PDA

View Full Version : CHINA - TOO Soon! Really Gree!

Mcdoc
03-11-2013, 04:09 PM
WE have asked for 6 weeks between events to give our factions time to recoup - reorganize - save up our allowance for gold - really? 3 Weeks?

helli0n
03-11-2013, 04:12 PM
its less than 18 days

ChrisOTS
03-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Come on guys have a heart, why should the guys at GREE have to wait 6 weeks for new Lamborghinis? They will be bored of their Ferrari's way before 6 weeks is up.

James_mac
03-11-2013, 04:29 PM
I agree McDoc, it's too soon!! It should be at least 4 weeks between events!!! These event aren't cheap if you want to stay near the top!!

kylekrol
03-11-2013, 04:35 PM
atleast give us 30 days to regroup quit being so greedy Gree.

ohgreatitsryan
03-11-2013, 04:36 PM
At least wait to start the countdown until the current event ends! That's my favorite part.

Baller
03-11-2013, 04:39 PM
They want us to spend, spend, spend..

Baraka
03-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Totaly agree its a joke. All about the money for them.

Vballmadam
03-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Do you realize this is Easter weekend? Please change the date.

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Will not be participating if this is the case

Sgt Z 0311
03-11-2013, 04:47 PM

No, they are going to wait until just before the event starts, and then extend the event by two days because they will realize after the fact that it is a holiday.

Bolognium
03-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Wait, Easter is on a Sunday this year?

rageshot911
03-11-2013, 04:59 PM
One battle per MONTH Gree, please.

Felicity
03-11-2013, 04:59 PM

I second this request.

Ragmondino
03-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Agree. The Egypt was to soon to Greenland and the next one is way to close as well. You will serve to caus e players to have burnout. You need to think of your player base and at least try to keep them happy.
Thing is the points each event keep raising. So the spending is obviously goin up. Until that stops it'll end up every weekend.

Kudu22
03-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Way too soon...but maybe they don't celebrate Easter at Gree or in Japan. If the cow keeps giving milk keep going until it falls over dead from not being feed then sell it as kobi beef. That is there business model.

mxz
03-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Do you realize this is Easter weekend? Please change the date.Godless heathens, they are.

Poopenshire
03-11-2013, 05:28 PM
This player is plum tuckered out. Might suggest all top 10 teams.boycott.this event. Lets put our differences aside for our benefit.

Ranger4Life
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that the CA Gree office will be closed on that Friday so that will only leave them part of that Monday to have staff available.

Well played Gree... Well played!

ohgreatitsryan
03-11-2013, 05:47 PM
I wonder if they will catch up on tickets from greenland and brazil before china starts?

Sabo
03-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Not during Easter weekend please! This is a real problem and quite insensitive!

Gambit12
03-11-2013, 05:51 PM

Gree is a japanese game & they don't believe in Easter weekend...

Major Silverback
03-11-2013, 05:56 PM
They'll burn peeps out at this rate.

General Maximus
03-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Seriously Gree? 17 days away?

And on a major world wide holiday weekend!?

Way to go easy on your employees and customers that weekend!

Hondo
03-11-2013, 06:06 PM
This player is plum tuckered out. Might suggest all top 10 teams.boycott.this event. Lets put our differences aside for our benefit.

I would like to see this discussed further.

mxz
03-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Gree is a japanese game & they don't believe in Easter weekend...March 31st, however, is César Chávez Day, a State Holiday in the state of California. They seem to try to schedule these things for holiday weekends when they won't be working or when they know a major technical issue will rear it's ugly head (1 mistake is an oops, 2 are a problem, after that it's a bad habit). Can't wait for the Thanksgiving and Christmas battles. :confused: :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/César_Chávez_Day

Grand Overlord
03-11-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm burnt out. Good luck everyone.

ertrifo
03-11-2013, 06:48 PM
We will have to skip this one, not enough concrete blocks! :)

puffypete
03-11-2013, 07:41 PM
GREE probably puts the events on during holiday weekends because a majority of people have it off so that means more people participating and spending money. But yes, 18 days is much too soon. Can't even take a breath and regroup.

FromAfar
03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
The prize level tweaks seem to really have brought out the goodies too. Their making money.

Does violate the GREE, 1 contest per month rule. What would you expect?

FromAfar
03-11-2013, 07:46 PM
One other thought. When does euro/DST change? Is that the weekend?

Freddiefree1
03-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Freddie1 had a post here...the Nazis cowards came in the middle of the
Night and took it out...how long will we let this go on?

Commander Ghost
03-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Sounds like a bunch of morons work at Gree.

MattThomas08
03-11-2013, 07:58 PM
I really am burnt out on these. I like the faction idea a lot an makes the game more fun, but I've considered quitting several times because of the unnecessary stress. Too close and too much at once. Probably going to drop down to just one of the Gree games. Already too much stress in life as it is.

solo.modernwar
03-11-2013, 08:01 PM
While I agree that a four to six week turnaround for the major WD events is better suited for players in general, the fact of the matter is, this is a huge revenue generating cash cow for Gree.

If I were a Gree senior executive, I would terminate the employment of any staff member that wasn't producing script that called for these events to occur every 14-21 days. It's a sheer no-brainer and the perfect financial business model for how to maximize profits in an industry that can feasibly have no limit, as long as the programmers have the minimum skill set and a reasonable level of imagination. Will a general boycott hurt make an impact to profits? No. Where one will step aside, another will take their place. Plain and simple.

So with that, cheers, folks! Remember to enjoy the game!

Elastic Earl
03-11-2013, 08:17 PM
These events have exceeded my expectations. What a great amount of fun!

After the first event I applauded the developers but warned about the length and pace.

I am not addicted enough that I won't stop. Take heed from your customers...

Milspec1
03-11-2013, 09:04 PM
really simple just say no.. just don't participate AT ALL, it will send a message

CaptAmerica
03-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Come on Gree.. I realize not all your customers are Christians and I respect that but please do not schedule this over an Internationally recognized holiday such as Easter weekend.. that is a sure way to lose business, $$$ Money... Dollars. You guys understand Cha Ching! There will be very little participation during Easter morning services. Your greed is making players choose to sacrifice family time and religious beliefs in order to participate in your trivial events... You will lose that battle Gree! I will be in church and spending the day with family.

whiskeybravo
03-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Agree again McDoc. Although I am not surprised. They didn't listen and scheduled Egypt to soon. It's obvious they don't care about their player base. But I guess as long as the top 25 or so teams(especially top 5) continue to spend they will continue to churn these out.

Hoodlum(LPH)
03-11-2013, 09:38 PM
If they don't change the date then I agree we all don't participate. Let's try to get their attention before that happens though haha.

Everson25
03-11-2013, 09:41 PM
This player is plum tuckered out. Might suggest all top 10 teams.boycott.this event. Lets put our differences aside for our benefit.hey Poopenshire! That's a great suggestion for all top teams so I'm just making sure we spread the word. The reasons were said already. It's too soon! It's Easter weekend! Gives us at least a month. Those events don't come cheap. Otherwise, Let's Boycott!

Which teams are up to a Boycott?

xVeng3anc3
03-11-2013, 10:13 PM
They should have 1 event per month, lets say 30 days. 2 days of rest, 4 6 day events (24+2 days.), then a 3 or maybe even 4 day battle for wherever.

PIRATE JUSTICE
03-11-2013, 11:22 PM
We all have the freedom to choose.

Easter and Good Friday are two of the holiest days in all of Christiandom.

You don't have to broadcast your decision.

Just do that which pleases you.

Dudebot121256
03-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Imagine if every single faction didn't play. What a day that'd be.

JayMiller
03-11-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm part of a top 250 and we are voting on whether or not to take a break and not play China. We are getting battle fatigue. It's no longer enjoyable. We should be looking forward to events but when i saw how soon China was i sighed in disappointment, then i noticed it's the holiday weekend. Like a good faction we need to work together, lets all top 500 teams take a break from China, we deserve a relaxed holiday weekend focusing on our families.

It's all a dream
03-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Totally agree Mcdoc. This is stupid.
With KA and CC we will have a faction battle every weekend if this keeps up.

Gree keep your promises, one battle a month. This will be the second in march. 4 weeks is minimum, 6 weeks is better.
Im a free player, but many spend gold. Remember people need to work for their money to spend it on your game.

If this keep families will have problems, remember divorces cost money, read less money for Gree.

Make it 48 hours as well, thats what we want!

Devin
03-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Without saying if I do or do not like the pace of events, everyone who is burned out/cash strapped/etc does have a pretty fundamental ability. You do have the freedom to not participate in every event. I don't blame gree at all... I'd do the same likely. I find it interesting that the 2 options people are considering is 100% attendance or full protest/boycott.

While being in a faction complicates it with more people, you do have personal choice.

Interestingly, the rate of events does shake up the game a bit. It's a little like the legal technique of burying your opponent with paperwork. If you hit the player base with too many events, people have to pick and chose the battles they want to win, and those they are prepared to walk away from. we might see some variety to who's playing and who isn't in each event...Instead of the identical leader board event after event.

As has been written in the forum so many times already, "this is a war game". Last I checked, war didn't mean winning or even engaging in every battle. It meant picking strategically, prioritizing, and winning those you need to win.

I can't keep up with the pace myself, but I'm not holding myself to a standard where I need to do 100% or else I'm getting mad at gree and threatening consequences.

Kode
03-11-2013, 11:58 PM
While I would agree its to soon, you keep spending the money there is no reason for them to change.

qqqq
03-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Gree is probably pushing 1st quarter earnings IMHO

SevenO9
03-12-2013, 12:44 AM
With every event so far the total WD points and therefore revenue from gold sales went up. As long as this continues they have no reason to have fewer events.

It is us and us only who can make the change.

Trebor
03-12-2013, 01:12 AM
With every event so far the total WD points and therefore revenue from gold sales went up. As long as this continues they have no reason to have fewer events.

It is us and us only who can make the change.

I predict higher numbers for china. Everyone wants what PUN has. The top spot !!!

Mcdoc
03-12-2013, 01:41 AM
We already think Gree doesn't own a calendar - because EVERY single EVENT has had some excuse as to why there were issues. EASTER Weekend - Really ? Now you're going to get Bill O'Riely on your case - LoL

But seriously - this really IS a kick in the junk!

Are you taunting us to see if we REALLY will step out on an event?

This is really cruel - like pouring baking soda all over the bathroom counters at a Narcotics Anonymous Convention just to see who will snort it.

Deano
03-12-2013, 02:01 AM

I agree with Poopenshire, the people with the power to change things are those in the top 10 or 20 factions. GREE will start listening when their revenue plummets.

HGF69
03-12-2013, 02:12 AM
I've never seen a company that is so blinds to its customers feedback. We are only asking for a couple of weeks more, its not like people won't spend gold on mini events in between but it will start affecting people and they will lose customers.

Gree, PLEASE listen to your paying customers, 2 weeks extra and 1 event a month will still keep your pockets lined with plenty of cash.

I am a cow
03-12-2013, 02:24 AM
WTF GREE you guys are just GREEdy you say a month... sure a month is fine then you start Egypt after 2 weeks and then you start China in 3 weeks. You guys suck! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

MadFox
03-12-2013, 02:38 AM
I am looking forward to Christmas eve special events...lol.
Well fun aside...
This starts getting ugly.
GREE doesn't seem to listen to the customer...
GREE doesn't even seem to know WHO their customers actually are...

GREE please read the following:
This game requires to spend real money in some cases, you made it this way and this is OK.
Now guess who is able to spend real money... School kids? Teens? Who like to get rid of their family on special holidays?
Most of the people who play this game are grown ups with family, friends an a job. The jobs makes the money coming in for us and YOU dear GREE inc..
Now guess what happens if the family and friends get annoyed of a player who seems to be glued on his iPad or whatever device... Ever thought about it? I answer this for you...NO you didn't.
We already lost one faction member because of family and time issues... No cash from this guy anymore...
With the timeline we are facing GREE should calculate the following risk: more and more active players will quit this game or suspend gold spendings. Imagine you are loosing about half of the cash rolling in from this game...what will happen...less support, less updates, less events, less players. Finally this game will die like most other games. Well sure, you can just develop a new game, that is easy for you. ONE MORE THING you should watch out for:
If more and more players leave this game because of the growing unhappiness they possibly won't spend money on other GREE games...

Now a clever minded surely will say:
It's your own choice...
Enjoy life when YOU want... No one asks you to spend cash on virtual gold
Everybody is free not to participate in the events.
Everybody is free to quit this game.
Everybody is free to even BOYCOTT GREE.
Everybody is free to enjoy families and friends instead of staring on a screen and tapping buttons.
Everybody is free to spend or save her/his money the way they want.

Again...GREE if no one has implemented a CRM system in your company...DO IT NOW.
Making people happy people spending real cash is MUCH EASIER than grabbing the cash out of unhappy peoples hands...

Greetings
MadFox

collage
03-12-2013, 03:00 AM
yes would prefer a longer break in between

Dcarrington
03-12-2013, 03:55 AM
Yes this is way to soon, a lot in our group have jobs and families and can not dedicate the time to really enjoy the game, not to count the fact that people will lose interest this way I know I want be spending a dime which realisticly is more like $250 this war nor the time and I will campaign for us as a group to sit this one out!

krabbie
03-12-2013, 04:15 AM
I know I will propably get a lot of reactions for this, but the events are loads of fun for non-gold spending factions and i don't really mind the short period of time in between. For us it's 'just a game' that we love to play. I understand that it's no fun if you're a lot of money to win the events and get pushed to spend more and more, but isn't that a sign that you should stop spending so much money on it?

I know it will never happen, but wouldn't it be very interesting to see the results when nobody invests any gold in the battle for China?!

Kot
03-12-2013, 04:18 AM
I know I will propably get a lot of reactions for this, but the events are loads of fun for non-gold spending factions and i don't really mind the short period of time in between. For us it's 'just a game' that we love to play. I understand that it's no fun if you're a lot of money to win the events and get pushed to spend more and more, but isn't that a sign that you should stop spending so much money on it?

I know it will never happen, but wouldn't it be very interesting to see the results when nobody invests any gold in the battle for China?!

its not only the gold spending that its the problem, but all the time you have to use on the game

krabbie
03-12-2013, 04:29 AM
its not only the gold spending that its the problem, but all the time you have to use on the game

If you play it smart and set up a good timetable, you don't have to spend so much time :) that at least goes for the non gold spending factions

GuyInLobsterSuit
03-12-2013, 04:38 AM
GREE stated monthly events.
These haven't been monthly events.
GREE please implement monthly events.

Col C Smythe
03-12-2013, 04:43 AM
It also happens to be DST time change for Europe.......

Bad timing folks........

Mcdoc
03-12-2013, 04:55 AM
The MORE I think of this upcoming event being during Good Friday and on Easter - the more I am getting pissed about it. Whether or not people are practicing Christianity or not - Easter is one of the MOST celebrated Holidays - and I am now insulted that Gree would not take this important Religious holiday into consideration.

I don't think Gree would run an event on Christmas Eve - Christmas Day - and yet to MANY - Easter weekend & Good Friday are just as important if not more than Christmas & Thanksgiving.

I really think you guys need to reconsider this one.

Now I know I already got the long PM about how hard it is to push dates back once they have been set - etc - etc -etc - but YOU guys are looking at schedules for all of GREE Games - which I would offer up that the Hard Core MW Gold Spenders could care less what happened in CC or KA or any other game over the past 4 days - although many of us have those games installed and enjoy them - I personally only play KA & CC when I am finished with MW and am waiting for Energy or Stamina to refill or buildings to pop open for collection.

I certainly would not take any money I was planning to use to build up my MW character to go do an event in CC or KA. However, I do put the occasional Vault in KA or CC - But IF MW gets me SO angry that I am ready to boycott - I will most likely delete ALL Gree games and take up a real life hobby that involves fresh air and more human interaction / physical activity.

There is some Billion Dollar customer feedback in this thread that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Baraka
03-12-2013, 04:59 AM
The MORE I think of this upcoming event being during Good Friday and on Easter - the more I am getting pissed about it. Whether or not people are practicing Christianity or not - Easter is one of the MOST celebrated Holidays - and I am now insulted that Gree would not take this important Religious holiday into consideration.

I don't think Gree would run an event on Christmas Eve - Christmas Day - and yet to MANY - Easter weekend & Good Friday are just as important if not more than Christmas & Thanksgiving.

Now I know I already got the long PM about how hard it is to push dates back once they have been set - etc - etc -etc - but YOU guys are looking at schedules for all of GREE Games - which I would offer up that the Hard Core MW Gold Spenders could care less what happened in CC or KA or any other game over the past 4 days - although many of us have those games installed and enjoy them - I personally only play KA & CC when I am finished with MW and am waiting for Energy or Stamina to refill or buildings to pop open for collection.

I certainly would not take any money I was planning to use to build up my MW character to go do an event in CC or KA. However, I do put the occasional Vault in KA or CC - But IF MW gets me SO angry that I am ready to boycott - I will most likely delete ALL Gree games and take up a real life hobby that involves fresh air and more human interaction / physical activity.

There is some Billion Dollar customer feedback in this thread that shouldn't be take lightly.

Couldn't of said it better, to do it on a religious occasion that so many celebrate is a joke.

Mcdoc
03-12-2013, 05:02 AM
We would respect you A LOT more if you came out and said you overlooked that it was such an important family holiday time and pushed it back by two weeks.

HINT: A lot of people get Paid on the 15th of the month.

It is much easier to let go of $79 (multiple times) during a Gold Sale when your bank account is fluffy from getting paid than on the day before Rent / Mortgage / Bills are due and hanging over your head.

SGT Rud
03-12-2013, 05:34 AM
The best you could could do it is add in a PvP and push the dates of B4C. You could also throw in a china themed cease fire long enough to push the B4C to the following weekend. The cease fire doesn't mean no game play, just that there is no event sceduled, and the no event is named.

Dynasty Chest Event 03.12-03.18
Emperor Xhao 03.18-03.24
Locking Down Resources 03.23-03.28
Year of the Rat Cease Fire 03.29-04.01
PvP Tournament 04.01-04.04
Battle for China 04.05-04.08

This would work great. It opens Easter for everyone to spend with their families, and pushes China back another week.

MadFox
03-12-2013, 05:39 AM

There is some Billion Dollar customer feedback in this thread that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Signing this...!

1) I believe that GREE will listen closely to the statements given in various threads.
2) And I believe that GREE will change things to satisfy its customers.
3) I also believe that GREE has the intention to push quarter sales. Which I do understand.

BUT I believe if 1) or 2) doesn't get handled by GREE... They might be a problem for future activity in this game and in other GREE Games...

Topic1961
03-12-2013, 05:47 AM
World Domination Events are to soon after each other

I totally agree with your view on this and have sent Gree an email on the subject. I am fed up at Grees greed and wish they would listen - its ridiculous to put these events within a calendar month of each other - its alright if you're a bored millionaire but most of us
have to work! Gree please listen.

mistergreen
03-12-2013, 06:03 AM
They create a feedback thread as if they care what the users want. What a crock. Every single person posted that they want more time between wars. The customer isn't always right in Gree(d) land. SMH

KH_BG_SPARTAN
03-12-2013, 06:03 AM
I was sure in the beginning before the Battle of Britain gree advertised.. There was goin to be 1 war per month, this acceleration of wars is exhausting for the player and their armies, there's no time to recover your troops between all the events leading up to war and maintaining factions and base upgrades etc..!!

mistergreen
03-12-2013, 06:05 AM
1) I believe that GREE will listen closely to the statements given in various threads.
2) And I believe that GREE will change things to satisfy its customers.

I feel bad for anyone who truly believes this.

Newguy
03-12-2013, 06:10 AM
As long as people spend money for the events they will keep having them this quick.

Ssne
03-12-2013, 06:16 AM
Agree 100%. This is way way too soon and on Easter weekend is just another show of total disrespect to their customers. At some point customers who are taken advantage of and not given good value for their money (not to mention not given good customer service) will walk - every business model in the history of the world demonstrates this.

Some Random Clown
03-12-2013, 06:30 AM
8 pages of hate mail and growing by the second! Very impressive attack folks.

STUPID move on Gree. Yes its a big deal holiday weekend, its european time change weekend, and its less than a month since the last fight.
They dont listen cause its just money to them.

Agent Orange
03-12-2013, 06:39 AM
There is a very simple solution, don't participate. As it is we all moan and complain yet the lemmings in the group go out and do the opposite. So as long as there are those willing to spend their butts off don't expect any changes.

Agent Orange
03-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Agree 100%. This is way way too soon and on Easter weekend is just another show of total disrespect to their customers. At some point customers who are taken advantage of and not given good value for their money (not to mention not given good customer service) will walk - every business model in the history of the world demonstrates this.

No there is logic to this now they can extend the event an extra day with the excuse that there was a holiday.

Jannski
03-12-2013, 06:44 AM
I am so with you on this one McDoc. I'm a very light gold spender, who was considering getting into gold playing a bit more. My big decision was is this where I want to spend some of my entertainment cash or not. I mean there are a lot of choices out there.

My family has 3 big holidays a year that are super important not to miss family days. I'm positive we're not alone on this... Thanksgiving, Christmas (that's Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) and Easter.

I get this is not that important to Gree as I have played mostly free. ...and if it were just something only I had scheduled I'd just sigh and say, oh well, can't do this event and hope for better timing on the next one. What gets me is this is definitely not just me impacted here. The lack of respect of such a large group of people they showed in scheduling this event made my decision for me on whether I'll get into pay to play. I definitely will not. My entertainment dollars will go elsewhere. ...and I definitely will not be buying any more gold than i already have. Between the lack of respect and the terrible game performance on Android devices (not to mention the disadvantage of not seeing defense numbers like iOS can during the war.)... I can tell this will be one I play until I'm just too bored with it and just walk away. That's a no brainer for me since I've invested less than $50 so far. Easy to walk away from it.

Kot
03-12-2013, 06:48 AM
If you play it smart and set up a good timetable, you don't have to spend so much time :) that at least goes for the non gold spending factions

LOL. if you dont use gold at all you need to be online all the time , every one in your faction needs to be if you are going for top 100 +

ohwhatafinish
03-12-2013, 07:58 AM
I would like to see a compromise at the top. To stop this WD event becoming every 2 weeks you need to make a decision. The buying power is pretty much set out. Pun, ferrs, super in that order so why do you need to score almost 95 million I mean you guys could club together buy yourselves a Ferrari and go stock car racing with it once a month it's ridiculous. The pun almost 11 million clear, give your money to a war veterans charity for Christ sake you don't need to win by that much. A full boycott doesn't work that failed miserably, you will get groups of factions skipping an event but its the guys at the top that hold the purse strings here not GREE so put the ball back in your court, you must have been in conversations with each other towards the end of Egypt as your points totals were not moving. Come on pj and ferr do it for the rest of us.

LagBolt
03-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Words might mean nothing to gree, but a bad bottom line will make change come. Why should gree change anything if everyone keeps spending. talk to them in their language, money

Xjarhead
03-12-2013, 08:03 AM
WE have asked for 6 weeks between events to give our factions time to recoup - reorganize - save up our allowance for gold - really? 3 Weeks?
Agreed, it would of even been nice to see a "TBD" next to Battle for China, at least give us hope your at least working out bugs.......

Giedrybe
03-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Ohwhatafinish, I completely agree that it is actually players who made Gree to make this event not every 4 weeks, but every ~20 days. Look at the results of all 3 WD event in a row. The shorter the gap between the events, the more WD points are scored = more $ spent.

Do we need to name those factions? Actually yes - it is not only top3 or top10 with quite crazy amount of gold, the list is actually much longer. Look at the mirror - we like to be competitive and successful, right? Well, Gree also likes to be profitable, this is normal as well.

Saying this, I also want to say it is a big mistake to schedule this on THAT weekend. It is not just about being "too soon". Gree has violated some cultural and religion bounds. Being GREE manager, I would immediately say big "WE ARE SORRY" for bad planning. I would recognize it is too much risk to keep this as it is planned now. Let's see - all outcomes are possible and I would not be suprised either way Gree does it.

Herewith I can also say that as a faction (Ranger's LLP's) we will definitely have a faction poll for it. As a faction leader, reading our external chat room, I can presume we are changing our standards if event will be on currently planned date.

We won't boycott event as it makes no sense, but one of options (will vote for it) is to take it easy and implement "no initial target / gold free" tactics to see where we end with it.

Again, we do want longer break between events, but we do understand that Gree employees need salaries as well. No problems with that. You can do it every week if you want, but of course we will see no fun in it. Gree has commercial managers who run the business and I have no will to teach them. Just don't mess with religion/culture/family - you will loose that battle Gree.

Regarding forum members - I am sure it would be enough if top3 factions give a clear sign to Gree, if they are willing to do it. There is no need and no chance that topXXX will agree on something.

CJ, it is a real pity that your company constantly puts you in such situations. You really do not deserve this (and thank you for everything, really) and we also do not deserve to be the ones who always complains with solid reasons.

Some Random Clown
03-12-2013, 08:44 AM
LOL. if you dont use gold at all you need to be online all the time , every one in your faction needs to be if you are going for top 100 +

Your going to need a much bigger faction and many bonuses to get top 100 without gold. we got 28 members and ran on a non-stop schedule pretty much in Egypt with no gold users and couldnt hold on to 500.

MadFox
03-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Yes they are good at what they do...the games are good the concepts are good.
And this time they can show that are also good in saying sorry.
Hey GREE, shares are looking good...The financial results were good too it seems. Take the delay of the China campaign as a dividend to you beloved MW players :)

Kot
03-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Your going to need a much bigger faction and many bonuses to get top 100 without gold. we got 28 members and ran on a non-stop schedule pretty much in Egypt with no gold users and couldnt hold on to 500.

Many factions got alot more members then 28. And will get points when weaker aponents fail to attack them

Acidist
03-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Hey Guys!
I am with u.I find it not fair.They shouls give more time for the events.5-6 weeks would be ok.
Gree should make more events, but not so.2-3 Events and hurra the domination is here.

spitfire
03-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Agreed, it would of even been nice to see a "TBD" next to Battle for China, at least give us hope your at least working out bugs.......

Best post on the forums in the last 24 hours. Seriously GREE, work out android glitches and then announce an event. Cant continue expecting us to play while there are so many bugs in the game.

mxz
03-12-2013, 11:12 AM
If its that hard to move events once dates are set...maybe we should help them out with major holiday weekends to avoid.

I sent in a support ticket to preemptively ask for no WD events to be scheduled July 4th and Thanksgiving weekends. Can't hurt, right? :shrugs:

Mcdoc
03-12-2013, 03:08 PM
I just have to wonder why there is no response - the silence is deafening.

Baraka
03-12-2013, 03:11 PM
I just have to wonder why there is no response - the silence is deafening.did you really expect one lol.

Mcdoc
03-12-2013, 03:25 PM
A man can dream can't he ?

Dutchie
03-12-2013, 03:28 PM
I just have to wonder why there is no response - the silence is deafening.CJ is on a week's holiday and back on the 20th which is why there is silence.

Bob_55
03-12-2013, 03:49 PM
I just bought a Vault of Vaseline, where's the place I can put it.

Selfproclaimed
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Since its going to be early, they should offer the 40% sale for 1 day.

SlashRacer
03-12-2013, 06:36 PM
These battles are to close together and consume to much time. I had a faction with 42 members that I gave away yesterday. I had a guild with 36 members in KA and gave it away today.

I have a normal life away from my phone. If GREE has this event over Easter weekend, I am done and will delete all of their apps.

Alo
03-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Is once a month, no holidays or daylight savings weekend really that difficult?

Get it together Gree...

yeah, its too much. Its good to schedule one event in US daylight saving time and then take down servers during that event. And then next time to same crap and double wrongs. One is holiday weekend, second is that its Europes daylight saving time ;) oh the errors, oh the support tickets they are gonna get. But I must admit, they already got to greenlands tickets, so not so far behind :D

Big John
03-13-2013, 09:05 AM
No one in Europe can complain, an hour's less playing.

Alo
03-13-2013, 09:26 AM
No one in Europe can complain, an hour's less playing.

well I had an hour less play even in this event. Mine was saying over while others in my faction where still fighting. My ipad said it was over, my android had 1 hour to go :(

and its daylight saving, I doubt it will be error free, mostly no playing at all :D

StevieBoy
03-13-2013, 11:41 AM
I agree McDoc, it's too soon!! It should be at least 4 weeks between events!!! These event aren't cheap if you want to stay near the top!!

Then don't be so d@ mn stupid with your money dude...if your mama found out, she'd slap you silly!!

P4TR1C14N
03-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Funny... Ppl keep complaining and still they keep playing and spending... Dont blame gree, they do what their statistics tell them to do.

spectra
03-13-2013, 12:56 PM
People keep complaining that BfC is too soon, they want more time blah, blah, blah, blah

because when the time of the events comes in 18 days, WE will all jump and do as we always have done in the prior events, that is the REASON GREEd DO NOT CARE ABOUT OUR IN FORUM COMPLAINS, because all they see is a bunch of players VENTING and BLUFFING

until we actually STOP and do not participate in the event, then PARHAPS GREEd will do something, in the mean time they know that on the 18, they will get TONS OF REAL CASH from the gold spenders

Sugarymama
03-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Yup@Spectra....Gree ain't changin' nothing. I'm starting to think they read the forums and have a good laugh...I will admit that I do most of the time.;)

McDoc, good thread. Now you see why I wanted to sit out Egypt? I thought that was some BS right there.

While the event unfortunately falls during a holiday, (and ironically starts on Good Friday) in my opinion it's less about the holiday and more about the fact that player satisfaction is obviously not high on the priority list for Gree. No matter how much players complain, suggest, whine, b#%&h, moan, gripe, they are going to do exactly what they want to do. It was made loud and clear by nearly everyone who posts in the forum that the events should be held no more often than once per month, and look what happened. Bottom line: they are a corporation. Period. And a powerful one at that. They could announce today that there is an event that starts tomorrow, and most players would be chomping at the bit, trying to win.

Let's be real; nobody who is in a faction, and a good-performing faction at that, is going to sit out any event entirely because they don't want to miss out on the opportunity to "win" units they have worked so hard for (translation: spent so much money on). Even we decided to "go easy" during Egypt.

Now with player satisfaction at what seems to be an all-time low, I'm curious to see what Gree will (not) do to address it. But I'm even more curious to see what players will do. I'm betting the same thing they always do.

JMC
03-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Unless GREE skips out on a bunch of countries they have over a hundred more of these events to get through. At the current pace these events will still last for 5+ years.

Everyone complains and whines and threatens to boycott but not many keep their word. Along the way a few have quit the game, but the majority have continued to play and just spend more and more. People try to threaten GREE by saying they're going to drive away their players if they continue on their path. People have said that for years and yet almost all of you are still here. I'd also like to add that a whole bunch of you who used to be free or light gold spenders can now be called heavy gold spenders by the standards of half a year ago.

Lets say the top 10 factions bring in 175,000,000 WD events alone. Majority of these hits happen with the wall down so lets say 250 points per hit on average. That puts the top 10 at 700000 hits AKA 175000 refills AKA 4,375,000 gold AKA 2917 vaults AKA $291,700 revenue.

Factor in gold bonus program and that number is still probably in the $200,000+ range just for the top 10 factions. GREE is making good money, and regardless of the complaints it is still coming in. If there is a problem with the event they will fix it, but they will not reduce the frequency. They could start up an event next week and many of you would still spend the same amount if the funds are available. GREE is not forcing you guys to do anything, all are willingly doing it.

There are 3 logical choices.
1) Keep spending and stop complaining.
2) Lessen or stop spending and play at your own pace.
3) Quit the game.

MadFox
03-14-2013, 03:45 AM
This thread dropped down too far on the list of threads... Seems that he needs a little push.
I wish that he stays on top until the day Mr. CJ finishes his holidays ;)
I am yearning for an answer from the officials.

Milspec1
03-14-2013, 07:04 AM
REALLY simple if you don't like it, if you think GREE IS GREEDY and they don't care what we say or think and take our money for granted then DON"T PLAY THE EVENT!!! Nothing will send a message unless you do this, they could care less what we say here.

XxGNUTxX
03-14-2013, 08:07 AM

I agree with Poopenshire

wwwmaverick
03-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Gree, Easter weekend obviously doesn't work for anybody. Many are not going to be able to play unless we want a divorce.

ohgreatitsryan
03-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Gree, Easter weekend obviously doesn't work for anybody. Many are not going to be able to play unless we want a divorce.
Maverick, that's true, but it doesn't matter if you or I, or anyone outside of PUN, Ferr or the top 5/10 play. Everyone else's total gold expenditures is less than their's, that's why it doesn't matter how much we complain or boycott, or what have you. As long as they play, it won't hurt gree's bottom line. Effectively, if you aren't a part of one of the super factions, you don't matter.

Snigel
03-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Pepper pointed this out to me the other night as soon as the BfC dates were announced.

With three games using the same basic model Gree could be preparing to have battles every weekend rotating through the games on a set cycle.

Now doesn't that sound like a fun way to spend your free time?

Dutchie
03-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Pepper pointed this out to me the other night as soon as the BfC dates were announced.

With three games using the same basic model Gree could be preparing to have battles every weekend rotating through the games on a set cycle.

Now doesn't that sound like a fun way to spend your free time?

Welcome to the forum Snigel! Thanks for the other day, by the way! It is getting a little too much to be honest but we are the masters of our own destiny and we can make our choices if GREE are not willing to make the changes.

rce
03-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Greed just wants to milk us until were spent. No chance to recover and regroup. Just gimmie, gimmie, gimmie from greed. People can only take so much...

MadFox
03-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Hey all stop complaining...we just got our little reparation: 100 shiny gold bars (the virtual ones to buy pixels with)...
Everything is good now....imagine all the good things you can do with 100 gold bars...
-Try to open the tenth chest.... only getting bull**** out but not the damn 10th bow.
-buy 3 additional scratchers and you still got 10gold left
So many possibilities....
I love GREE

Please make weakly events....
Who needs a family...I am about to sell my house to compete with the big guys here...

CaptAmerica
03-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Modern War Players,

The Elite New Gunners faction stands united on honoring a boycott on the "Battle for China" event as CURRENTLY scheduled. If the schedule remains the weekend of March 29th to April 1st, the ENG faction has unanimously chosen to NOT participate in any battles. If your faction decides to participate, enjoy the battles WITHOUT ENG. We won't be pressing the "Declare War" button.. We will be spending Easter weekend with our families!!

Good luck to you all in the game.

CplJC
03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
AS it stand with the lack of communication coming from GREE! This truly has got to be one of the worst and poorly run corporations ever! Good job fellows! doom waiting to happen and Ill truly enjoy it ! lol

MadFox
03-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Well it just shows us: CJ is the only one who takes care of this MW forum...
There are some threads which would be closed... There are some users who would be banned...
No CJ - no official statement

ohgreatitsryan
03-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Guys.
Come one.
Let's try and be realistic when we think about this.
I don't blame CJ, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that he knew we would be up in arms about the scheduling of China, and there is nothing he can do, so he had a very well planned vacation, that honestly, he deserves. That is also why no one else is filling in, or saying anything. They can't do a single thing about it. They just want us to get the pissing and moaning out of our systems over the course of this week, as they hope we forget about it by the time CJ gets back. Maybe that's why no one is getting hit with the ban-hammer?

The scheduling is horrible, and it's a terrible situation, but the guys at funzio aren't in charge anymore. It isn't their game anymore.
They don't decide what happens.
Gree does.
So. That is why the event is falling on Easter: They need to up their quarterly earnings to remind their parent company why they forked over all that cash.
That is also why we are going to continue to have event, after event, after event. They are going to get closer and closer, until PJ, Ferr and the rest of the gold spenders in the top 25 Factions have had enough, because as long as those 25 factions keeps spending, it doesn't matter what anyone else does or says. If you aren't in one of those factions, your opinion, concerns, problems and money doesn't matter.
One.
Single.
Bit.

Deal with it.

Selfproclaimed
03-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Where's modern wars 40% off 1 day sale? C'mon gree. :)

General1971
03-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Get a clue gree. We have mass and family dinner. Not to mention the travel time required by most people. Total disregard for us who celebrate easter. Not only easter to consider but ease up on the greed and let us save a little cash . Please have a heart, you cant soend the cash in hell gree

Bashful Rain
03-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Works for me as long as they do a gold sale the day before so all the gold for both events is bought in March.... Then our gold bonuses add up to the $2K, or 5K level and we get the bonus gold......

CplJC
03-16-2013, 09:21 PM
are this people ever gonna listen to us! I know if China isn't change my faction will not participate at all.

Stormageddon
03-17-2013, 06:39 AM
Guys.
Come one.
Let's try and be realistic when we think about this.
I don't blame CJ, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that he knew we would be up in arms about the scheduling of China, and there is nothing he can do, so he had a very well planned vacation, that honestly, he deserves. That is also why no one else is filling in, or saying anything. They can't do a single thing about it. They just want us to get the pissing and moaning out of our systems over the course of this week, as they hope we forget about it by the time CJ gets back. Maybe that's why no one is getting hit with the ban-hammer?

The scheduling is horrible, and it's a terrible situation, but the guys at funzio aren't in charge anymore. It isn't their game anymore.
They don't decide what happens.
Gree does.
So. That is why the event is falling on Easter: They need to up their quarterly earnings to remind their parent company why they forked over all that cash.
That is also why we are going to continue to have event, after event, after event. They are going to get closer and closer, until PJ, Ferr and the rest of the gold spenders in the top 25 Factions have had enough, because as long as those 25 factions keeps spending, it doesn't matter what anyone else does or says. If you aren't in one of those factions, your opinion, concerns, problems and money doesn't matter.
One.
Single.
Bit.

Deal with it.

When you look at the rankings the top 10 are the ones really spending the money they rest aren't even close. From Ferrs comments he doesn't seem to care either cuz hes a winner with enough cash to keep winning so it wont change unless Gree takes pity on us poor folk lol. and for all you concerned with easter that would imply Gree is a Christian company and gives a damn

Octavian
03-17-2013, 08:50 AM
You people are hilarious. You throw you're money at GREEd to win at a board game, then whine when they keep trying to get more money.

Change happens when the gravy train runs dry. Maybe spend money going out with friends, or traveling, or doing an actual cool hobby, instead of wasting it ruling the Internet.

MadFox
03-19-2013, 04:55 AM
I wonder if Mr. CJ reads this....
I wonder if they start to care about their customers...
I wonder if there will be a day where things get better...
Everything could be so wonderful... :)

Ericinico
03-19-2013, 06:58 AM
WE have asked for 6 weeks between events to give our factions time to recoup - reorganize - save up our allowance for gold - really? 3 Weeks?You'll be okay.

Ace Ebb
03-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Gimme your money! Money money money. Pay up!!!!

Ace Ebb
03-19-2013, 10:23 PM
You think the guys making millions give a poop what CJ and the players want?

Big John
03-20-2013, 01:36 AM
KA event moved to clash with MW.

Baraka
03-20-2013, 02:04 AM
Sriously !!!!

Anjunbeats
03-20-2013, 04:16 AM
Just to make things clear, you guys do know that you are in no way whatsoever forced physically to spend any money to play this game? I don't get all this complaining..
I remember the good old days, when there were like 1-2 events per month and people were complaining that they need more events. Someone should do a psychological study about all this.