PDA

View Full Version : Reported my first possible hacker today

BADMARKX
03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Badmarkx (EHU) here. Been a lurker of the forum for a while. As I'm a huge fan of Modern War and team leader of 3x Top 100 (EHU), I decided to officially join the forum.

So, I've read many posts about hackers and even some forum violations about users and factions, but have not really encountered any myself until recently. I can assure you other top factions that (EHU) is hacker-free and spent real hard earned money and bleed real blood in the three battles so far. So it would really upset us if we found cheaters in the top leaderboard.

Per forum rules I will not name them and I'm only referring to a post on my wall, so this is alleged. Could certainly be a malicious post, but I reported it to GREE to investigate.

Received the following post:
"Did your faction suck this war. Then ###-###-### faction is for you. I'm on a jailbroken iDevice so I hack."

I looked up the faction in question and it doesn't appear they were in the top 1000. So no real threat yet. But (EHU) will be watching.

Dutchie
03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
We came across hackers in certain factions during Egypt. They were reported on the last day of the event and the tickets were picked up and they assured me they were tracking the hacker in these factions and would be removing them from the faction. The faction still ended up in the top 100 but at the time of the battle report they had more points than us, although in the end we finished higher than them. I am keeping my own list with all the details and if we ever meet with these factions again I will know if GREE have kept their word.

alanng
03-12-2013, 05:22 PM
What do they hack? Their stats? And how did you figure out they hack?

Dutchie
03-12-2013, 05:58 PM
One example is that they have 100s of units that are unlocked at a certain PVE level yet the player is on a level that hasn't unlocked these units such as the Orbital Hammer. How did they figure? Most are just script kiddies following instructions found on particular sites. A lot of these sites are traps, so don't get any ideas now ;)

Dudebot121256
03-12-2013, 05:59 PM
What do they hack? Their stats? And how did you figure out they hack?There are a number of ways. For example, I just got a response to my newest hacker report. The guy in question had 2 railguns which were unlocked at level 75 but the player was at least 20 levels below 75.

Ratronicus
03-12-2013, 06:56 PM
One time I PvPd a guy with 10 Milion defense. He was protecting a stas of 500M in cash so somehow he hacked his defence stats

Dudebot121256
03-12-2013, 07:00 PM
One time I PvPd a guy with 10 Milion defense. He was protecting a stas of 500M in cash so somehow he hacked his defence statsProbably defense point hacker.

Q Raider
03-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I was wrapped with the response to one found a couple of days ago.

Obvious hack due to units in play, reported and 7 minutes later when I was still sitting over their base my game crashed out (first time ever on the iPhone) and about twenty seconds later I received an email to say the report was closed.