PDA

View Full Version : Beginner's Guide To Running A Battle (Tactics, Techniques and Procedures)

mxz
03-12-2013, 06:30 PM
During Greenland and Egypt I noticed a lot of factions with just terrible strategies. Uncoordinated attacks lead to very low points. In the interest of helping out some of the factions that may not be enjoying the battles as much as our team, I wanted to share some tips for the lower level factions out there.

Please note this is merely a general guide that may improve your faction's success in battle (I take no responsibility for it not working :)). It's generally applicable above the 250+ range. Any factions in the top 250 will have different (and more advanced) tactics. Remember that all battles are different and you should have contingency plans.

We'll go over a few important things. First, we'll touch on recruiting, then move to Battle Preparation. I'll run down the typical battle flow and finish up with how to run post-battle analysis to help keep your team motivated.

Recruiting

Recruit players with similar play styles as yourself, they're more likely to buy into your goals and be there ready to battle beside you
Recruit based on dedication level (including gold spending). If there's a large disparity in how seriously it will be taken, some members will become unhappy or resent the others
Motivate your team by reminding them of the faction goals (top 500, building output bonus +10%, etc..)
Explain how you plan to achieve those goals before they join the faction

Battle preparation

Know your team. Have a sheet of their stats, operating system, and time zone.
Get connected. Have a communications plan that works for your team.
Assign roles and responsibilities. Explain to your team why this is important to achieving your goals. Sure, being the power hitter sucks, but it's critical to the teams' success.
Instill accountability. Everyone is necessary and responsible for achieving your goals.

Assigning Roles

Battle Leader: responsible for roll call, assigning roles, assigning scouting targets and all battle decisions.
Defense Lead Hitter (DLH) x2: assigned to use power attacks against the opposing Defense Leader. Choose the two lowest stat players.
Scout x2-x4: assigned to 2-3 targets to test enemy defense, choose the highest stats players.
Scribe (optional): assigned to compile scouting reports and communicate via the communications plan.

Battle Flow

Roll call (Leader)
Role assignments (Leader)
Declaration of war (as assigned)
Defense Leader hits (Defense Leader Hitters)
Assign scouting targets (Leader)
Scouting (Scouts)
Compilation of target list (Scribe, or leader)
Give go ahead to attack targets (Leader)
End mission

Post mission After Action Report

Thank your members for their contributions - let them know how they helped!
Explain how that battle fits in with the overall plan. If you lose - remind your members that Win/Loss ratios are not important.
Discuss ways your battle plan could be improved.
Solicit ideas for other strategies (helps keep them committed)

I hope this helps some of the less experienced factions out there. With a little bit of planning and coordination you can achieve better results and have a better faction experience. Hopefully this is enough information to get you off the ground and ready for China.

-mxz, proud to carry the flag for VFF Camps & Tramps (#152, Egypt)

Dudebot121256
03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the great strategy, I'll keep this in mind.

Adm.J
03-12-2013, 06:40 PM
A well laid out and helpful thread for those having difficulty. I follow just about all of this already with my own faction, though smaller numbers do make the assigning of some tasks more difficult. But that's what a faction leader does: finds a work around for whatever problem arises and carries on.

Trebor
03-12-2013, 06:43 PM
The faction I'm in chats via forum and does whatever it wants , ragtag get it done. If we implement this battle plan I'm sure we could be better. 81 brazil. 135 gee land 213 Egypt china ???? Back to top 100 hmmmmm. Thanks for this

Kostaki
03-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the useful tips. I am a faction leader who is having a tough time cracking top 1000... sad I know! Im curious how you or others recommend communication among faction members, to do things like roll call. The faction forum sucks for that purpose. Thanks.

jamie..TTB..
03-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Any Advice regarding knocking walls down?

WRekd
03-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Explain how that battle fits in with the overall plan. If you lose - remind your members that Win/Loss ratios are not important.

I wished more people would understand this

mxz
03-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Any Advice regarding knocking walls down?I could do a whole different thread on walls...

My general tip is, decide on the wall based on the number of active players for that battle. This also changes based on how much damage you're doing to walls, which changes for each event. (these numbers also assume you're not spending gold)

6 players
10 players
15 players
20 players
25 players
30 players
35 players
40 players
45 players
50 players

You want to leave a wall up when you can score more points by just hitting the enemy directly. Every hit on the wall is WD points you didn't get - so to have a good return on your investment you need to calculate points with and without the wall.

Say the wall you're up against will take 10 hits to take down. If you have 5 people online and all are fully recharged - you can quickly do the math. 5 people * 6 free hits = 30 total hits. Power attacks on the DL take up 8 hits. 22 hits remaining.
Leaving the wall up, say you get 100 WD points a hit. That's 2,200 points you'll get that battle.
Taking the wall down, you'll get 200 WD points a hit. You only get 14 hits on players since 10 were used on the wall. 12*200 = 2,400. So, you're better off taking down the wall first.

* In general, WD points from hits on the wall are negligible, so it's easier to assume they're 0 *

Trebor
03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
My faction leader needs to take notes

Big John
03-12-2013, 07:14 PM
If we drop out the top 500 I'll know who to blame.

Very good advice.

mxz
03-12-2013, 07:17 PM
My faction leader needs to take notesYou don't need to be the faction leader to lead a battle. A majority of VFF C&T battles are run by those without "Leader" next to their name. Everyone is responsible for success!

Leader is a title people bestow upon someone they willingly follow.

jamie..TTB..
03-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Great advice mxz...

SuperSonic Chimp
03-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Spot on. Organization is key! And don't panic. Trust your plan works and stick to it. A 32 member faction can make top 250 without using gold.

Lt. Apache
03-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Well explained tactic. Great sharing ;)

quantumace
03-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Wait, I thought everyone had agreed to only give bad advice on the forums?

This friendly competition and togetherness malarky is going to erode the isolationist paranoia we have all been working to build. It's like you are ignoring the "it's only fun if someone else loses" motto. If we keep this neighborly bunk up, I might as well spend time with my family.

heal
03-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Defense Lead Hitter (DLH) x2: assigned to use power attacks against the opposing Defense Leader. Choose the two lowest stat players.
Can you please explain why this is the best option.

jamie..TTB..
03-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Can you please explain why this is the best option.

as it only takes 2 power attacks from any stats player use the lowest two as they would do less damage else where...

Beaver
03-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Does any one have an opinion of resting an hour between attacks or would having to shifts of defense leader hitters be a better plan?

mxz
03-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Does any one have an opinion of resting an hour between attacks or would having to shifts of defense leader hitters be a better plan?Depends on how many active players you have and how much you want to achieve. When we were shooting for top 1,000 we took 2 hour breaks. When we decided to go for 250 we only took an hour break. If we wanted top 100 we'd have needed to go every hour.

Jhenry02
03-12-2013, 09:16 PM
I ran 1 battle in Egypt and we lost.

Flack
03-12-2013, 09:18 PM
attacking every other hour allows you to save up to full for the start of the battle and hit another 3 times during the battle for non gold users. This will let you build your points up without stressing your team.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-12-2013, 09:35 PM
I hear there are players with stats so high, they don't stress about who they whack. Wish I could be one of those guys. If I try hard, I'll break 200,000 in a couple months, unboosted.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Does any one have an opinion of resting an hour between attacks or would having to shifts of defense leader hitters be a better plan?I have heard some teams rest for two days. WOW, just WOW.

Jaebee
03-12-2013, 10:14 PM
I ran 1 battle in Egypt and we lost.that's funny J

King Fox
03-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Great post! Thanks ;)

Speed ump
03-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Wow, I better take notes. This is very sophisticated and all. I just show up and whack any moles I find. Didn't know it was so complicated. Guess I've been doing it wrong this whole time.lol

Trebor
03-12-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm sure there's a war room for you guys sitting in the cove with cigars and 75 year old scotch

I seen the picture of the war room in another thread I think

skullcleaner89
03-12-2013, 11:34 PM
The faction I'm in chats via forum and does whatever it wants , ragtag get it done. If we implement this battle plan I'm sure we could be better. 81 brazil. 135 gee land 213 Egypt china ???? Back to top 100 hmmmmm. Thanks for this

Seems as though your faction may be going backwards for your place in wars.... My faction went 254th in brazil, 143rd in Greenland, and 56th in Egypy.. Im not sure I may be wrong but guess what we plan to go for next? anyways good hunting pal....

254th brazil
143rd Greenland
56th Egypt Skull&Bones - 665-162-842

ohgreatitsryan
03-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Seems as though your faction may be going backwards for your place in wars

There is no reason for you to be putting down anyone else's faction. I could just as easily discuss how it seem's absolutely incredible that you were able to finish outside of the top 250 in Brazil and still want to brag about it.
You don't know the reason their ranking dropped. Maybe they didn't want to spend gold since Gree lied about the timing for events?
Regardless, how can you, who finished outside of the top 250 in Brazil, put him down when he was in the top 100 there, and also finished better than you in Greenland?

Also, don't hijack threads to recruit for your faction. There is an entire section dedicated to that.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-13-2013, 01:00 AM
There is no reason for you to be putting down anyone else's faction. I could just as easily discuss how it seem's absolutely incredible that you were able to finish outside of the top 250 in Brazil and still want to brag about it.
You don't know the reason their ranking dropped. Maybe they didn't want to spend gold since Gree lied about the timing for events?
Regardless, how can you, who finished outside of the top 250 in Brazil, put him down when he was in the top 100 there, and also finished better than you in Greenland?

Also, don't hijack threads to recruit for your faction. There is an entire section dedicated to that.

I'm glad Im not the only one who tries to police thread highjacking, and heckling other factions in the name of faction recruiting! Much respect! :-)

hombre
03-13-2013, 05:58 AM
I hear there are players with stats so high, they don't stress about who they whack. Wish I could be one of those guys. If I try hard, I'll break 200,000 in a couple months, unboosted.

I have heard some teams rest for two days. WOW, just WOW.

Wow, I better take notes. This is very sophisticated and all. I just show up and whack any moles I find. Didn't know it was so complicated. Guess I've been doing it wrong this whole time.lol

i heard there are people throwing copious amounts of real money at a game for whatever reasons, maybe to make them feel like they are a little or more bit better than the rest. i heard it also starts to show in their slightly arrogant posts with complete disregard for the average player. they also have no need for any strategy whatsoever, but thats just a corollary to the distorted dynamics of a pay-to-win game. the sad thing i heard about this is, that skill really doesnt reflect properly in rankings, which makes the feeling-better-than-the-rest part slightly delusional.

i also herd that theres an ignore button somewhere.

hombre
03-13-2013, 06:11 AM
last thing i heard is that a multiple headed animal has leaked the OPs strat from one faction to another. too bad it hasnt had access to the den of knowledge for quite some time now, and evolution is a beast in its own right.

http://666kb.com/i/ccbjdq6vxsuqlnk5m.jpg

S&H Max
03-13-2013, 06:18 AM
We fougth HTC in the last battle of Egypt.

I can tell you they are orgamnise, and they seem to do pts trougth out the battle, and the decision about our wall was taken really quickly.

We were loucky to have a 200k pts advance on the 100th spots so we didnt had to fight hard on them, still took the DL and wall, and did a scouting round, to be prepare if our lead, started to melt down!

We was used to play in top 250 and we see there is a lot of difference between top 250 and top 100, if you want to go play with them dont enter into this with 250 allies, lvl 125 and only 55k def... They will eat you, still it was fun playing with them!

See you in the next war HTC

Max - S&H

On original post : real good advice on the strategy still you have to work around what you have on the team! There will always have gold involve but making the most pts out of it is the real challenge. So choising your golden fights is a real important thing! Also when someone is in charge... listen to him, even if he dont have the best strategy, everyone working on the same way will always be better then everyone on their own!

Speed ump
03-13-2013, 06:33 AM
Hombre, skill? What skill is involved in this game? Campers talk about the skill in building iph, or armies with no gold. There's no skill in this method any more than spending gold. It's a function of time and luck, not being raided or decimated by other players so badly that you cannot build up. Not really any skill involved in it. Do I think I'm better than anyone else? Not in the least. Do I think we won the event, why yes I do. Do I think I know a few things about this game? Yes. I have many games I play at once, some are free games, some are gold games. I think other people he have mentioned that to be in about the top 500, you have to spend gold. It's the way it is. I have won auctions for antique reels in the past, when I first began my hobby. At the time I had the old guard in the hobby demeaning how much I spent, and going on about that. I eventually joined the collecting organization and explained to them that I would be more than happy to pay less. All they had to do was stop bidding the auction up. They were all fairly intelligent fellows, and realized I was correct. Prices were a reflection of the market. Each faction has to pay market price for the position they achieve, it's the way of the world. Most things in life are not free. I think we all realize when we see a come on about a free membership, etc, that in the end, it's not free. You will be expected to pay for services you receive, in some form. Those of use who spend at the upper level subsidize those who spend nothing. It's not free, and never was. That was just you trying to fool yourself into believing that. I'm happy with my choices, I'm willing to pay for my level of entertainment, and just like the football team that wins their game, I like to have a little swagger with wins. I keep it clean, I keep it civil. I poke a little fun. I came here to have some fun, and fun I will have.

mxz
03-13-2013, 06:39 AM
Wow, I better take notes. This is very sophisticated and all. I just show up and whack any moles I find. Didn't know it was so complicated. Guess I've been doing it wrong this whole time.lollol, yeah fair point. If you don't have nukes...you need to make up for it in strategy.

A well planned and efficiently executed battle plan can be a a real game changer in asymmetric battles.

hombre
03-13-2013, 07:05 AM
speed ump, i dont mind you guys having a hobby and spending gold, and i am well aware that this enables us free players (at least partly, i suspect they make huge profits from this game) to play the game. i also think that you guys have probably the most exhaustive knowledge of the intricacies of the game, simply due to the amount of time spent with it. only thing i mind is the disregard for non gold spenders and their concerns, especially from PJ.

we need strategies, and they work. we made it top 100 3 times, with diminishing gold usage up to almost no gold in BFE. this is where i get my fun in this game from: strategy & coordination. and believe, theres alot of strategems that can be employed in this game, both short term and long term. heavy gold user probably have no need for them, but they do make a difference for non spenders.

this thread is a red flag to me in a second regard: i heavily suspect the OPs strat to be a slight variation of a strat our faction has written up day 1 BFB, and ever since used and refined. that one of our former members has an llp in vff c&t, and that our strat has _very_ similar terminology and flow (see the flowchart above) just reinforces my suspicion. i dont mind anyone using it, but i think credit is due where credit is due.

Mcdoc
03-13-2013, 07:10 AM
We have been using some additional strategies that have helped us finish 16th, 6th & 18th. In fact - our faction was JUST talking about adopting another faction to help along and get them to the next teir - perhaps from 1000 to 250 or higher - if they were willing to change their name to VFF Delta (although that was a designation for REG - they don't fly under that official name).

I've been known to toss out a few $50 ITunes cards to help VFF members - so if you like the strategies you've seen in this thread and want to know some more advanced winning strategies on top of this and are hungry to move up the Prize tier - AND - are willing to be adopted by an Elite faction by changing your name to VFF Delta - send me a pm :)

mxz
03-13-2013, 07:24 AM
this thread is a red flag to me in a second regard: i heavily suspect the OPs strat to be a slight variation of a strat our faction has written up day 1 BFB, and ever since used and refined. that one of our former members has an llp in vff c&t, and that our strat has _very_ similar terminology and flow (see the flowchart above) just reinforces my suspicion. i dont mind anyone using it, but i think credit is due where credit is due.Don't get too high on yourself, hombre - we don't even use this strategy as written. If you're using this strategy - you're not fighting as effectively and efficiently as you can. This is merely a base strategy for disorganized factions to start from. I would highly doubt this, as written, could be efficient for any top 100 teams.

So if you're a top 100 faction and still using a basic strategy, you should update your flow chart. Congrats on doing so well with it, though.

Also, you might be trolling, but you really think I need to learn about phases of warfare from a member that joined in Jan 2013? That type of stuff is second nature to many people. I live this stuff :)

Jhenry02
03-13-2013, 07:25 AM
If it gets me a $50 iTunes card ill change my factions name to VFF delta

Issaquah
03-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Don't get too high on yourself, hombre - we don't even use this strategy as written. If you're using this strategy - you're not fighting as effectively and efficiently as you can. This is merely a base strategy for disorganized factions to start from. I would highly doubt this, as written, could be efficient for any top 100 teams.

So if you're a top 100 faction and still using a basic strategy, you should update your flow chart. Congrats on doing so well with it, though.

Also, you might be trolling, but you really think I need to learn about phases of warfare from a member that joined in Jan 2013? That type of stuff is second nature to many people. I live this stuff :)

I'd suggest this is as important as the initial post.

Gold spenders or not, the key objectives are pretty simple:
have a plan
be organized
have efficient an efficient form of communication

hombre
03-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Don't get too high on yourself, hombre - we don't even use this strategy as written. If you're using this strategy - you're not fighting as effectively and efficiently as you can. This is merely a base strategy for disorganized factions to start from. I would highly doubt this, as written, could be efficient for any top 100 teams.

mxz, way to try and belittle me. ive played this game for over a year now, i just made the forum acc in jan. and no, the flowchart is not our entire strat, its is just a depiction of the written out thing, as most flow charts are. and yes, the written out thing is much more complex - even too complex in my opinion. it was about 2-3 pages in its peak. efficiency is key for non-spenders. lastly, i am only talking about the WD related stuff, and this DID start in jan iirc.

i agree that

Assigning Roles
Battle Leader: responsible for roll call, assigning roles, assigning scouting targets and all battle decisions.
Scout x2-x4: assigned to 2-3 targets to test enemy defense, choose the highest stats players.
Scribe (optional): assigned to compile scouting reports and communicate via the communications plan.

Battle Flow
Roll call (Leader)
Role assignments (Leader)
Declaration of war (as assigned)
Defense Leader hits (Defense Leader Hitters)
Assign scouting targets (Leader)
Scouting (Scouts)
Compilation of target list (Scribe, or leader)
Give go ahead to attack targets (Leader)
End mission

is just the plain logical thing to do given the rules of WD. well, ima give you a wrap up of our base WD strat in our lingo and you decide if you wouldnt get erm, "suspicious" :)

- Role Call
Roles:
MC (master of ceremony) assigns roles, assigns high/mid/low scouts and calls the shots.
probe xxxxxxxx
2 kamikazes (lowest present aa) use power attacks on dl
1-2 scouts (high aa) test targets

MC declares war

- Crack DL
xxx
kamis power attack DL
- Scouts
(top, mid, bottom)scouts attack & report back
- Profit
grunts do the rest

the fact that we had a member (with an llp in vff c&t) leave after BFB, and wanting to be deleted from our external forum (mind you, i told her she could stay on the forum and i wouldnt mind) to "not be accused of turning spy" doesnt help.

well after getting this all out, id like to say that it isnt that big of a deal. we just take some pride in our quite elaborated WD strat, and to see it pop up suspectedly in disguise on the gree forums made me cringe a bit. maybe im just paranoid. id also like to say that theres some stuff surrounding the base strat that i found quite interesting and will be implemented asap :) sorry for causing a stir.

Mcdoc
03-13-2013, 08:02 AM
If it gets me a $50 iTunes card ill change my factions name to VFF deltaLoL :). You're already part of the family :)

Jhenry02
03-13-2013, 08:06 AM
No comment

hombre
03-13-2013, 08:08 AM
id like to stress that above version of our strat is the most dumbed down i could come up with, and still be able to see the parallels to OPs strat.

and whatever, im done here ;)

mxz
03-13-2013, 08:12 AM
the fact that we had a member (with an llp in vff c&t) leave after BFB, and wanting to be deleted from our external forum (mind you, i told her she could stay on the forum and i wouldnt mind) to "not be accused of turning spy" doesnt help.

well after getting this all out, id like to say that it isnt that big of a deal. we just take some pride in our quite elaborated WD strat, and to see it pop up suspectedly in disguise on the gree forums made me cringe a bit. maybe im just paranoid. id also like to say that theres some stuff surrounding the base strat that i found quite interesting and will be implemented asap :) sorry for causing a stir.So, you took our strategy? Or this strategy? Who cares? That's why I put it out there. If you want some credit - put it out there and talk about it, don't try attaching your name to someone else's work. Congrats, you snuck a spy in...but, just like walls - it doesn't matter. We've hit our goals both times we've battled - and that's the whole point of this: to be able to achieve goals.

To me, it doesn't matter if you're using base strategy, our advanced strategy, or your own strategy. If you stop caring how other people finish you'll battle more efficiently and enjoy the game more.

hombre
03-13-2013, 08:14 AM
relevant

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

SuperSonic Chimp
03-13-2013, 08:15 AM
We have been using some additional strategies that have helped us finish 16th, 6th & 18th. In fact - our faction was JUST talking about adopting another faction to help along and get them to the next teir - perhaps from 1000 to 250 or higher - if they were willing to change their name to VFF Delta (although that was a designation for REG - they don't fly under that official name).

I've been known to toss out a few $50 ITunes cards to help VFF members - so if you like the strategies you've seen in this thread and want to know some more advanced winning strategies on top of this and are hungry to move up the Prize tier - AND - are willing to be adopted by an Elite faction by changing your name to VFF Delta - send me a pm :)

Hey now, how about some Google Play gift cards?!! lol

SuperSonic Chimp
03-13-2013, 08:16 AM
LoL :). You're already part of the family :)

No comment

*high pitched voice* AAAACCCCKKWAAAAAARD! lol

hombre
03-13-2013, 08:19 AM
don't try attaching your name to someone else's work.
this is exactly what gets me worked up here. just the other way around as to what you are thinking.

Stop caring how other people finish and you'll enjoy the game more.
i enjoy the game to a great extend. just not now. also, please stop trying to give unsolicited advice to me (careful, recursion!).

S&H Max
03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Maybe VFF should think about changind it so S&H... We could be S&H Delta, Mcdoc what do you think about that?

mistergreen
03-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Flow diagrams?!?! Now I've seen everything! LMAO!

hombre
03-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Flow diagrams?!?! Now I've seen everything! LMAO!

xD

ya, you gotta hand something to the TL;DR population

after stepping AFK for a moment, i realize how ridiculous this all was. my apologies, shoulda handled it differently, maybe through pms. or maybe just not care so much. cause i usually dont :)

whatever, thread carry on! pls! on topic this time!

Colonel Jessup
03-13-2013, 11:08 AM
I could do a whole different thread on walls...

My general tip is, decide on the wall based on the number of active players for that battle. This also changes based on how much damage you're doing to walls, which changes for each event. (these numbers also assume you're not spending gold)

6 players
10 players
15 players
20 players
25 players
30 players
35 players
40 players
45 players
50 players

You want to leave a wall up when you can score more points by just hitting the enemy directly. Every hit on the wall is WD points you didn't get - so to have a good return on your investment you need to calculate points with and without the wall.

Say the wall you're up against will take 10 hits to take down. If you have 5 people online and all are fully recharged - you can quickly do the math. 5 people * 6 free hits = 30 total hits. Power attacks on the DL take up 8 hits. 22 hits remaining.
Leaving the wall up, say you get 100 WD points a hit. That's 2,200 points you'll get that battle.
Taking the wall down, you'll get 200 WD points a hit. You only get 14 hits on players since 10 were used on the wall. 12*200 = 2,400. So, you're better off taking down the wall first.

* In general, WD points from hits on the wall are negligible, so it's easier to assume they're 0 *

Can u start up a section on walls with analysis and discussion? We have found having less than those numbers of active players at the beginning to be beneficial because usually several players will come in to take four quick hits later in a battle. We have also found that after scouting the WD points we receive are usually the 150/300 avg compared to the 100/200 you are suggesting. It looks like something you have spent a lot of time looking at and would like to hear more about it. Thanks.

skullcleaner89
03-13-2013, 12:00 PM

In the nicest was possible, I made an observation, if you don't like it, don't read it. and I guess you cannot make the observation that we have progressively gotten better?

ohgreatitsryan
03-13-2013, 01:57 PM
While I appreciate how great you think I am, this wasn't meant to be a pissing contest (but thanks for recognizing I won), I just thought you were being a hat which one wears on their rump, and wanted to let you know that isn't what this thread is for.

skullcleaner89
03-13-2013, 05:27 PM
While I appreciate how great you think I am, this wasn't meant to be a pissing contest (but thanks for recognizing I won), I just thought you were being a hat which one wears on their rump, and wanted to let you know that isn't what this thread is for.

wash your mouth out with soap big boy....Gree bans for that kind of talk

ohgreatitsryan
03-13-2013, 05:31 PM
wash your mouth out with soap big boy....Gree bans for that kind of talk

If you'd have kept reading, you'd also see they ban for insulting other players, or going off-topic/hijacking threads. Let's get banned together and walk off into the sunset.

skullcleaner89
03-13-2013, 06:07 PM
If you'd have kept reading, you'd also see they ban for insulting other players, or going off-topic/hijacking threads. Let's get banned together and walk off into the sunset.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_time_machine

nimby
03-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks for starting this thread - we could use some advice. We came in around 500 in
Brazil and Greenland, but in Egypt we fell to 900! We increased our WD per day by
20% over Greenland, but the factions that remained around 500 had doubled their
WD points per day. I still do not understand what went wrong and how to fix it.
By Egypt we had employed all the basic points of strategy from the orginal post -
roles, roll call, wall decisions, probes. We are 100% free players. Levels range
30-130 (most 80-105) with average 15k attack per player.
1) I use a metric for measuring participation: average the 3 highest player's scores,
then multiply that by the number of players, and use this as a maximum acheivable WD.
Divide this into the total WD we have and I always get between 45 and 55%, so I don't
think our players are getting lazier.
2) Our faction total A and D shot up by 50% between Greenland and Egypt so maybe we
are in a different league, however, I don't imagine are are special in this regard.
3) We employed a new timing strategy. We start regular wars separated by 80min,
the time it takes to fully regen health. In between the regular wars, we run "defense"
wars where we don't do any attacks (unless we have full health because just logged on, etc.),
but we can collect defensive wins (usually 2-3K WD). Is this hurting us somehow?
A couple of defense wars we converted to attack wars when we saw opponent had
no wall or level 1 wall. (We usually see level 3-7 walls.)

Any suggestions on what went wrong or what we should look at? I don't see
how we can double our WD to regain rank 500. Thanks.

ertrifo
03-14-2013, 01:04 AM
I did try to setup a pretty similar strategy in Egypt but nobody did care :)
Ah, if you don't like rules you are welcome to join my faction!

Big John
03-14-2013, 01:28 AM
Thanks for starting this thread - we could use some advice. We came in around 500 in
Brazil and Greenland, but in Egypt we fell to 900! We increased our WD per day by
20% over Greenland, but the factions that remained around 500 had doubled their
WD points per day. I still do not understand what went wrong and how to fix it.
By Egypt we had employed all the basic points of strategy from the orginal post -
roles, roll call, wall decisions, probes. We are 100% free players. Levels range
30-130 (most 80-105) with average 15k attack per player.
1) I use a metric for measuring participation: average the 3 highest player's scores,
then multiply that by the number of players, and use this as a maximum acheivable WD.
Divide this into the total WD we have and I always get between 45 and 55%, so I don't
2) Our faction total A and D shot up by 50% between Greenland and Egypt so maybe we
are in a different league, however, I don't imagine are are special in this regard.
the time it takes to fully regen health. In between the regular wars, we run "defense"
wars where we don't do any attacks (unless we have full health because just logged on, etc.),
but we can collect defensive wins (usually 2-3K WD). Is this hurting us somehow?

Any suggestions on what went wrong or what we should look at? I don't see
how we can double our WD to regain rank 500. Thanks.
The obvious answer is buy gold, it's just going to get harder for free players.

hombre
03-14-2013, 10:43 AM

good metric. will be reused ;)

this is a quiestion that still open for us aswell. but since we see alot of other factions doing the same and just hangin in there with us (nobody attacking, both factions @2-4k points after 50 mins) i think its widely used so the answer would be "no". although its not like that in all our defense wars.

Minister Timothy
03-14-2013, 11:11 AM
I am a member of C&T. And what I have seen MXZ put here is exactly what the battle went like. This game is supposed to be fun and the strategy we employ takes out all the stress and makes it just that. The thing is when you go into any kind of competition with well defined roles it makes it so much easier for all participating. Any faction can make the top whatever if they spend enough gold but the point is to want to go into the next battle not felling as if it is a burden. Where ever this thread goes I just hope that those who are struggling to improve takes heed to all that Mxz has said because it will help.

Thief
03-14-2013, 11:19 AM
I could do a whole different thread on walls...

6 players
10 players
15 players
20 players
25 players
30 players
35 players
40 players
45 players
50 players

MXZ absolutely a wonderful Begginers Guide. I will say however when i did the Math for Greenland i calculated we needed 34 members to have the costs of a lvl 10 Fort brought down to balance out. With the changes in damage to the damage done to Forts i have to assume this number dropped to closer to 20-25 members. My base was that the average member had 80k attack. If the average member only had 30-40k attack though then your numbers are probably pretty accurate.

Jhenry02
03-14-2013, 12:24 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, my boy mxz is wicked smaht.

zhenyu
03-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Does the health-regen bonus work in world domination event?

Thief
03-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Does the health-regen bonus work in world domination event?

Yes it works on the WD and the Boss events. It's one of the best upgrades to have. On top of that it actually works!

Blest@iBOB!.mw
03-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Let's get banned together and walk off into the sunset.

Priceless...

pedrombv
05-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Extreme helpful tips, thanks!:)