PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Question - Whale Zone?

2BMC27
03-13-2013, 07:36 AM
I am Level 155 and I dropped allies to around 300 to try to hide and build up cash to purchase the villa. I was attacked by someone 40 levels higher and 200 more allies than me.

Am I in the whale zone with no where to hide?

S&H Max
03-13-2013, 07:40 AM
No rival list as change... I'm lvl 126 with 48allies andd been attack during the nigth by someone with 600 allies, in my rivals I see up to 3K... So its a modification/problem in the rival list, but we dont know if its a accident or a decision by gree!

Ranger4Life
03-13-2013, 07:41 AM
I am Level 155 and I dropped allies to around 300 to try to hide and build up cash to purchase the villa. I was attacked by someone 40 levels higher and 200 more allies than me.

Am I in the whale zone with no where to hide?

YES... Enjoy!

BigD@wg
03-13-2013, 08:05 AM
No rival list as change... I'm lvl 126 with 48allies andd been attack during the nigth by someone with 600 allies, in my rivals I see up to 3K... So its a modification/problem in the rival list, but we dont know if its a accident or a decision by gree!

It was no accident. Gree changed the algorithm and now the rivals list matches you up supposedly by strength rather than ally count. There was another thread recently "my rivals list exploded" that has been discussing this very topic. Per CJ54, this was no accident.

Apparently the new algorithm doesn't completley take into account that someone with 50k stats is not as "powerful" as someone with 500k stats. It is just another way to try and force people into buying gold. What they fail to realize is that it will just make free players quit. But since free players don't contribute to their bottom line maybe that's why they did it.

The new algorithm will harm everyone except super strong (gold) players and will force the free, light, and medium gold players out of the game. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

xVeng3anc3
03-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Well, I briefly entered whale zone from level 128ish to 132ish. I had lvl 200 people like Azy and JUJU on my rivals list. I just had to stop fighting people until I got out of whale zone.

2BMC27
03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
In summary - there is not option other than to get back to 500 allies, upgrade vault and wait.

Soot
03-13-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm a new player and currently camping, was tempted to purchase gold recently but with this new change I may consider quitting this game. I don't want to buy vaults of gold every month just to stay alive. I hope they reconsider this change.

BigD@wg
03-13-2013, 01:15 PM
The problem really isn't the new algorithm. The problem is and always has been that they made it possible for level 200 players to have visibility all the way down to level 130. If the rivals list stayed constant throughout the game with only 1-10levels of visibility the matching system of player strength would take care of itself. Granted their will always be some powerhouse players at each stage of the game that will pummel you and your base but the fact that people 70+ levels above you can attack has never been fair nor will it ever be fair. They simply added this new algorithm to counter people's strategy of dropping allies to try and hide. The hiding was never a 100% safe haven but it did allow some players a little breathing room from the heavy hitters (except when they too dropped to pursue or hunt).

Close the rivals list down to where each level only has 5-10 levels of visibility. That's the proper solution. Provide incentives for leveling up rather trying to force people to buy gold to try and outspend the other person so you don't get decimated. Those millions of free players that you satisfy and keep around for longer periods of time just might become paying customers if they see they aren't getting manipulated at every turn of the game.