PDA

View Full Version : Gem money buildings...worth it?

Seryna
03-12-2013, 11:28 PM
So I have been getting more gems using Tapjoy but it's still pretty limited. I've been using most of them for events so far, but I had enough to buy an apothecary, a gem money building. My questions is if you have limited gems...are they worth it or should I just save the gems for events? I figure the units for events are good but gem money buildings are constantly giving you more gold so over the long run might be more worth it? Which ones are the best to get first? That is should I just save up to get the gold mine right away or just start with the ones that require less gems like apothecary?

Gru
03-13-2013, 02:05 AM
IMHO, save them if you are limited. Upgrades to Manors, Inns, Leatherworkers & etc… can give you the iph/gold you need. Not sure Winemakers aren't on the list, they may be the best bang for buck. Personally, I like Gold Mines, but I think I'm in the minority.

Proprioc3ption
03-13-2013, 03:05 AM
Absolutely! As a basis to add to your income yes! Gold mines, Wineries etc, add up to a decent income. Add them to your manors or start off with them before you get manors. Either way they are worth it.
They are a lot quicker to upgrade too...and cheaper.

Nothing beats raiding, looting and pillaging thought! Add that source of income to your buildings and you could make enough everyday to look after 5 kingdoms.

GreenGuru
03-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Definitely spend them on the gem buildings, I would only even bother using your gems on the PvE LTQ's since that's where they're most effective. Start with getting the Apothecaries (they're give you a great IPH), then Wineries, then Gold Mines, then Jewel Crafters. The Jewel crafters offer some lame IPH compared to the rest so save it for last. Reason I don't say get Gold Mines first is because it's going to take you a while and it costs double the gems of the others (more than double for some) and if you were to add up the incomes from the two of your other gem buildings compared to the Gold Mine, it either is close to the Gold mine or more than it so it seems a better idea to get the others (except for the Jewelcrafter) before the Gold Mine. I don't say save up for all your gem buildings before using gems on events though. I personally just built my gems up and spent them on events if I felt it was a good use at the time and then used the gems on the gems buildings when I saved up enough for them.

Enjoy!

GoBengalsGoReds
03-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Since you're asking for opinions, I'll add mine. No. Don't waste precious gems on gem buildings. You make way more money raiding and attacking. I don't buy many gems, and have also been acquiring them for use on the LTQ's. The units you get from those events far outweigh adding to your IPH. I paid for my BD10 plus 300 dragons by raiding and attacking, now using the same method to add to guild donations. I think the gems are better spent on LTQs and acquiring those high end units as opposed to adding more income buildings. Good luck.

-DL

Shinazueli
03-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Basically, it boils down to this: are you camping? Then hell yes. If not, you won't care about IPH anyway and just continue being bad. :)

GoBengalsGoReds
03-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Basically, it boils down to this: are you camping? Then hell yes. If not, you won't care about IPH anyway and just continue being bad. :)

I guess its tough to give you any advice without knowing the style you play. Shina has a very valid point. Raiding, attacking, and pillaging may not be your style. If you prefer a more passive style of play, then the gem buildings and extra IPH would be more beneficial to you. However, if you play the way I play, then the buildings aren't as valuable as the units you'll receive in the LTQs, especially since income is based on who was unlucky enough to leave their buildings uncollected.

-DL

Shinazueli
03-13-2013, 12:17 PM
I guess its tough to give you any advice without knowing the style you play. Shina has a very valid point. Raiding, attacking, and pillaging may not be your style. If you prefer a more passive style of play, then the gem buildings and extra IPH would be more beneficial to you. However, if you play the way I play, then the buildings aren't as valuable as the units you'll receive in the LTQs, especially since income is based on who was *unlucky* dumb enough to leave their buildings uncollected.

-DL

Fixed that for you.

GoBengalsGoReds
03-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Fixed that for you.

Lol, thats probably more accurate than unlucky.

-DL

Seryna
03-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Great advice everyone. I think my style of play is somewhere between camping and extreme raiding. I usually participate in all the LTQs. I raid when I need money for an expensive upgrade but it does get tiring to go through your battle list looking for good targets. I guess I will save my gems for LTQs but if I have some extra I might go for the cheaper gem buildings.

groovdog
03-15-2013, 07:14 AM
Apothecary is best combination of income, upgrade time and upgrade cost. The Winemaker is the best money maker for comparable upgrade cost but 2x upgrade time. Gold mine is in the middle, good cash shorter upgrade time then winemaker but higher upgrade cost. All are assumptions to level 10. At individual levels each varies but alot depends on how often you collect... Its mostly personal preference and collection rates. I collect and didnt want to spend the cash for mines so I did the other 3 as I needed ramped IPH since I am a newer player trying to get going faster. As a free player of longer standing I probably would do wine x2 and stop but thats just an opinion.

GreenGuru
03-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Get a Winery at least. Don't bother with the others. All rip-offs. Especially the Jewelcrafter.

The Apothecary is better to start off with, very cheap to upgrade and dishes out a very nice IPH

Gree player
03-17-2013, 04:00 AM
Apothecary is very cheap to upgrade? Costs per level are more than the Merchant Caravan. People that have just started playing can't afford the upgrades.
Does it require gems to upgrade a gem building?

GreenGuru
03-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Does it require gems to upgrade a gem building?

To be a little more clear so you aren't confused, the answer is no. You don't upgrade them with gems, they upgrade by gold.