PDA

View Full Version : Free WD event

Alo
03-13-2013, 06:17 AM
Hello

Like I mentioned in other thread(s), there SHOULD be one totally GOLD FREE event. Just for fun and for some change for current events for who has the deepest pockets. I think even many gold players and top factions would like that. It is a REAL challenge instead of pressing Ur finger to give away money for health packs till it hurts.

And the country for that event....Greece should be a very good option :cool::cool::cool:

LagBolt
03-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Wont happen, thats why there are no PvP events any more. Gree couldnt make enough money so they disappeared without consulting anyone.

lol at Greece though

mxz
03-13-2013, 06:45 AM
Look, you're just inviting yourself to be trolled with this. It's not productive. If you want a "free" event - tell us how you think it'd work.

I explained a model, codenamed Poker Tournament, in another thread. I even got a nice message from CJ saying it was a pretty neat idea and they'd talk about implementing it. Just remember that nothing is free - if it doesn't make a business money, they won't do it. Figure out (1) how it will monetize (2) how it is set up (3) how it will run, and lay out your plan.

hombre
03-13-2013, 07:24 AM
absolutely /signed. not gonna happen tho :/

Big John
03-13-2013, 08:00 AM
What about a faction v faction along the lines of pvp where you can declare anytime and fight for loot etc.

No gold used and factions could practice for the main event.

Ranger4Life
03-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Look, you're just inviting yourself to be trolled with this. It's not productive. If you want a "free" event - tell us how you think it'd work.

I explained a model, codenamed Poker Tournament, in another thread. I even got a nice message from CJ saying it was a pretty neat idea and they'd talk about implementing it. Just remember that nothing is free - if it doesn't make a business money, they won't do it. Figure out (1) how it will monetize (2) how it is set up (3) how it will run, and lay out your plan.

Great response!

Alo
03-13-2013, 09:03 AM

I tried to be simple and quick in first post. Ppl dont like reading long posts. Simply put:

why? - cause its a challenge. Its an event, where strategy matters too, not only Ur wallet or Ur power

how will it monetize? - it wont. why? have U heard of pro bono? Well this is one of those things. U can think of it as a PR stunt too. Get more people involved and attracted to it. And mainly....people still like a challenge, right now its only a challenge of wallets, there its challenge of strategy, time, coordination etc.

how to set it up? - like rest of wars have been, just no medpacks :)

how will it run? - like rest of wars have been. ALL is the same, except no gold (no medpacks).

I would think high ranking and not so high ranking gold players would like a challenge too. Maybe there would be changes in top factions, players skills activity noticed etc :)

Xjarhead
03-13-2013, 11:02 AM
I like poll's but really because your a wuss with out gold..?..do you actually think those spending gold in events Keep spending gold and lose repeatedly? A gold free event would only mean awhole lot less//////// ahhh never mind.

I am a cow
03-22-2013, 11:50 PM
I agree that there should be a free event

hoho
03-23-2013, 12:18 AM
a "free gold" event, does that include no-gold-players(unit) prerequisite ?

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-23-2013, 12:26 AM
Even without gold, you can't defeat a person with higher stats. Plus, most factions have maxed out there boosts, so nothing changes in your dream, gold free battle.
Hello Like I mentioned in other thread(s), there SHOULD be one totally GOLD FREE event. Just for fun and for some change for current events for who has the deepest pockets. I think even many gold players and top factions would like that. It is a REAL challenge instead of pressing Ur finger to give away money for health packs till it hurts.And the country for that event....Greece should be a very good option :cool::cool::cool:

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-23-2013, 12:29 AM
What Gree needs to do is have a gold event running in parallel with a gold free event. That way, factions could choose which event works best for them. But, Gree isn't a charity. Gree doesn't hold these events to amuse or entertain you. Gree holds these events to make money, as much money as they can make.

Q Raider
03-23-2013, 02:26 AM
As distinct from "Gold Free" an alternative could be to have a range of "entrance fees" for factions.

Prior to the event a faction chooses the amount of Gold it is prepared to "wager" (spend if you prefer). Examples could be 200/500/2500/5000/10000/50000/Unlimited. The higher the bracket you elect for, the bigger the prizes.

This Gold represents the total amount of Gold that can be used in the event. It can be "decreed" to any player in the action during the event, can only be used for the actual battle scenarios and has to be expended during the event.

Strategy then plays a part in assessing who, of your team is best suited to accessing the available Gold resource in order to maximize points. Gree could drop in variants to ensure the same players are not the obvious choice each event or even each battle. For example a Sea Unit Dominant player may get a bonus during one battle, a Ground Unit dominant player in another, or even a certain flag could provide the advantage.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-23-2013, 03:17 AM
That would offer the best GAMING experience. Might as well call a spade a spade.
As distinct from "Gold Free" an alternative could be to have a range of "entrance fees" for factions.Prior to the event a faction chooses the amount of Gold it is prepared to "wager" (spend if you prefer). Examples could be 200/500/2500/5000/10000/50000/Unlimited. The higher the bracket you elect for, the bigger the prizes.This Gold represents the total amount of Gold that can be used in the event. It can be "decreed" to any player in the action during the event, can only be used for the actual battle scenarios and has to be expended during the event.Strategy then plays a part in assessing who, of your team is best suited to accessing the available Gold resource in order to maximize points. Gree could drop in variants to ensure the same players are not the obvious choice each event or even each battle. For example a Sea Unit Dominant player may get a bonus during one battle, a Ground Unit dominant player in another, or even a certain flag could provide the advantage.

Philly982
03-23-2013, 08:44 AM
A free event would be interesting, but of course will not happen because Gree is a business, not a charity. One possibility could be to have an event where it costs gold to participate in the event, however with no gold spending during the actual event. It would create a more even playing field involving more strategy other than who can spend the most gold. Of course there are lots of strategies that involve spending gold and it would not be a totally even playing field since the ones that can afford to spend a lot of gold generally have stronger armies. Also, it seems in a totally free event then the hackers would have the biggest advantage.

Alo
03-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Even businesses do sometime charity or give something away for free...mostly for PR, like I stated above, it can be taken as good PR.