PDA

View Full Version : BATTLE FOR MIDTOWN 3/15 to 3/20 - "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!"

Boomer
03-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Heads Up! The Battle for Empire City will begin on FRIDAY 3/15/13 at 11 AM Pacific Standard Time, and end on WEDNESDAY 3/20/13 at Noon Pacific Standard Time.

Walkthrough

The Battle for Empire City event is a PVP event specifically between the syndicates in game. Syndicates must "declare battle" in order to participate in the event. Any member can do this. Once battle is declared, your syndicate will be matched up with other syndicates of similar attack strength, fighting to win influence points.

Before your syndicate declares battle though, you need to nominate a Defense Leader. This defense leader acts as protection against the opposing syndicate. As long as your Defense Leader is up, the rest of your syndicate cannot be attacked. At this time, the leader gets 100 "Shield Points", which acts as their "health". Each unsuccessful attack against the Leader will take away 10 Shield Points. A successful attack will take all of the Shield Points. Once these points are at 0, the Defense Leader is defeated and the rest of the syndicate is vulnerable to attack.

Syndicate members will have the option to use a "power attack" that will provide a 50% increase in stats. However, you will use all your health to achieve the increase. Also, unsuccessful power attacks against the Defense Leader will take away 50 Shield Points.

Each battle lasts 60 minutes. At the end of the 60 minutes, the side that has the most influence points wins. During the battle, there are two ways to get influence points: attacking members of the opposing syndicate and attacking their Hideouts and Safehouses. You receive more influence points for defeating players then for attacking the structures; however you must defeat the player to get the points, while simply attacking the structures will get you points. Players use health points to attack, similar to the boss events. Successful attacks will also award XP and respect to the victor's account.

Another thing to keep in mind is that until the Hideout goes down, you will only receive half the points possible for defeating another player. Each syndicate will start with one Hideout per battle and it cannot be replaced during a battle. Your top Hideout will be used up by each "battle" your syndicate engages in, regardless of whether it was completely destroyed or not. The syndicate will be able to attack the Safehouse after the Hideout is down and is there solely for points. It adds nothing to a syndicate's defense.

At the end of the event, the syndicate with the most influence points will win the district being contested. The district will be highlighted on the map as claimed and will not come up again. Rewards will be given to various tiers of winners--please consult the "Rewards" tab to find the reward tiers for each event.

Finally, please keep in mind that specifications for Battle for Empire City will continue to evolve and improve over time.

We'd wish you luck but you don't need luck. You need strategy. Be ready.

Dudebot121256
03-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Sweet, I'll let my faction know. Also, will you be on along with CJ or are you just on until he comes back?

SoccerStud
03-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Sweet, I'll let my faction know. Also, will you be on along with CJ or are you just on until he comes back?
Boomer is a developer not a moderator. He hasn't posted in a long time.

On that note. Welcome back Boomer! Nice to see you posting! Thanks for the information!

AFed
03-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Any information on the prizes? Nothing is listed...

Peppers
03-14-2013, 01:08 PM
3/15? You mean, tomorrow?

@#$%^&*()_%^&*

For 5 days?

#$%^&*()$%^&*(

Boomer
03-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Actually, a few of us will be monitoring the forums until CJ's return.

Polarbear
03-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Oh dang!!!!

Sunsets
03-14-2013, 01:10 PM
So, as a low-level camper (HTC Green, I am NOT in either of the active Syndicates), I've got a few questions about this whole Syndicate War deal before it goes active ...

1) If someone in our Syndicate declares War, will I be gaining a great deal of experience for any win/losses, even if I don't participate in the war?

2) Will wins/losses from Syndicate Wars be reflected on my profile wins/losses?

3) Are there any level limits between opponents? Because seriously ... I can take on my level range ... but I don't want to see people who are literally 10x my level just waiting to steamroll me

4) Will attacking player's from Syndicate Wars be reflected in a Player's regular newsfeed? I.E if for some stupid reason I did attack a level 100 during the War, would they still have a direct link back to my hood once the war was over?

5) Do these Wars grant EXP? Is it possible to participate without earning EXP? (Attacking structures, etc)?

6) More questions if I can think of any ... (copied from second page post for official response)

Dudebot121256
03-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Boomer is a developer not a moderator. He hasn't posted in a long time.

On that note. Welcome back Boomer! Nice to see you posting! Thanks for the information!I know, I just though developers also have moderator powers.

Why do I have a feeling that even in a camping syndicate someone's going to troll and start a war ...If syndicates are following the path of factions back in Modern War, soon, we will get faction alerts. They say who donated what and who declared war. Great for sniffing out unloyal members.

ianmac
03-14-2013, 01:13 PM
What about the 1st 2 events that have allready got ticks next to them? "overthrow the boss & scope out the district"..
Are they counted in or are they going to be started again?

SoccerStud
03-14-2013, 01:15 PM
5 days boomer? 5? 3 days in modern war is hard enough. But 5?

The Evolution
03-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Apparently they want to burn everyone out with a 5 day event like they did for MW.

Sunsets
03-14-2013, 01:17 PM
So, as a low-level camper (HTC Green, I am NOT in either of the active Syndicates), I've got a few questions about this whole Syndicate War deal before it goes active ...

1) If someone in our Syndicate declares War, will I be gaining a great deal of experience for any win/losses, even if I don't participate in the war?

3) Are there any level limits between opponents? Because seriously ... I can take on my level range ... but I don't want to see people who are literally 10x my level just waiting to steamroll me

4) Will attacking player's from Syndicate Wars be reflected in a Player's regular newsfeed? I.E if for some stupid reason I did attack a level 100 during the War, would they still have a direct link back to my hood once the war was over?

5) Do these Wars grant EXP? Is it possible to participate without earning EXP? (Attacking structures, etc)?

6) More questions if I can think of any ... (copying to first page post for official response)

iteachem
03-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Less than 24 hour notice is total crap when there was an in game timeline already..

All this is a complete cash grab.

SoccerStud
03-14-2013, 01:20 PM
So, as a low-level camper, I've got a few questions about this whole Syndicate War deal before it goes active ...

1) If someone in our Syndicate declares War, will I be gaining a great deal of experience for any win/losses?

6) More questions if I can think of any ...
1. Yes but not a lot. (Just a normal fight win offensively or defensively)
2. No
3. No
4. Maybe (it happened at first in modern war, but then they changed it)
5. Yeah, I think hitting the wall grants no xp

ohwhatafinish
03-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Lol greedy at their very best. It's good job I have closed all my GREE accounts down except for 1 on mw. Good luck everyone you'll probably get another WD event next weekend !!

thevlad
03-14-2013, 01:27 PM
:D it begins
Too bad it's 5 days... But who cares!?! It's finally here.
Good luck to everyone!

Paulio
03-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Are you stinking kidding us? THIS IS RIDICULOUS! According to the in game schedule, this shouldn't be happening for weeks. Pretty lame that you haven't even posted the prizes yet.

Sunsets
03-14-2013, 01:30 PM
So when are the official prizes getting posted? Not that I plan on getting any of them ...

(CK) EL
03-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Totaly ridiculous
U anounce it 1 day before?
Why dont u follow the schedule.
Y dont respect us and our money at all.

marshmall
03-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Well bad of gree. With this thing going out of schedule and not listening to players make me back off and by this they loose my buying this month of 20 or 50 vaults.

I really hope that other players do thesame..... !!!!!!!!!

dudeman
03-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Are you stinking kidding us? THIS IS RIDICULOUS! According to the in game schedule, this shouldn't be happening for weeks. Pretty lame that you haven't even posted the prizes yet.

Seconded.

Bad form Gree. This is totally a re-enactment of the Ren & Stimpy episode called "Feud for Sale".

AppleMacGuy
03-14-2013, 01:39 PM
This is a complete joke...GREE aren't even adhering to their own preset timeline for syndicates and no prize details have been posted...I wonder why? 5 days is a joke as well.

PS seems like GREE have wiped the master plan screen as they see fit, so we were sold a complete crock. I call for a boycott as this is totally taking us for fools :-(

Dr BoneCrusher
03-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Hey Gree, this is total bull!!

Boomer
03-14-2013, 01:42 PM
What about the 1st 2 events that have allready got ticks next to them? "overthrow the boss & scope out the district"..
Are they counted in or are they going to be started again?

Previous events have already passed. The next event is going to be the Midtown Takeover.

Ruxpin
03-14-2013, 01:43 PM
This brings a whole new meaning to the name GREEdy!

Sunsets
03-14-2013, 01:43 PM
This is what happens when CJ leaves us by ourselves for a week ... everything goes crazy :cool:

(CK) EL
03-14-2013, 01:47 PM
In Modern War u reduced the time from 5 days to 3 after they threaten with boycot. Why 5 days here?

dudeman
03-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Previous events have already passed. The next event is going to be the Midtown Takeover.

Just because CJ is on vacation doesn't mean Gree is off the hook for fixing the glitches.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47978-Disappearing-Cash-round-two

See that thread? All that sh!t is still happening! AND LOSSES HAVE STILL OT BEEN RETURNED NOR COMPENSATED FOR!

What in Afghanistan are you people smoking over there?!

The Billionaire
03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Is it the main event that starts tomorrow then Boomer?

How can Gree possibly do that? I'm still waiting for my gold bonus and you're starting the main event with only one days notice. Syndicates have spent weeks planning and you've just gone and ruined all that planning.

I'm sure you're going to piss off a lot of players with this move probably resulting in a lower income than you would have got if you'd stuck to the schedule.

Also MW got a sneak peak at the prizes yet CC gets shafted again.

Haven't you learnt anything from factions? Customers don't enjoy 5 day events. You're seriously taking the piss out of your customers with this move.

Please can you explain the logic behind it?

Dr BoneCrusher
03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
I know of at least 100 players, who where going to spend over 300,000 US dollars total on this this war, not NOW!

NTM
03-14-2013, 01:49 PM
That the same for faction in md, ok we dont need luck, but need money lol.

Sunsets
03-14-2013, 01:49 PM
I doubt they'll give your money back anytime soon dudeman. I think I'm just going to go spend all mine before it happens again. Been wanting a shiny new Nightclub anyways

Killshot-CC
03-14-2013, 01:55 PM

I'm confused by this answer. Ianmac was asking about the the 6 stages are that listed on the in-game "Battle for Empire City". They are listed as Overthrow the Boss, Scope out the district, Get better weapons, Weaken local gang, Take out the boss! and TAKEOUT MIDTOWN!. All list their date as "TBD" (to be determined). The first two (Overthrow... and Scope out...) are greyed out and have check marks on them. Are you saying that the Syndicate war had already begun and the first 2 stages have already been completed? And are you saying that starting tomorrow we move onto stage 6 and skip 3-5? I'm so confused.

marshmall
03-14-2013, 01:58 PM
By treating us player like this i hope every syndicate joins up and tell gree what they miss by doing this.

Syndicates join up and do a MW and boycott this war and we show greedy the power of the players.

Jota
03-14-2013, 01:59 PM
I know of at least 100 players, who where going to spend over 300,000 US dollars total on this this war, not NOW!

Yea right, who are you kidding? ... spenders will still spend money (A LOT!). None of the threats posted so far ever became true and that's why gree keeps doing this kind of stuff; they just don't care about what people post in here because big spenders will keep throwing a lot of money no matter what. In fact, the people spending the most are not even on the forums, so yeah, good luck with that.

Murda
03-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Ashton Kutcher is that you behind the boomer name? Where are the camera's? this isn't funny, you got us......good one

Dhusagar
03-14-2013, 02:01 PM
In Modern War u reduced the time from 5 days to 3 after they threaten with boycot. Why 5 days here?

They didn't. It was reduced to 4 days

The reason for the move up of the timeline is so that they can post their cash results in this 1/4 financials.

Dhusagar
03-14-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm confused by this answer. Ianmac was asking about the the 6 stages are that listed on the in-game "Battle for Empire City". They are listed as Overthrow the Boss, Scope out the district, Get better weapons, Weaken local gang, Take out the boss! and TAKEOUT MIDTOWN!. All list their date as "TBD" (to be determined). The first two (Overthrow... and Scope out...) are greyed out and have check marks on them. Are you saying that the Syndicate war had already begun and the first 2 stages have already been completed? And are you saying that starting tomorrow we move onto stage 6 and skip 3-5? I'm so confused.

You have it right - skip the planned events and get straight to battle!

Chasm37
03-14-2013, 02:18 PM

No Boomer the next event was "Get better weapons". Then overthrow boss. We only competed 2 out of 4 listed events. So you can keep that nonsense. You guys are in need of cash. And what a better way to get it than sell it to a bunch of suckers that are pretty much buying anything Gree is selling.

AFed
03-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Not to mention you guys screwed up the update. The battle map icon on the main page no longer shows.

Killshot-CC
03-14-2013, 02:22 PM
You have it right - skip the planned events and get straight to battle!

I'm ok with battle, I'd just have a problem with two stages having played out without anyone really knowing they were going on. I saw the "in progress" indicator, but it looked like a glitch since "TBD" remained and there wasn't a forum announcement or in-game spash screen of any kind.

Most importantly, I want to know if stage 2 is over, does that mean that green beer overtime is impossible?

Jota
03-14-2013, 02:23 PM
No Boomer the next event was "Get better weapons". Then overthrow boss. We only competed 2 out of 4 listed events. So you can keep that nonsense. You guys are in need of cash. And what a better way to get it than sell it to a bunch of suckers that are pretty much buying anything Gree is selling.
You my friend have said just the right thing. These guys really think that just because there are a few people spending tons of money in gree's nonsense we are all kind of retarded....

Paulio
03-14-2013, 02:25 PM

the fact that this statement is so completely inaccurate, gives me hope that you accidentally mixed up the dates on the battle for mid town announcement.

AFed
03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
the fact that this statement is so completely inaccurate, gives me hope that you accidentally mixed up the dates on the battle for mid town announcement.

Unfortunately, new update has dates consistent with this.

Allowishus79
03-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Less than 24 hour notice is total crap when there was an in game timeline already..

All this is a complete cash grab.

+1 !!!!!!!!!

dgwalker
03-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Are we sure this is happening tomorrow?

sister morphine
03-14-2013, 02:49 PM
No offence to anybody who was going to do that but I'm delighted. It means the deep of pocket won't be able to buy their victory so easily. A fair fight will be much more satisfying

Polarbear
03-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Why is Fight Club so unhappy?

Dr BoneCrusher
03-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Why is Fight Club so unhappy?

Because I wanted to STEAL 1BILLION from the Indians and donate it before the war starts. I only have 750 Million Withdrawn from the many Indian ATM's so far. You where good for 23 million, thanks!

Indianluke
03-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Gotta say I agree with fight club on this! Way to completly screw the consumer! I was gonna drop a grand usd not including bonus gold. Not anymore not even a vault now. Pathetic the way they treat us! But we can only blame ourselves because we continue to pay their salaries.😡

derchef
03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Gotta say I agree with fight club on this! Way to completly screw the consumer! I was gonna drop a grand usd not including bonus gold. Not anymore not even a vault now. Pathetic the way they treat us! But we can only blame ourselves because we continue to pay their salaries.��

you `re right mate .....

Sunsets
03-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Money speaks louder than words for them. If a majority of the biggest spenders stepped down for long enough, they'd notice and have to make some changes or risk losing too much profit. But once everyone sees the prizes, people are gonna start going spend crazy anyways, so why even bother ...

Indianluke
03-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Yep huge spenders will spend even if gree stuck one in their mom😂

Ram
03-14-2013, 03:14 PM
CHECK OUT THE PRIZES!!!

http://i45.tinypic.com/pw02v.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/2z4cnxu.png

Polarbear
03-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Are top 3 buildings?

Happy that stat increase to top 10 teams is equal :)

Ramshutu
03-14-2013, 03:18 PM
This may sound harsh guys, but if Gree earns $xxxk in events like this each time they ignore what the players want, theyre probably going to keep doing it.

doug19
03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Was there not talk of a reward for the best player/biggest donater/something like that in a syndicate when they were first anounced?

WinkadInk
03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Wish luck to my friends in the Indian Nation and TBC! Hopefully I'll be beside u brothers and sisters at the top!

derchef
03-14-2013, 03:24 PM
how can the leader choice a def leader?
i mean ,where is that function?

marshmall
03-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Well with all this bugs they havent sorted out yet and then step up the pace on midtown means that gree dont give a $hit about consumers unless they loose on it. Im pretty fed up playing a beta program and pay full price. Even the top3 prices is below what you can get on a top25 event so...... So the prices is a joke to all players aiming for them.... compared to MW then cc really become a game going down the drain .... so for my part maybe time to look on other developers that does games equal cc but takes consumers with cash seriously.

Ps polarbear reason aint that only FC is pi$$ed at gree for doing this but that their behavior against every paying player is outragious...i hope you agree on it...

Canoehead
03-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Looking at the prizes, top three means nothing to me. If we have to go tomorrow, the smart play is to spend as little as possible to get into top 10. Better plan, though is for Fight Club, Indian Nation, Silent Assassins, Buckwheat Connection and HTC to agree to sit this one out

Polarbear
03-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Ps polarbear reason aint that only FC is pi$$ed at gree for doing this but that their behavior against every paying player is outragious...i hope you agree on it...

Perhaps because I still treat this as a game rather than an 'entertaining investment',that I didn't really care when they started. More advantage to organized and highly funded groups right, and I'm sure FC is one of them, so to me I don't see any relative disadvantage.

Chasm37
03-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Gotta say I agree with fight club on this! Way to completly screw the consumer! I was gonna drop a grand usd not including bonus gold. Not anymore not even a vault now. Pathetic the way they treat us! But we can only blame ourselves because we continue to pay their salaries.😡

My plan was to drop 3k.............not now.....I have a small bonus coming in. That will be it for me...........chances are I won't even get that until event is over even thou I put in my request 5 days ago.

Yahkin
03-14-2013, 03:44 PM

Lance Armstrong, is that you?

Paulio
03-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Gotta say I agree with fight club on this! Way to completly screw the consumer! I was gonna drop a grand usd not including bonus gold. Not anymore not even a vault now. Pathetic the way they treat us! But we can only blame ourselves because we continue to pay their salaries.��

Looking at the prizes, top three means nothing to me. If we have to go tomorrow, the smart play is to spend as little as possible to get into top 10. Better plan, though is for Fight Club, Indian Nation, Silent Assassins, Buckwheat Connection and HTC to agree to sit this one out

Completely agree. Between Fight Club and Indian Nation, if we refuse to spend our gold on these crap prizes then maybe Gree will give us what MW has had for a long time - respect!

ohwhatafinish
03-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Breaking news : GREE have announced that the next WD event when this finishes is in 6 days time and then the one after that is in 11 days time and then the after that is in 17 days time and then the one after that is in 22 days time and then the one after that is in 28 days time and then the one after that is in 34 days time. They've also announced that they are doing a major WD event that starts on Christmas Day morning and finishes on New Year's Day. Next year is a big one as they are doing a massive event that's going to start on American Independence Day and finishes on thanks giving but they've also confirmed that if they haven't sold enough gold that this event is going to finish at Easter 2017.

marshmall
03-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Well this is what i mean... Tickets taking ages to process. Hackers everywhere.... Bugs not sorted out in game...
Still gree pushes out midtown ahead of scedule...

All i say follow the plan that was pinned out from the beginning and fix all issues first then try make quick cash cause this pisses ppl off!!!!

And who would prepay a new car that doesnt even have a engime?

Polarbear
03-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Completely agree. Between Fight Club and Indian Nation, if we refuse to spend our gold on these crap prizes then maybe Gree will give us what MW has had for a long time - respect!

Can you imagine how hard this would be to come to an agreement?

Though if you were going to try, I would suggest both groups temporarily disband leaving only leader to keep group running. That would ensure no reason to spend :)

Idiosyncrasy
03-14-2013, 04:47 PM
I like the thread title: "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer!" I actually had that phrase in mind when I titled my syndicate "Keep Enemies Closer."

Hopefully it won't be too bad for those syndicates with half of their members inactive.

cooch
03-14-2013, 04:48 PM
To Top 50 PVP winners: The old saying "Money Talks, BS Walks" is paramount here.

If the Top 50 or significant portions of such agree to a ceiling on spend or boycott other syns will join you. Dropping this on us with less than 24 hrs to react is BS. If you lead we follow. If you talk and don't follow through forget about complaining/whining because you'll prove to Gree there is no organization amongst the top dogs in the CC.

So PM each other etc and let the rest of us know. I believe the Top 25 syns at least probably will fight for top positions w/o any gold spend since your team members have such high A/D. What a way to show we are the customer and still get the rewards!

You're call, we'll take the lead. NO ONE IS HAPPY WITH LACK OF NOTIFICATION ON TOP OF Glitches.

In fact Gree's responses to tickets now is an auto reply saying hope your in play issues have been resolved. If not email us back or we consider ticket closed. Doesn't matter what subject of Ticket is.

We wait for the Top 50 winning syndicates or at least the Top 20 to lead us.

Dipstik
03-14-2013, 04:58 PM
If the Indians boycott, will lupo welsh on his bet with paulio?

Killshot-CC
03-14-2013, 05:25 PM
If the Indians boycott, will lupo welsh on his bet with paulio?

Come on. That's not fair. You know as well as I do that he already welshed on it. That's called an Indian giver.

BigD@wg
03-14-2013, 05:30 PM
[B]

We'd wish you luck but you don't need luck. You need strategy. Be ready.

I couldn't help but find the last statement amusing. Strategy?? Hmmm, these syndicate wars must be completely different than the Modern War Faction battles. There is no strategy involved in MW events ...it only requires lots of real money to win. :D

Dipstik
03-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Is the update available for cchd yet? I don't see it.

dudeman
03-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Is the update available for cchd yet? I don't see it.

Nope. Nothing.

I would say that Gree has been smoking dope all day long it seems, but even that doesn't make a person as fried in the brain as they have appeared to be for the past several hours.

dudeman
03-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Ok, CCHD update just appeared.

The Evolution
03-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Are we at least going to see a gold sale?

Mr.omega92
03-14-2013, 06:52 PM
I dunno but can't wait!!!

Wolfy
03-14-2013, 07:44 PM
As many here play both mw and cc I wonder how many are going to forgo their families 2 weekends running? Mmmmm family or gree and divorce, so far I know from mw faction of 4 syndicates sitting this one out.

Gree you are fast curing the addiction to your games. First you alienate people on mw by running the next "battle for" over a christian holiday 3 weeks after last one, now you move the time frame on cc with almost no notice!

Good luck to the syndicates who dovtake part this weekend, but for me family comes first, I have no intention of changing family plans to put money in grees directors pockets whilst they sit at home with their family's!

daware
03-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Reason #101 why I have not and will never spend $1 on this game. All Tapjoy gold for me.

KansasMac
03-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Woo Hoo! My syndicate is ready to get Rolled. we have no idea what we are doing. Heck Yea! I wish it had started yesterday so I was even less prepared.

CohibAA
03-15-2013, 01:10 AM
how can the leader choice a def leader?
i mean ,where is that function?

Same place on the members list as promote, demote, and remove.

Vince the Fist
03-15-2013, 05:07 AM
Just because CJ is on vacation doesn't mean Gree is off the hook for fixing the glitches.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?47978-Disappearing-Cash-round-two

See that thread? All that sh!t is still happening! AND LOSSES HAVE STILL OT BEEN RETURNED NOR COMPENSATED FOR!

What in Afghanistan are you people smoking over there?!

I can see why Trev has found his true brethren amongst all you whiners :-D

NTM
03-15-2013, 08:32 AM
well so Ios can buy Gold for 40% and Android just have 20%...

what serious for the game.. and nothing is ok after many hours... they don't care... hope Gree lost many money and HOPE android user don't buy at 20%, next time before put an event just a day before and many bug they check...

i have plan to buy 3 vaults todays, result ? i buy nothing...

thank Gree :)

TRAZ
03-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Short notice, but BBR is just going to roll with it and have fun. :)

big max
03-15-2013, 08:47 AM
well so Ios can buy Gold for 40% and Android just have 20%...

what serious for the game.. and nothing is ok after many hours... they don't care... hope Gree lost many money and HOPE android user don't buy at 20%, next time before put an event just a day before and many bug they check...

i have plan to buy 3 vaults todays, result ? i buy nothing...

thank Gree :)

Everyone is getting shafted. I have IOS (IPAD) and I bought 3 vaults. After I bought the 3rd one, 1 vault disappeared and left me with only 2. So I feel your pain.

Dutchie
03-15-2013, 09:40 AM

I can understand everyone's frustration and I can assure you that the same problems exist with all their games. GREE gives as much respect to all of their games in the sense that they drive a punishing schedule to constantly increase their revenues.

At least they have given most of us a 40% sales on the gold so if you are a gold purchaser, stock up now as you only see these 40% sales once every 3-6 months. I feel for the people who only see the 20% sale or nothing.

Remember, you are in control over your gaming habits and you are in control over how much you want to spend on this game. GREE partially listens to us, to fix the issues that we find albeit not always in a timely manner but they will certainly not listen to any scheduling issues as they continue the drive for increased revenues.

Complaining on here is certainly going to fall on deaf ears, so particpate in the event how you see fit and don't be pressurised by others in your syndicate to play 24x5 if it does not suit your lifestyle. There are plenty of other syndicates out there and in the end, the prizes they award are only a few pixels with a little algorithm behind them that boost your stats. If you are playing for blagging rights, well good luck to you!

Above all, remember that this is a game and games are supposed to be fun. So enjoy the event and have fun! See you in Midtown!

Butt Futter
03-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Damn Dutchie, you really just hit the nail on the head.

Grimmy11
03-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Join The Grim Reapers, we have all bonuses unlocked and 30 hideouts. We are looking for 20 extra members at the moment.

Our sydicate code is 345 149 611

NTM
03-15-2013, 09:58 AM
I can understand everyone's frustration and I can assure you that the same problems exist with all their games. GREE gives as much respect to all of their games in the sense that they drive a punishing schedule to constantly increase their revenues.

At least they have given most of us a 40% sales on the gold so if you are a gold purchaser, stock up now as you only see these 40% sales once every 3-6 months. I feel for the people who only see the 20% sale or nothing.

Remember, you are in control over your gaming habits and you are in control over how much you want to spend on this game. GREE partially listens to us, to fix the issues that we find albeit not always in a timely manner but they will certainly not listen to any scheduling issues as they continue the drive for increased revenues.

Complaining on here is certainly going to fall on deaf ears, so particpate in the event how you see fit and don't be pressurised by others in your syndicate to play 24x5 if it does not suit your lifestyle. There are plenty of other syndicates out there and in the end, the prizes they award are only a few pixels with a little algorithm behind them that boost your stats. If you are playing for blagging rights, well good luck to you!

Above all, remember that this is a game and games are supposed to be fun. So enjoy the event and have fun! See you in Midtown!

ok but 40% is not all day's... that why i cry.... and many cry..

anyway.. i have decided to buy nothing.... to late now.. event start and Ios users are going to make the more point with the 40%..

gl to all.. and thanks to gree for announce event just 1 day before.. and the 20% lol.. i'm going to spend for a new galaxy tab, i'm sure to succes this time ;)

NTM
03-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Join The Grim Reapers, we have all bonuses unlocked and 30 hideouts. We are looking for 20 extra members at the moment.

Our sydicate code is 345 149 611

woooo cost many Billions. 60 players with an ip like 1b hours ?

lol

Jota
03-15-2013, 10:00 AM

I'm sorry to say this but you are wrong. That's like saying "since you have a real business to run and you need to make money, do whatever you want and we will go with it nevertheless". Gree is "giving us" nothing with that 40% sale, that's a marketing strategy, come on!
I can see everyone is still spending a lot of money even after complaining here. Gree will continue doing this kind of stuff because we players do not demand respect as Paulio said.
Helping a business make money does not mean you can't get a good quality product and respect as a customer, but if we don't stand up and demand what we deserve as paying customers then we will always end up being played by shameless companies.

Dutchie
03-15-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry to say this but you are wrong. That's like saying "since you have a real business to run and you need to make money, do whatever you want and we will go with it nevertheless". Gree is "giving us" nothing with that 40% sale, that's a marketing strategy, come on!
I can see everyone is still spending a lot of money even after complaining here. Gree will continue doing this kind of stuff because we players do not demand respect as Paulio said.
Helping a business make money does not mean you can't get a good quality product and respect as a customer, but if we don't stand up and demand what we deserve as paying customers then we will always end up being played by shameless companies.

Remember, there are many types of business with different strategies and you cannot apply the same logic to all businesses.

All games have a certain shelf life and this one will too. During this period they will try to extract as much money from their customers before they move on to their next project. There are only a few franchises out there that can keep churning updated games and still get their customers to pay for it like EA Sport's FIFA and COD.

The only way to get respect as a customer is to vote with your wallet or with your feet. If you think that they will listen to you moaning and complaining then please don't be surpised if it falls on deaf ears as there is always another customer just around the corner who is willing to take your place and part with their money.

If you think this is wrong, then that is fine with me. Keep up the fruitless struggle and you might see some slight changes but all in all the gaming industry is about extracting as much money in the shortest period of time because they know a bigger and better game might be just around the corner and everyone willl leave to play that instead. It is a very fickle business.

Jota
03-15-2013, 10:30 AM
I agree with you completely in the sense that nothing will happen unless players stop throwing money indiscriminately. I also agree with you when you say that this kind of companies will try to get as much money from players and as fast as possible too. What I say is that that should not stop customers from demanding a fair treatment. I'm tired of reading people complain endlessly on the forums and then still spend a ton of money. So yes, you are right, "vote with your wallet"!

Dutchie
03-15-2013, 10:47 AM
I agree with you completely in the sense that nothing will happen unless players stop throwing money indiscriminately. I also agree with you when you say that this kind of companies will try to get as much money from players and as fast as possible too. What I say is that that should not stop customers from demanding a fair treatment. I'm tired of reading people complain endlessly on the forums and then still spend a ton of money. So yes, you are right, "vote with your wallet"!

At least we are agreed on something. :)

I would love to chat longer, but I have this syndicate war thingamajig that I need to attend, make some light banter and crack some jokes with my mob via our comms channel, then kick some arse and have myself a little bit of fun.

I wish you success in whatever you decide to do.

Jota
03-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Same to you Dutchie, good luck to you and your syndicate on the upcoming war (as long as you don't hit us that is ;) )

cooch
03-15-2013, 11:33 AM

Me thinks the rush on this and gold sale is for 1Q earnings....have to show return for Gree...that's their motivation.

spectra
03-15-2013, 11:43 AM
OK, did I missed the MEMO or it said it would start at 11am PST, it is now 11:42am PST and no event yet

icon shows midtown as in "progress" but it does not activate the Main battle screen and there is no list of prizer or leaders

bald zeemer
03-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Get the update

Wave
03-15-2013, 01:14 PM
How do you set the defense leader

spectra
03-15-2013, 01:19 PM
How do you set the defense leader
the Leader just click on the members he want to be DL, and click on edit, it will ask if you want to promote or demote him, so jump click on Defense Leader

LucaLuca
03-15-2013, 01:29 PM
What difference does it make if you win or lose a battle? I don't see any significance to winning. Can someone tell me what the winner of a battle gets that the loser doesn't?

Wave
03-15-2013, 01:39 PM
the Leader just click on the members he want to be DL, and click on edit, it will ask if you want to promote or demote him, so jump click on Defense LeaderNo defense leader on the promote, demote, remove screen

Illuminati
03-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Now I understand the outrage over the length of this event (5 days). You'd have to spend ridiculous amounts of gold to remain competitive for that long considering the limited number of attacks you get.

rustbinlid
03-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Well bad of gree. With this thing going out of schedule and not listening to players make me back off and by this they loose my buying this month of 20 or 50 vaults.

I really hope that other players do thesame..... !!!!!!!!!
Are you joking? 20 or 50 vaults

Wave
03-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Anyone else having an issue setting the defense leader on iPad iOS? I can promote, demote or remove on my edit member screen

blackshadowdog
03-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Why are some syndicate players not seeing the battle list. They can not participate in the battles. Did they miss an upgrade or has the leader missed something.

jopeshi
03-15-2013, 03:41 PM
A suggestion for the developers...

The Syndicate Battle button needs to only be available to Syndicate Leaders and Officers ONLY. Random people who don't have a clue just want to fight without re-building supplies or strategizing...even if we give distinct orders not to.

Please make the Battle button available to ONLY Leader and respective Officers.

LucaLuca
03-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Restricting the Battle button was a suggestion made several times to Gree before they rolled out the event, they just didn't listen. It practically ruins the fun of the whole thing.

beeohbee72
03-15-2013, 03:47 PM
so the defender has to be defeated before any other member can be attacked? what is the hideout do?

jopeshi
03-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Restricting the Battle button was a suggestion made several times to Gree before they rolled out the event, they just didn't listen. It practically ruins the fun of the whole thing.

Ah, damn. Thanks for the heads up; I'll let my syndicate know.

Giodario
03-15-2013, 04:55 PM
How is the syndicate have so many points!!!!????????

Butt Futter
03-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Gold and lots of it

Giant gold sale today helps

lsjs41
03-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Please Gree Restrict the Declare button to officers and leader. Simple request. It will make the game more enjoyable for everyone

bald zeemer
03-15-2013, 07:57 PM
How is the syndicate have so many points!!!!????????

Go look at Bill's intro thread.

scott(ST6)
03-16-2013, 04:20 AM
what is the hideout do?

once the hideout is taken out you get double points for winning fights

scott(ST6)
03-16-2013, 05:03 AM
It would be nice if your health was tied to your stamina, more stamina more health.

NTM
03-16-2013, 07:44 AM
if u finish on TOP 100 or 25 we win all items who are behind the TOP ?

Veezy
03-16-2013, 08:01 AM
I believe so

NTM
03-16-2013, 08:13 AM
yeah me too .. but i ask lol..

cracker (ECC)
03-16-2013, 08:21 AM
This is making some serious coin for Gree. I hope they respect the players and put gold on serious sale
for the final two days.

bald zeemer
03-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Did you not see the 40% sale? And the ongoing 20%?

rustbinlid
03-16-2013, 12:20 PM
how is the syndicate have so many points!!!!????????

gold, gold and more gold.

rustbinlid
03-16-2013, 12:21 PM
The more gold you buy the more gold you get for free as part of the gold buyers bonus

rustbinlid
03-16-2013, 12:22 PM
My group is currently in the top 25, for now, might be a lot less by Monday.

AshKetchumAge10
03-16-2013, 02:39 PM
What difference does it make if you win or lose a battle? I don't see any significance to winning. Can someone tell me what the winner of a battle gets that the loser doesn't?

I'm really curious about this too. Anyone?

Sunsets
03-16-2013, 02:55 PM
The bragging rights of winning of course. I hear pixel pride goes a long way with gamers these days ;)

cracker (ECC)
03-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Anyone elses think the replenish health take too long?

AshKetchumAge10
03-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Forget bragging rights. My team is going to lose anyways.

Clausewitz
03-17-2013, 05:23 PM
To the Developers,

Would Gree consider offering a specified amount of Influence Points or World Domination Points in Modern War to syndicates or factions respectively? I think that this would add a next level dimension to an already awesome concept. For your consideration. Thanks.

-Clausewitz

happyday
03-18-2013, 09:33 AM
186 602 471
186 602 471
186 602 471

GREE Official Updates
03-18-2013, 09:39 AM

NTM, you are correct. For example if you take #1, you win all the prizes listed.

Sunsets
03-18-2013, 12:43 PM
So basically those who place within the Top 10 during WD events get boosted to a league all by themselves

OZTHEMAN
03-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Their is a sticking point with your suggestion some people live in USA we live in Europe, their is a time difference this suggestion would mean we would have to move syndicate or try to be Generals which some leaders may not want as the active players like myself have asked but our desires have fallen on deaf ears..

OZTHEMAN
03-18-2013, 03:52 PM
what about top 250?

OZTHEMAN
03-18-2013, 03:57 PM
NTM, you are correct. For example if you take #1, you win all the prizes listed.
what about top 250?

cooch
03-18-2013, 04:41 PM
what about top 250?

Dude you win your prize level and all prizes below your level. That's what is being said and what I believe was done on MW. So being in Top 25 or better yet in Top 3 sets the tone of pecking order for all battles to come.

Eventually with consolidation of probably 20,000+ syns the battle will be bracketed into Top 25, 100, 250, 1000 and maybe 2000.

Ken1378
03-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Does anybody know if the prize bonuses are cumulative with the existing Syndicate bonuses? (ie. If a player has 10,000 base defense from his/her Armor and their Syndicate has all Defense Armor bonuses, will the Silenced HFN2000 increase their Defense, by 1,000 or 1,250? Not including the 1742 + Gun Defense Bonuses, of course.)

younguns44
03-19-2013, 04:22 PM
I just increased to level 201 does anybody know if they changed it?

Ken1378
03-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Yeah, me too. Very strange. I don't seem to be gaining more experience, though.

I also can't buy any cash equipment. The game seems to think I'm at Level 1.

Castun
03-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Do you know if we can still declare battle in the last hour of the event? I've heard from MW players that you can't, so I'm wondering if this would still be the same.

the_brein
03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
I saw a battle with more time than the game clock.

Killemall415
03-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Burger Bar Crew (BBC)

Ranked 32 and at the time had only 35 members. We have opening for 10+ more
We need that extra push to be in the top 25
Recruiting members with stats 45/45k and iph 500k

Add code: 731 702 767

Must make a 10 mil donation upon joining and 4 mil daily

Bonuses upon joining, also must be active daily members

Fight Respect Payout: +25%
Job Payout: +15%
Car Attack: +10%
Car Defense: +25%
Building Output: +25%
Melee Attack: +25%
Melee Defense: +25%
Gun Attack: +10%
Gun Defense: +25%
Armor Attack: +25%
Armor Defense: +25%
Explosive Attack: +20%
Explosive Defense: +25%
Building Defense: +25%
Hideout Health: +25%
Hideout Damage: +15%
Influence Increase: +20%

Rankki
03-20-2013, 03:50 PM
I am interested 78/97k iph 1600k code 366-396-605
what do you think Roy DeMeo is my stats good enough?
Dont want to leave my old syndicate before i know.

Quicsilverdude
03-20-2013, 05:12 PM
I am a leader of a top 100 Syndicate...
We ended at 53rd place

We are looking to replace the people who we booted because of slacking/freeloaders.

We do have requirements to stay in the and a daily donation. Some in the group do purchase gold but its not required, effort is a big piece. Looking to get closer to top 25 with some new serious recruits.

Please apply at

Syndicate:
918-408-432

My code-
288-874-457

Thanks

therockstar
03-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know if the final list for midtown was posted anywhere in the forum? We placed in the top 25 but not exactly sure where?

Thanks,

Rockstar
M4A1

derchef
03-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know if the final list for midtown was posted anywhere in the forum? We placed in the top 25 but not exactly sure where?

Thanks,

Rockstar
M4A1

think round about 78...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?49120-Battle-for-Midtown-Winner-s-List

squintycath
03-21-2013, 05:40 AM
hi. if your bored with your current syndicate, let me know. we have a great group of folks and reading our forum can be very entertaining. let me know.
syndicate number 889-116-667

LordHellfire
03-21-2013, 07:22 AM
Hi,

During the war you added the feature syndicate alert in the forum of the game. It is nice, but actually misplaced. Could you improve the feature and show the information separately on the site of donate? You could add an extra rider with the log information.

The forum would be clear and one can better discus the battle strategy.

Regards,

LordHellfire

splintuh
03-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Hi,
During the war you added the feature syndicate alert in the forum of the game. It is nice, but actually misplaced. Could you improve the feature and show the information separately on the site of donate? You could add an extra rider with the log information.

The forum would be clear and one can better discus the battle strategy.

Support. I'd prefer to keep the donation logs separate from the forum. Posting all the alerts in the forum causes the posts to fly by too quickly in an active syndicate, and get older posts shrubbed alot sooner than preferred.

Lurker
03-23-2013, 02:17 AM
Second this idea

A suggestion for the developers...

The Syndicate Battle button needs to only be available to Syndicate Leaders and Officers ONLY. Random people who don't have a clue just want to fight without re-building supplies or strategizing...even if we give distinct orders not to.

Please make the Battle button available to ONLY Leader and respective Officers.

Joe Higashi
03-25-2013, 01:17 AM
Second this idea

I like this idea as well. I support it. I'd like to suggest that influence points to be reset after each battle, cause it'd be impossible for new syndicates to catch up to the better syndicates, causing them not to have any chance in winning, and the winning syndicate will always be leading. It's just a suggestion, but I think it's fairer to weaker syndicates.

bald zeemer
03-25-2013, 03:14 AM
They already are. Even though I'd benefit massively from them carrying over, there's no way they should, could or would do it.

Joe Higashi
03-25-2013, 05:07 AM
They already are. Even though I'd benefit massively from them carrying over, there's no way they should, could or would do it.

I thought the points wouldn't be reset? Someone told you it'd be reset?

Dutchie
03-25-2013, 05:17 AM
I thought the points wouldn't be reset? Who told you that it'd be reset?

They will be reset.

I told you that they will be reset.

End of.

Joe Higashi
03-25-2013, 05:19 AM
They will be reset.

I told you that they will be reset.

End of.

Ok thank you. Though your "rule 2 is to see rule 1" is funny yet meaningful. :D

Monty31
03-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Since the syndicates were added, people that are in your mafia appear on the list of people you can attack? If they are in your mafia and syndicate they don't. Is this a glitch?

cracker (ECC)
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Finished in top 250 in Battle for Midtown.

Looking for 10 strong daily players to join a great bunch of people, no daily maximum donation required, experienced players willing to offer guide and assistance.

East Coast Criminals
Syndicate 984961665

Fight Respect Payout :+25%
Jobs Payout:+10%
Car Defence:+25%
Building Output:+25%
Melee Attack +10%
Melee Defence +25%
Gun Defence:+25%
Armor Attack:+10%
Armor Defense:+20%
Explosive Defense:+15%
Building Defense:+25%
Syndicate Member Increase: +18

OneHoop
04-10-2013, 06:45 AM
prizes are on page 6

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?48456-BATTLE-FOR-MIDTOWN-3-15-to-3-20-quot-Keep-your-friends-close-but-your-enemies-closer!-quot&p=643022&viewfull=1#post643022