PDA

View Full Version : Two and half weeks before China starts....

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Please give us some more breathing room... we need a couple more box or EB events in between!

KLO
03-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Did I miss an announcement? Where did you come up with 2 1/2 weeks as the confirmed date for next country.... and where was it announced it was China??

spitfire
03-11-2013, 01:53 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/veatz5.jpg

seriously?

Adm.J
03-11-2013, 02:08 PM
And over yet another holiday weekend?

Bala82
03-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Well i only do boss events so it doesn't bother me -member of a camping faction :)

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Did I miss an announcement? Where did you come up with 2 1/2 weeks as the confirmed date for next country.... and where was it announced it was China??

Trust me... I know these things!

@Spitfire - Thanks for the SS!

CplJC
03-11-2013, 02:22 PM
I will not be gunning for top 100! May the GREE company die in a hellfire! ban me all you want, but you guys are straight up CLOWNS

ohgreatitsryan
03-11-2013, 02:22 PM
As a faction member pointed out to us, they moved it up so that it falls into Q1, and that way they can show higher revenue for the quarter. I guess we aren't spending as much as they'd hoped.

John Snow
03-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Pathetic attempt by a public company to show increased revenue in the first quarter. Gaming analysts won't be impressed. Won't help stock price. And there's already battle fatigue, so gold sales will be much less.

Dutchie
03-11-2013, 02:30 PM
As a faction member pointed out to us, they moved it up so that it falls into Q1, and that way they can show higher revenue for the quarter. I guess we aren't spending as much as they'd hoped.

I beg to differ.. the WD points are much higher in this 3 day event in Egypt than they were in Greenland which was over 4 days... You do the maths!

Your homework once the winners list is published is as follows -

Count the WD points for the top 100 and compare Greenland with Egypt

I can tell you now... Egypt wins hands down!

Justdavew32
03-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Well i only do boss events so it doesn't bother me -member of a camping faction :)

Are you looking any members?

procsyzarc
03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Pathetic attempt by a public company to show increased revenue in the first quarter. Gaming analysts won't be impressed. Won't help stock price. And there's already battle fatigue, so gold sales will be much less.

As much as people keep making this claim the amount of WD points needed for each place keep going up so dispite people thinking gold sales will reduce the points don't reflect this.

Walls have been made weaker so may have remained equal but certianly no big reduction even without the 40% sales

procsyzarc
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Again no PVP event. They were the best part but guess if it don't cause an big increase in gold sales Gree won't add it.

ohgreatitsryan
03-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I beg to differ..

Dutchie, what I said was that we aren't spending as much as they had hoped, not that we aren't spending increasingly large amounts.

ohgreatitsryan
03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Again no PVP event. They were the best part but guess if it don't cause an big increase in gold sales Gree won't add it.

The pvp events leveled the playing field too much, if people aren't spending a ton of gold on an event, then we won't be seeing it anymore.

It's all a dream
03-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Gree has lost it this time, i thought they were starting to listen.
2,5 weeks is completely nuts.
During eastern, again nuts.
Again 3 days, while most people ask for 2.

Come on CJ (and others at Gree) start taking our comments into account.

General Soviet
03-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Nice I guessed the country correctly. Can you post a picture of the prizes?

crazeejay
03-11-2013, 03:33 PM
F'n ridiculous

Vegaman
03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
We have had 2 players cash in their bases in the last 15 mins and get ready to leave the game completely. I spent £1,000 this war. We are not fighting Easter Weekend. No way jose its family time. Many members of our top 100 faction are leaving as its getting too expensive. I can do 3 weeks in Barbados - 5 star, in the real world for what this game will cost in the next 9 months. Its been a pleasure guys but i'm off this is too crazy.
I'd rather spend my cash another way not give it to a greedy company. GREE will do ok as there are a whole new pack of cyber wanna-be's coming up behind me.

Ciao xx

CplJC
03-11-2013, 03:40 PM
We have had 2 players cash in their bases in the last 15 mins and get ready to leave the game completely. I spent £1,000 this war. We are not fighting Easter Weekend. No way jose its family time. Many members of our top 100 faction are leaving as its getting too expensive. I can do 3 weeks in Barbados - 5 star, in the real world for what this game will cost in the next 9 months. Its been a pleasure guys but i'm off this is too crazy.
I'd rather spend my cash another way not give it to a greedy company. GREE will do ok as there are a whole new pack of cyber wanna-be's coming up behind me.

Ciao xx
Good for you dude.. My faction currently stands as 80% taking china off..Regardless.

procsyzarc
03-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Prizes for 2 and 3 suck this time. Both have been bonus on units in previous WD events, sure Ferr and Super faction will still spend the same though

ohgreatitsryan
03-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Prizes for 2 and 3 suck this time. Both have been bonus on units in previous WD events, sure Ferr and Super faction will still spend the same though

All the prizes suck this time. Top 10 is +5% to air attack? Seriously?

Hammer mike
03-11-2013, 04:17 PM
No No and NO!!! This is way to close together. I can say this with certainty, their will be an open spot in the top 100 for the China Invasion. This makes no sense, Gree has a good thing going here. Why stack the events up like this? I thought the whole idea behind this game was that its not a race!!

kyzeta700
03-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Wow never seen a company with no respect for their customers until now.

ohgreatitsryan
03-11-2013, 04:24 PM
I can say this with certainty, their will be an open spot in the top 100 for China

There are going to be a few. Especially when the only prize worth playing for is top 250, or top 1k.

1brent1
03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Wow never seen a company with no respect for their customers until now.

It hasent gotten any better since they started the factions. If they didn't listen then their not going to listen know.

I love it when CJ said he was going to use PUN's vote thread on how long event should last and top vote was for 3 days. Or blamed presidents day for extending the event an extra day.

I just wish they would listen to their customers.

I know it's not CJ making the decisions, its the Rich Chinese business guys in Asia and their making it too obvious.

Bolognium
03-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Economics 101: the law of diminishing marginal returns. They are canibalizing their own product. I mean Jesus, you have a good thing going here, a consistent money maker, and that's not good enough. Listen to your customers, they are screaming now. Our inventories are shredded and we don't have time to replace them.

Bob_55
03-11-2013, 04:29 PM
They really don't listened theirs customers 👎

ohgreatitsryan
03-11-2013, 04:30 PM
They really don't listened theirs customers ��
They never really have. They are the Cricket Mobile of game companies.

GQNammmer
03-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Economics 101: the law of diminishing marginal returns. They are canibalizing their own product. I mean Jesus, you have a good thing going here, a consistent money maker, and that's not good enough. Listen to your customers, they are screaming now. Our inventories are shredded and we don't have time to replace them.

Economics 101: if the demand is there, they're going to keep on supplying it. If only we had access to some numbers. We could then calculate the elasticity/inelasticity lol

It's amusing to see how many people are stating "if only they listen to the customers." Money talks and if the money keeps on rolling in, do you think they will slow down? Nope. GREE has found a cash cow and the consumers are opening up their wallets

spitfire
03-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I will not be gunning for top 100! May the GREE company die in a hellfire! ban me all you want, but you guys are straight up CLOWNS

That's not very nice. Have u seen their PR lady? I hope nothing happens to her. Those genes need to be passed on to many generations to come. GREE we demand an Epic boss PR lady!

Bolognium
03-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Some of us have spent a significant amount of money upfront, for the gold bonuses, on the assumption that we would have to commit a weekend a month on these events. Now we find out the plan is to have 2x as many events as planned. The money is spent and now if you THOUGHT you had enough gold to contribute for 12 events and a years worth of entertainment, that number now is 6 months and 2 weekends of participation. Not everyone in this game is a millionaire, and while I'm rarely broke I am no means rich, nor do I want to log into my phone every hour 2 weekends a month. If you have never spent a dime on this game I am sure you will have a smart quib about wasting money, but if you are invested in this game and enjoy the game, this is why we are beyond upset. In a matter of 10 minutes today, I was awarded the top 10 faction prizes, saw the start date of China, and revisited quitting this game again. I can't be alone in this bipolar GREE relationship. That is why we are mad, and as soon as you have it figured out without warning a 300% inflation hits old gold units making them obsolete. I know, cry me a river. You free players have it easy, your just dating GREE. The gold players are hanging on to the memories and good times of yesterday, but deep inside we know the love is gone and we only stay together until the kids go to college.

ohgreatitsryan
03-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Bolognium that was brilliant. Very well said.

Hammer mike
03-11-2013, 05:36 PM
GreeMW if you would please re-read my post on the previous page it clearly says that there will be an open spot in the top 100!! Let me spell that out for you, I won't be spending any gold in China. I am doing exactly was I said anyone with a problem should do!!

Tanner
03-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Some of us have spent a significant amount of money upfront, for the gold bonuses, on the assumption that we would have to commit a weekend a month on these events. Now we find out the plan is to have 2x as many events as planned. The money is spent and now if you THOUGHT you had enough gold to contribute for 12 events and a years worth of entertainment, that number now is 6 months and 2 weekends of participation. Not everyone in this game is a millionaire, and while I'm rarely broke I am no means rich, nor do I want to log into my phone every hour 2 weekends a month. If you have never spent a dime on this game I am sure you will have a smart quib about wasting money, but if you are invested in this game and enjoy the game, this is why we are beyond upset. In a matter of 10 minutes today, I was awarded the top 10 faction prizes, saw the start date of China, and revisited quitting this game again. I can't be alone in this bipolar GREE relationship. That is why we are mad, and as soon as you have it figured out without warning a 300% inflation hits old gold units making them obsolete. I know, cry me a river. You free players have it easy, your just dating GREE. The gold players are hanging on to the memories and good times of yesterday, but deep inside we know the love is gone and we only stay together until the kids go to college.

I am a free player who has had a free ride on the cost tails of all who pay to play. So, thanks. Thanks to you, the big spenders, and to those who choose to spend in our faction. I benefit from your spending at every tap of the finger in this game. Personally, I tapjoy my gold. It is a decision that fits my values; that doesn't mean yours are inferior. I must agree though that the marked devaluation of gold in mw could be likened to running up a country's markets. It really, really, really hurts the smallest investors. Furthermore, as you move up the food chain the pain of loss decreases and the biggest spenders aren't hurt by the same factor of devaluation bc of special golden parachutes and backroom buddy deals.

procsyzarc
03-11-2013, 06:05 PM
They are listening to their customers.
They tested it with a month gap for Greenland and then tested it with a 2.5 week gap for Egypt and their customers clearly told them by spending the same or more gold in Egypt that they preferred the 2.5 week gap between events. What is posted here doesn’t really matter the figures are clear with a reduced gap even more points were scored meaning even more gold was used. There is absolutely not point crying here about the short turn around if you are still going to spend the same amount of gold or if the majority will since you are sending them two conflicting messages and it’s pretty obvious which one they will listen too.

So thank you Gree for listening to your customers and giving us what we are asking for even if most posting hear don’t actually know what they are asking for. Now if you could just listen to us for boss events two we will help you make more money

Wufnu
03-11-2013, 06:12 PM
its the Rich Chinese business guys in Asia and their making it too obvious.

Gree is owned by a Japanese company methinks.....

Maestro
03-11-2013, 06:35 PM
I am not buying gold for china.

BADMARKX
03-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Eagle House had more gold buyers this round and we still had to fight for another top 100 right to the last point.
I wonder when all the usual top teams will burn out. Clearly not on this one...

Grand Overlord
03-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Crystal ball time - watch them change the date to one week later just to "prove" they listen to their customers.

As it stands, no gold from me in China.

hoho
03-11-2013, 08:30 PM
a tight schedule indeed with China invasion ... havent catched up my sleep ....

will in-game purchase be on much lower cost ? seriously huge sale discount ?

crazeejay
03-11-2013, 08:38 PM
I couldn't have said it any better!!

dloh1970
03-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Can you please give the option of declaring war only to the Faction leader or the Officers ?

syltaylor
03-11-2013, 08:58 PM
It seems the only people complaining are gold users. They just can't stand to have to play without it to see that they truly are not a top 100 or whatever. I really like the idea of it being competitive by being closer between events. Spending a thousand dollars on an event in a game? I'd rather have something physical that lasts longer. But hey I'm not rich or a teenager so I need what I earn to support my family.

Markj1s
03-11-2013, 09:37 PM
People aren't complaining just because of the gold. We don't want this event to be so watered down. Look at baseball for an example. To many games and they last to long. Revenue is down. American football on the other hand is huge. Very few games and each of them is an event. Revenue is at an all time high. Gree fallow that model it works. Don't water this down so much or people will lose interest. It's working for now, but the luster will wear off. People will stop participating. Just a thought.

It's all a dream
03-11-2013, 11:23 PM
It seems the only people complaining are gold users. They just can't stand to have to play without it to see that they truly are not a top 100 or whatever. I really like the idea of it being competitive by being closer between events. Spending a thousand dollars on an event in a game? I'd rather have something physical that lasts longer. But hey I'm not rich or a teenager so I need what I earn to support my family.

I dont use gold, but these events slurp time as well. Family is complaining as it is already. Planning a battle during eastern and so close on the other is just not working for me.
I could understand egypt being close, so that guilds in KA and CC could be planned around, but now it seems Gree once again decides to blow up their own game(s). I play KA and CC as well, but if Gree is keeping this up it will be difficult to play any one of them.

Trebor
03-12-2013, 12:23 AM
It's like we are over vault and they just keep raiding raiding raiding Enough allready ! Get it fixed and working properly before anything.

Adm.J
03-12-2013, 12:53 PM
I dont use gold, but these events slurp time as well. Family is complaining as it is already. Planning a battle during eastern and so close on the other is just not working for me.
I could understand egypt being close, so that guilds in KA and CC could be planned around, but now it seems Gree once again decides to blow up their own game(s). I play KA and CC as well, but if Gree is keeping this up it will be difficult to play any one of them.

Yeah, it's not only the gold users. I'm not so much even mad it's so close, though I would like a little more time to rebuild, but over Easter weekend? First, it's a holiday, so no one will be in the Gree office if the stuff hits the fan like last time. Second, while we want to play, most just aren't able to for various reasons related to the holiday. So we may play, or we may not. I may play, I may not. I won't really moan or complain, I'll just do what I need to do. Besides, we haven't cracked the top 1000 anyway, and we'd have to really do a whole lot of nothing to not place in the top 4000.

Pakmom1
03-12-2013, 03:24 PM

I have no problem with anyone spending money on this or any other game, if it's within their means then it's their choice, No harm, no foul. That doesn't mean that we"free players" are any less motivated to do well in this game, we just have to work on a different level. We are still competitive people who try our best because it's fun, (or used to be), and the plus is that it can be a distraction from the harsh realities that surround us all. That's what gaming is all about, right?

We still get tired of the last minute changes, time consumption, the disregard GREE shows to the customers input, bugs and a lot of other things.

Let's face it, the difference between free and gold is money spent or not. It has nothing to do with how people feel about playing this game. Yes, those who pay give the rest of us the opportunity to join in, at a lesser level, which is perfectly fine and much appreciated. You either love it - or you can leave it! Admittedly, it's much easier to leave if you don't have a vested interest, lol.

Basically, we're all here because we love the game. We stuck through the shortened breaks between battles, hoping they would listen and give us the time we all requested for the next round. We trusted, and that trust was broken, again. Frustrating for all.