacked. It's only 6 million, in the big scheme of things, you still have XX million. It's just a small set back
*If you get attack, you are"too beat up to fight" for two hours, use that two hours to either make that 6 million back, or get a quick nap in.
*If you get attacked more than 3 times, don't precede on this go. It will take too long and your faction will either be looking for money, a building would have finished upgrading or vault finished upgrading. Those are always first priority.
If around 70 million you are tired or got attack, start thinking of buildings to sell. Do level 1 nanos,space centers, oil rigs, nuclear power plants first. They give you the most for your money and get you there quicker. The higher the level of the build, I would consider not selling it as the money and time spent upgrading out weights what you would get for them.

These are just some of the things I've done to get my buildings. May not work for everyone, but I manged to get 3 buildings in less than 32 hours(3 separate times) when I only had 8k defense.

BSG123
03-14-2013, 10:13 PM
As far as raiding and attacking goes, if you are going to put yourself in someone's newsfeed, make sure that person can't come back for revenge (at least not attack you, if you're overvaulted).

Concerning overvaulting for big money buildings & upgrades—just keep saving. I see a lot of players get discouraged after being attacked. There's a four hour window, where you cannot be attacked after 20hits on your player. Don't just give up and rid the excess. Rather, keep piling it up. You're going to get attacked. That's part of the game. Deal with it like every other player does, who acquires these buildings and upgrades.

BSG123
03-14-2013, 10:19 PM
*Don't panic if you get attacked. It's only 6 million, in the big scheme of things, you still have XX million. It's just a small set back
*If you get attack, you are"too beat up to fight" for two hours, use that two hours to either make that 6 million back, or get a quick nap in.

Yes, this is the chief sentiment OP and players with like questions need to carry.

In threads discussing the big, limited edition money buildings, there's always a handful of players whining they cannot save for them. That is false, and because it's false, it's annoying. I encounter countless players with <500K IPH, <300K IPHs, even, and they have ACs/AMRs, etc. It all comes down to how motivated you are to accomplish something.

Maestro
03-14-2013, 10:44 PM
I try and keep the last 3-4 map bosses within 1 hit. Then get a max vault and time all my buildings to pay at once.
Just before they pay I raid like crazy. 30 mil vault +40-60 mil from bosses that's 70-90 mil. Then raiding cash and the base cash drop bumps you up. After that odds are your 80-100 mil. Then sell (2)lv 1 nuc plants, (2) lv 1 space centers, (2) lv 1 nanos and you can get an extra 40 mil. Also rail guns sell for 3 mil each If I remember right. So you have 55 mil in buildings to sell. You could be at 135-155 mil realy fast with minimal over vaulting. The map bosses take awhile to prep though and it helps to have access to the last 8 maps. At least all but the last 2 maps.

Deano
03-15-2013, 01:30 AM
I will reiterate what everyone else has said so far with one addition, I try to time levelling up somewhere in the middle of defeating map bosses so I get an additional full bar of energy to beat a few more bosses without the use of gold.

Happy saving!

marko101
03-15-2013, 02:15 AM
Best bet is increase your defence over 100k

Bronson
03-15-2013, 02:20 AM
be one of the strongest for your level and you will never to press the vault button again

ImperialTheme
03-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Do the math carefully. Hit your vault limit, attack/raid as much as your stamina will allow, get your biggest money buildings in sync to collect at the same time and then fire sale what you have to.

Also once your iph is high enough you can save more than people can possibly steal from you. Technically if you're above 1.5 million iph then you can't be attacked enough to take more money than you can save.

S&H Max
03-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Do the math carefully. Hit your vault limit, attack/raid as much as your stamina will allow, get your biggest money buildings in sync to collect at the same time and then fire sale what you have to.

Also once your iph is high enough you can save more than people can possibly steal from you. Technically if you're above 1.5 million iph then you can't be attacked enough to take more money than you can save.

Technicly you need 3mil IPH for that, you can get hit ofr 6mil each 2H...

Mr. Pink
03-15-2013, 09:52 AM
be one of the strongest for your level and you will never to press the vault button again

This is exactly what I did. As a general rule, I would only level up when I was beating everyone that wasn't a big gold spender.

That said, everything changed when they introduced AC and factions. I'm completely disincentivized to level up now. I can freely over vault to buy the next big money building at my level and my stats are high enough where I can beat most folks 50 to 75 levels higher than me (and that generates solid points for the faction).

Also, using a generic username and avatar seems to help keep the attacks down since most players tend to get drawn to the more interesting avatars/names on the rivals list.

qq1972
03-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Technicly you need 3mil IPH for that, you can get hit ofr 6mil each 2H...

No, its 4 hours now.

S&H Max
03-15-2013, 10:10 AM
No, its 4 hours now.

Really, that not a good news... I was looking for over vault guy each 2 H when you find 2 guys to look for you can get 6mil an hour only with your stamina regen, now I wont be able to do that anymore, sad!

American Capitalist
03-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Best bet is increase your defence over 100k

That's why I asked for strategies on how to get my defense that high.

vorm
03-15-2013, 10:55 AM
That's why I asked for strategies on how to get my defense that high.

Buy lots of high defense cash units
Buy lots of high defense valor units
Buy lots of gold units
Max out all Boost buildings especially Composite.

rlynne
03-16-2013, 12:43 AM
"be one of the strongest for your level and you will never to press the vault button again "

^^ truth ^^

I have been overvault for 6 months, I am always so overvault there's no point in even vaulting.

What you need to do is not earn a single experience point for 3 months, and build your IPH and defense relentlessly.

I played the low ally game for awhile, but it sucks when someone attacks you with 75 more allies. The best strategy is max allies with more defense than anyone at your level.

Yes a gold player will come hit you every few weeks but who cares, immediately spend all your cash on more defense units, lower you allies by 10-15 and move on. They will level past you in a day anyways. Resume over vault.

Free player, 2.3million iph.

Ascent
03-16-2013, 04:13 AM
Yupp, once you have more IPH than they can steal from you in a day you stop caring...

3.1 million iph :D

WI(AusNz)
03-16-2013, 05:38 AM
No, its 4 hours now.

got hit today for 6,mil and 45 minutes later for another 2.1mil? I thought I would be too weak and therefore kind of "protected" to fight but still got nailed within 45 minutes?

WI(AusNz)
03-16-2013, 05:44 AM
Gree changed the rival list recently making it easy for 500+ allies player to cripple a 25 allies player. (i was the 25 allies player today - 5 times). My main tip would have been to use your allies to decrease and increase depending on your current allies level. i generally drop to 130 allies when saving. If I get attacked (usually after 24 hours), i will drop again to 70 allies so that same player cannot find me. If attacked, i might drop to 30 allies, or VIP back up to 130 allies agian. So on and so forth. Combined with raiding, I got all the $ buildings using this technique.
The recent changes to the allies list unfortunately puts an end to that strategy ;(

BSG123
03-16-2013, 08:04 AM
got hit today for 6,mil and 45 minutes later for another 2.1mil? I thought I would be too weak and therefore kind of "protected" to fight but still got nailed within 45 minutes?

I'm sure you got raided for 2.1m. The 6m you lost from attack and that's what the four hour safety period responds to (20 attacks, max)