PDA

View Full Version : Top 100 for China will look very different

HGF69
03-13-2013, 05:49 AM
I have a feeling that the top 100 for China will look very different given the reluctance to move the event.

I have 7 call offs including myself and the gold being spent this time around is going to drop substantially.

A good chance for some lower level factions to grab a top spot if they are willing to sacrifice their family and social committments.

Alo
03-13-2013, 06:02 AM
no worries, it will be one big mess and errors like rest of battles, cause in addition to holiday, we have in EU daylight changeing too that weekend....so it will be.....priceless :D

Morphlingman
03-13-2013, 06:13 AM
I have a feeling that the top 100 for China will look very different given the reluctance to move the event.

I have 7 call offs including myself and the gold being spent this time around is going to drop substantially.

A good chance for some lower level factions to grab a top spot if they are willing to sacrifice their family and social committments.

I doubt it. People say, "oh, I'm not participating". In protest, but they end up caving in and spending the gold anyways. Maybe not everyone, but 95% will. So the top will not change very much. In fact I bet more gold is spent, then was spent in Egypt. Each following event the WD points get higher for top 100, so people are spending more each time.

LagBolt
03-13-2013, 06:17 AM
There will be less and less factions in each event from now on. Not only are they too close together and on holidays, the top factions will recruit the best (gold spenders) players to consolidate their positions. In the end, the top 500 will be all gold players and even small free factions will be able to compete for the top 4000. It will just take time for the cream to rise or in this case, the richest.

Dutchie
03-13-2013, 06:27 AM

Make that two. We will participate but nothing like what we did in any previous events and we shall see where we end up. Many have plans to spend time with family and friends during this holiday period and we certainly will not be forcing anyone in our faction to play during this period.

I really don't care what other factions do, nor will I listen to the trolls who keep banging on about how we won't keep to our boycott because we have an addiction. You can look us up in the Winners List for China for all I care.

We as a group have strong bonds and united we will stand. Our faction rules will always stay the same.

In matter of fact, we have new members coming on board who agree with our sentiments in that there are too many WD Events. We will never turn this into a chore.

Plutorules
03-13-2013, 06:57 AM
We will see in the future that no one really wants to fight for 4000, so just by showing up to battles you will qualify for top4000. There is simply not much incentive for active players that also wants to have a life to participate very much. If you have to fight for 3 days although sleeping then you get an indestructive unit of 302 atk/ 268 def. If you spend gold you have a Soldiers Assassin at 720 gold that 50 bucks. I think a lot of people will think like this in the future. We placed 821 in Egypt and will proberly play something like that in China then we will have a talk about weather or not to keep up the steam. An Idea to Gree/Funzio is to alter the event so its not nonstop for 3 days but somehow divide it up over longer time with some timeouts(how it should be made with players worldwide I dont know - mayby you select an 6 hour window that fits you before the campaign)

Best wishes

Web323
03-13-2013, 07:03 AM
The top 10 will stay the same but I agree the balance will have a different cast of factions this time. I have no plans on playing on Easter, so this event will be a two day event for me.

Some Random Clown
03-13-2013, 08:30 AM
We were 861 in the last one and have called a stand down for this one. Ive got a few guys that will free play some but no gold at all will be spent. Maybe try a few new strategies out and some off the wall stuff to see how it plays out.

Dutchie
03-13-2013, 08:35 AM
We were 861 in the last one and have called a stand down for this one. Ive got a few guys that will free play some but no gold at all will be spent. Maybe try a few new strategies out and some off the wall stuff to see how it plays out.Sounds like a good plan my man!

SuperSonic Chimp
03-13-2013, 08:55 AM
We're doing all free this event and nowhere remotely close to committed. Terrible weekend to hold this event, even worse...so close after Egypt and we're still recovering from the massive casualty loss. So we're pretty much saving up for the next event, which will probably be the following weekend if pattern holds true. :-x Even so, We figure we will alternate our gold spending WD events. This is a good time to start.

vorm
03-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Honestly with the wars continuing to be so close together plus it being a holiday weekend, I don't care if we drop all the way out of the top 100 for the first time ever. I love my faction as the people in it are great, and their is more to life than getting an extra pixel army guy.

Dutchie
03-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Honestly with the wars continuing to be so close together plus it being a holiday weekend, I don't care if we drop all the way out of the top 100 for the first time ever. I love my faction as the people in it are great, and their is more to life than getting an extra pixel army guy.

Great attitude vorm and I echo your sentiments.

Agent Orange
03-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Let's see,

1) folks will complain
2) Gree will do nothing
3) folks will spend like no tomorrow
4) Gree will rub their hands in Glee

procsyzarc
03-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Let's see,

1) folks will complain
2) Gree will do nothing
3) folks will spend like no tomorrow
4) Gree will rub their hands in Glee

This

People say this every WD, yet every WD when it is all said and done more money was spent that the previous one

Major Silverback
03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Spend gold! It will heal ur wounds!

Richie480
03-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi everyone if you're looking for a great faction with active members please request to join us high command we recently removed deadwood. Great faction great players who help and advise each other try it just request to join using this code

Our faction stats below and is improving rapidly

Health Regen +14%
Infantry Defense +15
Ground Defense +10
Sea Defense +10
Air Defense +10
Building Defense +20
Guild Member Increase +16
All invited to join remember the request code is 322898644 any questions pm me see you soon

Tylersdad
03-13-2013, 06:58 PM
So, i dont follow the forum as much as some of you, so im curious if there has been an official comment by cj that they will not be changing the date. Cause im still hoping they do. If there is no change i will not be participating and neither will my, heavily catholic italian faction mate, who together spent in upwards of $1200 in the last war. I know its ridiculous to post this period, much less in protest. I just find it ironic we have another day forced upon us by a holiday because gree needed time off. I know, i know! Dont play the game and just shut up! Im going to, but the competitive person in me is pissed off about this.

Ascent
03-13-2013, 09:00 PM
I've been playing this game since the beginning of time and have yet to recall a single episode when anything happening in the forum changed Funzio/Gree's mind on anything. Which also makes me believe, that most of the assumptions we have as to the "mistakes" they make are also wrong. We may think they drive players away, and it may also be true that a lot of players stop playing as a result, but their bottom line probably shows that all the things they do that we hate are actually making them more and more money.

Dutchie
03-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Who said anything about complaining. There are solutions for every problem. Their schedule is not driving me away nor is it preventing me from playing but when your faction is not at full strength by a long way, it is better to conserve your resources for another event... I mean there will be plenty of them ahead of us, so we will be spoilt for choice. Let's call it a little holiday, a well deserved break.

You lot can empty your wallets on GREE in this next event, while I will do the same on my family :)

Have fun in China!

ertrifo
03-14-2013, 01:41 AM
We must pull out as we will not have enough concrete blocks to build walls

Dutchie
03-14-2013, 02:08 AM
We must pull out as we will not have enough concrete blocks to build wallsAre fortifications really required when the name of the game is to score as many points?

Alo
03-14-2013, 03:14 AM
Are fortifications really required when the name of the game is to score as many points?

at lover tiers they help a lot. In spots 500-1000 they rarely take down lvl5 forts (cause its better to hit members than wall if Ur not made of gold).

Dutchie
03-14-2013, 03:37 AM
at lover tiers they help a lot. In spots 500-1000 they rarely take down lvl5 forts (cause its better to hit members than wall if Ur not made of gold).

Does that mean if the rival faction doesn't take your wall down, YOU score more points?

Think about it!

Alo
03-14-2013, 04:13 AM
Does that mean if the rival faction doesn't take your wall down, YOU score more points?

Think about it!

if U take wall down, then U score double points. If in lower tiers its level 5 fort, then its no point wasting health packs (gold) to take down the walls, better to hit members with those healthpacks and score (even tho U dont get double points). Top factions will take lvl10 forts down with no problem, they are made of gold anyway.

Dutchie
03-14-2013, 04:59 AM
if U take wall down, then U score double points. If in lower tiers its level 5 fort, then its no point wasting health packs (gold) to take down the walls, better to hit members with those healthpacks and score (even tho U dont get double points). Top factions will take lvl10 forts down with no problem, they are made of gold anyway.

Does that mean YOUR faction requires fortifications then?

Alo
03-14-2013, 05:29 AM
Does that mean YOUR faction requires fortifications then?

YES, cause we compete basically in same tier, and otherwise they get MORE points and stay ahead of us. No need to help others get to top 250/500 without having walls if U want to get in there Urself.

Dutchie
03-14-2013, 05:42 AM
YES, cause we compete basically in same tier, and otherwise they get MORE points and stay ahead of us. No need to help others get to top 250/500 without having walls if U want to get in there Urself.

I think that is a misnomer. Watch this space as we will be trying a few things out over the coming events.