PDA

View Full Version : Stats! For Android!

Pappy14
03-11-2013, 06:49 PM
But you guys are probably to busy complaining about short turnarounds...

Wahoooo! Finally lol

Time to start raiding for the next LE bldg, happy raiding!

ohgreatitsryan
03-11-2013, 07:10 PM
This coming out, mere hours after WD ending is the epitome of the phrase "a day late and a dollar short."

Sillybeans
03-11-2013, 07:12 PM
attacked again.. number beside the 2 people and shield become 12860?

Well the attack I'm seeing is the raw attack... while on android when we check our profile we see boosted atk... well I'm glad we have it but why can't we just see raw atk on our profile? D:

Pappy14
03-11-2013, 07:46 PM
I agree with all of u but i guess its better than nothing.

SuperSonic Chimp
03-11-2013, 08:01 PM
This coming out, mere hours after WD ending is the epitome of the phrase "a day late and a dollar short."

Since we dont have "like" buttons......+1

Ph4ntom Stranger
03-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Finally we can see the numbers! And boy those figures can swing. At least we have them. Thanks CJ/Gree, appreciate you all getting it to us.

Sillybeans I see my boosted attack figures (with the variances of course), are you sure you aren't seeing yours?

Skyser30518
03-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Hey Phantom. My attack is 12k. I did ten attacks. They ranged from 7800 to 9800. Hmmmmm.

Dudebot121256
03-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Thank you Gree. As much as it was late, it's still a great day for us android users.

Edit: Something is definitely wrong. In 4 battles on the same person (Without quitting the screen), my attack went from 7.5k to 7.9k to 8.9k back to 7.5k. My profile is listed as 8.9k so....

Sillybeans
03-12-2013, 03:52 AM
Finally we can see the numbers! And boy those figures can swing. At least we have them. Thanks CJ/Gree, appreciate you all getting it to us.

Sillybeans I see my boosted attack figures (with the variances of course), are you sure you aren't seeing yours?

when checking my profile i have 84k atk xD

Philly982
03-12-2013, 04:33 AM
I have been doing some testing in PVP with the new attacks scores showing. Android shows my boosted attack at 52 k, but iOS users in my faction have reported to me that they see my raw attack score of 44 k. Through doing many PVP attacks, my scores have ranged from 33 k to 52 k, with the boosted score that I see on my profile page being the highest I have received and much rarer than the lower scores. I have quite a few attack skill points so I am wondering if the Android stats on players profiles pages are even accurate.

Fella575
03-12-2013, 05:02 AM
My number change by 10k usually lower.
Shows 58 k in profile. When I battle it drops as low as 42 k.
Took some screen shots and sending into GREE.

Cheers
J
War Dogs
981 181 986

Ph4ntom Stranger
03-12-2013, 05:03 AM
I have been doing some testing in PVP with the new attacks scores showing. Android shows my boosted attack at 52 k, but iOS users in my faction have reported to me that they see my raw attack score of 44 k. Through doing many PVP attacks, my scores have ranged from 33 k to 52 k, with the boosted score that I see on my profile page being the highest I have received and much rarer than the lower scores. I have quite a few attack skill points so I am wondering if the Android stats on players profiles pages are even accurate.

when checking my profile i have 84k atk xD

Android's profile stats are wrong. CJ confirmed this in another thread the other day. Our profiles are inflated (by a bunch). My profile stats are 228% higher than what they really are. When the Battle for Greenland (yes Greenland-that's when we got the profile update) first started I knew they were wrong.

Taking my raw stats and adding in a conservative % for all the boosts I have (since I haven't updated my spreadsheet in a long time) the average number I see as a result of the battles I did last night are right in line to where my true boosted attack should be.

Hope this helps guys. It's great we can see our fluctuation now and can better determine what we need to. :)

Ph4ntom Stranger
03-12-2013, 05:15 AM
My number change by 10k usually lower.
Shows 58 k in profile. When I battle it drops as low as 42 k.
Took some screen shots and sending into GREE.

Cheers
J
War Dogs
981 181 986

I believe this is normal given what we know about the algorithms as McDoc explained in another thread. My numbers have swung -22% from my average # and as high as +35% above my average #. And just to quantify the #'s for ya that is -28,000 to a +63,000 for where my #'s are.

cuzen
03-12-2013, 05:45 AM
I believe this is normal given what we know about the algorithms as McDoc explained in another thread. My numbers have swung -22% from my average # and as high as +35% above my average #. And just to quantify the #'s for ya that is -28,000 to a +63,000 for where my #'s are.
It all makes my head hurt !!

stuartb
03-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Sorry in advance for the long post. I know most people don't care, but this is for those that do.

I sent in a ticket back in January, asking why the average result from the reported attacks was lower than my profile score 95% of the time and averaged 9,500 less. Should have some "boosts", right? I paid for them by upgrading air hangars, spending gold to win boost units in boss events, etc.

The reply came a month later. I was told that I should buy better units. GREE was in the middle of handling tens of thousands of complaints from Brazil, so I did not get a real answer. It may be time to try again.

I have been doing mathematical analysis for almost 40 years now. I have read the formula description(s) that appear throughout the forums, going back over a year, and I pretty much follow them. I have constructed a huge spreadsheet that shows all of my units, their strength, etc., and use it to replicate the boosted/unboosted stats that I see in the game. Not exact, but its close enough. We also have Khimsoo's Modern War app, which can do the same thing. So it is tedious but not that difficult to replicate a "ball park" estimate of what attack scores ought to be.

I began collecting attack data when the attack stats started showing up back in Nov/Dec. I have collected info on over 700 attacks. On average, the attack score that shows up when I attack someone is 9,500 points lower than the attack score that is reported in my profile. The attack score that shows up is lower than my profile score 95% of the time. I have plenty of boost units and have the boost buildings. I have put a lot of skill points towards attack/defense. So why are the actual results lower than the profile score?

Lots of reasons why the numbers come up like they do, but the most obvious one is that the boosts are not part of the actual formula being used. Could be a programming error -- those have been known to happen, right? And no one saw their actual scores until recently, so we would never have known. Until recently. Indeed, the Android people are just now starting to see the actual formula results instead of simply "YOU WIN" or "YOU LOSE" on a pop up screen.

I know there is a random component, but the random component should take you up or down equally. If my random component takes me down 95% of the time, then it is a random penalty and not a random component.

May be coincidence, but the average attack result is not statistically significantly different from my unboosted attack score. That's math-speak for "the formula result is the same as it would be if the formula used the unboosted score rather than the boosted score."

I collected data on the defense scores that pop up in the attack screen and the ones reported on the rival's profile. Those are not statistically significantly different from one another, either. The rival profile screen shows the rival's UNBOOSTED score. Unless the average boost is zero, then, the other most logical explanation is that unboosted numbers are being used in the formula that determines win-or-lose.

Trying to get an answer out of GREE when they were busy trying to fix the programming problems with factions and WD was pretty pointless, and I am glad that they were busy improving the overall game, but now that it is mostly working, maybe they could turn their attention to this seemingly incongruent relationship between the actual attack scores and the profile attack scores.

Ph4ntom Stranger
03-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Wow Stuartb if you have logged that many attacks and it always goes down, then something doesn't sound quite right there. Hopefully they can really take a look at yours this time around.

laforge27
03-12-2013, 10:37 AM
I still can't see stats on my Android. Using Samsung Galaxy S2.

319-789-065. Level 72, 30k attack, 47k defense. All ally requests accepted.

Some Random Clown
03-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Thank you Stuartb. That goes right along with what I've been tracking for a while but not quite as methodical as you have. My numbers are consistently lower and I almost never pull higher numbers. I may not notice as much cause I won.

I’ve been sort of playing it like a bad golfer who lines up a shot more to the right when I know I tend to hook to the left a lot. (yeah I’m a lefty) So I have gotten in the habit of only lining up raids and attacks on people a certain range lower than my attack number. I’m compensating for the shot to go a bit low before I take it. If I hit a person whose number is above that line but still below my posted attack I know I’ve got a higher chance of blowing the shot. I’ve also found that certain boost units seem to really work (I give the Fang missiles from Brazil a thumbs up for boosting) and others don’t but I’ve got no hard numbers to back that up with yet.

Any thought on the quality(not quantity) of your allies playing into it? I remember an old post where someone said something along those lines.

stuartb
03-12-2013, 11:58 AM
I think you may be right about some of the boosts on the new stuff actually working. I was running some stats today, and my "actual average" is now slightly higher than my unboosted average (but still 10,000 less than my profile average). Maybe that Fang boost does actually work.

I think the Composite actually works to boost defense scores, too. The times I have noticed that an opponent had one, the average defense stats seemed to be higher than the profile stats, but I did not keep enough detailed records of who had one and who did not.

Interesting conjecture about the effect of the allies. There is something screwy about the rivals list, where your allies show up on it, and I wonder if that might bleed over somehow.

Ph4ntom Stranger
03-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Allies popping up on your rivals list used to mean your ally list was corrupted. But CJ informed us that they opened up the rival lists that include allies because of the factions (If an ally was in a rival faction you would not be able to attack them sort of thing).

The quality of your allies is moot. Whether it's a grunt or a real person the only thing that ally is gonna do for you (assuming you are under 500 allies) is bring 4 more of your own units into battle.

krabbie
03-13-2013, 05:23 AM
Besides the attack and defence numbers changing all the time, i also see another problem on my android device. When i make spread sheets of all the members of my faction, there always are a lot of members with exactly the same attack and defence scores... must be a problem on Android to!

Ph4ntom Stranger
03-13-2013, 05:31 AM
Besides the attack and defence numbers changing all the time, i also see another problem on my android device. When i make spread sheets of all the members of my faction, there always are a lot of members with exactly the same attack and defence scores... must be a problem on Android to!

The attack/defense changing on the battle result screen is normal. The profile stats on android devices are wrong so you don't want to use those figures currently.

Fella575
03-13-2013, 06:46 AM
Wow..great info guys! Now if GREE would read it Android would rule the world! Or maybe Apple has taken over GREE and is strong arming android users to switch to IOS?? Hmmm

:)
Cheers
J

WarDynasty
03-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Thank you GREE! I'v noticed 'forced close' incidents have dropped a good amount, especially after attacking.

Fella575
03-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Another android glitch.

I visited several allies to confirm.

When I travel to an allies base and check their profile they are listed as a faction member with all the bonuses. I double checked very low level allies Alison since our faction ( war dogs 981 181 986) only has players over level 100.

Just an fyi

Sent a email to GREE

Cheers

J